Closed Thread
Page 54 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 4423
    award101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=wave_length;553453643]You only have to follow three simple rules:

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
    - Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.

what is considered "lean body mass"? how do ifind this out?

Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Seeko View Post
    So, I lost about 30lbs by following the basics of this thread and a good amount of cardio. Thread is legit.

Went from 235 to 208, as of this morning
    Congrats...I've practically mirrored your progress going from 236 to 209 so far I've just cracked the 20% bf barrier though so I still have a ways to go, but I'm very happy with the 1lb / week pace.

marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000) marcp10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    197 to 191.2 lbs in 3 weeks.

I guess I should keep to the same calorie intake for a couple more weeks until I don't see any progress? (2300)
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by award101 View Post
    what is considered "lean body mass"? how do ifind this out?
    Total Body Weight - Body Fat % = Lean Body Mass

Ex: 200lbs - 20 BF% = 160lbs LBM

200lbs * 0.20 = 40lbs fat
    200lbs weight -40lbs fat = 160lbs LBM
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Could someone look in my profile pics and give me a bf% estimate? I tries posting on the other tread but I guess none answers that nemore

pvilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great stuff also check out fitzness.com and all the articles on losing weight and toning up.
    http://twitter.com/#!/pvilla1127/sta...71664853069825

yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I've a simple question...

If I follow these 3 rules I'm ok?

screen 2.jpg

If I keep to this & workout 3 times a week, can I lose fat?

I know its not the perfect diet but it is works for me. I'm following all the rules.

I'm 144 pounds male, 5"6"! I'm also roughly 25% BF.

Cheers

mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by yesbuddie View Post

Attachment 3593863

I know its not the perfect diet but it is works for me. I'm following all the rules.

I'm 144 pounds male, 5"6"! I'm also roughly 25% BF.

Cheers
    Umm! First off you are taking 146 grams protein and you weigh 144 lbs, not a huge problem but you only need to be taking 1 gram per LBM to maintain muscle, right now you are taking 1 gram protein per total body weight.

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
    - Eat 1g protein / "lb lean body mass."
    - Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.

The only way you can know if you will lose fat is if your scale weight goes down or your waist gets slimmer or you look thinner in the mirror or your clothes are looser or any combination of all.

I don't know if you have already been experimenting with calorie totals or not or if you have already seen any fat loss, so, if using the diet you have stated does not allow you to lose weight cut the calories more, if you are losing too fast add some more calories, try to target "1-2 lbs / week".
    If it was me I think I would up the fats and carbs a bit and chop off a bit of protein to re balance but see how you go, if there is a problem it will show fairly quick I think, symptoms like low energy for training or feeling a touch strange mentally.
    Also if you will eat that menu day in day out you should grab some multi vitamins tablets as it seems a bit veg less.
    Find a job that you love and you'll never have to work another day in your life.

I rep anyone over the age of 40 on sight, us coffin dodgers have got to stick together!

iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

As far as losing fat and preserving muscle, yes.

Yes. I'm questioning the carb-less bakery bread at only 500 cals though

That's all that matters

Originally Posted by mozzi101 View Post
    Umm! First off you are taking 146 grams protein and you weigh 144 lbs, not a huge problem but you only need to be taking 1 gram per LBM to maintain muscle, right now you are taking 1 gram protein per total body weight.
    Not a problem at all

Also if you will eat that menu day in day out you should grab some multi vitamins tablets as it seems a bit veg less.
    Yeah, this might be a good idea
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesbuddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cheers Lads, I think I'm going to replace the porridge with a Ham Toastie. I use these rules with IF. So From 9pm to 1pm I fast. Im also taking 3 Omega 3 tablets a day.

If you think its a waste of calories I might try only taking 2 scoops of Protein instead of 3.

Also last weekend, , I pigged out friday, saturday & sunday for the first time in 2 weeks . Nothing major, but I didn't count calories & had takeaway foods 2 of the nights. I will fully expecting to put on weight but I didn't put on any it seems? count this be right?

Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also last weekend, , I pigged out friday, saturday & sunday for the first time in 2 weeks . Nothing major, but I didn't count calories & had takeaway foods 2 of the nights. I will fully expecting to put on weight but I didn't put on any it seems? count this be right?
    I've found now that I am counting calories I am more aware of what i'm eating, even when I 'binge'. You might not have counted those two days but underneath you knew how it would affect you and might have held back some.

