Closed Thread
Page 86 of 148 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 4423
    tartaglia1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Has any one noticed any benefits when consuming 1g protein / lb lean body mass? I find I'm waking up a few minutes before my alarm is set in the morning. I'm also down to one extra small coffee, and I'm starting to think that might just be the habit, not the need for caffein.

Thoughts on this?

gruy123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great information. Everyone one follow this topics.

runelynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runelynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tartaglia1987 View Post
    Has any one noticed any benefits when consuming 1g protein / lb lean body mass? I find I'm waking up a few minutes before my alarm is set in the morning. I'm also down to one extra small coffee, and I'm starting to think that might just be the habit, not the need for caffein.

Thoughts on this?
    I think the only thing the protein blast does for me is gives me stomach issues Issues I can overlook given my goals during fat loss...

tartaglia1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by runelynx View Post
    I think the only thing the protein blast does for me is gives me stomach issues Issues I can overlook given my goals during fat loss...
    Have you tried using an isolate?

joeylee56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeylee56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeylee56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeylee56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeylee56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeylee56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeylee56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeylee56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeylee56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeylee56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeylee56 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    makes complete sense now!!

jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Complete "noob" here. I'm currently sitting at 188.5lbs at 5'10". I estimate that I'm at 20-25% body fat. I was at 255, and probably upper 30% about a year and a half ago. I got down this far just exercising, and trying to guess what I should be doing calorie-wise. I was hoping someone that could take a better estimated guess that I can in regards to what I should set my daily calories to. I was thinking 2200 a day. I serve food, so I mobile my entire work week, and I do HIIT training 3-4 days a week. I do light lifting 2-3 times a week with the cardio. I'm still losing weight, but I want to follow more structure than I currently have. It took me a year and a half to get to this point because I completely stopped for about 6-7 months when I hit 205, and I don't want to stop again.

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jeremyisfat View Post
    Complete "noob" here. I'm currently sitting at 188.5lbs at 5'10". I estimate that I'm at 20-25% body fat. I was at 255, and probably upper 30% about a year and a half ago. I got down this far just exercising, and trying to guess what I should be doing calorie-wise. I was hoping someone that could take a better estimated guess that I can in regards to what I should set my daily calories to. I was thinking 2200 a day. I serve food, so I mobile my entire work week, and I do HIIT training 3-4 days a week. I do light lifting 2-3 times a week with the cardio. I'm still losing weight, but I want to follow more structure than I currently have. It took me a year and a half to get to this point because I completely stopped for about 6-7 months when I hit 205, and I don't want to stop again.
    255lbs to 188lbs in a year ~70lbs or ~5lbs/mo or ~1.3lbs/week I think is pretty good all things considered. I say if it ain't broke...

If you want more structure write out a meal plan and stick to that since you seem to have the activity part under control.
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by iDrive View Post
    255lbs to 188lbs in a year ~70lbs or ~5lbs/mo or ~1.3lbs/week I think is pretty good all things considered. I say if it ain't broke...

If you want more structure write out a meal plan and stick to that since you seem to have the activity part under control.
    I am being picky, I know, haha. I'm trying to get a meal plan done now. I've never seen the one protein per lean muscle strategy before, so that's what I'm trying to incorporate. I do the shake after my workout, but I'm still way below what is suggested here. I've lost 20 pounds in the past 3 months, and I certainly feel better. Like everyone else I'm sure, I just wish it was going faster. I thought by 188, I'd be almost done. Just have to keep on trucking. Thanks for all the great advice in here.

Redglare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did this a while back and lost some weight, but fell off the Wagon and put back on the 10 pounds I'd lost.
    I started again last week, and lost 4 pound in my first week. I feel fantastic and really have the cutting bug.

My current stats are:
    Height: 6 foot.
    Weight: 191 pounds
    Bodyfat: Believe I'm in the high teens, possibly 20.

Currently eating 2000 calories a day, and haven't cheated or gone over at all yet. I'll see how I do on my weigh in day next week, and adjust if necessary.

I still find it strange to be able to eat certain things, but it's working a treat.

Ive previously cut using the palumbo diet, and even though I lost 20 pounds a lot of that was muscle. This is far more agreeable and helpful to my aims.

