godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need help/advice on a couple things (particularly Deadlifts anf swtiching to SS)

I'm doing a 4day split right now: Chest/Tri, Back/Bi, Legs, Should/Abs four days in a row. I feel as if its not doing as much for me as when I used to do full body workours 3 days a week. I want to switch to Starting Strenght ( the Practical Version):

Monday
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press / Press (Alternating)
    Chin-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

Wednesday
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Press / Bench Press (Alternating)
    1x5 Deadlift

Friday
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press / Press (Alternating)
    Pull-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps
    __________________________________________________ _________________-

I want to do this particularly because my deadlift sucks.

right now its Squat > Bench > Deadlift > OH Press. idk if I'm doing something wrong, I'm cautious about how much weight to my deads because I feel as if my form goes bad. I have a small upperbody, longer legs, if that makes a difference. For some reason when Im doing deads I feel as if something wrong as the bar almost hits my knees every rep.

Now I want to switch to this program but I only have access to the gym Mon - Thurs.

Help a brother out, any way to solve this?

godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godisanatheist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump?

Someone said try sumo deadlifts?

BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500)
    The program you posted has Wednesday as a light squat day.

Run the original SS template.
    If your deadlifts are not as great as you are claiming them to be, you should be able to get away with alternating them twice a week and with once a week.

Bench press and Press are alternated on regular SS template as well, so you aren't missing anything there.

EDIT:

This is your lift strength order: Squat > Bench > Deadlift > OH Press

This is how it should be, unless you are lifting in suits/wraps: Deadlift > Squat > Bench > Press

You might be squatting high...Im not sure how your bench is higher than your deadlift...When i first did a deadlift, my bench was significantly lower than my deadlift.

Ive been benching longer than I've been deadlifting. And its only greater by 20lbs or so.

jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Really don't believe OP is benching more than he deads. strong bench jockey...or your form is very much off.
    be a lot cooler if you did

I'm trying to prove that my deadlift sucks. My Bench is decent

I weight 130 lbs. I bench 150lb.

BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500)
    Then, you need to do SS if you deadlift that little.

If you are doing the lift correctly, there should be no reason for you to get injured.

You aren't going to get anywhere deadlifting less than your BW for reps..

I have really long legs, small upper body, and short arms. Higher weights make me slouch over since the bar nearly hits my knees every rep.

A couple people recommended doing sumo deadlifts which are better for my build so I'm gonna give that a shot.

Originally Posted by godisanatheist View Post
    I have really long legs, small upper body, and short arms. Higher weights make me slouch over since the bar nearly hits my knees every rep.

A couple people recommended doing sumo deadlifts which are better for my build so I'm gonna give that a shot.
    You are supposed to drag the bar up your legs.
    I have long legs, short torso and long arms and im pulling 335 for sets of 5.

yes i know but the bar hits my knees even near the bottom of the lift

yes i know but the bar hits my knees even near the bottom of the lift
    Get a video.
    You are doing something wrong..

URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Not sure what your workout says. What is sets what is reps? Looks to easy IMO stick with your current routine, touch up the exercises involved

It's three sets of five.

Idk about too easy as I'm going to be adding as much weight as I can every week on my core lifts. Once I get these lifts up, I'll start a 4day split again

kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you must have short ass arms, you aren't touching your chest, or your 150 bench is all spot.
    PSN - kempbrah

Skinny natty men's physique competitor with no legs checking in.

I rep back.

It's three sets of five.

Idk about too easy as I'm going to be adding as much weight as I can every week on my core lifts. Once I get these lifts up, I'll start a 4day split again
    This is what you should shoot for before doing 4 day splits:

150 OHP
    275 Bench
    375 Squat
    450 deadlift

URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It's three sets of five.

This will work. I've done that before but with the 4 day split. Lowering and increasing intensity bro you don't wanna look funny do ya?

Originally Posted by BHillz View Post
    This is what you should shoot for before doing 4 day splits:

150 OHP
    275 Bench
    375 Squat
    450 deadlift
    Thats ****ing insane I'm not training to be a power lifter.