Also keep in mind it takes 3500 cals over your maintenance to put on a lb. So even if you went nuts in two days....assuming your maintenance is 2800..you'd would have had to eat 9300 cals in those two days AND at maintenance every other day since you last stepped on the scale just to have put on a lb! That's a lot of food!

Keep in mind other fluctuations such as water and you'll realize it's just a scale reading and not to put much stock in it

ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^

yeah, I lost a around 3 lbs during the week last week, relaxed on saturday and had some fast food, and on sunday had a big bowl of pho although on that day I still hit my usual calorie deficit. Come monday all 3 of those pounds were showing back on the scale :P If I put all my stock in what the scale said I would have been pissed, but the way I ate, I know it was probably mostly water weight or other fluctuations since there was a lot more salt/carbs over the weekend. Still pretty lame though haha.

One question I had- I can see how all this stuff about carb/fat ratio, and the 'types' of carbs, etc won't matter when you're in a deficit, but does this stuff still not matter when you're bulking? I'm a little worried that when the time comes and I start eating at a surplus that the way I eat will affect how that surplus is used as far as muscle building vs fat. If you're getting enough protein and lifting hard (i'll probably continue doing Starting Strength, which I started a while back) will these things not matter?

Originally Posted by ryoaska1 View Post
    One question I had- I can see how all this stuff about carb/fat ratio, and the 'types' of carbs, etc won't matter when you're in a deficit, but does this stuff still not matter when you're bulking? I'm a little worried that when the time comes and I start eating at a surplus that the way I eat will affect how that surplus is used as far as muscle building vs fat. If you're getting enough protein and lifting hard (i'll probably continue doing Starting Strength, which I started a while back) will these things not matter?
    If you're getting enough protein and lifting hard then you're following 2/3 rules.

If you're gaining weight at a reasonable rate (if trying to bulk) then you're following the 3rd rule.

Why do you think the amount of carbs or fats would effect body composition if the above is met?
    You don't start there.

big_erock is on a distinguished road. (+10) big_erock is on a distinguished road. (+10) big_erock is on a distinguished road. (+10) big_erock is on a distinguished road. (+10) big_erock is on a distinguished road. (+10) big_erock is on a distinguished road. (+10) big_erock is on a distinguished road. (+10) big_erock is on a distinguished road. (+10) big_erock is on a distinguished road. (+10) big_erock is on a distinguished road. (+10) big_erock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Going to start this soon..but is there a difference doing a 3 day split rather then a 4/5 day split? Thanks!

Michealleo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well thank u you for sharing good info . i always get some help from cardio exercies for lossing some weight . And it's really worth. Drink more and more water . Nad most important thing dont eat any food before going in bed . Because when we do that our food never digest properly and that caused us to gain weight . thanks alot

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by big_erock View Post
    Going to start this soon..but is there a difference doing a 3 day split rather then a 4/5 day split? Thanks!
    Personal preference, time available, lifting experience, personal goals, etc. Neither is "right" or "wrong" as it depends on multiple variables as I hinted at.

Originally Posted by Michealleo View Post
    well thank u you for sharing good info . i always get some help from cardio exercies for lossing some weight . And it's really worth. Drink more and more water . Nad most important thing dont eat any food before going in bed . Because when we do that our food never digest properly and that caused us to gain weight . thanks alot
    Are you saying that if you eat before bed it goes straight to weight gain? If so I think you may have missed part of the reason behind this thread. :/
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

purdueman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) purdueman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just wondering how you guys figure you're lean body mass besides by guesstimation..calipers have been said to be inaccurate by up to 5%.

I had my lean mass recorded at 206 and bf % at 22. Saying 27% to be safe.

Will simply working out as par and eating my LBM in protein really save me from losing muscle even if I'm drastically going under my Cals? (I'm eating my target protein..). Maintenance apparently says I should be around 3400 I think and I'm eating 1500

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Michealleo View Post
    If food wouldn't digest properly, wouldn't that lead to weight loss rather than weight gain?
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

Originally Posted by big_erock View Post
    3 days is minimum recommended. More is always fine.

Originally Posted by purdueman View Post
    Just wondering how you guys figure you're lean body mass besides by guesstimation..calipers have been said to be inaccurate by up to 5%.
    You can go get a BodPod test done or one of those other methods other than claipers but if you're estimating you're 27% then you probably shouldn't pay to know how much body fat you carry. Really estimation is all you need because until your fairly lean it doesn't REALLY matter.

