Closed Thread
Page 134 of 148 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,020 of 4423
    fatlosspunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatlosspunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatlosspunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatlosspunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatlosspunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatlosspunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatlosspunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatlosspunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatlosspunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatlosspunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatlosspunk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It doesn't matter what your current body fat percentage is. Protein is not very expensive, e.g. cottage cheese. 95g of protein is still better than 50g or 25g. If you're too heavy to do any strength training with your body weight, don't train until you're not that heavy anymore.

Originally Posted by kennyparker1337 View Post
    My problem with this guide is have no idea what my body fat percentage is and I have no idea, as very poor person, how to get so much protein.
    I had a lot of opportunities to each junk food loaded with carbs and forced myself to say no and ate all the protein I could find and I still only got up to 95g of protein with around 1300cal (25g of carbs and 91g of fat).
    I ate a can of tuna with lettuce just at an attempt to get my protein up.
    Everything at the store has carbs and sugar loaded in it. Meat is expensive.
    What the heck do I buy? I don't think I can survive on 15 eggs a day.

Another problem is weight lifting. How?
    I'm too poor to afford a gym membership. I saw planet fitness was only $10 a month but it requires a start up fee and another separate annual fee.
    I tried doing a body weight routine but I weigh to much to do them. I couldn't do a single pushup and I couldn't walk (literally) for about 3 days after the wall sit / lunges.

I'm working on the money problem but it will take awhile.

I currently weigh 212lb at 5'10" and have never worked out (anything worthwhile) in my life.
    I always been fat. I seriously don't even know what it's like to not get winded by a simple walk or stairs.
    I got to my worst at 265lb and decided I didn't want to become a person who couldn't even stand up / needed a motorcart just to shop, so I decided to cut and was able to get down to 240lb then 205lb and went back up to 215lb and now currently down to 212lb.
    It's hard because I don't see any success. I'm weak and still fat.

DanPrez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you very much for your advice, I lost this month, according to its five pounds, though not many, but I believe I will be more thin.

elcowboy9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elcowboy9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elcowboy9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elcowboy9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elcowboy9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elcowboy9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elcowboy9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elcowboy9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elcowboy9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elcowboy9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elcowboy9001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very informative thanks

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi guys, still alive. Second baby is on the way and I decided to work less and have more fun again, with the family and otherwise. Hope the regulars are all well and healthy.
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

Sennheiser190 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sennheiser190 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sennheiser190 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sennheiser190 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sennheiser190 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sennheiser190 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sennheiser190 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sennheiser190 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sennheiser190 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sennheiser190 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sennheiser190 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do cardio everyday for loosing fat. It works great.

Alludc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it is all fairly straight fwd. 8 mos of progress below. 6 mos of cutting (800-1000 under maintenance) a lil over 2 mos now of slight bulking (500 over maintenance). went from 262-194-205.

"flexible" dieting. 4hours a week in the gym.

pic is attached.
    Attached Images
    Summer of 14 260+lbs
    9-04-14 254lbs 30%bf
    2-12-15 197lbs 19% BF
    8-6-15 204lbs 16% BF
    9-1-15 200lbs 12%bf

sclotcotw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not sure if this is the write place but need some help. Been on and off training since high school/college but didn't get serious till I hit 270 (I'm 5'10"). In the last 28 weeks I've dropped at a healthy pace of about 1.4 lbs a week and am down to 230. I've been tracking my macros with the my fitness under armour app:
    Macros roughly fall around:
    25% Fat
    40% Carbs
    35% Protein
    Total Calories ~ 2200

All my carbs come from two slices of Ezekiel sprouted grain bread and Fruit, occacionaly brown rice.

My workouts consist of 10 min stair warm up, then either 35 mins of HIIT running (run .10 miles, walk .3, for about 3.5-4 miles) or 30 min of HIIT bike (15-20 sec full blast, 40 seconds passive pedaling)

Followed by Upperbody weights (just switched to low rep high weight in the last month to gain muscle/boost basal metabolic rate)
    Standing bicep curls, Fly cables, Deadlift, Dips, pull ups, seated incline bench with dumbels, then finish with another machine to work pecs

Next day I do lower body:
    Leg Press, Calf press, Inside thigh machine, outside thigh machine, calf press, leg extension, calf press, Then on the smith machine, Squats, then right leg one legged squat with opposite foot behind me and then switch, finish off with leg press on my back

I will usually rest the next day and only do cardio

My question is I've hit plateaus and broken through, but I seem to have hit another. I have had some cheat days during work and certainly I have had weakness probably once a week with diet, other than that I have kept incredibly strict to my diet. I guess I just want to know how long this will take to reach my goal, I am not so much concerned about my weight but obviously <195 is important.

