testament87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What is an acceptable body fat percentage while bulking?

Okay so i have been bulking since august and I currently am 5' 9" weighing 173 lbs with a naval method body fat percentage of 15.6% this is my first time really bulking and i want some opinions on whether this a good body fat percentage to have while bulking im trying to build up my muscle mass and ive been trying to gain between 1 to 1.5 lbs pee week my body measurements are 40 cm on the neck, 83.5 cm on the waist, and 93.5 cm on the hips (to reiterate, body fat percentage is based on naval method) what do you guys think?

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    BF% can be misleading. People carry fat in different areas. You can be skinny fat at 15 and need to add muscle or you can be 15 with an overall fat layer and shouldn't add any more to it. Best to let the mirror be the judge
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by testament87 View Post
    Okay so i have been bulking since august and I currently am 5' 9" weighing 173 lbs with a naval method body fat percentage of 15.6% this is my first time really bulking and i want some opinions on whether this a good body fat percentage to have while bulking im trying to build up my muscle mass and ive been trying to gain between 1 to 1.5 lbs pee week my body measurements are 40 cm on the neck, 83.5 cm on the waist, and 93.5 cm on the hips (to reiterate, body fat percentage is based on naval method) what do you guys think?
    How much fat to allow yourself to add while building muscle is a personal decision.

Keep in mind that it must be tempered by the fact that above 15-17% or so, definition will be lost and the trainee will start to look sloppy. Conversely, trying to keep fat gain too close to the vest (i.e., "recomping") may cause the trainee to make little-to-no gain in muscle mass.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    BF% can be misleading. People carry fat in different areas. You can be skinny fat at 15 and need to add muscle or you can be 15 with an overall fat layer and shouldn't add any more to it. Best to let the mirror be the judge
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    How much fat to allow yourself to add while building muscle is a personal decision.

Keep in mind that it must be tempered by the fact that above 15-17% or so, definition will be lost and the trainee will start to look sloppy. Conversely, trying to keep fat gain too close to the vest (i.e., "recomping") may cause the trainee to make little-to-no gain in muscle mass.
    These right here. Also remember that the higher bodyfat you go when bulking, the more energy and time you have to expend when cutting.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    These right here. Also remember that the higher bodyfat you go when bulking, the more energy and time you have to expend when cutting.
    Yep cutting time is Non muscle building time and should be kept as short as possible.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB