Closed Thread
Page 26 of 148 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast
    hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lose more fat.
    Not to sound like a dick, but you're probably fatter than you think @ 195 lbs (don't worry, we all are; I'm fatter than I'd like @ 165 lbs atm ).

Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    Bread is the best after you've axed it from your diet for a while. That's when I had really noticed how much I liked it. Of course I have it all the time these days so I don't really know the feeling that well anymore.
    I'm severly bread-starved atm (low carb on off days, and about 150g on workout days), and I don't eat the amount I'd like. But yesterday I baked some rolls myself, and they were basically sex on a plate. You're absolutely right.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hankst View Post
    I'm severly bread-starved atm (low carb on off days, and about 150g on workout days), and I don't eat the amount I'd like. But yesterday I baked some rolls myself, and they were basically sex on a plate. You're absolutely right.
    I'm not sure there's anything better than fresh baked bread right out of the oven or bread maker.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkruise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Motivational

subbed

waveymofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waveymofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waveymofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waveymofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waveymofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waveymofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waveymofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waveymofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waveymofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waveymofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The thread has loads of useful info guys, thanks

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Negged.

Originally Posted by one-two View Post
    hey brahs i been looking for an answer for a long time for this
    my sides/ lower back ain't going away. i've had them for as long as i can remember
    i cut down from 230lbs in the summer to 195lbs now, and i still got them. of course they aren't as bad as they were when i was 230, but I still got them and they aren't going away. do i have to keep cutting?

what do. gimmie all possible (and realistic) ways to get rid of them.
    thanks
    You pretty much answered yourself.
    If they went away somewhat after dropping 35lbs then they will go completely away when you lose another 35 right? Right.

Plus the place you want to lose from the most is always the last to come off. It's science.
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not sure there's anything better than fresh baked bread right out of the oven or bread maker.
    Fresh baked pie.
    We all come from humble beginnings.

Studies everywhere tell you everything, listen to your body instead and you'll succeed.

" So you're thinking that you're all that, and then some...man I got news for you..."

Now, I am become Death... BadBrain's Avatar
    BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Quick question. This is a great thread, and, as I am indeed a noob, it's been very useful. But I just wanted to clarify a couple of things.

First, WaveLength said that, other than getting 1gr protein per pound of LBM we can eat pretty much whatever we want, as long as the calories come in at the right place.

Secondly, he said that the whole "eating every three hours" stuff was irrelevant.

So, two questions: Isn't eating whatever we want bad if, for example, we decide to eat more sugary or carb-laden food as this would spike insulin levels and that's not good.

Second, don't we eat frequently to help keep leptin levels up?

Thanks for any info on this as I'm learning too...

Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BadBrain View Post
    Quick question. This is a great thread, and, as I am indeed a noob, it's been very useful. But I just wanted to clarify a couple of things.

First, WaveLength said that, other than getting 1gr protein per pound of LBM we can eat pretty much whatever we want, as long as the calories come in at the right place.

Secondly, he said that the whole "eating every three hours" stuff was irrelevant.

So, two questions: Isn't eating whatever we want bad if, for example, we decide to eat more sugary or carb-laden food as this would spike insulin levels and that's not good.

Thanks for any info on this as I'm learning too...
    If you're eating the proper levels of protein it's hard to spike insulin enough to make a difference. Protein digests slowly which keeps you full longer.

iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BadBrain View Post
    Can't really look anything up from work as far as studies. But insulin spiking as been pretty much debunked over and over again you can search more for it if you want.

The Brofessor on Nutrient Timing

Nope, not the function of leptin. It's a pretty complex hormone and you need not worry about it for fat loss... especially as a noob.

But if you REALLY want to worry about it go read this multi-part series by Lyle McDonald

In summation: The 3 rules are the baseline for all diets/bulks (adjust rule 3) whatever you decide to impose upon yourself after that is your choice but irrelevant to optimal body composition.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

Now, I am become Death... BadBrain's Avatar
    BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadBrain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks guys, hell, this means I can eat the occasional junk and still lose fat (as long as the protein rule is in effect and calories are at the appropriate deficit)...that will make things a bit more tolerable.

I had gotten my info from the write up by Layne Norton...but for all I know, that info is out of date. When I checked the Wiki article on leptin, it says that it's only an appetite supressant...nothing to do with fat burning, as Norton says...so that confused me as well...

But this is cool, and certainly easier to do...

iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was wondering if I a brah or two could help me out. I'm 318 at 23 years of age. I'm new to bodybuilding/working out. I've recently started going to the gym. I was hoping someone could help in what types of excercises or workouts I could do, or what type of diet I should follow
    rustlin jimmies

one-two is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) one-two is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) one-two is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) one-two is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) one-two is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) one-two is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) one-two is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) one-two is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) one-two is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) one-two is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) one-two is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by iDrive View Post

You pretty much answered yourself.
    If they went away somewhat after dropping 35lbs then they will go completely away when you lose another 35 right? Right.