What is hindering me the most??? Is 1 day a week cheat day on diet really bad? The lack of consistency (I've been about 8% consistent with my workouts, If I have a bad week where I skip 3 or 4 days in a row, I make sure I am there 6 days a week the next two or 3 weeks), Should I be changing the actual exercises I do in the weight room? (I changed recently the weight to reps ratio, but should the actual exercises change?_

Just want to know what you guys thinks would be best (I obviously know all would be best, but which one would you prioritize)

TL;DR
    I hit a plateau and want to know which is more important, cutting out one cheat meal a week, being 100% consistent with workouts (currently about 85% consistent) or vastly varying workouts (not just increasing weight)

dishshhubh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was aiming to loss weight by 10 pounds and got it done last week. its more about diet and how you been committed and discipline. now my next goal is to stay committed rather following any plan.

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sclotcotw View Post
    Not sure if this is the write place but need some help. Been on and off training since high school/college but didn't get serious till I hit 270 (I'm 5'10"). In the last 28 weeks I've dropped at a healthy pace of about 1.4 lbs a week and am down to 230. I've been tracking my macros with the my fitness under armour app:
    25% Fat
    40% Carbs
    35% Protein
    Total Calories ~ 2200

All my carbs come from two slices of Ezekiel sprouted grain bread and Fruit, occacionaly brown rice.

My workouts consist of 10 min stair warm up, then either 35 mins of HIIT running (run .10 miles, walk .3, for about 3.5-4 miles) or 30 min of HIIT bike (15-20 sec full blast, 40 seconds passive pedaling)

Followed by Upperbody weights (just switched to low rep high weight in the last month to gain muscle/boost basal metabolic rate)
    Standing bicep curls, Fly cables, Deadlift, Dips, pull ups, seated incline bench with dumbels, then finish with another machine to work pecs

Leg Press, Calf press, Inside thigh machine, outside thigh machine, calf press, leg extension, calf press, Then on the smith machine, Squats, then right leg one legged squat with opposite foot behind me and then switch, finish off with leg press on my back

My question is I've hit plateaus and broken through, but I seem to have hit another. I have had some cheat days during work and certainly I have had weakness probably once a week with diet, other than that I have kept incredibly strict to my diet. I guess I just want to know how long this will take to reach my goal, I am not so much concerned about my weight but obviously <195 is important.

What is hindering me the most??? Is 1 day a week cheat day on diet really bad? The lack of consistency (I've been about 8% consistent with my workouts, If I have a bad week where I skip 3 or 4 days in a row, I make sure I am there 6 days a week the next two or 3 weeks), Should I be changing the actual exercises I do in the weight room? (I changed recently the weight to reps ratio, but should the actual exercises change?_

Just want to know what you guys thinks would be best (I obviously know all would be best, but which one would you prioritize)

TL;DR
    I hit a plateau and want to know which is more important, cutting out one cheat meal a week, being 100% consistent with workouts (currently about 85% consistent) or vastly varying workouts (not just increasing weight)
    Re: TL;DR

Meals are more important than anything else.
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

Samus89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi guys, new here and to be honest in need of some desperate help. I'm currently 250.6 lbs ( not sure about body fat as i don't think it is as high as it should be cause I train, probably 30% ) and I've been trying to cut since god knows when but the most I ever got down to is 245lbs.

A friend recommended Carb nite as he had good results with this so I've started on that. On day 5 now with less than 30 Grams of carbs a day and fat accounts for at least 65% of my daily in take. I know it is too early obviously to look for any results but I've literally tried everything in the past and can't seem to drop weight.

At the minute my caloric intake is 2100 each day. I train 5 times a week, pretty intensely and always incorporating compound movements up to at least heavy sets of 5 ( bench press up to 265, deadlifts up to 405 and squats up to 295 ). I even include either LISS or HIIT for 15-20 minutes after.

Regardless of what I do though I can't drop weight and I know first thing will be that I'm not counting calories but I track them down to the T. ON my keto style diet I'm eating healthy fats, not trans or saturated and I'm getting at least 3 litres of water in a day and I don't drink soda or even diet soda.

