Closed Thread
Page 15 of 148 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast
    lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A] you don't need to know your exact bmr you need only to be in the tolerance range. The range is a key concept in weight tracking, lift progression, and fat loss. Kind of like stocks there are moving averages that indicate the real progress.

B] you really need longterm tracking of lifts, weight, measurements. All done in a consistent mannner to track progress scientifically. A standardized testing of strenth, weight and measurements can certainly help identify progress. It is necessary to measure the same way even if your estimation are off normal standards being consistent in your measurement strategy will indicate the moving average.

C]This isn't necessarily a bad thing if you are fairly close to your mass goal. It has definitely worked well for me. However cutting is fantastic for appearance driven goals.

FWIW you can get close enough to knowing markers to be good statistical trend indicators. The biggest problem most Noobs have is they want the 6 week result not the 6 month result. Give it 6 months and you will find out if what you are doing works for you or not. If your lifts improve or maintain you certainly didn't lose muscle.

Keep hanging in there man there is a lot of misinformation out there and plenty of short term 6-week quick fixes to battle.

too often people want exactness when it doesn't exist. Tolerances do exist and adhering to them is the key to success. BMR can normally be pegged in a range with good calorie tracking and several weeks of data. The more data you the more you will converge to a good range to stick with.

TheEther24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEther24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEther24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEther24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEther24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEther24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEther24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEther24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEther24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEther24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheEther24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sigh, ordered some calipers to measure bodyfat% from bb.com store. just used them for first time and got every measurement from 8% - 25% bf... makes me feel like these things are useless and I wasted my money.

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lsiberian View Post
    A] you don't need to know your exact bmr you need only to be in the tolerance range. The range is a key concept in weight tracking, lift progression, and fat loss. Kind of like stocks there are moving averages that indicate the real progress.

B] you really need longterm tracking of lifts, weight, measurements. All done in a consistent mannner to track progress scientifically. A standardized testing of strenth, weight and measurements can certainly help identify progress. It is necessary to measure the same way even if your estimation are off normal standards being consistent in your measurement strategy will indicate the moving average.

C]This isn't necessarily a bad thing if you are fairly close to your mass goal. It has definitely worked well for me. However cutting is fantastic for appearance driven goals.

FWIW you can get close enough to knowing markers to be good statistical trend indicators. The biggest problem most Noobs have is they want the 6 week result not the 6 month result. Give it 6 months and you will find out if what you are doing works for you or not. If your lifts improve or maintain you certainly didn't lose muscle.

Keep hanging in there man there is a lot of misinformation out there and plenty of short term 6-week quick fixes to battle.

too often people want exactness when it doesn't exist. Tolerances do exist and adhering to them is the key to success. BMR can normally be pegged in a range with good calorie tracking and several weeks of data. The more data you the more you will converge to a good range to stick with.
    Great points

Originally Posted by TheEther24 View Post
    sigh, ordered some calipers to measure bodyfat% from bb.com store. just used them for first time and got every measurement from 8% - 25% bf... makes me feel like these things are useless and I wasted my money.
    They're not entirely useless they become more useful when put in the hands of an experienced user and even more still when that person can take measurements places you can't do yourself.
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

Lean mean cutting machine BaseJumper's Avatar
    BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey guys:

What's you vision about IF?
    I tried it for 1 day and this is my thoughts:

- It's just for convenience (if your total caloric intake goes over your expenditure, you'll gain weight anyways)
    - It's for people who can hold. When I was able to eat, I binged.
    - It's better to follow the 3 rules. And, FOR ME, eat plenty of times a day, foods with low caloric value.
    My whey or the highway!

