Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Climbin' rocks since 1992 ch0chi's Avatar
    Stats: 6'0", 185 lbs
    ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit ch0chi's BodySpace

Debunking the myth: Adderall and weight lifting

This is by no means a scientific study.

I was prescribed Dexedrine 15mg for add towards the end of september. Two weeks later I was prescribed Adderall XR 20mg.
    I thought my bodybuilding lifestyle was over. The first couple of weeks eating was a chore. After that I was always hungry. I've gained 5lbs since then. My diet has been decently clean.

Thoughts?

Inb4flame. I'm just trying to cover this widely talked about topic.

*Note: I stared Layne Norton's hypertrophy routine roughly around the same time as I was prescribed adderall.
    It's 4:30 in the morning. You think, "why am I up?" The world is asleep. Your not. Get to it bud, because your better than your boss. Your better than your peers. Your better than that kid that owned you in CoD last night.

Shut up and Squat.

Stats: 5'8", 169 lbs
    Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Dr_Voltron's BodySpace
    Dexedrine , adderall ?
    -- i rep back --

ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000) ch0chi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit ch0chi's BodySpace
    Amphetamines prescribed to ADD patients. Widely abused among college kids.
    It's 4:30 in the morning. You think, "why am I up?" The world is asleep. Your not. Get to it bud, because your better than your boss. Your better than your peers. Your better than that kid that owned you in CoD last night.

Shut up and Squat.

Stats: 5'8", 169 lbs
    Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dr_Voltron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Dr_Voltron's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by ch0chi View Post
    Amphetamines prescribed to ADD patients. Widely abused among college kids.
    So u were using amphetamines

Its illegal to use it cuz it can lead to certain death in some cases
    Some ppl use it to lose weight/burn fat

How was ur experience with amphitamines ?
    Did u notice any changes in ur behavior ?
    -- i rep back --

Stats: 6'2", 220 lbs
    petebaak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) petebaak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) petebaak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) petebaak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) petebaak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) petebaak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) petebaak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) petebaak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) petebaak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) petebaak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) petebaak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit petebaak's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Dr_Voltron View Post
    So u were using amphetamines

Its illegal to use it cuz it can lead to certain death in some cases
    Some ppl use it to lose weight/burn fat

How was ur experience with amphitamines ?
    Did u notice any changes in ur behavior ?
    adderall is not illegal. that **** is handed out to you at the drs if you say you cant focus
    k

Stats: 5'11", 180 lbs
    blessthefall has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) blessthefall has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) blessthefall has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) blessthefall has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) blessthefall has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) blessthefall has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) blessthefall has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) blessthefall has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) blessthefall has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) blessthefall has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) blessthefall has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit blessthefall's BodySpace
    you use them because they keep you awake and focus more...ADD use them to keep them calm...also i believe pilots use them during long flights that they HAVE to stay alert and focused...what hes saying is students(not me atleast) use them to pull all nighters to write a term paper which they had weeks to do in advance

Visit ch0chi's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by blessthefall View Post
    you use them because they keep you awake and focus more...ADD use them to keep them calm...also i believe pilots use them during long flights that they HAVE to stay alert and focused...what hes saying is students(not me atleast) use them to pull all nighters to write a term paper which they had weeks to do in advance
    This

Repped because i like the band blessthefall too.

Shut up and Squat.

Stats: 6'0", 196 lbs
    muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit muscleshakes's BodySpace
    This

Repped because i like the band blessthefall too.
    people that say adderall makes them not hungry either take a large dose or just think they are not hungry. A lot of it is mental. When I take it I actually get hungry and eat. I eat the same on it or off it. Im not trying to gain weight or get bigger at same time not trying to lose. I just want to maintain and Im a recreational weight lifter work out person.

Justice Police of bb.com hostelmaniac's Avatar
    Stats: 5'9", 180 lbs
    hostelmaniac has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hostelmaniac has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hostelmaniac has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hostelmaniac has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hostelmaniac has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hostelmaniac has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hostelmaniac has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hostelmaniac has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hostelmaniac has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hostelmaniac has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hostelmaniac has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit hostelmaniac's BodySpace
    The few times ive taken it i have experienced suppressed appetite. i eat pretty big ( i know, everyone says that) and on adderall all i ate the entire day was half a pbj sandwich.... but man do you feel great on it
    Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155910073

muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscleshakes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hostelmaniac View Post
    The few times ive taken it i have experienced suppressed appetite. i eat pretty big ( i know, everyone says that) and on adderall all i ate the entire day was half a pbj sandwich.... but man do you feel great on it
    Thats bc it does suppresse a lot of peoples appetite you just have to remind yourself hey I need a shake or hey I need a couple Tuna Sandwhiches. I guesss it could make you feel great but for me it just helps with focus and 75% of the time I feel fine. Sometimes I dont like it or feel like it stops working thats when I take a break from it. I really dont need it but I use it and it does help with work or in certain situations. Of course its not great to take all the time at high dosages and not good if you want to get big and gain a bunch of weight.

