Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Crab's Crawl: The Physical Wanderings of a Lunatic

Ok, so this isn't really the start of the story, but it's where I start telling it here.

I'm now twenty months back in the gym and a week shy of two years sober, both things I thought would never happen again. I'm pretty happy about both and the longer that streak becomes the less interested I am in ever breaking it.

Lifting has brought back a love for life I also thought was long gone. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean that I didn't enjoy being alive before, I just feel like I have a second chance to be twenty five again. I can do anything physically I did back then and enjoy it more now than back then.

So, what do I plan to use this journal for? Brain dump really. Log my workouts, food ideas and changes, supplements and maybe a little bit of life. I'll save most of the heavy stuff for my regular blog, but will still tell it like it is here as well.

I work too much, so I'll be in and out. I'm also in the midst of some dramatic changes in my life that will also keep me from being a daily contributor here, but it won't be for a lack of effort.

I come here to inspire and be inspired.....to share thoughts and ideas with like minded individuals.

I have no set goal as of today other than to continue to improve and work my ass off.

If it sounds like something you might be interested in reading, come along. If not, no worries.

righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Welcome to the journals! Looking forward to reading!

TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by righter View Post
    Welcome to the journals! Looking forward to reading!
    Thanks for the welcome and I hope I can provide some interesting ramblings from time to time.

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TheCrab View Post
    I'm now twenty months back in the gym and a week shy of two years sober, both things I thought would never happen again. I'm pretty happy about both and the longer that streak becomes the less interested I am in ever breaking it.
    Congratulations!

Lifting has brought back a love for life I also thought was long gone. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean that I didn't enjoy being alive before, I just feel like I have a second chance to be twenty five again. I can do anything physically I did back then and enjoy it more now than back then.
    This is one of the best things about lifting!

Welcome to the journals!

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Congrats and welcome to the journals.

If you're looking for inspiration, this is the place to find it.

-=FLEX=-
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    'it's the end of the beginning'

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Welcome to the block
    David

Thanks to all for the welcome.

Finishing up a five week routine that worked a single body part every day of the week, so I'm looking forward to changing things up.

The seven day split did wonders for my shoulders. Having three or four days between shoulders and chest meant they got far more rest than any of my other recent routines and they needed it. I was doing legs twice a week with lighter weight and higher reps and that's got to go. Between the two days a week and the three thirty minute cardio days a week these bad boys are a little like lead right about now.

Shoulders in the morning and maybe enough free time during the day to come up with something new to start Monday morning.

I have had much better luck when my volume is high, so that will more than likely be what I look for again.

Everyone have a great night.

Sunday Shoulders

Last day of the current routine and my body is ready for a change.

Didn't get to sleep until later than normal, but a quiet place with nothing to wake me up let me get a solid seven hours of sleep. First time in a long time I can say that.

Off to the gym to work shoulders and I knew going in this one would be brutal. They ache and even with the added sleep I didn't feel 100%. Still got it done and felt little in the way of effects from the rotated rib and low back strain that have slowed me this last week.

Starting the new routine tomorrow and I'll post what, how much and how many.

Everyone enjoy their Sunday and have a great day.

KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hated shoulders
    now they are my favourite

Originally Posted by KrohDaddi View Post
    hated shoulders
    now they are my favourite
    I'm the other way. Used to love working them when I was young and they didn't hurt. They are slowly moving back up the list as they improve.

Monday: Delayed Launch

I was supposed to start a new routine this morning, but the lower back strain is still hanging on. With the screwed up holiday week in the mix, it makes more sense to just push the new routine off a week and work what I've been working for another week.

Starting the SNS Stack and log will also be delayed another week. I've kept using the Focus and can safely say that will stay on the shelf regardless of what happens with the rest of the products.

Back to work people.

Freestyle Chest

Followed my existing plan and stuck with Chest Day for today. Nothing after the cardio warmup was per plan and that was by design. Did what I wanted, how I wanted it with nothing really in mind other than working chest. Pretty good pump and a solid overall workout for winging it.

I'll do this same thing with every body part this week, just to liven things up a bit. If every day's results are like today's I'll be more than happy.

jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000)
    sub'd
    My Magnum Tonic Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143471243&p=854829653&posted=1#post854829653
    My MuscleTech MyoBuild Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142353891
    My Magnum Serum Accelerated Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131200683
    My ErgoGenix AfterMath and QBM Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129136921
    My AAEFX Test Charge Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128308921

Originally Posted by jrahlfs View Post
    sub'd
    Talk to me J. What does that mean?

'subscribed'

doesn't work as well as you might like

is this the Crab or the Crab?

Freestyle Legs

Not much in the way of energy this morning and it was reflected in my leg workout this morning. The tweak in my lower back made squats......an adventure and limited the movements I could effectively do. Still managed a pretty decent workout and didn't do anything further to my back.

