Thread: Football

Tick3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Football

My freshman football season just ended and in order to ensure me a spot as Linebacker on Varsity I need to gain more muscle.
    As of now, I'm pretty weak, especially for my size. I'm 6'3", 200 lbs, and my max bench is 160. While my max squat is unknown, I know it is decent enough because I maxed out back in Junior High at about 300lbs when I weighed around 170.
    I'm also very slow. Which will probably change once I lose a bit of fat. But I'll need to be top conditioned as well. Anyways to the point...

I need a basic workout / dieting program to lose fat & gain muscle. I'm NOT looking to bulk or gain 300lbs of muscle, I just want results in my football skills and possibly reach my goal of 210lbs at bench.

Are there any programs out there specifically leaning towards what I'm trying to achieve? Or should I create a custom program to work on until next Football season? If so, I'm not really familiar with creating successful workout programs for myself, so I might need some aid in that. Thanks in advance.