The kids that abuse it I cant believe that the amounts they say they take. I dont know why you would want to take those amounts. Probably most people that get it dont really need it bc IMO all kids have ADHD and a lot of adults do too you need to learn how to deal with it without the amp. Also when you stop taking it you may feel a little tired or lazy for a day but most of it is in your head...then the next day you feel fine.

Unless you are a juiced up pro bodybuilder you will be fine. I think a lot of young weight lifters over eat anyways thinking that they need it but it Also depends on goals. If you want to gain weight or I guess gain a good amount of weight yes eat a lot. But usually your joys gets used to adderall. I lose weight when I stop working out I gain about 5-8 lbs when I start liftin weights mainly be well I get more muscle & yes I'more hungry. Still tho I'm a 185lbs 5,11 1/2 person not wNting to be a 250lbs guy bc #1 I couldn't be #2 I would look dumb bc my body isn't supposed to weight that much. In the past 17 years I have been in between 175-192.

Stats: 5'11", 210 lbs
    MikeyJTheGreat is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeyJTheGreat is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeyJTheGreat is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeyJTheGreat is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeyJTheGreat is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeyJTheGreat is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeyJTheGreat is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeyJTheGreat is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeyJTheGreat is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeyJTheGreat is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeyJTheGreat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit MikeyJTheGreat's BodySpace
    ^
    Way to bring an old thread back from the grave lmao

Huge myth or it's I your head

I've gained 13lbs the past 12 weeks. I'm on adderall now and wasn't on it before and I've been lifting weights for 18 years. It doesn't change my eating habits at all. Actually if anything it makes me think about eating protein & foods that I know are going to help my gains. I'm 38 years old hard gainer been 180-185 since I started lifting at age 20. I was 170 at 19 them lifted took creatine & 180-185. Been around that 185 no matter what when I lift I look so much better but same weight so I took break then gained 13lbs I'm 195lbs & I think BF is same we used calipers same person that took It last summer. Anyways it's a myth I could see someone saying that first or second time or taking a ton but it feels like a cup of coffee. I still eat 5 times a day like always. I'm noticeable bigger now after lifting on adderall than lifting for years without it. My doc prescribed it for focus at work bc I'm a busy person

Originally Posted by MikeyJTheGreat View Post
    ^
    Way to bring an old thread back from the grave lmao
    Yeah my bad didn't realize I did that hell if anything caffeine and the pre workout drinks make me jittery or not want to lift that was before I took adderrLl like last summer I bought 3 popular pre workouts and felt like 6 cups of coffee but I can drink Starbucks big ones and feel fine. Adderall makes me calmer might get little mental boost but focus mind muscle connection is best it's been in My life . I can't wait to go eat big dunno after these shrugs!!!!!!

This is by no means a scientific study.

I was prescribed Dexedrine 15mg for add towards the end of september. Two weeks later I was prescribed Adderall XR 20mg.
    I thought my bodybuilding lifestyle was over. The first couple of weeks eating was a chore. After that I was always hungry. I've gained 5lbs since then. My diet has been decently clean.

Thoughts?

Inb4flame. I'm just trying to cover this widely talked about topic.

*Note: I stared Layne Norton's hypertrophy routine roughly around the same time as I was prescribed adderall.
    I've gained 10-15lbs in 10 weeks or so in the past I could only gain about 5lbs when I started lifting even tho I would look 15lbs better meanin weight shifts in body but I kept BF about exact same & Gained but I'm always hungry I have to eat every 4 that is the longest I go with out at least a peanut butter bread ssss

Stats: 5'8", 178 lbs
    SpliTT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SpliTT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SpliTT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SpliTT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SpliTT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SpliTT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SpliTT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SpliTT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SpliTT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SpliTT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SpliTT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SpliTT's BodySpace
    been on adderall for 4 years started from 15mg all the way to 40mg - the pill works for what ever you want to focus on . it's very beneficial in getting things ''DONE'' focus is out of this world.
    ★ DIRTY SOUTH CREW ☆

☆☆☆ Clash Of Clans | Join my clan ---> Rage's den <--- (will rep for life if you join! active+ and 1k trophies to join please) ☆☆☆

Stats: 6'4", 194 lbs
    legitsrs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) legitsrs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) legitsrs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) legitsrs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) legitsrs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) legitsrs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) legitsrs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) legitsrs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) legitsrs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) legitsrs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) legitsrs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit legitsrs's BodySpace
    I literally take 2 hours to make perfect meals on adderall, it's hilarious.