Closed Thread
Page 105 of 148 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 4423
    pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000)
    Congrats wave_length!

I finally ended up losing weight (1 kg) since last week. I heard if my BF is high it's safe to lose 2 lbs/week as most of it would be fat at a high BF%. But how long would it be safe to continually lose 2 lbs/week?
    TM Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145984543&highlight=pyaarawala

Texas Method -- Shredding down this body fat while maintaining strength --> Lean & mean

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pyaarawala View Post
    Congrats wave_length!

I finally ended up losing weight (1 kg) since last week. I heard if my BF is high it's safe to lose 2 lbs/week as most of it would be fat at a high BF%. But how long would it be safe to continually lose 2 lbs/week?
    Depends on your total total weight and your body fat:

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/article...-for-fat-loss/

pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
    Depends on your total total weight and your body fat:

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/article...-for-fat-loss/
    Great article! Turns out if I'm 18% body fat with 31 lbs of fat mass, the maximum deficit I can go for is a 960 calorie deficit assuming a 2700 maintenance. So the lowest I can go is 1680 calories. So I'm gonna stick with 1950 until weight loss slows and then reduce again if necessary.

One thing he mentions is using compounds to accelerate fatty acid use for energy. Basically, supplements like L-Carnitine and CLA, am I correct? I'm always gotten conflicting answers on whether or not these work or are worth the money. What do you think?
    TM Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145984543&highlight=pyaarawala

Texas Method -- Shredding down this body fat while maintaining strength --> Lean & mean

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great article! Turns out if I'm 18% body fat with 31 lbs of fat mass, the maximum deficit I can go for is a 960 calorie deficit assuming a 2700 maintenance. So the lowest I can go is 1680 calories. So I'm gonna stick with 1950 until weight loss slows and then reduce again if necessary.

One thing he mentions is using compounds to accelerate fatty acid use for energy. Basically, supplements like L-Carnitine and CLA, am I correct? I'm always gotten conflicting answers on whether or not these work or are worth the money. What do you think?
    They aren't necessary for losing fat so it is really up to you.

They aren't necessary for losing fat so it is really up to you.
    Alright then I'll probably just use that money towards more whey protein/creatine instead. Or even new basketball sneakers.

BabyNames is a name known to all. (+5000) BabyNames is a name known to all. (+5000) BabyNames is a name known to all. (+5000) BabyNames is a name known to all. (+5000) BabyNames is a name known to all. (+5000) BabyNames is a name known to all. (+5000) BabyNames is a name known to all. (+5000) BabyNames is a name known to all. (+5000) BabyNames is a name known to all. (+5000) BabyNames is a name known to all. (+5000) BabyNames is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is very helpful. I've been successful in losing weight by cutting out all animal products, too. But that along with 6x week workouts and logging everything on my phone (through an app). You just can't keep your head in the sand! As long as you know exactly what you're putting in your body, you can control it.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wave_length View Post
    Hi guys,

just wanted to let you know that my baby son was born last friday. Keeps us busy day and night.
    I'll try to answer my PMs soon.
    Congrats Wave, did he come out 5% body fat or are you going to have to get him started on a cut?

Alright then I'll probably just use that money towards more whey protein/creatine instead. Or even new basketball sneakers.
    How about some nice running shoes? We'll have the nice weather for it and running is great for burning calories. 84 days until Summer, gotta step it up!

Originally Posted by BabyNames View Post
    This is very helpful. I've been successful in losing weight by cutting out all animal products, too. But that along with 6x week workouts and logging everything on my phone (through an app). You just can't keep your head in the sand! As long as you know exactly what you're putting in your body, you can control it.
    You don't need to control what you put in your body, you just need to burn more calories than you put in your body. I love my animal products
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Jamer6940 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Frustrated

Hello I have about 10 less I'd like to lose. After following a strict 1200 calorie diet for almost a month (slightly more if I'm intensely working out that day) I can't lose a single lb! I used to be able to lose 2lbs/week no problem. Because of this I have zero motivation now and don't know what to do to get back on track. I was even using a body media fit armband to track my daily burn. And was burning between 3000-4000 calories a day! What's wring with this picture?

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jamer6940 View Post
    Hello I have about 10 less I'd like to lose. After following a strict 1200 calorie diet for almost a month (slightly more if I'm intensely working out that day) I can't lose a single lb! I used to be able to lose 2lbs/week no problem. Because of this I have zero motivation now and don't know what to do to get back on track. I was even using a body media fit armband to track my daily burn. And was burning between 3000-4000 calories a day! What's wring with this picture?
    The problem is that Body Media/Bodybuggs suck. They're pretty inaccurate from what I've seen. Plenty of people have used them trusting the device that they were in a deficit and it was obviously not the case. If you've really been CONSISTENTLY eating at that level with that level of energy expenditure I suggest a break for a few weeks. Try eating in the 1500-2000 calorie range for a bit and then try leaning out again. I find it hard to believe you wouldn't be losing mass with that intake and activity level, it's very unlikely.

