Closed Thread
Page 14 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast
    kamikaza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikaza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikaza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikaza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikaza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikaza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikaza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikaza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikaza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikaza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikaza has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ok guys i just weighed myself after waking up
    I started on januari 3 with 96 kg's ( this was not weighed in the morning like i did this time )
    today i weighed 90 kg's

So i must lost something i guess? but i don't actually notice much lol , is my mind fking with me?

Anyway i will weigh myself every week from now on an empty stomach and should i keep doing what i'm doing now?

I'm VitaminVendetta PerpetualMotion's Avatar
    PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iDrive View Post
    First of all excellent post I wasn't advocating a McDonald's diet by any means.. the only time I touch the stuff is when I'm sauced up and my inhibitions are let go

I was just stating that by current health standards their "health" improved. 'Heath' is like 'happiness' it's measured differently by everybody.

I'm of the mind that the extreme in any context is never the 'right'.

One extreme is that food is merely energy for the body to sustain life. It doesn't need to taste especially good as long as it provides all essential nutrients. (Clean, I think, would fall here as well as probably paleo and organic nuts)

The other is that food should taste good regardless of how healthy or unhealthy, you only live once might as well die eating an 8k calorie cheeseburger.

Humans like to stimulate their senses and taste is a sense. I think food should fall smack dab in the middle of these 2 extremes.

Do you want to eat a Twinkie or a Big Mac? Go for it but you're going to have to pull it back to center somehow.

At the same time don't eat your boiled chicken and steamed broccoli and carrots if you really want a burger, indulging every once in a while is healthy.

The main point here is that there isn't 1 food or group of foods that when avoided will lead you to get lean. Likewise, there isn't 1 food that if you eat it will "send it straight to your thighs" either.

Anything in moderation is okay.
    I don't understand why you're rolling your eyes since I wasn't implying or saying that you were advocating McDonalds. Rather, I was touching on the issue that improved bloodwork implies improved overall health. I wasn't even trying to insult you or assume what you do or do not advocate. Sorry if I did imply something that might have caused the "rolled eyes."

If anything, I completely agree with you that someone should eat what they would like. Unfortunately, for noobies, their whole psychological make-up is destroyed by years of consuming processed goods and probably don't know their body at all. So, they're craving "MaDonalds" (That's how it was spelled in Sulaymaniyah, Iraq. Ha.) all the time.

Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok guys with this many meals a day plan is making me fill fat lol. I fill full all the time I fill like I'm eating too much.I feel like I ate less before I started the diet and my exercise on a normal day this is what my schedule looks like

8am wake up
    12pm to 1pm eat a hot pocket or 2.
    3pm small bag of potato chips
    Arizona tea with soda through out the dAy never any water lol
    Night would be a double quarter pounder with cheese meal.
    At night before bed a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch

Today I woke up at
    8am. English muffin with light butter and juicy juice lol
    10am. Half a bowl of cheerios with a banana
    12pm a orange
    3pm plan to eat a ham and turkey sandwich
    7pm a reg plate of homemade fajitas
    And so far today I have drank 4cups of water

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kamikaza View Post
    Ok guys i just weighed myself after waking up
    I started on januari 3 with 96 kg's ( this was not weighed in the morning like i did this time )
    today i weighed 90 kg's

So i must lost something i guess? but i don't actually notice much lol , is my mind fking with me?

Anyway i will weigh myself every week from now on an empty stomach and should i keep doing what i'm doing now?
    That's 6kg(like 12lbs) in less than a month... why not keep doing what you're doing?

Originally Posted by PerpetualMotion View Post
    I don't understand why you're rolling your eyes since I wasn't implying or saying that you were advocating McDonalds. Rather, I was touching on the issue that improved bloodwork implies improved overall health. I wasn't even trying to insult you or assume what you do or do not advocate. Sorry if I did imply something that might have caused the "rolled eyes."
    Was in reference to me getting sauced and downing a big mac. Not your comment.

If anything, I completely agree with you that someone should eat what they would like. Unfortunately, for noobies, their whole psychological make-up is destroyed by years of consuming processed goods and probably don't know their body at all. So, they're craving "MaDonalds" (That's how it was spelled in Sulaymaniyah, Iraq. Ha.) all the time.
    Yeah but when people want to lose weight they often go to the other extreme and say no "MaDonalds", no chocolate, no sweets, no carbs, no fats, no eating after 5pm and tell themselves everything they CAN'T do which is very demotivating.

[insert boil a frog anecdote here]

Originally Posted by Xinfamousxi View Post
    Ok guys with this many meals a day plan is making me fill fat lol. I fill full all the time I fill like I'm eating too much.I feel like I ate less before I started the diet and my exercise on a normal day this is what my schedule looks like

8am wake up
    12pm to 1pm eat a hot pocket or 2.
    3pm small bag of potato chips
    Arizona tea with soda through out the dAy never any water lol
    Night would be a double quarter pounder with cheese meal.
    At night before bed a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch

Today I woke up at
    8am. English muffin with light butter and juicy juice lol
    10am. Half a bowl of cheerios with a banana
    12pm a orange
    3pm plan to eat a ham and turkey sandwich
    7pm a reg plate of homemade fajitas
    And so far today I have drank 4cups of water
    Well volume wise you are eating more than you used to but calorically you're eating less.

The double quarter pounder with cheese meal alone is like 1500 cals easy and I'm going to say that you're eating that much in your whole day in #2

Which weighs more? A lb of bricks or a lb of feathers?

/end anecdote post
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

djkenetics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sooo.. we have to count calories, sounds like a pain in the ass..I like to guess my amount of calories and do cardio weights a few times a week..
    http://www.easymoneygpt.com
    Make Money Daily! Free Sign Up!

iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by djkenetics View Post
    sooo.. we have to count calories, sounds like a pain in the ass..I like to guess my amount of calories and do cardio weights a few times a week..
    Nowhere in the 3 rules is counting calories mentioned.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

fanofdean will become famous soon enough. (+50) fanofdean will become famous soon enough. (+50) fanofdean will become famous soon enough. (+50) fanofdean will become famous soon enough. (+50) fanofdean will become famous soon enough. (+50) fanofdean will become famous soon enough. (+50) fanofdean will become famous soon enough. (+50) fanofdean will become famous soon enough. (+50) fanofdean will become famous soon enough. (+50) fanofdean will become famous soon enough. (+50) fanofdean will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So it's like Paul McKenna's rules? To eat when you're hungry, and stop when you are satisfied, and don't let your mind play tricks on you? I think if you follow that, you woudn't go over your calorie intake.
    "Even the best fall down sometime"
    -Howie Day
    "I am the greatest!"
    -Cassius Clay

Starting Paleo Diet.
    9/13- 212.6
    9/20- 208.0
    9/27- 204.4
    10/4 - 200.4
    10/11 - 200.8
    Don't know why it went up; I ate well and everything. Maybe it's gaining of muscle?
    10/18
    10/25
    11/01

Goal weight of 179 by Jan 31.

JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nowhere in the 3 rules is counting calories mentioned.
    "- Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week."

How do you do that without counting?

j93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks a lot that was helpful so much

Originally Posted by fanofdean View Post
    So it's like Paul McKenna's rules? To eat when you're hungry, and stop when you are satisfied, and don't let your mind play tricks on you? I think if you follow that, you woudn't go over your calorie intake.
    Some might go over, it's very hard to lose track. Much easier to count calories until you know what xxxx amount of calories looks and feels like. But yeah, if you're good at estimating intake then you can certainly follow that train of thought.

Originally Posted by JonChimpo View Post

You'd have to really know your body and track progress via weight, calipers, measurements, mirror, etc.

Of course it's easier to count so you know exactly what to expect when you measure but not necessary.

Wave doesn't count. Look up his journals and watch his methods if you want to know more.
    You don't start there.

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JonChimpo View Post

By actually eating less
    We all come from humble beginnings.

Studies everywhere tell you everything, listen to your body instead and you'll succeed.