Redglare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am being picky, I know, haha. I'm trying to get a meal plan done now. I've never seen the one protein per lean muscle strategy before, so that's what I'm trying to incorporate. I do the shake after my workout, but I'm still way below what is suggested here. I've lost 20 pounds in the past 3 months, and I certainly feel better. Like everyone else I'm sure, I just wish it was going faster. I thought by 188, I'd be almost done. Just have to keep on trucking. Thanks for all the great advice in here.
    The thing is if you lose too fast your muscle will go with it. As I mentioned in my last post I previously did the Palumbo cutting diet which shredded the weight, but I lost a lot of muscle and strength.

Keep at it, it might take a bit longer but you'll look and feel better for it!

runelynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runelynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tartaglia1987 View Post
    Have you tried using an isolate?
    Not really aware of what that is, though reading a bit now on Wiki. I switch between Dymatize Whey Protein Smooth Banana / Rich Chocolate flavors, usually 1 or 2 shakes per day. (i.e. ~85% of my protein comes from real food, for anyone about to "OMG PROTEIN FROM SHAKES" on me)

Otherwise eggs, cottage cheese, chicken breast, ground beef, beef steaks, trying salmon soon

Originally Posted by Redglare View Post
    The thing is if you lose too fast your muscle will go with it. As I mentioned in my last post I previously did the Palumbo cutting diet which shredded the weight, but I lost a lot of muscle and strength.

Keep at it, it might take a bit longer but you'll look and feel better for it!
    That's what I have to keep telling myself. I'm just not carrying this 187(down a pound, ) how I envisioned. I've read some of Leigh's blogs on her website, though. People usually underestimate what number they're going to be happy with, and I certainly did that, haha.

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's what I have to keep telling myself. I'm just not carrying this 187(down a pound, ) how I envisioned. I've read some of Leigh's blogs on her website, though. People usually underestimate what number they're going to be happy with, and I certainly did that, haha.
    this is one reason its good to set multiple goals. easy to tell yourself you will be happy when you reach xxx weight and when you get there you arent what you thought you would be and you get that "what now"feeling. Keeping lifting heavy and nutrition on track youll get there
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

Originally Posted by runelynx View Post
    Not really aware of what that is, though reading a bit now on Wiki. I switch between Dymatize Whey Protein Smooth Banana / Rich Chocolate flavors, usually 1 or 2 shakes per day. (i.e. ~85% of my protein comes from real food, for anyone about to "OMG PROTEIN FROM SHAKES" on me)

Otherwise eggs, cottage cheese, chicken breast, ground beef, beef steaks, trying salmon soon
    Mmm nevermind, both protein powders are "isolates" - so yes

shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shaselai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am currently trying to lose a lot of weight. I am following the Keto (medifast) diet and it has been ok thus far. I am curious if I should prioritize on working out on weights as suggested here or do cardio or both? I would assume losing the pounds will shed fat by default but I would love to lose the belly fat...

Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
    I am currently trying to lose a lot of weight. I am following the Keto (medifast) diet and it has been ok thus far. I am curious if I should prioritize on working out on weights as suggested here or do cardio or both? I would assume losing the pounds will shed fat by default but I would love to lose the belly fat...
    Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that belly fat is going to be the last thing to go. All you can do is keep going. Do what is suggested in this thread, and keep going. It'll eventually happen.

Tix2x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tix2x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tix2x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tix2x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tix2x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tix2x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tix2x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tix2x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tix2x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tix2x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tix2x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would concentrate more on weight training and lifting heavy. Then again Im not the biggest cardio fan in the world

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You cannot spot lose fat. Period. End of discussion.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that belly fat is going to be the last thing to go. All you can do is keep going. Do what is suggested in this thread, and keep going. It'll eventually happen.
    Originally Posted by Tix2x View Post
    I would concentrate more on weight training and lifting heavy. Then again Im not the biggest cardio fan in the world
    These.

In addition, do cardio if it makes you warm and fuzzy inside.
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

The weight lifting helps retain and to a lesser extent build muscle mass. For weight loss it's calories in, calories out... stack up weight lifting and cardio to your preference level. If your goal is to lose weight I think it's silly to say focus here or focus there... just burn calories in whatever way makes you happy!

salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First time posting here but have been really remotivated lately. Been trying to keep up at the gym 5-6 times a week after work and making around 3 miles maybe a bit more a day jogging an hour on the treadmill. Doing arms on Mon and Thurs and Legs on Tues and Fri. Been lurking here a while reading up and just even though I am only down a couple pounds so far from where I started I feel a lot better and have been forcing my diet to be right and taking some protein shakes after the workout.