October 08th 2017

bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BaseJumper View Post
    Hey guys:

- It's just for convenience (if your total caloric intake goes over your expenditure, you'll gain weight anyways)
    - It's better to follow the 3 rules. And, FOR ME, eat plenty of times a day, foods with low caloric value.
    IF and the three rules aren't mutually exclusive. For some, IF meal scheduling might make it easier to follow the three rules. You learned that it doesn't work for you, which is great and what this thread is all about; following the three rules in the simplest manner possible and in a way that allows you to be (a) consistent and (b) not miserable.

iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BaseJumper View Post
    Hey guys:

FWIW it takes longer than 1 day for your hunger hormones to regulate themselves and for you to get entrained to the changed eating patterns.

To give it a fair shot you should give it at least 1-2 weeks. But it's sounds like it's not for you.

bfactors answer was excellent.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bfactor View Post
    IF and the three rules aren't mutually exclusive. For some, IF meal scheduling might make it easier to follow the three rules. You learned that it doesn't work for you, which is great and what this thread is all about; following the three rules in the simplest manner possible and in a way that allows you to be (a) consistent and (b) not miserable.
    I beg everyone to not overlook this. I think it's way more significant to keep it simple (by following the 3 rules) than going straight into other forms of "dieting". They tend to be over complicated and in return, we make dieting more than it is.

fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000)
    My 500 calorie deficit from my BMR is at 2,000 but I'm usually (when I track my intake) around 1,900 per day.

I'm not exactly sure where I stand in regards to the "norm". Disregarding the notion that everyone operates differently, can someone let me know if this looks "right"?

My stats: 187lbs / 19% bf / 6'0 ft

EDIT: I'm trying not to count and simply go back my living and simply follow the 3 rules. However, I'm always inclined to count calories and eat accordingly. It develops into a pretty bad habit actually.
    Last edited by fni; 02-07-2011 at 11:22 PM.

badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    244 pounds from 247.
    Lost three.
    Just to repeat myself =)

badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) badshaa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by badshaa View Post
    244 pounds from 247.
    Lost three.
    Just to repeat myself =)
    woops. Wrong threaad :P

Originally Posted by fni View Post
    My 500 calorie deficit from my BMR is at 2,000 but I'm usually (when I track my intake) around 1,900 per day.

I'm not exactly sure where I stand in regards to the "norm". Disregarding the notion that everyone operates differently, can someone let me know if this looks "right"?

My stats: 187lbs / 19% bf / 6'0 ft

EDIT: I'm trying not to count and simply go back my living and simply follow the 3 rules. However, I'm always inclined to count calories and eat accordingly. It develops into a pretty bad habit actually.
    Looks right based on numbers alone, if it works in practice than it's right for sure.
    You don't start there.

BigTiggyBoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi People,

I have been on and off weightloss diets for a few years, unfortunately im at a stage now where i have no choice except i need to lose weight, i just got out of a long relationship and i now have no excuses and ive got all the time in the world (after work) to do what i got to do.

Im at a record weight that ive never been at before 177.3KG (3 days ago) which is just INSANELY horrible.

Im 6'4

Ive lost 40KG before in a span of 6months with a simple diet and alot of cardio, however im not a big fan of cardio and much prefer weights it gets me PUMPED and i get a rush feeling going.(I have struggeled to mirror these results again due to lack of motivation and other issues)

My diet is:

1 diet shake (112.5 cals) @ 7.30am
    1 apple @ 10am
    1 diet shake @ 1pm
    1 meal around 7pm (200g protien (red/white meat + 2 cups of vegies)
    * Alot of water

From what i gather if i stick to weights and boxing will i still have the same if not better results than a strict cardio resume??

If you have any tips or ideas that may help please post or send me a message, Thanks. p.s this site is boss

* i do want to build muscle but i think more importantly would be to be losing KG's first...

cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BigTiggyBoo View Post
    Hi People,

I have been on and off weightloss diets for a few years, unfortunately im at a stage now where i have no choice except i need to lose weight, i just got out of a long relationship and i now have no excuses and ive got all the time in the world (after work) to do what i got to do.

