mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000)

Symmetry issues in vastus medialis

I've been struggling to address some symmetry issues between my left and right leg vastus medialis (quad: tear drop). I am very right side dominant, and I have issues with my right side being stronger/bigger throughout my body - but nowhere as pronounced as in my quadriceps.

Any training tips on addressing this symmetry issue would be much appreciated.

This is the only photo I have illustrating the difference, and unfortunately it's a bad angle. But my left leg vastus medialis (right side of the picture) is significantly smaller

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me STRENGTH (Philippians 4:13)

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

A thankyou to BodyBuilding MythBusters:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121116421

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    unilateral leg extensions
    Who was this love of yours?

mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000) mneugeba is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    unilateral leg extensions
    In your experience, about what duration of integrating unilateral leg extensions in my routine would be required to improve a minor symmetry issue?

Only reason I ask is because I used left leg only leg extensions (both occluded and not) for about 6 weeks and I didn't see any visible change. But I was still doing standard back squats the whole time...

In fact come to think about it - my right side dominance has mildly hampered my squat form. I occasionally come up with an unconscious tilt to the right. I'm sure that's the cause of the problem. Would you advise a break from squats while trying to bring up the left side using leg extensions?
    For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me STRENGTH (Philippians 4:13)

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

A thankyou to BodyBuilding MythBusters:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121116421

grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Unilateral movements in general as well. Unilateral leg presses, split squats, lunges, etc. Just start with the weak leg first and only do the same amount of reps for the strong leg as you did for the weak leg.
    GOMAD!

Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I had the same issue. If you are curious, take a gander into my progress pics section. I made several changes into my leg routine and saw the left finally catch up. The changes I think contributed the most to this specific issue was eliminating isolation exercises in favor of hard hitting compound movements to get the most bang for my buck, and also just plain old time and consistency.

My once-per-week leg routine evolved into a very simple but brutal one. 4 sets of squat (exclu. warm up), 3 sets front squats OR leg press, 4 sets of walking lunges, 4 sets of SLDL. Done. I trained calves on my shoulder day.
    Use the tools of the trade to help you. I use devices such as chalk for grip strength, gloves, wrist straps, lifting belts - if it helps you lift more, it's all good. - Ronnie Coleman, Hardcore, 2007 Triumph Books

Biggest question in bodybuilding: Whaddaya bench? As I've said before, it doesn't matter how much you bench; it matters how much you [i]look[/i] like you bench... There's no round on stage that's the benchpress round. - Bob Chicherillo, World Class Physique, CMG