" So you're thinking that you're all that, and then some...man I got news for you..."

trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up !

This seems to be working.... I am noticing a difference even after just a couple of days.

In my case it wasn't soo much about changing the type of food, but rather the amount. I eat 'ok' overall, I could def do better in my food choices, however I am seeing results.

I work out a solid 5+ days per week..
    5-11" 190.6lbs Body Fat in the 17% range
    Keeping my calories sub 2k and protein in the 180+ region (little extra is fine).

I found a nifty iPhone app 'Muscle Gain' that tracks fat, protein and calories. I do have to enter most of my food myself, at least the first time, however that takes just moments.

I am also not being anal retentive, I know my numbers are off, but I also know they are off by a rough 100ish (2 cups of coffee with fat free cream and some raw sugar.. for example).

Anyhow, good stuff, RESULTS == MOTIVATION, and I am about ready to starve myself skinny ;P

Originally Posted by wave_length View Post
    You only have to follow three simple rules:
    - Workout 3 times a week with weights.
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
    - Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.
    Success is 100% guaranteed.
    Last edited by trev71; 02-02-2011 at 05:34 AM.
    --
    Knows a trial lawyer who knows how to defend himself in an online forum.

trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ya know those Chedder Cheese Pretzel Pieces that are pretty much rotten for you?

I eat a serving most every day.. A) because I have to, and B) because I am not going over my calorie goal for the day.

Eat up, work out, keep the calories in check, start shopping for new pants.

Originally Posted by AutoMechanic View Post
    according to OP, carb/fat ratio doesnt matter and i should be eating some EFAs everyday. but since EFAs help the process of losing fat, should i eat mostly EFAs after the protein caloric intake? im trying to keep carb low but need to figure out what beneficial food to eat.
    --

Cinnabus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jladuke44 View Post
    a couple links to articles below about the reasons why cardio (short of multiple hours a day) doesn't really help with fat loss:

nymag.com/news/sports/38001/

well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/04/phys-ed-why-doesnt-exercise-lead-to-weight-loss/
    Dudebro, that NYmag link is complete bunk. I was going to post a comment on it, but they make you sign up to post, so I didn't.

"WOW! What a load of bollocks this is. I have one thing to say to this rubbish article.

>Implying I'll eat whenever I'm hungry, and won't consciously portion my meals and keep track of my calories.

>Implying that Lance Armstrong is skinny because he's an ectomorph, and not a cyclist burning hundreds of calories while exercising.

Just, wow! I can not believe how misleading this article is. It completely ignores the caloric deficit needed for weight loss, and just says, "Derp, they exercised but did not lose weight!" If they had been at a deficit, they would have lost weight. It is as simple as that. These studies obviously did not bother to implement a caloric deficit, and instead studied the effects of exercise alone while letting their subjects go out and eat unattended to.

Which, of course, will not work if you eat back all the calories you lost.

This article is a sham being passed by its author in order to sell his book."
    /end

^What I was going to post.
    It's also the same issue with that second link, but at least THEY actually confessed that exercising won't lead to weight loss unless you change how you eat.

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ab work, do sit ups..you mean crunches right?

Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
    This seems to be working.... I am noticing a difference even after just a couple of days.

In my case it wasn't soo much about changing the type of food, but rather the amount.
    I eat 'ok' overall, I could def do better in my food choices, however I am seeing results.
    Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
    Ya know those Chedder Cheese Pretzel Pieces that are pretty much rotten for you?

I eat a serving most every day.. A) because I have to, and B) because I am not going over my calorie goal for the day.

Eat up, work out, keep the calories in check, start shopping for new pants.
    You guys get it. Keep it up!
    You don't start there.

Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xinfamousxi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I been on my diet going on 4 days now but today is the busiest day of the week for my family with practice for both kids so from we don't get home till about 9pm at night. Today is typically it out night and I wanted to know is there any healthy places to grab a quick bite to eat?