Im at a record weight that ive never been at before 177.3KG (3 days ago) which is just INSANELY horrible.

Im 6'4

Ive lost 40KG before in a span of 6months with a simple diet and alot of cardio, however im not a big fan of cardio and much prefer weights it gets me PUMPED and i get a rush feeling going.(I have struggeled to mirror these results again due to lack of motivation and other issues)

My diet is:

1 diet shake (112.5 cals) @ 7.30am
    1 apple @ 10am
    1 diet shake @ 1pm
    1 meal around 7pm (200g protien (red/white meat + 2 cups of vegies)
    * Alot of water

From what i gather if i stick to weights and boxing will i still have the same if not better results than a strict cardio resume??

If you have any tips or ideas that may help please post or send me a message, Thanks. p.s this site is boss

* i do want to build muscle but i think more importantly would be to be losing KG's first...
    hey mate, firstly, Your eating far too little, I did that the first time, eat 6 meals a day, an apple isn't a meal, you need protein with it as well, and you've got 6 hours between a shake and snack,

Honestly if theres one thing I'm learning, your body is your best friend, you really want it working at it's peak metabolism wise, it's counterproductive to starve yourself you've gotta keep it going for the rest of your life, so think long term.

at 177 you won't have to try very hard. but I would definatley set yourself up so fat loss is automated, (ie you wake up do some exercise, eat every 3 hours plan it out.)

Also I would be trying to keep all the muscle (and build if possible) at 177 your going to have excess skin to deal with.

Yeah well recently im not feeling hungry (maybe its just cause of really motivated) i know that asoon as it drops off im gonna be in a world of trouble...

I'm tryin to wrap my head around this keto diet could that be an option?

now have no excuses and ive got all the time in the world (after work) to do what i got to do.
    Weight loss is a lifestyle change, you don't need 'extra' time.

Weightlifting is to preserve/increase muscle/strength. Cardio (i.e. running, etc.) is mainly a tool to increase aerobic capacity (burning calories is secondary and not that big of a deal unless it's in large amounts).

You'll get no results unless you get a diet plan you can stick to

If you have any tips or ideas that may help please post or send me a message

If you want to lose weight you need to fix your diet so that it falls within the 3 rules

Originally Posted by cornwallus View Post
    eat 6 meals a day
    Unnecessary.

an apple isn't a meal
    True.

you need protein
    True.

and you've got 6 hours between a shake and snack
    Not a issue.

Honestly if theres one thing I'm learning, your body is your best friend, you really want it working at it's peak metabolism wise, it's counterproductive to starve yourself
    True, starvation takes place after days without food not hours

(ie you wake up do some exercise, eat every 3 hours
    Unnecessary.

Yeah well recently im not feeling hungry
    Eating less is the goal but if it ends up causing you to binge then it's counterproductive. Make sure to create a diet that follows the 3 rules.

I'm tryin to wrap my head around this keto diet could that be an option?
    Generally, keto falls within the 3 rules.
    You don't start there.

Originally Posted by iDrive View Post
    Weight loss is a lifestyle change, you don't need 'extra' time.
    Yeah your right, i was just blinded and never worried /focused on my self.

Let me do some maths and tell me if im not doing it right:

Firstly 177.3KG = 390.06 Pounds.

So should i be eating 390g of protein? and to maintain i would be looking at 5K calories, obviously the goal is to lose so could i drop that to 2.5k?

legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sorry if this has been answered already but is it 1g protein per lb of lean body mass or weight (as in what the scale says?)

I'm 5'10/185/15-18% BF

I'm eating ~2047 calories 205g protein 130g carbs 83g fat

Was in very good shape a few years ago, got back into it 3 months ago and have gotten all my strength back but I want to lose some fat and get down to 175lbs. I was a little over 190 a month ago and lost 5lbs simply by eating less and doing cardio. I was losing 1.2lbs a week pretty consistently.