I've probably been at these calories for at least 6 months so what could be the problem? My bodies adapted to using these calories for my expenditures or for my size am I just eating too low so my body retains water/fat? I'm frustrated to say the least and borderline depressed at the worse, when a friend of mine who is 170lbs has been cutting on 2300 calories a day. I would really appreciate some help and any advice anyone can offer.

iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Samus89 View Post
    Hi guys, new here and to be honest in need of some desperate help. I'm currently 250.6 lbs ( not sure about body fat as i don't think it is as high as it should be cause I train, probably 30% ) and I've been trying to cut since god knows when but the most I ever got down to is 245lbs.

A friend recommended Carb nite as he had good results with this so I've started on that. On day 5 now with less than 30 Grams of carbs a day and fat accounts for at least 65% of my daily in take. I know it is too early obviously to look for any results but I've literally tried everything in the past and can't seem to drop weight.

At the minute my caloric intake is 2100 each day. I train 5 times a week, pretty intensely and always incorporating compound movements up to at least heavy sets of 5 ( bench press up to 265, deadlifts up to 405 and squats up to 295 ). I even include either LISS or HIIT for 15-20 minutes after.

Regardless of what I do though I can't drop weight and I know first thing will be that I'm not counting calories but I track them down to the T. ON my keto style diet I'm eating healthy fats, not trans or saturated and I'm getting at least 3 litres of water in a day and I don't drink soda or even diet soda.

I've probably been at these calories for at least 6 months so what could be the problem? My bodies adapted to using these calories for my expenditures or for my size am I just eating too low so my body retains water/fat? I'm frustrated to say the least and borderline depressed at the worse, when a friend of mine who is 170lbs has been cutting on 2300 calories a day. I would really appreciate some help and any advice anyone can offer.
    You're eating too much or are not active enough

If you're correct and you've been accurately measuring your intake for 6 months and seeing no results then you're eating too much for your activity level. It may be less than your friend who weighs less than you but your body is not his body and your activity level is not his activity level.

The only other option is that you have a hormone issue/thyroid problem and should see a doctor. I highly doubt this though
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

Samus89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by iDrive View Post
    You're eating too much or are not active enough

If you're correct and you've been accurately measuring your intake for 6 months and seeing no results then you're eating too much for your activity level. It may be less than your friend who weighs less than you but your body is not his body and your activity level is not his activity level.

The only other option is that you have a hormone issue/thyroid problem and should see a doctor. I highly doubt this though
    I know I've been measuring my intake accurately. Even if I was underestimating slightly, surely based on working out intensely and my weight? I should be dropping weight? Either way I've dropped my calories to 1800 and I will re-evaluate after three weeks. My Macros will be

175G protein ( based on my estimated body fat, for 1g per lean pound of mass )
    100G of fat
    Which would leave 50G of Carbs

I do have a sedentary job so Imagine this will probably be a main reason. I'll also try to add some extra NEAT, such as walking etc.

Originally Posted by Samus89 View Post
    I know I've been measuring my intake accurately. Even if I was underestimating slightly, surely based on working out intensely and my weight? I should be dropping weight? Either way I've dropped my calories to 1800 and I will re-evaluate after three weeks. My Macros will be

175G protein ( based on my estimated body fat, for 1g per lean pound of mass )
    100G of fat
    Which would leave 50G of Carbs

I do have a sedentary job so Imagine this will probably be a main reason. I'll also try to add some extra NEAT, such as walking etc.
    You're probably right; theoretically should be dropping weight but theory always differs from practice.
    If something is not working then you need to change it. I would say the activity part needs to increase. Being more active throughout the day (increasing NEAT) is likely more effective than working out intensely for an hour or so IMO but doing both is the best of both worlds. Weight lifting generally does not burn as many calories as one would think
    You don't start there.

Registered User datdathcmutrans's Avatar
    datdathcmutrans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    since losing fat is about having a caloric deficit, cardio burns calories so as a whole your daily caloric intake is reduced. the alternative to that is to eat less so you have less caloric intake to begin with.

ex. your maintenance is 2500, so you target 2000 for losing fat
    intake 2500 - cardio 500 = 2000
    intake 2000 = 2000

racesmith10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) racesmith10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) racesmith10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) racesmith10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) racesmith10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) racesmith10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) racesmith10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) racesmith10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) racesmith10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) racesmith10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) racesmith10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile i found an easy way to lose weight

I want to tell that i have purchased a paleo recipe book for my mom from online. This eBook is quite effective i must say. There are a lot of different categories that my mom likes to cook everyday. She is happy so am i.Even though its a little investment but still not as much as that healthy smile on her face (its totally priceless). Here is the link if you want to take a look at that eBook.
    here is that site: bit.ly/1Lw0bvt

klozda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread (not that I've read all 134 pages.. but it started good enough lol)!
    Wanna see my personal reviews of the most popular fitness products as of today?
    Visit my site - www.klozdafitness.com - great products, honest reviews.