If its for purposes of knowing 1g/LBM and you're 250lbs then shoot for between 150-200g and you'll be fine.

Originally Posted by wave_length View Post
    If food wouldn't digest properly, wouldn't that lead to weight loss rather than weight gain?
    Unless all that undigested food just sat in your colon
    You don't start there.

pvilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here's a great article on the hard truth on losing weight and fat from Fitzness.com!
    http://www.fitzness.com/blog/?p=4372

SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.

can someone explain this?
    >> Manchester United <<
    >>//Bosnian-ARMY\\<<
    GTR NISMO <3

★★★ I was part of the Ultra 2014 Thread Crew ★★★

SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nvm got it ^^....

well im not going to sign up at the gym, but ill do a lot of cardio... pushups/ barbel curl at home... sit ups/leg raises etc..

hopefully itll help
    >> Manchester United <<
    >>//Bosnian-ARMY\\<<
    GTR NISMO <3

★★★ I was part of the Ultra 2014 Thread Crew ★★★

Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Down from 161 to 143 in about 5 month by following these principles and adding more cardio/calorie deficit

wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wade6307 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok I have to know if the whole drinking a protein shake pre and within 1 hour post workout is the optimal time, because its when the body takes in and uses the protein the most.

not sure if this logic is legit or if its broscience, does anyone know?

Just wondering about having a Lunch for cutting:

Usually I'd have 2 apples and 1/2 a tub of Yogurt . The*Yogurt is around 180 calories & fairly high in sugar.*

I was going to switch my meal for something healthier.*

I was thinking of a *2 ham Sandwich so 2 slices & bread, 2 slides of ham & some low fat butter. I would toast the sandwich on a George Foreman. Although the ham*sandwiches*for lunch would be more calories I would of thought it would of being healthier & more substantial?*

Any feedback is*appreciated*

Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just wondering about having a Lunch for cutting:

Usually I'd have 2 apples and 1/2 a tub of Yogurt . The*Yogurt is around 180 calories & fairly high in sugar.*

I was going to switch my meal for something healthier.*

I was thinking of a *2 ham Sandwich so 2 slices & bread, 2 slides of ham & some low fat butter. I would toast the sandwich on a George Foreman. Although the ham*sandwiches*for lunch would be more calories I would of thought it would of being healthier & more substantial?*

Any feedback is*appreciated*
    In relation to the yoghurt... go for a low fat option, I eat yoghurt that has 94cal and 0.1g fat per pot.

In terms of the other stuff, I would suggest that some apples and yoghurt isnt really a big enough dinner. Try chicken or tuna with steamed veggies

[QUOTE=Leeds001;731204743]In relation to the yoghurt... go for a low fat option, I eat yoghurt that has 94cal and 0.1g fat per pot.

In terms of the other stuff, I would suggest that some apples and yoghurt isnt really a big enough dinner. Try chicken or tuna with steamed veggies [/QUOTE

To be honest, With the place I work I wouldn't be able to being in veggies or Chicken...thats why I wondering about a toasted ham sandwich...Cheers...If I just have a half pot of Yoghurt & 2 apples is that ok? I no its not great but should it affect my fat loss in any way?*

BTW I normally have proper dinner after my workout!

[QUOTE=yesbuddie;731219363][QUOTE=Leeds001;731204743]In relation to the yoghurt... go for a low fat option, I eat yoghurt that has 94cal and 0.1g fat per pot.

In terms of the other stuff, I would suggest that some apples and yoghurt isnt really a big enough dinner. Try chicken or tuna with steamed veggies [/QUOTE

To be honest, With the place I work I wouldn't be able to being in veggies or Chicken...thats why I wondering about a toasted ham sandwich...Cheers...If I just have a half pot of Yoghurt & 2 apples is that ok? I no its not great but should it affect my fat loss in any way?*[/QUOTE

It certainly wont hurt fat loss... very low in calories and apples are full of pectin which fights fat

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So I just wanted to say lost 34lbs starting from 194.4 to 160.4, everything worked perfectly, the only thing is I had to add a lot of cardio at the end, and next time I will prob start doing cardio the whole time. For me I would like to eat more and then just make it up with extra cardio. Wave is also right that most people are fatter than they think I thought I would get shredded I didn't but I did get very lean.*
    My Workout Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142212621

extralite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post How to Lose Weight in a Week

I found this great site man, its sort of the same with yours. I lost a lot of fats in a week when I followed*http://weightloss-guides.com/healthy...se-weight-week

Closed Thread