I been on my diet going on 4 days now but today is the busiest day of the week for my family with practice for both kids so from we don't get home till about 9pm at night. Today is typically it out night and I wanted to know is there any healthy places to grab a quick bite to eat?
    There are a bunch of phone apps and websites that will give you restaurant meal calories/fat/protein information. Poke around on the web...
    --

MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Having some super trouble on losing fat guys.. I'm gonna write up my routine, diet, age, height and weight, and if possible could one of you guys by any chance help me out with what it is I'm doing so wrong to stop my fat loss?

Thanks.. I
    "Using no way as a way, using no limitations as a limitation." - Bruce Lee

Feb 2 - 174lbs BF% - 15-16
    Mar 2 -
    Apr 2 -

I talked about this a few posts up, 'healthy' is relative to your own personal definition.

If by lowest calorie density you should look into grilled or baked lean meats such as chicken/turkey and skip or go light on sauces or add-ons. That's usually the best option at fast food but you can make anything fit.

If you know you're going to be eating out on your busy days try skipping another meal or a couple snacks to fit it.

Originally Posted by MetalJoe666 View Post
    Having some super trouble on losing fat guys.. I'm gonna write up my routine, diet, age, height and weight, and if possible could one of you guys by any chance help me out with what it is I'm doing so wrong to stop my fat loss?

Thanks.. I
    I don't need to see any of that. You're eating too much and/or not moving enough.

Write up all of that info and then compare to the first few posts.

If you don't fall within the guidelines of the first few posts then change your routine/diet to conform.
    You don't start there.

MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalJoe666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks.. I
    Yeah, sorry got sidetracked -

My diet is like this for training/lifting days:

Meal 1: 1/2 Cup oats, 4 eggs, peppers, onions and mushrooms, paprika spice.
    Meal 2: 1 scoop protein, 1 apple. Peri-WO
    Meal 3: 1 scoop of protein, 1 banana PWO
    Meal 4: 1/3C rice (precooked weighing), chicken breast w/ broccoli or cabbage w/.5tbsp butter
    Meal 5: 129g Tuna, some peppers, 0.5tbsp olive oil.
    Meal 6: 1C cottage cheese, 1.5tbsp Peanut butter/nuts or some other type of fats with some berries.

On my off/cardio days the only carbs I have other than cottage cheese are an apple and 1 slice of bread with breakfast - simply because I thought breakfast is the only meal you can have carbohydrates with...

I'm 174, 5"7 and I'm 16.

My training routine is like this:

Monday: Madcow day 1
    Tuesday: 40-50minute 6K run
    Wednesday:Madcow day 2
    Thursday: REST
    Friday: Madcow Day 1
    Saturday:Interval training or fartlek for 20 minutes
    Sunday: REST and eat whatever I want all day.

My one friend says I've cut calories too low and I'm doing too much work for the amount that I'm on and that I'm releasing a lot of cortisol.

I'm not a total beginner or anything, I've been lifting for quite a while, just stopped sometime last year to go running for the army, but I don't think I'm doing that now so I want to get back into training.

My goals are:
    Get cut, under 10%BF before 18.
    Get back up to 1.5-2xBW in Squat
    Attempt a 1.5xBW Bench
    And then bulk up slowly keeping my bodyfat down and get up to about 13% BF and stay there for a year.

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/s...A0342-Copy.jpg

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/s...4/SP_A0341.jpg

2 pics of me.. I'm guessing 15%BF.

If I've posted in the wrong are for help with fat loss, please redirect me

Thanks.
    Last edited by MetalJoe666; 02-03-2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Missed info.

Mar 2 -
    Apr 2 -

I don't need to see any of that. You're eating too much and/or not moving enough.

Write up all of that info and then compare to the first few posts.

If you don't fall within the guidelines of the first few posts then change your routine/diet to conform.
    Sorry, I didn't see this and went ahead and posted.

But I'm in a deficit, I'm just stuck at 174lbs, I was 172, but I've gone up..

Mar 2 -
    Apr 2 -

AutoMechanic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I switch from cut to bulk mode (hopefully soon!), do I instantly add 1000 calories per day (net 500 over maintenance), or should calories be added incrementally to avoid fat gain?