Lyusi86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was in the same situation as you about six months ago. I had no idea what to believe online because everything seemed to be an advertisement. I actually read a personal review about one product and it seemed like the person had great success using the product so I gave it a try. I couldn’t have been more excited about the results, as I am now 21 pounds lighter than when I first started using it. The article was very helpful to me. There are more interesting and useful articles.

SuzanMa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SuzanMa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hello,

When I want to lose weight, I order original Sibutramine from sibuworld@safe-mail.net
    The price is ok and delivery takes a few days,

CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlaMendez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hello, also new here...I don't know this is the correct place for asking this question but I need help to try to loose weight. I have reed most of the comments and they help with a lot of tips to do it, including workout etc. but the truth is I feel I need an extra boost. I have been searching for some time for a fat burner, do those help???

Lyusi86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CarlaMendez View Post
    Hello, also new here...I don't know this is the correct place for asking this question but I need help to try to loose weight. I have reed most of the comments and they help with a lot of tips to do it, including workout etc. but the truth is I feel I need an extra boost. I have been searching for some time for a fat burner, do those help???
    You can visit wellbuiltwp.com
    There are several products. I used Total Power Training and am impressed! Now I'm 21 pounds down..
    Мy girlfriend took Bikini Body Workouts. She is excited. But let's see if it will have an effect

mtzn8n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great post
    Nzbuilt https://youtu.be/Vwv7rwthcR4

MiFortyNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you

MiFortyNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes

shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice tips All beginners can visit shotgym.com , you can find there complete diets and workout plans if you want to lose your weight.
    Last edited by shotgym; 07-24-2015 at 06:24 AM.

dasmith27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, another new guy here. Currently I've been running on the treadmill, 2 weeks straight so far. I know that isn't much but it's definitely a good start for me, by now I usually have given up. I've NEVER been a weigh lifter but wanting to get myself back into shape. Right now I need to lose around 40-45lbs and at the same time I wanna get my body "tone". I definitely don't need to bulk, I'm mainly focused on shedding the pounds. What's the best exercises for me to reach this?

CreativeEvo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CreativeEvo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CreativeEvo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CreativeEvo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CreativeEvo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CreativeEvo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by sclotcotw View Post
    25% Fat
    40% Carbs
    35% Protein
    Total Calories ~ 2200

TL;DR
    Hey mate,

Here are a couple of things that may switch things up for you:

1) Try some fasted cardio in the morning for a couple of weeks if you have a chance? 10-15 mins on the rower is a great start.
    2) Increase your healthy fat intake (coconut oil, grass-fed animal fat, beans, butter, etc) and perhaps switch your macro percentage to about 35% protein, 35% fat and 30% carbs. This may help to level out your blood sugar a bit, and will also help you to satiate you a bit more.
    3) Every now and again I like to throw in a high rep day (20-25) for everything, just to shock the system a bit.

Hope these things help mate, best of luck
    Former personal trainer and passionate whole foods enthusiast. Connect with me here: http://tiny.cc/wholefoods

CreativeEvo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CreativeEvo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CreativeEvo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CreativeEvo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CreativeEvo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CreativeEvo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by dasmith27 View Post
    Ok, another new guy here. Currently I've been running on the treadmill, 2 weeks straight so far. I know that isn't much but it's definitely a good start for me, by now I usually have given up. I've NEVER been a weigh lifter but wanting to get myself back into shape. Right now I need to lose around 40-45lbs and at the same time I wanna get my body "tone". I definitely don't need to bulk, I'm mainly focused on shedding the pounds. What's the best exercises for me to reach this?
    Hey bud,

For my clients who have just started a new regime in the past, I've found the best results have come from 3 things:
    1. Fasted cardio in the morning to burn the fat
    2. High rep resistance training for 4 weeks to build a solid foundation and also keep the heart rate higher during the session
    3. A whole foods diet

Hope that helps mate, best of luck!
    Former personal trainer and passionate whole foods enthusiast. Connect with me here: http://tiny.cc/wholefoods

mrskinnyguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice thread, thank you.

