Closed Thread
Page 97 of 148 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 4423
    PrototypeGQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @ phoenixr2 (& iDrive for the confirmation)

Thanks friends! ~ You mean Mom and Dad were right the whole time?!

Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hey im looking to lose some more weight, I've been doing it completley wrong. I've lost 26 lbs strictly cardio but im messing my body up. Im doing cardio twice a day and my heart doc told me my heart was skipping beats because im going HAM lol (too hard). So I really don't wanna follow this path and would like to lift instead.. 1 question

I love the work out plan and work outs listed and feel I can do them all by myself. I have nobody to spot for me and theres really only 1 work out that i need a spotter aka the bench press. I was also looking @ ALLPRO begginer guide and was considering doing that but it seems like it would be harder for me to do without anyone around + a lot of back strain from his work outs and I don't like the whole "every workout with a barbell" I like curling with a regular dumbells.. But idk would this work out be less effective compared to allpro's if so how much really do u think it would be less effective? Im looking to lose 40 more lbs until getting serious about lifting hard. And im gonn be doing lean gains ith this too if that matters.
    Last edited by Rboogy; 11-30-2012 at 06:49 AM.

crunchnflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchnflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by iDrive View Post
    This.
    Agreed!

Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Rboogy View Post
    hey im looking to lose some more weight, I've been doing it completley wrong. I've lost 26 lbs strictly cardio but im messing my body up. Im doing cardio twice a day and my heart doc told me my heart was skipping beats because im going HAM lol (too hard). So I really don't wanna follow this path and would like to lift instead.. 1 question

I love the work out plan and work outs listed and feel I can do them all by myself. I have nobody to spot for me and theres really only 1 work out that i need a spotter aka the bench press. I was also looking @ ALLPRO begginer guide and was considering doing that but it seems like it would be harder for me to do without anyone around + a lot of back strain from his work outs and I don't like the whole "every workout with a barbell" I like curling with a regular dumbells.. But idk would this work out be less effective compared to allpro's if so how much really do u think it would be less effective? Im looking to lose 40 more lbs until getting serious about lifting hard. And im gonn be doing lean gains ith this too if that matters.
    All Pro's routine is very forgiving while on a cut diet. I completed 6 cycles while eating at a deficit without any spotter at all. I invested in a power rack for my home gym. Best 300 dollars I ever spent. These three rules, AP's routine, and my power rack and iron = WIN WIN. Totally has changed my life.

11 months of following the basic three rules = the pic below...

Weighed - 281 lbs on 1/1/2012

▪█───────█▪ 6 Weeks to Shred ▪█───────█▪

6-8: 230.4 | 6-15: xxx.x | 6-22: xxx.x | 6-29: xxx.x | | Month Total: x.x lbs
    7-6: xxx.x | 7-13: xxx.x | 7-20: xxx.x || Month Total: 0.0 lbs
    Final Total: xxx.x lbs

~NitrogenWidget's One Year in the Green Crew - Feb 2012-Feb 2013~ = 76 lbs lost

~Army Veteran Crew~

tinker0608 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is an amazing transformation. Quick question skullster. How many times did you have to adjust your calorie intake while cutting to keep the weight loss at a fairly steady pace?

Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tinker0608 View Post
    This is an amazing transformation. Quick question skullster. How many times did you have to adjust your calorie intake while cutting to keep the weight loss at a fairly steady pace?
    Thanks tinker. Still chasing abs before I consider it a real transformation just yet.

So far only once. I started at about 1900-1950 calories average per day. That got me from 281 to the 215-220 range. Things started to slow down so I dropped to 1800-1850 a day average and that's what I currently shoot for daily. There have been a couple of days where I don't feel hungry and skip a normal meal and end up with 1500-1600 per day. Happened only in the last couple of weeks maybe twice a week average and the weight feels like it has been flying off this past month.
    Weighed - 281 lbs on 1/1/2012

▪█───────█▪ 6 Weeks to Shred ▪█───────█▪

6-8: 230.4 | 6-15: xxx.x | 6-22: xxx.x | 6-29: xxx.x | | Month Total: x.x lbs
    7-6: xxx.x | 7-13: xxx.x | 7-20: xxx.x || Month Total: 0.0 lbs
    Final Total: xxx.x lbs

~NitrogenWidget's One Year in the Green Crew - Feb 2012-Feb 2013~ = 76 lbs lost

~Army Veteran Crew~

Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Skullster View Post
    All Pro's routine is very forgiving while on a cut diet. I completed 6 cycles while eating at a deficit without any spotter at all. I invested in a power rack for my home gym. Best 300 dollars I ever spent. These three rules, AP's routine, and my power rack and iron = WIN WIN. Totally has changed my life.