Just wanted to post in here and thank all those who post the good info on here and cannot wait to drop all this fat.
    Trying to get back to my old self PLUS improve it.

Getting back onto this train and not getting derailed again!
    1-2-2012: 290 |

Pharshballa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pharshballa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pharshballa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pharshballa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pharshballa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pharshballa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pharshballa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pharshballa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pharshballa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pharshballa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pharshballa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Curious about what people think of this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505269_1...created-equal/ (Study: Not all calories are created equal)

Released today.

zSeNsAtIoNaLz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zSeNsAtIoNaLz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zSeNsAtIoNaLz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zSeNsAtIoNaLz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zSeNsAtIoNaLz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zSeNsAtIoNaLz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zSeNsAtIoNaLz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zSeNsAtIoNaLz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zSeNsAtIoNaLz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zSeNsAtIoNaLz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zSeNsAtIoNaLz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Pharshballa View Post

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505269_1...created-equal/ (Study: Not all calories are created equal)

Released today.
    How do they come to the conclusion its about quality when a diet with adequte protein isn't even mentioned and it doesn't even say what they ate lmao
    R.I.P Aziz 'Zyzz' Sergeyevich Shavershian

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Pharshballa View Post

Released today.
    Yep thats about the quality and lack of evidence backed articles I expect from the news anymore.
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

Originally Posted by phoenixr2 View Post
    Yep thats about the quality and lack of evidence backed articles I expect from the news anymore.
    Actually there's an entire video series from the University of California on youtube that gives a similar message "calories are not created equal"... but the primary focus is on the detrimental health (and obese-ifying) effects of added sugars.

Search youtube for "The Skinny on Obesity (Ep. 1): An Epidemic for Every Body"

HarryLockhart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarryLockhart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarryLockhart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarryLockhart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarryLockhart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarryLockhart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarryLockhart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarryLockhart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarryLockhart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarryLockhart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarryLockhart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by salmonman78 View Post
    First time posting here but have been really remotivated lately. Been trying to keep up at the gym 5-6 times a week after work and making around 3 miles maybe a bit more a day jogging an hour on the treadmill. Doing arms on Mon and Thurs and Legs on Tues and Fri. Been lurking here a while reading up and just even though I am only down a couple pounds so far from where I started I feel a lot better and have been forcing my diet to be right and taking some protein shakes after the workout.

Just wanted to post in here and thank all those who post the good info on here and cannot wait to drop all this fat.
    Congrats man! I finally just got the nerve up to post myself today. Been lurking and learning from these guys for 6 weeks and have dropped 6 pounds. Keep it up my man, and thanks everyone for the help.

ayoliang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ayoliang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ayoliang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ayoliang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ayoliang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ayoliang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ayoliang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ayoliang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ayoliang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ayoliang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ayoliang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thank you!

Matkunde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so yesterday was kinda a bad day for me i went and got a a fat test thinking it was gonna be around 11-12% nope 14% now a little background i have lost 115 pounds in the last year and my goal stop # is not a weight but a Fat % and the magic number is 9-10% and this last 10 lbs is imposible to come off its literally killing me im doing 1200cal of cardio along with 45-60 min of weights 4 days a week on 1800-2200 cal of food and im really loosing my motivation this last ten lbs hasnt budged for 3 months HELP please

Argaio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Argaio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Argaio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Argaio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Argaio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Argaio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Argaio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Argaio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Argaio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Argaio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Argaio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good read. Thanks.

AmandaTT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Matkunde View Post
    so yesterday was kinda a bad day for me i went and got a a fat test thinking it was gonna be around 11-12% nope 14% now a little background i have lost 115 pounds in the last year and my goal stop # is not a weight but a Fat % and the magic number is 9-10% and this last 10 lbs is imposible to come off its literally killing me im doing 1200cal of cardio along with 45-60 min of weights 4 days a week on 1800-2200 cal of food and im really loosing my motivation this last ten lbs hasnt budged for 3 months HELP please
    What kind of diet are you following?
    My story
    http://dietplansforwomentoloseweightreview.org

qudoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Apart from getting your diet right, all of those factors are "unessential".

Closed Thread