Closed Thread
Page 78 of 148 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 4423
    thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by powerguy2012 View Post
    Guyz i really need yur help regarding the 3 main rules..as im a still newbie..

the weight training is all good for me and the kcalorie thing also..

about the daily protien intake..can someone plz tell me how much i need daily as im bad in calculating..

i weight 69 Kgs and my height is 169 cm..

how much should i have daily protien intake?

and also advice me about my diet if i have eggs in the morning and chicken in lunch with some fruits and fish in the evening..

and i take a whei protien shake post my workouts only lets say around 30-40 gm...

will i be following this wonderfull guide correctly?

sorry for the noobie questions and thx for helping in advance
    Your diet will be fine as long as you are eating at the right deficit + meeting your protein requirements.

To work our your protein requirements you need to work out your body fat % & subtract it from your weight to get your lean mass. I THINK! I'm also a noob and this is all a big learning curve for me!!

Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by thatcatlady View Post
    Thank you for this, makes total sense! I think the idea of doing a more 'comprehensive' workout - especially if only going to the gym three times per week - is much more appealing to me. I'll have a look at the programmes you mentioned.

Also – when did you start to notice differences? I’m not hung up on the % at all, I just care about what I look like in the mirror!! I guess cos I’m already relatively small it shouldn’t take too long…or does the reverse happen and mean the smaller you are the longer it takes to budge?!
    No problem. As far as noticing the differences, I saw weight drop on the scale after the first week. Keep in mind I have a lot of fat to get rid of but in 3 months I have dropped 7% body fat and taken 6.3 inches off my waist line. I still do not look "muscular" and that is because I am still at 30% BF. I can tell you I am stronger than when I started and feel feel much better for going down this road as a Lifestyle change. There is no going back this time around.

I strongly suggest you get a measuring tape. Go to the My BodySpace section of the website and record all your measurements. There are videos there to help you do it properly. You can upload photos if you wish as well. Sometimes we don't see the difference in the mirror but a photo about a month apart will help you to see that you did change. We are all different and will show our progress differently. The one thing we all share is if we work at the 3 rules we will lose weight. Success is GUARANTEED!

By the way there are several women who are using All Pro's Beginning Routine and comment in the thread.
    Weighed - 281 lbs on 1/1/2012

▪█───────█▪ 6 Weeks to Shred ▪█───────█▪

6-8: 230.4 | 6-15: xxx.x | 6-22: xxx.x | 6-29: xxx.x | | Month Total: x.x lbs
    7-6: xxx.x | 7-13: xxx.x | 7-20: xxx.x || Month Total: 0.0 lbs
    Final Total: xxx.x lbs

~NitrogenWidget's One Year in the Green Crew - Feb 2012-Feb 2013~ = 76 lbs lost

~Army Veteran Crew~

thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thanks, I have taken some progress pictures today but I'll be sure to dig the tape out and record measurements too.

devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wave_length View Post
    You only have to follow three simple rules:

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
    - Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.
    First of all, I'd like to thank you wave_length everyone who contributed to this thread.

I've been working out for the past 10 years or so and this thread has hightlighted some possible misconceptions I had. Some of the stuff I have heard over the years from PT's and sites had me confused. I've clean bulked for approx 8 years, and then I did my first cut. It was successful but a lot more complicated that the rules laid out here - simplification is great.

The rules have been artibrarily set to a daily schedule. They infer that I could eat one large meal a day to achieve the calorie and protein goals.
    I completely understand how the rules work to lose weight (in fact only rule 3 is necessary for this); but I'm skeptical about muscle retention vs. fat loss.

1. Will eating only one large meal daily not cause catabolicism in my muscle?
    2. Could these rules be extended to 2 days, 3days..? I'm wondering where the cut-off point is for the introduction of catabolicism.
    3. Do the rules imply that if I did my cardio on an empty stomach, I wouldn't risk muscle depletion?
    4. Am I being too paranoid - is muscle vs. fat loss from the calorie deficit nothing to worry about once I get the protein requirements in at least once a day?

dagame04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dagame04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dagame04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dagame04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dagame04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dagame04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dagame04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dagame04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dagame04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dagame04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dagame04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is a really good read. Helps me out alot

KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    12 weeks in. I've lost 28 pounds so far. Last week I had a super burrito, nine pieces of See's candy, four mini muffins and have a bundt cake and still lost 3 lbs. I love this lifestyle change...

hopefully this Sunday I get out of the 300lbs club and get into the high 200s club...
    "It's never too late to become what you might have been." -George Elliot

" Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. " - Arnold

Two things I remind myself of and use my previous attempts at weightloss and the failure of those attempts as motivation.

TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by KINGC8R View Post
    12 weeks in. I've lost 28 pounds so far. Last week I had a super burrito, nine pieces of See's candy, four mini muffins and have a bundt cake and still lost 3 lbs. I love this lifestyle change...

hopefully this Sunday I get out of the 300lbs club and get into the high 200s club...
    Box of twinkies (1500kcal) after my workout. Still got another 800 to play with today (gotta be from protein now, but yup.) It's that simple.

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by devill1am View Post
    First of all, I'd like to thank you wave_length everyone who contributed to this thread.

I've been working out for the past 10 years or so and this thread has hightlighted some possible misconceptions I had. Some of the stuff I have heard over the years from PT's and sites had me confused. I've clean bulked for approx 8 years, and then I did my first cut. It was successful but a lot more complicated that the rules laid out here - simplification is great.

The rules have been artibrarily set to a daily schedule. They infer that I could eat one large meal a day to achieve the calorie and protein goals.
    I completely understand how the rules work to lose weight (in fact only rule 3 is necessary for this); but I'm skeptical about muscle retention vs. fat loss.

1. Will eating only one large meal daily not cause catabolicism in my muscle?
    2. Could these rules be extended to 2 days, 3days..? I'm wondering where the cut-off point is for the introduction of catabolicism.
    3. Do the rules imply that if I did my cardio on an empty stomach, I wouldn't risk muscle depletion?
    4. Am I being too paranoid - is muscle vs. fat loss from the calorie deficit nothing to worry about once I get the protein requirements in at least once a day?

1. Nope.
    2. These rules can be extended indefinitely.
    I think the question you meant to ask is how long between eating can I go before muscle noticeable catabolism begins and I believe the answer is somewhere in the range of 36-48hours it's been a while since I looked that up.

Note: I say noticeable because your body is in a constant state of anabolism (building) and catabolism(destroying) cells so to think of it as an on/off switch is silly.

3. The rules say nothing about cardio.
    Again, by muscle depletion I assume you mean catabolism. What I read is glycogen depletion.
    Basically, the latter will happen when there is no useable fuel in your bloodstream and all the glycogen is used up in your muscles.

You won't waste away if you run a few miles on an empty stomach. Many people actually feel they preform better this way, I know I do.

4. Yes, yes you are.

If you give your body a good reason to keep muscle by working out and eating at some sensible regular interval you have nothing to worry about.
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devill1am is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by iDrive View Post
    1. Nope.
    2. These rules can be extended indefinitely.
    I think the question you meant to ask is how long between eating can I go before muscle noticeable catabolism begins and I believe the answer is somewhere in the range of 36-48hours it's been a while since I looked that up.
    That's what I meant. Wow thanks for that site dude! I'm loving the fasting myths article.

3. The rules say nothing about cardio.
    Again, by muscle depletion I assume you mean catabolism. What I read is glycogen depletion.
    Basically, the latter will happen when there is no useable fuel in your bloodstream and all the glycogen is used up in your muscles.

You won't waste away if you run a few miles on an empty stomach. Many people actually feel they preform better this way, I know I do.
    The rules do imply that there is no difference in running on an empty stomach vs. eating first. If I'm burning calories, I'm burning calories right? I used to think I'd 'target' fat loss this way?

EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What does "lift heavy" exactly mean? Is lifting with 3 sets per excercise and 10 to 5 reps considered lifting heavy, if I use weights I can maximally lift 10 to 5 times (repetitions)?
    fuark

KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGC8R is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EddieFromEurope View Post
    What does "lift heavy" exactly mean? Is lifting with 3 sets per excercise and 10 to 5 reps considered lifting heavy, if I use weights I can maximally lift 10 to 5 times (repetitions)?
    Lifting HEAVY means lifting a weight that makes it hard to finish the last 2-3 reps...

" Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. " - Arnold

Two things I remind myself of and use my previous attempts at weightloss and the failure of those attempts as motivation.

EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lifting HEAVY means lifting a weight that makes it hard to finish the last 2-3 reps...
    Thanks. I guess I'm doing it right.
    fuark

tinker0608 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Been a lurker of this thread for several weeks. I have a big noob question as I haven't lifted in years so I would like to know if the majority of these exercises can be done with machines instead of free weights. Im afraid I won't have proper technique when starting out. So my question is, what should I absolutely be using free weights for and which can I do on machines? Or do people typically only use free weights?