11 months of following the basic three rules = the pic below...

"clap" sir you look amazing. No offense to you, but that transformation is amazing for a 20 yr old in that period of time, but at your age that's phenomenal. Nice job really. You probably added easily years on your life.. thanks for your advice about the all pro but i think im gonna try this regimen out for a few weeks and see where it goes.

Cancer In California badassidtrip's Avatar
    badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000)
    A bodybuilder friend of mine insists that eating a half chicken from Boston Market should not count towards my protein goal, because my body won't process that much protein (84g) at once. All I could think was, "space your protein out wasn't in the three rules."

So I told him I would ask. Is there a point where consuming protein is pointless if I have too much at once?

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by badassidtrip View Post
    A bodybuilder friend of mine insists that eating a half chicken from Boston Market should not count towards my protein goal, because my body won't process that much protein (84g) at once. All I could think was, "space your protein out wasn't in the three rules."

So I told him I would ask. Is there a point where consuming protein is pointless if I have too much at once?
    He is wrong. There is no such thing as limits to the amount of protein your body can process at once.

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Ask him:
    A) How much protein can your body process in a day? Hour? Half-Hour? Minute? (please cite sources)
    B) If you can only process, for example, 30g of protein per hour what happens to the excess protein?
    Is it turned directly into waste and not absorbed by the body? (no)
    Is it converted and stored as fat? (no)
    Does the timer start when you consume the protein or when the last of the 30g's is digested? aka if I eat 30g of protein at 1pm and my body digest 30g at 1:22pm am I not able to absorb more protein until 2:22?

...see where I'm going with this? (see below)

Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
    He is wrong. There is no such thing as limits to the amount of protein your body can process at once.
    Short answer. This.
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

Cancer In California badassidtrip's Avatar
    badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000)
    iDrive, your counter-argument is basically what I was thinking. But I'm still relatively new to nutrition, and I've been wrong before about things that I thought was obvious. Thanks to both of you for the reply.

iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    iDrive, your counter-argument is basically what I was thinking. But I'm still relatively new to nutrition, and I've been wrong before about things that I thought was obvious. Thanks to both of you for the reply.
    Your thought process was definitely valid.
    Most people just take what's told to them as truth and never really question why which is how we get so much mis-information.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

jaimarec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much muscle for abs to peek through?? Fat loss?

Hi everybody so I weigh 190lbs and have obsessively been following a caloric deficit while eating my bodyweight in protein grams (190grams), however, I don't see muscle tone. I feel muscle. I have a semi-muscular physique but I no matter what I do I can't see abs. My tiny glob belly persists.

My only suspicion is that I still don't have enough muscle underneath the fat. What do you guys think about this? It's like baby fat in odd places that won't go away.

Please don't lecture me with a bunch of stuff I've heard from the countless qualified people I've dealt with. I just want someone to address this notion of a necessity for a certain amount of lean muscle mass on my frame in order to see ab definition or even to just get down to 10% bodyfat? Is it true? Am I way off? Should this not be the case?

What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by jaimarec View Post
    Hi everybody so I weigh 190lbs and have obsessively been following a caloric deficit while eating my bodyweight in protein grams (190grams), however, I don't see muscle tone. I feel muscle. I have a semi-muscular physique but I no matter what I do I can't see abs. My tiny glob belly persists.
    Wait. Wut?

You have a semi-muscular physique but you can't see muscle tone?
    You have a semi-muscular physique and you're expecting to see abs?

Just curious as to what you're trying to say here.

My only suspicion is that I still don't have enough muscle underneath the fat.
    Or you have too much fat over the muscle.
    Not sure which one but based on the fact you think you have a semi-muscular physique I'm guessing it's the latter.

I just want someone to address this notion of a necessity for a certain amount of lean muscle mass on my frame in order to see ab definition
    You need so much muscle it shows through the fat
    or
    You need so little fat the skin has nothing to sit on except muscle
    or some combination of the two

or even to just get down to 10% bodyfat? Is it true? Am I way off? Should this not be the case?
    Most guys will see abs between 8-12% most guys won't see abs above that.
    You don't start there.

Petes0281 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the tips.

mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think eating food that improves insulin sensitivity is good advice too, like healthy fats.

jaimarec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

iDrive response

Originally Posted by mootonandy View Post
    I think eating food that improves insulin sensitivity is good advice too, like healthy fats.
    Originally Posted by iDrive View Post
    Wait. Wut?

You have a semi-muscular physique but you can't see muscle tone?
    You have a semi-muscular physique and you're expecting to see abs?