I just started this program a week and a half ago and have started counting calories and cut out cardio in exchange for more lifting. I lift 5 days a week: 2 days 3X5 heavy. 2 days 3X8-12. 1 day miscellaneous.

My weight has been stagnant since I started this program. At first I gained weight (i attribute that to the increased protein) and then I lost a little and overall I have been stuck at 185. I'll give it more time, but if someone could let me know how my program looks so far I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
    TYIA

JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

So should i be eating 390g of protein? and to maintain i would be looking at 5K calories, obviously the goal is to lose so could i drop that to 2.5k?
    You should eat 1 gram of protein per pound of LEAN body mass (how much you would weigh if you had no fat on your body at all), not total body weight. I would need your body fat percentage to be able to tell you exactly what your LBM is, but I'd say you should shoot for somewhere between 150-200 grams of protein per day.

As for your other question, I don't know if it's safe to drop calories by that much, but I'll let someone more qualified answer that question.

Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone put any faith in the scales to measure BMI and fat %? I got on one at Goodlife and I have a weightwatchers scale at home and they both have me at around 27% body fat which seems high.

I'm 6'5" - 221 lbs and I work out 3 days a week so I do have some muscle mass.

I've only ever had success cutting by going low-carb(down 15 lbs since New Years), but I want to have a more regular diet overall so i'm going to try the 3 rules and up my protein with some powdered shakes.

Re: Protein - See JonChimpo

Re: Calories 2.5k is fine if you can sustain it

Originally Posted by legends159 View Post
    sorry if this has been answered already but is it 1g protein per lb of lean body mass or weight (as in what the scale says?)
    Seriously?

1st post:
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.

Before:
    lost 5lbs simply by eating less and doing cardio. I was losing 1.2lbs a week pretty consistently.
    After:
    I just started this program a week and a half ago and have started counting calories and cut out cardio in exchange for more lifting.

My weight has been stagnant since I started this program.
    You cut out cardio so you're not losing at the same rate as before. You either need to adjust calories downward or add in more activity.

Originally Posted by Smoked33 View Post
    Anyone put any faith in the scales to measure BMI and fat %?
    They're garbage

I've only ever had success cutting by going low-carb(down 15 lbs since New Years), but I want to have a more regular diet overall so i'm going to try the 3 rules and up my protein with some powdered shakes.
    The 3 rules are just a guideline not a 'diet' per say. Minimum basic needs for optimal body composition. Generally, low carb diets will fall within the 3 rules
    You don't start there.

Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They're garbage
    Noted, thanks. I'll try to get a more accurate measure then to chart my progress.

Originally Posted by iDrive
    The 3 rules are just a guideline not a 'diet' per say. Minimum basic needs for optimal body composition. Generally, low carb diets will fall within the 3 rules
    Understood. I meant I just wanted to eat with variety again, but still drop some poundage Everytime I've tried calorie reduced eating in the past I've had mixed results but I think it's because I've not had the protein to sustain muscle growth...looking forward to doing this. Will post results as they happen

Dupster123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This guide is great, I'm back on my feet after an accident involving my left leg and am 2 weeks in on light weights and ready to lift heavy again.

I was wondering what would be a great exercise to substitute the leg exercises? I Cant really go back to full leg exercises for at least another 2 months.

Thanks guys,

Anyone know much about mushrooms? from what ive gathered there high fibre and good for you, but are mostly made up of water?

One thing i know is that i love mushrooms, if there is a way i can have these along side some meat and veg i think it would be a big help, but im just not sure on what level of cals/protein they take up?

Calories in Mushrooms:
    4 oz/100g = 13 calories

Im a noob so.. does that mean 100g of mushrooms is 100g of protein? surely not?

NVM found what i was looking for:
    Mushroom have 2g of protein per 100g. less than 1g of fat. THANKS :P
    Last edited by BigTiggyBoo; 02-09-2011 at 07:53 PM.

bjaen will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjaen will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjaen will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjaen will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjaen will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjaen will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjaen will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjaen will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjaen will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjaen will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjaen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Interesting... Thanks for the info!!