Motivated now!
    internethealth.org

Hey mate,

Here are a couple of things that may switch things up for you:

1) Try some fasted cardio in the morning for a couple of weeks if you have a chance? 10-15 mins on the rower is a great start.
    2) Increase your healthy fat intake (coconut oil, grass-fed animal fat, beans, butter, etc) and perhaps switch your macro percentage to about 35% protein, 35% fat and 30% carbs. This may help to level out your blood sugar a bit, and will also help you to satiate you a bit more.
    3) Every now and again I like to throw in a high rep day (20-25) for everything, just to shock the system a bit.

Hope these things help mate, best of luck

Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kennyparker1337 View Post
    My problem with this guide is have no idea what my body fat percentage is and I have no idea, as very poor person, how to get so much protein.
    I had a lot of opportunities to each junk food loaded with carbs and forced myself to say no and ate all the protein I could find and I still only got up to 95g of protein with around 1300cal (25g of carbs and 91g of fat).
    I ate a can of tuna with lettuce just at an attempt to get my protein up.
    Everything at the store has carbs and sugar loaded in it. Meat is expensive.
    What the heck do I buy? I don't think I can survive on 15 eggs a day.

Another problem is weight lifting. How?
    I'm too poor to afford a gym membership. I saw planet fitness was only $10 a month but it requires a start up fee and another separate annual fee.
    I tried doing a body weight routine but I weigh to much to do them. I couldn't do a single pushup and I couldn't walk (literally) for about 3 days after the wall sit / lunges.

I'm working on the money problem but it will take awhile.

I currently weigh 212lb at 5'10" and have never worked out (anything worthwhile) in my life.
    I always been fat. I seriously don't even know what it's like to not get winded by a simple walk or stairs.
    I got to my worst at 265lb and decided I didn't want to become a person who couldn't even stand up / needed a motorcart just to shop, so I decided to cut and was able to get down to 240lb then 205lb and went back up to 215lb and now currently down to 212lb.
    It's hard because I don't see any success. I'm weak and still fat.
    link was here, to check your body fat

there are plenty of cheaper options for protein, nuts, soy *tofu*, eggs, turkey whether it be ground or whatever is usually cheaper by the lb then chicken or beef or pork for that matter. Tuna, like you've said. Protein powder may be a bit more cash up front, but a tub with 30 or so scoops in it, for 20$ comes out to less cost per "meal" than your tuna and lettuce.

link to protein was here

Think long term when you shop, not meal by meal. Read labels, educate yourself.

Generally speaking, when you go shopping, stick to the perimeter of the store. For the most part, everything in the rest of the aisles is loaded up w/ crap. I eat on a budget too, and luckily I can generally eat the same thing day in and day out for most of my meals, so that helps.

I've always been a bigger guy too. I'm 6'6" and currently 340..the fattest I've ever been is 405. If you can't afford a gym membership, there are plenty of body weight options you can do at home, or the park that are completely free. Get over your insecurity, and just get out there and do them. You can curl anything while you're at home. If you're watching tv, do squats during commercials, curl a rinsed out milk jug filled w/ water. (that's almost 10 lbs btw, think about doing a 50 of those several times in an hour, it adds up.) Do crunches and plank every day. Have stairs? do some incline pushups or calf raises, or leg raises every time you go up or down. Small steps turn into big journeys, but you have to start somewhere. Go for a brisk walk around your neighborhood. Turn that up a notch by walking on the curb, three steps up on it, three steps down in the gutter, repeat until you run out of curb. These are all things I've done to get me started, now i've moved on to a gym. I still can't do a single real push up, i do them on my knees when i have to do them. One day that will change, but until then, I MODIFY things to fit my situation.

If all you can do is one sit up, do one sit up every time you get up until you can do two, then do two until you can do three. Keep this up for whatever you're doing, and progress will come.

any progress is going to be slow for awhile, then you'll start seeing it. Just keep at it and don't quit, you're worth it.

If you need another big guy to talk to, my inbox is open and waiting.

(this stupid forum won't let me post links until i hit 50 posts, I'll pm this to you as well with the links in it.)
    Last edited by Jdizzlean; 07-28-2015 at 05:56 AM.
    my workout blog: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177584181&p=1588523911#post1588523911

Closed Thread
Page 134 of 148 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 ... LastLast