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    in the lower rep ranges. I could probably curl a 2lb DB for about 168 repetitions, I am sure the last few would be quite challenging, but by no stretch of the imagination is that lifting heavy
    Last edited by phoenixr2; 03-29-2012 at 02:39 PM.
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tinker0608 View Post
    Been a lurker of this thread for several weeks. I have a big noob question as I haven't lifted in years so I would like to know if the majority of these exercises can be done with machines instead of free weights. Im afraid I won't have proper technique when starting out. So my question is, what should I absolutely be using free weights for and which can I do on machines? Or do people typically only use free weights?
    Is it possible to hire a proper (good) trainer to teach you basic form? If not, do you have any friends who have any certifications in the field of fitness? nothing wrong with machines and I would say get started on them today but at some point reach out and try to get some help learning free weights. If you have a camera you can even take some video and ill be happy to critique form as much as possible through a video. (we would start lifting light on this, not heavy ) Let me know if I can help at all. the most important thing is get lifting!

That's what I meant. Wow thanks for that site dude! I'm loving the fasting myths article.

The rules do imply that there is no difference in running on an empty stomach vs. eating first. If I'm burning calories, I'm burning calories right? I used to think I'd 'target' fat loss this way?
    Just try to keep in a positive nitrogen balance (high protein intake) and you will be good to go man. Dont kill yourself over thinking it

*edit, sorry for three posts in a row, one day Ill use multi quote LOL

Originally Posted by phoenixr2 View Post
    in the lower rep ranges. I could probably curl a 2lb DB for about 168 repetitions, I am sure the last few would be quite challenging, but by not stretch of the imagination is that lifting heavy
    Would 3 sets of 10,7 and >5(max 10) reps be good? It is what I'm doing at the moment.
    fuark

Is it possible to hire a proper (good) trainer to teach you basic form? If not, do you have any friends who have any certifications in the field of fitness? nothing wrong with machines and I would say get started on them today but at some point reach out and try to get some help learning free weights. If you have a camera you can even take some video and ill be happy to critique form as much as possible through a video. (we would start lifting light on this, not heavy ) Let me know if I can help at all. the most important thing is get lifting!
    I may have to hire a trainer. My main question is can I see results following the plan of the OP by mainly using machines? Is there any lifting that I should do entirely from using free weights? I have my fitness assessment (Just signed up at a brand new gym by my house) tomorrow and I want to get started on the "How to lose fat for noobs" plan immediately. I want to know if results will be lacking if I mainly stick to machines for the first few months.

pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pippen336 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You can certainly lose fat on machines, but your results in all aspects will somewhat be lacking if you dont learn compound barbell lifts correctly. Take the time and effort, its well worth it

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You inferred that. But for the purposes of the above there isn't a difference between a fasted or fed workout/run in the grand scheme of things.

Generally, "lift heavy" means lift in the 8-12 rep range where your last 2-3 reps are difficult to complete.

Form is paramount and if you feel more comfortable on machines then go for it the only real difference between free weights and machines is that free weights utilize stabilizing muscles and machines lock you into a certain motion. I'd recommend moving to free weights but that's your prerogative.

in the lower rep ranges. I could probably curl a 2lb DB for about 168 repetitions, I am sure the last few would be quite challenging, but by no stretch of the imagination is that lifting heavy
    Strong e-stats bro

I may have to hire a trainer. My main question is can I see results following the plan of the OP by mainly using machines? Is there any lifting that I should do entirely from using free weights? I have my fitness assessment (Just signed up at a brand new gym by my house) tomorrow and I want to get started on the "How to lose fat for noobs" plan immediately. I want to know if results will be lacking if I mainly stick to machines for the first few months.
    A) In my experience a good trainer is hard to come by but probably better than nothing. Just know nothing they say is necessarily 100% true.
    B)As far as free weights go I wouldn't do squats or dead lifts on machines (smith machine) but these aren't necessary exercises.

Originally Posted by pippen336 View Post
    You can certainly lose fat on machines, but your results in all aspects will somewhat be lacking if you dont learn compound barbell lifts correctly. Take the time and effort, its well worth it
    Not disagreeing with the benefits of compound lifts but no lifts are necessary as long as you're able to meet your goals.
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3 weeks into my first cut. Trying to get rid of the stubborn left over fat on my stomach.

1st week lost 4lbs
    2nd week lost 2lbs
    3rd week still haven't weighted in. I'm aiming for 2lbs.

Strength has gone up somewhat instead of reducing . Probably doesn't even matter since its only been three weeks.

Nub Question: does it matter if you go over your daily protein intake? I just love eating chicken and fish so I tend to go over my daily intake between 10-20g almost everyday.

Would 3 sets of 10,7 and >5(max 10) reps be good? It is what I'm doing at the moment.
    As IDrive said, I'd hit the 8-12 range more, really no reason to dip down to the 5 range while on this plan.

