Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'0", 188 lbs
    TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit TheComedian's BodySpace

How Hard Is It to Become a Pharmacist?

There haven't been any recent threads on this, so I figured I'd start one. Any pharmacists on here?

I know pharmacists were in demand a few years ago, but I've heard that isn't the case so much anymore. And the job market is supposedly pretty saturated. Is it still a good career to go into?

How about the college work.. I know it mainly deals with Biology and Chemistry, and some Calculus. How hard is that, really? Do you have to be a math whiz?

What about applying to a 4 year Pharmacy School? Right now I'm thinking if I attempt to go this route, I'd do 2-3 years in community college and knock out the prereqs, then apply for Pharm School. I've read the competition is insane for 8 years, so most people choose a 4 year. How hard is the work and course load when you get there?

clorox_me has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) clorox_me has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) clorox_me has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) clorox_me has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) clorox_me has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) clorox_me has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) clorox_me has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) clorox_me has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) clorox_me has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) clorox_me has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) clorox_me has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit clorox_me's BodySpace
    i wouldn't trust someone with 14 rep power to be my pharmacist. they may f something up.

Stats: 6'1", 225 lbs
    powercage has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) powercage has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) powercage has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) powercage has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) powercage has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) powercage has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) powercage has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) powercage has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) powercage has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) powercage has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) powercage has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit powercage's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
    There haven't been any recent threads on this, so I figured I'd start one. Any pharmacists on here?

I know pharmacists were in demand a few years ago, but I've heard that isn't the case so much anymore. And the job market is supposedly pretty saturated. Is it still a good career to go into?

How about the college work.. I know it mainly deals with Biology and Chemistry, and some Calculus. How hard is that, really? Do you have to be a math whiz?

What about applying to a 4 year Pharmacy School? Right now I'm thinking if I attempt to go this route, I'd do 2-3 years in community college and knock out the prereqs, then apply for Pharm School. I've read the competition is insane for 8 years, so most people choose a 4 year. How hard is the work and course load when you get there?
    It's not very hard. Pharmacy school isn't overly difficult. I have a bunch of friends who are pharmacists, during pharmacy school they were always going out drinking multiple times a week (as well as on the weekends)...they dont have that many difficult exams weekly to be honest compared to medical school

NoA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NoA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NoA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NoA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NoA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NoA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NoA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NoA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NoA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NoA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NoA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit NoA's BodySpace
    OP become a dental assistant via Everest, the commercial said they're in demand.

BodyPoints: 5188
    Wtf? has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wtf? has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wtf? has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wtf? has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wtf? has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wtf? has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wtf? has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wtf? has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wtf? has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wtf? has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Wtf? has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Wtf?'s BodySpace
    Easy as long as you are good at math, biology, etc.

I had a friend that did it in less than 2 years. His homework was stupid **** like memorizing dosages and classes of drugs. A lot of those math problems that are written in a paragraph and he had to figure out calculations. I suck at math and some of it was even common sense for me.
    1k.
    I rape back faster if you paste a link in rape box.

TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheComedian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wtf? View Post
    Easy as long as you are good at math, biology, etc.

I had a friend that did it in less than 2 years. His homework was stupid **** like memorizing dosages and classes of drugs. A lot of those math problems that are written in a paragraph and he had to figure out calculations. I suck at math and some of it was even common sense for me.

I'm not good math at all. But if I only have to take a few Calculus classes, I could easily get a tutor. I still have to take like 4-5 College Algebra and other math classes in order to get to Calculus though. FML.

Fast misc is fast.

Stats: 5'6", 51 lbs
    aztrls is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aztrls is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aztrls is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aztrls is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aztrls is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aztrls is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aztrls is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aztrls is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aztrls is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aztrls is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aztrls is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit aztrls's BodySpace
    you just need to know the right people, then nothing's hard.

NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I am in my third year of pharm school.

Shadow a pharmacist before you decide upon going to pharmacy school.

Originally Posted by NaturalC View Post
    I am in my third year of pharm school.

Shadow a pharmacist before you decide upon going to pharmacy school.
    How do you do that? Do you recommend I try to get a job as a Pharm Tech?

And what about the math? If it isn't your strongest subject, are you pretty much phucked?

NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NaturalC has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
    How do you do that? Do you recommend I try to get a job as a Pharm Tech?

And what about the math? If it isn't your strongest subject, are you pretty much phucked?
    Just ask around, tell them you are interested in pharmacy.

I would shadow a retail pharmacist (CVS,Rite Aid, Walgreens, etc.)

and you should shadow a hospital pharmacist (ask your local hospitals)

Ask the pharmacists about their jobs. Tell them to be honest. What are the Pro's/Con's, stress levels, satisfaction from their jobs, etc.
    Can you see yourself in their shoes the rest of your life?

pharm tech job would be a plus, or really any job in the health care field.

What do you mean your strongest subject? Are you struggling with basic algebra?
    I had to take Calc I and II. If you want to be a pharmacist you need to know how to dose drugs. You are dealing with people's lives, it's time to grow up and pay attention to what is being taught or else you probably shouldn't be in the profession.

It is hard to say how the pharmacy profession will be in a few years. It went from being just a B.S. degree making 50k a year to developing into a doctorate degree and making a 100K a year.

However, new schools are opening left and right and hiring freezes for pharmacists are now going into effect. Retail giants like CVS and Walgreens are duking it out and Rite Aid is about to go bankrupt.

If you are thinking about it just for the money, good luck.

Stats: 5'10", 155 lbs
    hugeORdie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hugeORdie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hugeORdie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hugeORdie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hugeORdie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hugeORdie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hugeORdie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hugeORdie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hugeORdie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hugeORdie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hugeORdie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit hugeORdie's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by powercage View Post
    It's not very hard. Pharmacy school isn't overly difficult. I have a bunch of friends who are pharmacists, during pharmacy school they were always going out drinking multiple times a week (as well as on the weekends)...they dont have that many difficult exams weekly to be honest compared to medical school
    Im in my first year of pharmacy school in Canada. Its not easy, but its not overtly difficult either, a lot of material to cover. Exams and labs are very stressful, and high pressure.

I plan on applying to medical school later, however, I might not finish my pharm degree. Not sure if it is the right thing for me, but definitely do your research before you decide to apply, I know I should have.