Thread: fat cells

ksizlee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ksizlee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

fat cells

more than a few times i've heard that when you gain fat your fat cells increase in size as well as your body creates new fat cells, and that when you lose fat, your body does not rid itself of the fat cells, the fat cells just shrink. So basically, the fat cells stay in your body, and they crave more food. So when you take a break from your diet/exercise program, you are especially vulnerable to put on a lot of fat because those fat cells are just waiting to be fed again.
    I've heard this information when people were talking about why the "rebound effect" happens so often and so easily.

How much of this is true? and is there any way to get rid of the fat cells through diet and exercise or is the only way to get rid of those cells is to have them removed surgically.

CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think that's why it's important to make what u do your new lifestlye. Meaning you won't necessarily "go off" of it, you just make adjustments for special occasions and tweak it to your specific needs. I honestly think most of that kind of talk is an excuse for people to feel helpless when it comes to their lack of complete self discipline.

I have personally experienced that but the difference is that I starved myself down to a low weight unhealthily and then had that insatiable hunger. I don't think it applies too much to people that allow their body to adjust (along with themselves)to less junk food the healthy way. I don't think we would be able to lose 5 pounds without feeling really hungry if that were true.

I think the mind is one of the biggest obstacles in weight loss. Staying in keto will prevent all of that though imo.
    10/1/14 - Currently cutting until I reach a single digit body fat level.
    Never stop pursuing your goals and believing in your dream.

SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I thnk once ou're an adult the number of fat cells doent change anymore, whether you lose fat or gain fat. They just get bigger. that's my understanding anyawy..

Made by: Corn Fed Beef bscherer's Avatar
    bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SynchroGym View Post
    I thnk once ou're an adult the number of fat cells doent change anymore, whether you lose fat or gain fat. They just get bigger. that's my understanding anyawy..
    No, this is wrong. Our bodies definitely gain or lose fat cells. What you're thinking of is muscle cells. We do not gain or lose muscle cells, we can only increase their size.
    --There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.--
    --Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.--

devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bscherer View Post
    No, this is wrong. Our bodies definitely gain or lose fat cells. What you're thinking of is muscle cells. We do not gain or lose muscle cells, we can only increase their size.

This^^^
    USMC 04-08
    Native Texan

Texas Longhorns-Texas Rangers-Dallas Cowboys-San Antonio Spurs-Alexis Texas

PerhapsMaybe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no, once you gain fat cells they are there for life. In fact, a fat cell is never really completely empty, there are trace amounts of fat in each cell.

This is the reason that yoyo dieting and the fact that once you gain a ton of fat it is really easy to gain it back. Recent research has shown that the fat cells themselves have an effect on hormones in the manner of making you crave more food.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PerhapsMaybe View Post
    no, once you gain fat cells they are there for life. In fact, a fat cell is never really completely empty, there are trace amounts of fat in each cell.
    That is not a fact yet, just a hypothesis. There is still ongoing work to understand how/when fat cells die.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/...2/fulltext.pdf
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24