Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000)

Doesn't matter how much you eat - matters only what you eat.

Guys, so I have a fella who is into nutrition science and stuff. He agrees that Keto works etc. But in my understanding Keto is just an instrument to consume less calories.

But what he says is that Insulin and hormones is a king of everything, so if you eath tons of meat daily you won't get fat because it will not trigger insulin etc. When I asked what will happed with all those excess energy from food he said that it will be utilized in WC.

His main idea is that calories theory is all wrong and calories matter, only carbs and insulin matters.

Can you give some science based material to prove him wrong or educate myself.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Insulin myth busting 101:

https://weightology.net/insulin-an-u...ad-reputation/

Cliff notes:
    - insulin doesn't make you fat unless you eat too many calories
    - you can get fat without insulin - dietary fat is stored directly without it

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Mak1n View Post
    Guys, so I have a fella who is into nutrition science and stuff. He agrees that Keto works etc. But in my understanding Keto is just an instrument to consume less calories.

But what he says is that Insulin and hormones is a king of everything, so if you eath tons of meat daily you won't get fat because it will not trigger insulin etc. When I asked what will happed with all those excess energy from food he said that it will be utilized in WC.

His main idea is that calories theory is all wrong and calories matter, only carbs and insulin matters.

A couple of things, opie:

*Where do people come up with this moronic stuff?

*Protein consumption also triggers insulin response.

*If my TDEE is, say, 2800 calories a day, and I eat "tons of meat" every day to total, say 5000 calories, it shouldn't require "science based material" to see I'm going to get as fat as Jabba The Hut before too long.

*Your "fella"= common sense not even once.

ETA:

This forum, above most other forums on this site excluding the misc, is fraught with incorrect information, poor advice from posters more clueless than those seeking advice, myths, misinformation, spammers selling stupid "fat loss" schemes and pills, and general nonsense.

This "doesn't matter how much you eat" bull**** isn't helping matters.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 12-11-2018 at 07:46 AM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds like your friend is an idiot. Sorry bro

FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Op's friend studying "science and stuff"

GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    A couple of things, opie:

*Where do people come up with this moronic stuff?

*Protein consumption also triggers insulin response.

*If my TDEE is, say, 2800 calories a day, and I eat "tons of meat" every day to total, say 5000 calories, it shouldn't require "science based material" to see I'm going to get as fat as Jabba The Hut before too long.

*Your "fella"= common sense not even once.

ETA:

This forum, above most other forums on this site excluding the misc, is fraught with incorrect information, poor advice from posters more clueless than those seeking advice, myths, misinformation, spammers selling stupid "fat loss" schemes and pills, and general nonsense.

This "doesn't matter how much you eat" bull**** isn't helping matters.
    This^^ and ripped for keeping it to tha point.

Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    in on worst thread of 2018

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    His main idea is that calories theory is all wrong
    When someone says that everyone else is wrong, the burden of proof is on them...your friend is an idiot.

Now back to why I came in this thread in the first place...let the memes commence.
    Experience, not just theory

StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Now back to why I came in this thread in the first place...let the memes commence.
    Your wish is my command....

LuckyAH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyAH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyAH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyAH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyAH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyAH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyAH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyAH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyAH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyAH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyAH has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Protein consumption will cause a release of insulin. Also, considering the satiating effect of protein, maybe he eats as much meat as he could but doesn't put on fat because he remains below his TDEE. In any case, it's about calories in vs calories out. Anyone trying to refute that is a crackpot.

Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    MUH carbohydrates
    MUH keto
    MUH paleo
    MUH metabolism
    MUH insulin
    MUH genetics
    MUH whole grains
    MUH thyroid gland
    MUH starvation mode
    MUH red meat
    MUH processed foods
    MUH food additives
    MUH meal timing
    MUH meal frequency
    MUH reverse dieting
    MUH refeeds
    MUH cheat meals
    MUH intermittent fasting
    MUH high intensity interval training
    MUH clean eating
    MUH vitamins
    MUH lemon water in the morning
    MUH herbal weight loss tea
    MUH fat burner supplements
    MUH fat burning workout
    MUH $ 50 a month custom meal plan
    Last edited by Dorich; 12-12-2018 at 12:24 PM.

maroonls1z is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am a doctor and I regularly write nutrition for patients. First thing you do is calculate BEE(basil energy expenditure) saying calories do not matter is very stupid and surprisingly this isnt the first time ive heard it. Usually from people that say “calories dont matter as long as you hit your macros” because they are idiots and dont realize a macronutrient has a specific amount of calories