Closed Thread
Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148
Results 4,411 to 4,423 of 4423
    exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by notquiteoldyet View Post
    I am trying to cut maybe 5 pounds of fat... i have good muscle definition all over, but that little bit of fat covering the abs on my midsection has been impossible to lose.

I am 50yo male, - 5'-8" ; 160lbs. I work at a computer but I do travel. I spend a lot of time standing and walking when i can (standing desk too) but some days i do sit most of the day. I tend to use different video workouts to keep me motivated. Plenty of free weights at home, and currently doing Body Beast build.

My Calorie intake has been set at about 1700 calories a day, but I have been going light on the protein. I have been low carb for a long time, but that hasn't made a difference. I also have been intermittent fasting and have all my food between 11am to 7pm. I do drink one glass of red one with dinner too.

Any suggestions for calorie intake? Drop down to 1500? I am lifting weights 6 days per week. Gained strength, but if fat reduction is happening, i don't see it. Weight went up a bit, but that could be from pushing myself to lift more, and gaining some muscle mass.

PS - I am using myfitnesspal to record all my food and macros...
    As I have replied to the person above you, have you been tracking your cooking oil also?
    And do not drop to 1500 calories, 1700 is already too low. You might have increased water weight if you are taking too much sodium per day tho.

notquiteoldyet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by exclusiivity View Post
    As I have replied to the person above you, have you been tracking your cooking oil also?
    And do not drop to 1500 calories, 1700 is already too low. You might have increased water weight if you are taking too much sodium per day tho.
    Yes, recording everything... but even when i do use oil.. it is 2 tablespoons for an entire meal split between multiple people..... I am going to try upping my protein and see how that goes. I am nowhere hear 1G per lb. lean body weight.

ShaunBeezy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So if I'm 175 I'm suppose to eat 175g of protein a day???? 🙁🙁 I don't even think that's possible for me.

LordBoston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LordBoston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LordBoston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LordBoston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LordBoston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LordBoston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LordBoston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LordBoston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LordBoston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LordBoston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LordBoston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    340 6-6 43 REally want to lower weight. Don't want to gank knees jogging. What do you guys think of all carb diet durianrider style? Says eat carbs and low fat and even if eat lot calories shrink n get slim.

matthyman32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by exclusiivity View Post
    Are you cooking your food with oils? If so, are you counting those calories also?
    Yes, I literally rack everything I consume on my fitness pal. I went to get a physical to ensure nothing underlying was causing any issues.

exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by matthyman32 View Post
    Yes, I literally rack everything I consume on my fitness pal. I went to get a physical to ensure nothing underlying was causing any issues.
    You are clearly not consuming 2000 calories, since you are not losing any weight...

Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500)
    Thread worth bumping. Finally someone who gets it and said it. Calorie counting is bull****!
    How much I lift is irrelevant, it will be more tomorrow

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by wave_length View Post
    You only have to follow three simple rules:

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
    - Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.

Success is 100% guaranteed.
    Originally Posted by Mojoke View Post
    Thread worth bumping. Finally someone who gets it and said it. Calorie counting is bull****!
    What are you talking about?

Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    What are you talking about?
    Please re read wave lenghts post :

my cutting diet, here's a roundup of my method:

"I made sure to get 1g/lb LBM of daily protein in, by simply sipping on a 100g whey protein shake during the day. The rest of my protein needs were easily met with solid food. I didn't take any other supplements.

During the week the diet looked like this: In the morning I only drank a little healthy oil. I ate out for lunch, basically whatever I wanted. I only made sure to get about 50g of protein in as well as some fruits and vegetables to meet the basic nutritional requirements. I would e.g. eat at a chinese buffet, greek restaurant, etc. As far as caloric restriction goes, I went by experience. I can easily get a full stomach at lunch while still losing about 1-2lb a week. In the beginning of the diet, when I was very hungry in the evening, I ate a little snack (e.g. a banana or some ice cream). If I felt like it, I drank 1-3 glasses of red wine.

On saturday, I tried to get other foods in, which I mostly prepared myself, like eggs, multi-grain bread, steak, etc. but still trying to have the same caloric restrictions as during the week. I also again took in 100g of whey protein.

On most sundays (if I thought progress allowed it), I had no restriction on food intake at all. I ate as much and whatever I like. The only rule again was protein intake. If not met with solid food I added some whey accordingly. I also drank beer or red wine if I felt like it."

No counting was done. You go by scale weight and move from there. An extra sammie or one less

In case you still don’t get it, you can find this further in his diet progress thread:

“As far as calories go, I didn't count them on this diet, I only adjusted intake by rate of weight loss.”

No counting. It is bull****.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    lol, there is nothing new or revolutionary here.

Spontanous calorie reduction is still calorie reduction - it's just less controlled because you aren't guaranteed that your appetite or your habits will lead you to eat the right amount.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    lol, there is nothing new or revolutionary here.

Spontanous calorie reduction is still calorie reduction - it's just less controlled because you aren't guaranteed that your appetite or your habits will lead you to eat the right amount.
    I am talking about counting calories, counting...

Originally Posted by Mojoke View Post
    I am talking about counting calories, counting...
    And I'm saying it's up to you whether you prefer to leave your results to chance - or if you want to be assured of results.

I've tried both and "intuitive eating" works but it's not without it's downsides. If you want to be consistent you may find you have to eat the same thing all the time. This doesn't suit everyone - and things like social eating situations will be less easy to deal with.

Not a panacea... you haven't seen the light while everyone else languishes in ignorance.