Plus the place you want to lose from the most is always the last to come off. It's science.
    yeah makes sense. i don't think i have to drop another 35 though, i don't want to be weighing 160 at my height. so basically, I just got to keep my diet clean and keep cutting? would you recommend that I do cardio 3x a week?
    Vancouver Canucks Crew
    ★ BlackBerry Messenger Misc Group ★

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by m1kk1 View Post
    Whew! It took me a few days but I read all of them. Yep, all of both threads. I'm crazy like that (vs nuts like the folks who jump in and start asking questions without reading any of the previous posts)

Loads of great stuff in here and I just wanted to take a minute to thank all the contributors, especially Wave_length, th3pwn3r and iDrive. You guys have spent years sharing your knowledge, providing guidance and patiently answering the same questions over and over again with humor and style. He**, a couple times even I wanted to just scream, "READ THE FIRST POST!!!"

Kudos, gentlemen!
    Thanks man, appreciated.
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by iginca View Post
    I was wondering if I a brah or two could help me out. I'm 318 at 23 years of age. I'm new to bodybuilding/working out. I've recently started going to the gym. I was hoping someone could help in what types of excercises or workouts I could do, or what type of diet I should follow
    Diet:
    read the first post

Exercise:
    Some form of resistance training, definitely. If you haven't been working out so far, a full body routine twice or three times per week should do the trick. Google "Starting Strength", it's a great, proven workout you can do in about every gym, because all you need are a barbell, a bench, and a squat rack.

Cardio can be done, but is entirely optional. I would decide against it at 318 lbs; impact cardio such as running may put too much stress on your joints, the effect of cardio for fat loss is not that great at all. You may add in cardio later, when you're stalling out and don't want to reduce your caloric intake further, but there's quite a road ahead of you before you reach that point.

BodySystem is not very well liked. (-100) BodySystem is not very well liked. (-100) BodySystem is not very well liked. (-100) BodySystem is not very well liked. (-100) BodySystem is not very well liked. (-100) BodySystem is not very well liked. (-100) BodySystem is not very well liked. (-100) BodySystem is not very well liked. (-100) BodySystem is not very well liked. (-100) BodySystem is not very well liked. (-100) BodySystem is not very well liked. (-100)

Easy

If you eat at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight a day, then you will automatically start losing weight. Eat apples as a snack. Apples are 85% water, so they fill you up faster.

Lose Weight and gain muscle!
    BodySystem.yolasite.com

wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wmische9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question How about at 240 with Cardio

Diet:
    read the first post

Exercise:
    Some form of resistance training, definitely. If you haven't been working out so far, a full body routine twice or three times per week should do the trick. Google "Starting Strength", it's a great, proven workout you can do in about every gym, because all you need are a barbell, a bench, and a squat rack.

Cardio can be done, but is entirely optional. I would decide against it at 318 lbs; impact cardio such as running may put too much stress on your joints, the effect of cardio for fat loss is not that great at all. You may add in cardio later, when you're stalling out and don't want to reduce your caloric intake further, but there's quite a road ahead of you before you reach that point.
    Hey there all -
    So I have finally removed all of my luggage (hard cast, air cast) from a right foot stress fracture I had back in Nov of 2010. I was lifting but was pretty hard to get in any cardio.

When I was injured I was doing cardio 3 times a week losing about 500 cals a day on an elliptical machine. I was down to what I thought was a good weight 200 when the stress fracture happened, from something other than working out/running.

So now I have gained a bit of weight and weigh in at 240 now. I would like to keep on lifting to get the muscle structure but would love to get rid of the belly a bit.

BTW I'm a 37 year old male at 6' tall.

Should I still avoid the elliptical machine or go a different route? The problem is with the stress fracture healed up should I even take a chance at cardio on the machines?
    Last edited by wmische9; 04-20-2011 at 06:12 AM. Reason: add more info

See hankst's answer

Diet:
    read the first post

Exercise:

Only thing I'd add is that at that weight walking at a decent pace or on an incline, elliptical or bikes can also be good forms of cardio to get your endurance up. Cardio is unnecessary for fat loss but if it makes you feel better then do it.
    Also with the weather getting nice walking outside can be pleasant.

Originally Posted by one-two View Post
    yeah makes sense. i don't think i have to drop another 35 though, i don't want to be weighing 160 at my height. so basically, I just got to keep my diet clean and keep cutting? would you recommend that I do cardio 3x a week?
    To the bold: Yes, that's it.

To the post, was merely illustrating a point, you may not have another 35 to lose but if you look at before/after pics from where you started you can probably notice that you look leaner in some areas than you do in your "problem areas" fat comes off differently from different areas. Whatever weight you end up at will be determined when you think you look acceptable.

Usually midsection is the last place in guys and legs is the last place in women.
    Conversely Men would usually have abs while women would like smaller legs. Go figure.

Originally Posted by wmische9 View Post
    So now I have gained a bit of weight and weigh in at 240 now. I would like to keep on lifting to get the muscle structure but would love to get rid of the belly a bit.
    First post.