I'd post exercises and reps and weights, but I held back on everything to protect my back. Don't want to post abnormally low numbers that are an anamoly.

If I wasn't so damned stubborn I would shut it down for the rest of the week and start back up Monday, but truth be told, I am that stubborn. Grit my teeth and keep pushing forward. It's what I do.

Hopefully more sleep tonight will result in a better workout in the morning.

Everyone enjoy your day.

'subscribed'

doesn't work as well as you might like

is this the Crab or the Crab?
    Ah. Understood. I'll figure this stuff out.

I am The Crab. I think.

jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000) jrahlfs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not much in the way of energy this morning and it was reflected in my leg workout this morning. The tweak in my lower back made squats......an adventure and limited the movements I could effectively do. Still managed a pretty decent workout and didn't do anything further to my back.

I'd post exercises and reps and weights, but I held back on everything to protect my back. Don't want to post abnormally low numbers that are an anamoly.

If I wasn't so damned stubborn I would shut it down for the rest of the week and start back up Monday, but truth be told, I am that stubborn. Grit my teeth and keep pushing forward. It's what I do.

Hopefully more sleep tonight will result in a better workout in the morning.

Everyone enjoy your day.
    One of these days, you're going to get these nagging injuries taken care of, and you are going to be dangerous. I'm damned sure that your decent workout is most peoples ass kicking workout. Stay that stubborn. That's what makes you TheCrab.
    My Magnum Tonic Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143471243&p=854829653&posted=1#post854829653
    My MuscleTech MyoBuild Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142353891
    My Magnum Serum Accelerated Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131200683
    My ErgoGenix AfterMath and QBM Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129136921
    My AAEFX Test Charge Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128308921

Originally Posted by jrahlfs View Post
    One of these days, you're going to get these nagging injuries taken care of, and you are going to be dangerous. I'm damned sure that your decent workout is most peoples ass kicking workout. Stay that stubborn. That's what makes you TheCrab.

J, I'm dangerous with the nagging injuries. LOL. If I ever get 100% right again I will be smiling and dangerous.

Thats my plan.

Freestyle Back

Had what was one of my better back days in months this morning, doing what I wanted, when I wanted and not following any set routine. Everything was up from a weight and rep standpoint and pull ups are back on the menu after struggling with the rotated rib and back strain of late.

Cruised right through the entire workout and was one set of DB Rows away from being done and POW! Same lower lat tie in that felt like I was shot. Set the 105 back on the floor and I could immediately tell I was screwed. It was in spasm and just moving was giving me fits.

Looks like I will get that rest after all.

Still planning on starting up the new routine on Monday, but I might just shut it down until then. It was sooo close to being right and I pissed it away.

Live and learn, or, continue to beat my head against the wall.

Depends on the wall, I guess.

105lb dumbell row is pretty intense
    i reckon that's like a 280 barbell row

105lb dumbell row is pretty intense
    i reckon that's like a 280 barbell row
    For my bodyweight it is. By the end of the last set I usually have a hard time holding onto the damned thing.

Thanksgiving: Off Day

With the tweak in my lower back I decided to call today a rest day. No cardio. No lifting. Nothing but some rest and good food.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and take a minute to think about the things we all have to be thankful for.

Crab

flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Welcome and congrats! We do have a lot to be thankful for. Take care of those pains.
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129333651

Saturday...Off Day?

Working today, but toying with the idea of hitting the gym this afternoon.

The back is better. Much better. I'll not rush right out and start blowing out 400lb + deads or squats, but it feels pretty good.

Need to get some shoulder work and triceps to make up for what I've missed this week and today might be a good day to do it.

I'll see how everything feels this afternoon before I make a decision.

I hate not lifting. Hate it, but, I hate injuries much more.

We shall see.

r u living your signature Doc.Happy's Avatar
    Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    damnit crab face! you are suppose to tell me when you start these things!
    "Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. for the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. and let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." Galatians 6:7-9

r u living your signature Doc.Happy's Avatar
    Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Working today, but toying with the idea of hitting the gym this afternoon.

The back is better. Much better. I'll not rush right out and start blowing out 400lb + deads or squats, but it feels pretty good.

Need to get some shoulder work and triceps to make up for what I've missed this week and today might be a good day to do it.

I'll see how everything feels this afternoon before I make a decision.

I hate not lifting. Hate it, but, I hate injuries much more.

We shall see.
    *clearing throat* i do believe somebody is supposed to be RESTING, hello, resting until monday!
    "Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. for the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. and let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." Galatians 6:7-9

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I like having a clean up day on Fri, Sat. or Sun.to hit anything that got missed during the week.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Originally Posted by Doc.Happy View Post
    damnit crab face! you are suppose to tell me when you start these things!
    I figure you'll see it or you won't. You've got stuff to do Doc. No need bogging you down.