Sorry, I didn't see this and went ahead and posted.

But I'm in a deficit, I'm just stuck at 174lbs, I was 172, but I've gone up..
    Timeframe? Intake? Activity Level?

You're either:
    Not in a deficit
    or
    In a deficit which is being masked by water weight fluctuations.

Originally Posted by AutoMechanic View Post
    When I switch from cut to bulk mode (hopefully soon!), do I instantly add 1000 calories per day (net 500 over maintenance), or should calories be added incrementally to avoid fat gain?
    I really don't think it matters but I've never been in the situation... I'd probably go incrementally but that's just my preference/gut feeling.
    You don't start there.

Timeframe? Intake? Activity Level?

You're either:
    Not in a deficit
    or
    In a deficit which is being masked by water weight fluctuations.

I really don't think it matters but I've never been in the situation... I'd probably go incrementally but that's just my preference/gut feeling.
    Hmm, possible.

How much sleep would I require realistically? About 9 hours a night? I'm currently on about 8 sometimes 7 and half..

Mar 2 -
    Apr 2 -

Registered User SteelReserve211's Avatar
    SteelReserve211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Some help please..

I've been working out for quite some time now but unfortunately I believe I injured my left arm/shoulder from overuse on the weights. It has been about 3 weeks now and the dull achy pain is still lingering..any advice for the injury and how long it takes to heal? My main question is, do I continue to keep the protein intake up (taking my supplements) even when I not lifting weights?

Hmm, possible.

How much sleep would I require realistically? About 9 hours a night? I'm currently on about 8 sometimes 7 and half..
    What's the relevance? 8 is fine...

Originally Posted by SteelReserve211 View Post
    I've been working out for quite some time now but unfortunately I believe I injured my left arm/shoulder from overuse on the weights. It has been about 3 weeks now and the dull achy pain is still lingering..any advice for the injury and how long it takes to heal? My main question is, do I continue to keep the protein intake up (taking my supplements) even when I not lifting weights?
    You should always keep protein up.

If you injured yourself you should stop lifting and probably get it looked at nobody on an online forum can diagnose what's wrong with your shoulder.
    You don't start there.

ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not sure if this has been brought up before but if one lower's calories slowly until they get close their bmr, what then? What if they can't cut calories anymore otherwise they notice muscle loss but they still have a considerable amount of fat to lose?
    Distraction is an obstruction for the construction.

“The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultraviolence.”

Kakarot!

fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000)
    Does anyone here know when you stop losing "water weight"? Everyone is obviously different but out of curiosity, I was wondering when you surpass that water weight threshold especially with the intake of carbs. I hope this makes sense, lol.

I'm in no way going back to a low-carb diet but I was just curious.

Originally Posted by ss4vegeta1 View Post
    Not sure if this has been brought up before but if one lower's calories slowly until they get close their bmr, what then? What if they can't cut calories anymore otherwise they notice muscle loss but they still have a considerable amount of fat to lose?
    I feel like you're always posting concerned with muscle loss...

A) You can't know 100% what you're bmr is
    B) How do you know it's muscle loss as opposed to glycogen depletion/water weight loss from cutting cals/carbs
    C) If you're not willing to compromise and go under your bmr then you're pretty much just going to be stuck in limbo, recomping

Originally Posted by fni View Post
    Does anyone here know when you stop losing "water weight"? Everyone is obviously different but out of curiosity, I was wondering when you surpass that water weight threshold especially with the intake of carbs. I hope this makes sense, lol.

I'm in no way going back to a low-carb diet but I was just curious.
    The body is made up of mostly water. It's constantly fluctuating so you can't really ever know how much water you're holding at any given time. Fluctuations in carbs, salt, water consumption, perspiration, sleep etc. all have an effect. Most people when they first start dieting have come from eating in excess (mostly carbs and salty foods) so it's a lot more apparent when the volume of food, number of carbs and in addition to adding workouts in all have a bigger effect making the numbers artificially larger than probably they would have been otherwise.
    You don't start there.

Closed Thread