Buapo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Forearm training gadget - "Iron Arms" - is this thing any good?

I was reading a magazine, and I saw an advertisement for a strange forearm exercise machine.

Now, I don't know if this is the exact one... for some reason, I recall a name like "MaximumForce" or something like that. This one is called Iron Arms, and it's the same design.

I can't post links yet, but the official website is buyironarms dot com. And yes, the website is safe.

Now, I do own one of those wrist rollers, with the weight attached to a rope. But this works your forearms differently, and I'm wondering if anyone's tried it. Online reviews have been sorta mixed, but mainly on the positive side.

keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ...honestly, I'd probly just go with a forearm roller, and/or some fat gripz. if you really wanted to get crazy with it you could get one of these:
    http://www.monsterbars.com/
    labor vincit omnia

video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor

solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Buapo View Post
    I was reading a magazine, and I saw an advertisement for a strange forearm exercise machine.

Now, I don't know if this is the exact one... for some reason, I recall a name like "MaximumForce" or something like that. This one is called Iron Arms, and it's the same design.

I can't post links yet, but the official website is buyironarms dot com. And yes, the website is safe.

Now, I do own one of those wrist rollers, with the weight attached to a rope. But this works your forearms differently, and I'm wondering if anyone's tried it. Online reviews have been sorta mixed, but mainly on the positive side.
    I am working on a review of the "Iron Arms" product now. Check back in a week or two. FYI, I found mine at Ross discount store for $12.99.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Forearms are often neglected. Never used this product but at the price, if gets your attention, and you get results, then it's a nice addendum to the home set up. I prefer a simple reverse wrist curl with a short bar, and a roll up apparatus, and changes angles in a wrist curl with a db off an incline pad. But still if you get good feedback, the price is right.
    Terry Hill MSE Physiology/CPT/Sport Nutrionist-AFPA

"Quality of life depends on the amount of willingness in the effort!"

Thanks for the input, everyone!

That monsterbar looks kinda nice, but it's still using basic motions that I feel are well covered without it... though I may consider it.

buffbrown21 - do you have any "initial reactions" on this product? I'd really like to get my hands on one to try it, but I guess I can wait a little longer.

Like I said, this mainly grabbed my attention because it focuses on the "twisting" motion of the wrist, which I feel would be nearly impossible to train without this device. You just can't get the resistance in the right direction without some serious finagling.

keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ...there are some reviews for the iron arms gadget on amazon, and most of them are positive. if you do pick it up, it would be great if you posted a review anyway, i also wanted to suggest you try reverse curls with a barbell, using a false grip. i've found this to be a great burn on the forearms, especially the extensors...
    labor vincit omnia

video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor

solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Buapo View Post
    Thanks for the input, everyone!

That monsterbar looks kinda nice, but it's still using basic motions that I feel are well covered without it... though I may consider it.

buffbrown21 - do you have any "initial reactions" on this product? I'd really like to get my hands on one to try it, but I guess I can wait a little longer.

Like I said, this mainly grabbed my attention because it focuses on the "twisting" motion of the wrist, which I feel would be nearly impossible to train without this device. You just can't get the resistance in the right direction without some serious finagling.
    My initial reaction is that the plastic seems a big flimsy but the springs that create the resistance are strong. I, like you, like the unique motion of it and as others have said, it may be a nice finisher on "arms" day or used as a full forearm workout with other pieces of equipment/exercises.
    One flaw comes from the fact that it is not adjustable at all. As the popular saying goes, "it is what it is." So, if you get strong enough for it not to be much of a challenge, you would have to turn out a lot of reps to get anything out of it.
    Those are my initial thoughts. Again, a better review is coming within a week or two, with pictures and more detail.
    For $12.99, it was easy for me to justify the purchase, even just for the sake of making a review.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

On their website, it shows that there are three different resistance models available. So once one becomes too easy, you'd have to buy the next model up. Annoying, but at least they're not too expensive.

I just wanted to do a quick update.

I bought my own Iron Arms, and so far, I like it. It's not too flimsy for me, and it provides plenty of resistance. Due to the motion, I don't think I'd want to go too heavy on it, but they do offer higher resistance levels on their website, if you want them. For the price ($20), it's a decent little gadget that actually fills a niche purpose.

They have them at Walgreens now, if you don't want to order online... just call around first, because a bunch of them were sold out in my area.

tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sorry but i gotta be an elitist here and say the number one rule of thumbs for all weight equipment is, if they sell it in sports authority, and its something u plan n using for the long run, chances are it will break within a year. that piece is plastic, looks n feels like something a woman would use. save the 18 bucks, drill a hole in a 2 inch diameter, 18inch length piece of pvc, attach an old dog leash to it, throw on a few plates and presto, you have a wrist roller that will outlast your grandkids.

STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have one of these in my office, I bought it at CVS. I wouldnt really consider it flimsy, its pretty hard plastic I think. The resistance is plenty good enough too at least for me

chignowski is not very well liked. (-100) chignowski is not very well liked. (-100) chignowski is not very well liked. (-100) chignowski is not very well liked. (-100) chignowski is not very well liked. (-100) chignowski is not very well liked. (-100) chignowski is not very well liked. (-100) chignowski is not very well liked. (-100) chignowski is not very well liked. (-100) chignowski is not very well liked. (-100) chignowski is not very well liked. (-100)
    Tried it out at CVS, would not recommend it. The turning of the wrists is very limited.
    The spring thats inside doesn't give that true feel of resistance .

Get a bucket and by some rice...chow chow

dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dougperkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chignowski View Post
    Tried it out at CVS, would not recommend it. The turning of the wrists is very limited.
    The spring thats inside doesn't give that true feel of resistance .

Get a bucket and by some rice...chow chow
    ^ best advice. that, and a 20 lb sledge hammer + grip tape = best forearm training tool you probably already have.

RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm recommending the Sidewinder Pro to everyone for grip/forearm training now. ROM on this thing is pretty much the entirety of your wrist flexibility; it's handy and quickly adjustable (but NOT a housewife item...higher resistance levels get to be thoroughly impossible).

http://www.amazon.com/SideWinder-Pro...4445052&sr=8-2