Should I still avoid the elliptical machine or go a different route? The problem is with the stress fracture healed up should I even take a chance at cardio on the machines?
    Up to you, unnecessary for fat loss. I'm not familiar with them so I'm not sure on how one can operate on a stress fracture. If you want to fit in cardio it's your prerogative.
    You don't start there.

iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000) iginca is just really nice. (+1000)
    Diet:
    read the first post

Exercise:

Thanks

One thing I don't understand is the following:
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.

How many grams of protein would that be? And is that exactly the amount, or can it be more than that?
    rustlin jimmies

byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks

How many grams of protein would that be? And is that exactly the amount, or can it be more than that?
    do you know your BF % and how much do you weigh?

Thanks

Total Body Weight - ([Total Body Weight] * BF%) = lbs Lean Body Mass

ex: 200lbs - (200 * 20%) = 160lbs LBM = 160g protein
    You don't start there.

tsiegel3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tsiegel3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tsiegel3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tsiegel3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tsiegel3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tsiegel3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tsiegel3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tsiegel3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tsiegel3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tsiegel3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tsiegel3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thank you for the well informed post on weight loss

Registered User AngelicaMordant's Avatar
    AngelicaMordant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngelicaMordant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngelicaMordant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngelicaMordant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngelicaMordant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice info! Thanks. Currently I'm on a keto plan and it does work for me. There are no headaches or other ill side effects. To keep from losing muscle I drink low carb whey protein (to thwart off my sweet tooth) and rtd Isopure low carb protein. I also drink a gallon of water per day. My workout is yoga for now until my health issues allow me to lift my baby weight to tone.
    Namaste & God Bless,
    ~~Angelica~~

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Shr3dJunki3 View Post
    Fresh baked pie.
    I do love apple pie but I'd rather have some cheesecake, maybe I can get my sister to make one for Easter(not that I'm really religious or anything) since she makes the best cheesecake I've ever had.

Originally Posted by AngelicaMordant View Post
    Nice info! Thanks. Currently I'm on a keto plan and it does work for me. There are no headaches or other ill side effects. To keep from losing muscle I drink low carb whey protein (to thwart off my sweet tooth) and rtd Isopure low carb protein. I also drink a gallon of water per day. My workout is yoga for now until my health issues allow me to lift my baby weight to tone.
    Well unless you really like those liquid proteins then just eat some meat instead, whole foods are better in the long run.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Impossible4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Impossible4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Impossible4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Impossible4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Impossible4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Impossible4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Impossible4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Impossible4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Impossible4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Impossible4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Impossible4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey I've followed this a lost a good 28 pounds bringing me down to 172 I'm and 20 tomorrow is my birthday though and I was wondering what do you guys think i should do I'm dropping my cals to 1200 today so maybe tomorrow i can have steak and a sweet potato and maybe some ice cream or something then go drinking... or do you guys think I should just stay on my cut I know its pointless to ask but just would like some honest opinions like what is the max amount this will set me back etc

Originally Posted by Impossible4 View Post
    Hey I've followed this a lost a good 28 pounds bringing me down to 172 I'm and 20 tomorrow is my birthday though and I was wondering what do you guys think i should do I'm dropping my cals to 1200 today so maybe tomorrow i can have steak and a sweet potato and maybe some ice cream or something then go drinking... or do you guys think I should just stay on my cut I know its pointless to ask but just would like some honest opinions like what is the max amount this will set me back etc
    It's your 21st? Go wild IMO. It won't set you back as much as you probably think (if at all really)

If you're not right around the corner from getting on stage I think it's pointless to miss out on life events. Kind of like you need a work/life balance or school/life balance you need a diet/life balance.

Well unless you really like those liquid proteins then just eat some meat instead, whole foods are better in the long run.
    Any reason aside from satiety? Just curious.
    Last edited by iDrive; 04-21-2011 at 06:58 AM.
    You don't start there.

Meat has vitamins, yo!
    (and I'm not joking)

Tomatta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tomatta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tomatta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tomatta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tomatta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tomatta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tomatta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tomatta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tomatta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tomatta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tomatta is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What is it that makes you lose water weight?

Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tomatta View Post
    What is it that makes you lose water weight?
    If you body cannot find sufficient energy in your bloodstream from food your body turns to it's glycogen stores for fuel which is the water weight you lose quickly when depriving yourself of food.

If your caloric deficit is sufficient, or by consuming sugar(carbs) in sufficiently low amounts you will see this effect.

dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Any reason? This is a forum about losing fat - mostly via diet i.e. consuming less carlories. What can be more important then satiety?

I don't understand why someone would drink a shake instead of eating a steak.

byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) byhsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dgaughan View Post
    Any reason? This is a forum about losing fat - mostly via diet i.e. consuming less carlories. What can be more important then satiety?

I don't understand why someone would drink a shake instead of eating a steak.
    good reason is if you already are about to go over your maintenance calories but have NOT ingested sufficient protein to satisfy your 1Gram of protein per pound of Lean body mass, then a shake would be the choice, high protein and low calorie compared to a steak.

Closed Thread