Yes you can. As long as you are moving some heavy weights, and keeping high intensity the mode isnt nearly as important. FYI if you tell the person giving your assessment about your plan to stick to these three rules, well be prepared for some fun and lots of sells pitches

Strong e-stats bro

A) In my experience a good trainer is hard to come by but probably better than nothing. Just know nothing they say is necessarily 100% true.
    B)As far as free weights go I wouldn't do squats or dead lifts on machines (smith machine) but these aren't necessary exercises.
    No e-statin, I do failure sets on 2lb db curls weekly. I am aiming to take out some older ladies in group classes mate.

Agreed. dont just go pay any trainer some money and expect quality. ask around, look at time in, look at their clients and talk to them, you will learn who knows their stuff and who can talk well.

Originally Posted by lafawnduh View Post
    3 weeks into my first cut. Trying to get rid of the stubborn left over fat on my stomach.

1st week lost 4lbs
    2nd week lost 2lbs
    3rd week still haven't weighted in. I'm aiming for 2lbs.

Strength has gone up somewhat instead of reducing . Probably doesn't even matter since its only been three weeks.

Nub Question: does it matter if you go over your daily protein intake? I just love eating chicken and fish so I tend to go over my daily intake between 10-20g almost everyday.
    Bro if youre weight is going down and your strength is going up don't fret the protein, urdoinitright.

lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lafawnduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Was about to edit and remove that question actually haha. I was just searching and found different anwsers but basically realized what you pointed it.

Thanks for answering though

Groyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was hoping I could get some advice for my current plateau. So over the course of my dieting (tracked through myfitnesspal while over estimating cals to be safe), I've definitely been gaining strength but the scale has hovered over 162 for about 2 weeks. For my height, 5 '7, Ive been consuming 1600 or less without the exercise factored in. Each day I eat 150g or less of carbs and 140+g of protein. I dont think I can reduce my cals by much more without being hungry, and I lift heavy for 50-60 min 5 days a week. Mon and Wed is chest and bis while tues and thurs is back, shoulders, and tris. Friday is usually chest and bis again but I want to try out legs to replace the cardio I typically do. I dont really know what else to do...just wait it out? Feels like wasted effort. Im also trying out replacing my HIIT with the more regulated diet, seems like most of you guys skip it all together and get results.

Can someone give me an example of some EFA's? I know fish are good choices and I will definitely have some, but not every day. It appears that wave length was drinking a little oil? I'm just trying to find the most efficient solution without having to always cook food that has EFA's.

madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madquick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Groyer View Post
    I was hoping I could get some advice for my current plateau. So over the course of my dieting (tracked through myfitnesspal while over estimating cals to be safe), I've definitely been gaining strength but the scale has hovered over 162 for about 2 weeks. For my height, 5 '7, Ive been consuming 1600 or less without the exercise factored in. Each day I eat 150g or less of carbs and 140+g of protein. I dont think I can reduce my cals by much more without being hungry, and I lift heavy for 50-60 min 5 days a week. Mon and Wed is chest and bis while tues and thurs is back, shoulders, and tris. Friday is usually chest and bis again but I want to try out legs to replace the cardio I typically do. I dont really know what else to do...just wait it out? Feels like wasted effort. Im also trying out replacing my HIIT with the more regulated diet, seems like most of you guys skip it all together and get results.
    Did you state your goal?
    Just getting started with forums, 2/2012. REP BACK!

if you're lifting 2lbs common sense and logic would tell you that's not heavy weight unless you're a 2 year old....

But for the noobs, lifting heavy mean lifting in a rep rang of 8-12 reps with the last 2 reps being hard to finish.

you can also lift 6-12 rep if you like as long as those are heavy as well. I personally don't go past 12 reps when lifting heavy and even that is rare.

Groyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by madquick View Post
    Did you state your goal?
    Like body fat wise? Im going for like 12% so prob need to lose like 15 or so pounds.

Can someone give me an example of some EFA's? I know fish are good choices and I will definitely have some, but not every day. It appears that wave length was drinking a little oil? I'm just trying to find the most efficient solution without having to always cook food that has EFA's.
    I usually go for some flaxseed, chia seeds, avocados, almonds, olive oil etc.

There's a good amount of foods that have EFA's, as well as articles on which foods have them on the site.

Good thing we can't have fun or be sarcastic on this internet place. Common sense and logic would make us understand to lose fat we need to eat less, so we truly dont even need this thread right?
    Some people are NOOBS and need it spelled out. I used a drastic example to illustrate my point, but I have seen it countless times. "Heavy"is subjective.
    if you're lifting 2lbs common sense and logic would tell you that's not heavy weight unless you're a 2 year old....

But for the noobs, lifting heavy mean lifting in a rep rang of 8-12 reps with the last 2 reps being hard to finish.

you can also lift 6-12 rep if you like as long as those are heavy as well. I personally don't go past 12 reps when lifting heavy and even that is rare.

Closed Thread