How bad can sodium mess with weight loss if you drink a lot of water? I've been low-carbing since Jan 4 and the only real difference this time over times in the past is that I have a thick slice of ham every morning with my eggs which of course is stupid high in sodium. Could I be retaining water weight with the increased Sodium? Most of my meat intake right now is of the frozen variety so overall my sodium intake is likely stupid high even without the ham.

Originally Posted by Dupster123 View Post
    This guide is great, I'm back on my feet after an accident involving my left leg and am 2 weeks in on light weights and ready to lift heavy again.

I was wondering what would be a great exercise to substitute the leg exercises? I Cant really go back to full leg exercises for at least another 2 months.
    If you're Rehab/PT'ing then keep doing that. Don't screw up your leg because you want to lift heavy for your ego

Thanks guys,

Anyone know much about mushrooms? from what ive gathered there high fibre and good for you, but are mostly made up of water?

One thing i know is that i love mushrooms, if there is a way i can have these along side some meat and veg i think it would be a big help, but im just not sure on what level of cals/protein they take up?

Calories in Mushrooms:
    4 oz/100g = 13 calories
    As a general rule I don't count most veggies because a lot are incidental calories and you'd have to eat a ton to make an significant difference. Obviously there are some that are more calorie dense than others.
    Looks like from what you listed 4oz of mushrooms = 13 calories. I'd suspect very little of that is protein.

Im a noob so.. does that mean 100g of mushrooms is 100g of protein? surely not?
    No, every food is made up of 3 macro nutrients Fats/Carbohydrates/Proteins you need to find out the breakdown of each food (usually in grams) and count the grams of protein in each food.

Originally Posted by Smoked33 View Post
    How bad can sodium mess with weight loss if you drink a lot of water? I've been low-carbing since Jan 4 and the only real difference this time over times in the past is that I have a thick slice of ham every morning with my eggs which of course is stupid high in sodium. Could I be retaining water weight with the increased Sodium? Most of my meat intake right now is of the frozen variety so overall my sodium intake is likely stupid high even without the ham.

Fluctuations in sodium are what cause fluctuations in water weight. If you're sodium intake is constantly the same then your water weight fluctuations will be fine but if you all of a sudden cut out sodium you could start to retain more water.

But you have to ask yourself if monitoring water weight really matters.
    You don't start there.

Fluctuations in sodium are what cause fluctuations in water weight. If you're sodium intake is constantly the same then your water weight fluctuations will be fine but if you all of a sudden cut out sodium you could start to retain more water.

But you have to ask yourself if monitoring water weight really matters.
    Nope, if it's just water I'm fine with it. I'm just trying to account for why i'm not losing as much as I normally do low-carbing. Thanks

Khmerkid704 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khmerkid704 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khmerkid704 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khmerkid704 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khmerkid704 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khmerkid704 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khmerkid704 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khmerkid704 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khmerkid704 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khmerkid704 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khmerkid704 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hello, very simple and probably dumb question to ask but, does lifting and cardio affect the calories you need to eat? Yes I know it burns calories but let's say

I need to eat 2k calories to be at my deficit but I also lift 2 times per day which burned around 600 or so calories. would I need to eat 2600 or stay at 2k? thanks.

Originally Posted by Khmerkid704 View Post
    Hello, very simple and probably dumb question to ask but, does lifting and cardio affect the calories you need to eat? Yes I know it burns calories but let's say

I need to eat 2k calories to be at my deficit but I also lift 2 times per day which burned around 600 or so calories. would I need to eat 2600 or stay at 2k? thanks.

You cannot out train a bad diet.
    You don't start there.

acedring has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thansk for the amazing post, i am going to give your routine a try, ill posts pics in a few months
    http://www.lose-weightfast.co.uk

http://www.bubblemachine.biz

Closed Thread