Just curious as to what you're trying to say here.

Or you have too much fat over the muscle.
    Not sure which one but based on the fact you think you have a semi-muscular physique I'm guessing it's the latter.

You need so much muscle it shows through the fat
    or
    You need so little fat the skin has nothing to sit on except muscle
    or some combination of the two

Most guys will see abs between 8-12% most guys won't see abs above that.

I have a semi-muscular physique under a curtain of fat. I see muscular tone everywhere except on my belly. Right now, I believe that creating a caloric deficit while maintaining a high protein intake will cut enough of the remaining fat off to reveal ab definitiion.

My question was exactly what you began alluding to: "You need so much muscle it shows through the fat or You need so little fat the skin has nothing to sit on except muscle or some combination of the two" Can you address both of those?

The more specific question is does my body require a certain amount of lean muscle mass in order for my body to be capable of burning the required amount of fat to start seeing ab definition? In other words, before creating a deficit in order to burn fat, do I first need to build up to a certain level of lean muscle mass?

Originally Posted by jaimarec View Post
    The more specific question is does my body require a certain amount of lean muscle mass in order for my body to be capable of burning the required amount of fat to start seeing ab definition?
    No, there are extremely skinny people with abs.

In other words, before creating a deficit in order to burn fat, do I first need to build up to a certain level of lean muscle mass?

No, it depends partly on muscle size, partly on genetics, and partly on BF%.

You're thinking too much about it, it's very simple... you either see your abs or you don't.

If you don't, then diet until you do see abs. Stomach is the very last place to go.
    You don't start there.

NastyNigerian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help.

I'm 5'6 and 180 lbs. I eat my body weight jn protein everyday. I suspect I'm 12% to 14% body fat. My question is, can I cut at 1300 calories daily?

Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NastyNigerian View Post
    I'm 5'6 and 180 lbs. I eat my body weight jn protein everyday. I suspect I'm 12% to 14% body fat. My question is, can I cut at 1300 calories daily?
    That's not very many calories. I'd go at least 1700 and go down from there if you don't see any change after a few weeks.
    He who is saved, is the one who saves himself.

mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mootonandy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NastyNigerian View Post
    You eat 180 lbs of protein a day?

Originally Posted by mootonandy View Post
    You eat 180 lbs of protein a day?
    Ha! No, grams.

Originally Posted by Joecool5150 View Post
    That's not very many calories. I'd go at least 1700 and go down from there if you don't see any change after a few weeks.
    Ok. Thanks.

Snibbles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey everyone, just read this thread and theres lots of great info in here, i'm currently looking to lose some body fat without losing to much muscle. i train 5 days a week and have been training heavy again for about 6 weeks, ive had some good gains BUT ive put on more of a belly aswell, i always struggle to lose fat so im going to stick to these 3 simple rules....but do you think it matters if i train 5 days a week rather than 2?

Originally Posted by Snibbles View Post
    do you think it matters if i train 5 days a week rather than 2?
    Nope
    You don't start there.

Location: wakefield, west yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    does the eat 1g/lb of protein still apply if you weigh 300lb

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by StormerJack View Post
    does the eat 1g/lb of protein still apply if you weigh 300lb
    It is not 1g/lb. It is 1g/Lean Body Mass.

Q: How do I determine my lean body mass for calculating my protein intake?
    A: You have to take your total body weight and subtract your fat weight. If you e.g. weigh 200lbs and your bodyfat is 20% (=40lbs), your lean body mass is 200lbs - 40lbs = 160lbs. If you don't know your bodyfat, just take a guess. When in doubt, just eat a little more. However, if for some reason, you can't eat as much protein, just eat a little less, most people will still do fine.

Location: wakefield, west yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the reply

Hmm.

The hell? According to the login box on the right im not currently logged in. Weird.

SingBig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SingBig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SingBig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SingBig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SingBig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SingBig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SingBig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SingBig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I lost alot of fat through light weightlifting (20-30 reps) 3 times a week for 6 months. But I found it gave better result when I also changed some crapfood to more fruit and wegetables, and alot of water. I count my calories burned with softbox training diary and try to stay focused on fruit and wegetables, that is, I have cut down alot of fat and protein. I guess I eat almost three times as much of fruit and wegetables today, compared to 6 months ago. I have dropped from 255 pounds to 195 =) I will deffinitely continue with this focus on fruit, wegetables, count calories burned, and alot of water. Soon it's time for me to increase the weights a little I am lifting (15 reps). This have changed my life. I realise that I actually love to exercise. I have moved from my sofa to the gym.

Closed Thread