By the way, ever hang out in Beloit?
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jamer6940 View Post
    If you search older threads. I've found that people faced the same issue you faced with the Bodymedia fit. They've been eating low calorie diet like you 1200. Then get the bodymedia fit and found they are burning way more than they thought like you 3000-4000 and weren't losing weight. They had to up the calories to maintenance the bodymedia fit says for 3 weeks to a month. Initially the gained weight which was water weight. But after 3 weeks to a month the water weight gain stopped and stabilized. They then started to eating at a 500-750 calorie deficit and started to lose weight again. Right now your eating at a 1800+ calorie deficit according to bodymedia

visit this thread: people talk about what you experienced
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...9275833&page=1

example quotes from the thread
    Originally Posted by spicyprice View Post
    I think it can also be a huge eye opener for those who drastically underestimated their activity. I was SURE I wasnt very active and did the calculations and came up with around 2100. I was cutting on 1600 (with a long history of eating less, etc) and losing nothing. BB(bodybugg/bodymedia) was reading 2700 on higher days and 2500 on my less active days with some days as high as 2900. It got me eating more (slowly upping cals) and I am currently 7 lbs heavier (after intentional overfeeding to upregulate hormones) but losing on 2100-2200. I would buy it again at any cost.

I wore it for a few months but dont wear it anymore because I feel like I know my activity better. I also did not try and move more to eat more and didnt freak out about how exact it was. Its another tool in the toolbox.

BTW, I could have told you that 1800 for a male of your size was pretty darn low. The fast initial fast fat loss is nice, but do it long enough and you are asking for trouble.

If I were you, I would start upping cals slowly, especially cho, and give yourself a diet break, especially if you said you have been doing this for months.
    Originally Posted by hockeytownfan View Post
    It is said to be a myth, but I has a similar occurance. I was dieting at 2000cal and stuck. Got a bmfit and it kept telling me I was burning 4500 on days I worked and did gym to as low as 3300 on days I was off work and did no gym. I jumped my cals (too fast) up to 3200/day. Gained six pounds in three weeks but then started losing. Still losing on 3200-3500 cals day. I have found that if I taylor each day to bodymedia readings, I have to have a deificity of 750 to the body media readings to lose 1lb/week. so, it's fairly accurated, and I have a good ajustment calibration.
    Originally Posted by mtruitt76 View Post
    I had a period where I was not having cutting on 2200 cals and not losing weight for a 4 week period. I got a bodybugg and it had me at a 3200 cal for maintenance with less of a work out load than the 4 weeks I was cutting. I began eating according to the bodybugg reading and after an initial jump in weight, I began losing weight while eating 2700-2900according cals.

I eventually hit my target weight I was trying to reach at 2200 cals by eating 2700-2900 cals. Not sure what to make or my inability to lose weight while eating 2200 cals over a 4 week period, but I have found when I eat below the readings of the bodybugg I lose weight.
    Starting Weight: 190.4 lbs

| 3/02: 190 lbs | 3/09: 188 lbs | 3/16: 183 lbs | 3/23: 180 lbs | 3/30: 178 lbs | MARCH LOSS: 12lbs
    | 4/06: --- lbs | 4/13: --- lbs | 4/20: --- lbs | 4/27: --- lbs | APRIL LOSS: ??
    | 5/04: --- lbs | 5/11: --- lbs | 5/18: --- lbs | 5/25: --- lbs | MAY LOSS: ??

TOTAL LOSS:

Those people speak of only WEIGHT it seems. Just because you're not losing weight doesn't mean you're not losing muscle/fat. If you've read what occurred in the Minnesota Starvation Experiment and how the laws of thermodynamics worked you wouldn't buy into those posts in the sense that nothing is happening. When you expend energy you expend energy. You can't do work without using any energy. The energy MUST come from somewhere. Personally I've cut harder and faster with greater activity than most people and have never seen a stall ever. I don't use a scale though, that's probably what my problem is.

jaimeg123prmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I see some of you are getting impatient with the weight loss.. I don't really worry too much if I don't lose weight in a week or two. I drop 300 calories every month in a half. I have lost 23 pounds since November. Also, it is easier to get leaner as you put on more muscle.

6 Weeks into my cut using these rules and I'm definitely seeing results. Any idea what BF% I'm at? My goal is to get to 10% before going on a nice slow-bulk.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...psd181bc30.jpg
    http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps82dcd236.jpg
    http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps13bbf1ec.jpg

All are relaxed. Yeah I know the lighting sucks.

6 Weeks into my cut using these rules and I'm definitely seeing results. Any idea what BF% I'm at? My goal is to get to 10% before going on a nice slow-bulk.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...psd181bc30.jpg
    http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps82dcd236.jpg
    http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps13bbf1ec.jpg

All are relaxed. Yeah I know the lighting sucks.
    Probably around 20% or more, the number doesn't matter either way. If you're too fat for your own liking then you're too fat. Being some number isn't going to change what you feel you need to do.

Registered User scissrm3timbers's Avatar
    scissrm3timbers is on a distinguished road. (+10) scissrm3timbers is on a distinguished road. (+10) scissrm3timbers is on a distinguished road. (+10) scissrm3timbers is on a distinguished road. (+10) scissrm3timbers is on a distinguished road. (+10) scissrm3timbers is on a distinguished road. (+10) scissrm3timbers is on a distinguished road. (+10) scissrm3timbers is on a distinguished road. (+10) scissrm3timbers is on a distinguished road. (+10) scissrm3timbers is on a distinguished road. (+10) scissrm3timbers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey everyone, been a member for about a month now. Long time lurker when I found Loosing Fat for Noobs II and it changed my life. I was trying P90x and failing miserably. Mostly because of the diet and I couldn't eat the food I wanted to, which then resulted in failing on the workouts as I would be hard on myself because of not hitting the diet and so continued the viscious cycle and me gaining weight. I hit my heaviest weight in September-October 2012 ~200lbs for 5'10" and then found this thread and read the entire thing + the original and it seemed too simple! I got down to 185 in the middle of December and then there was the holidays/vacation early January and I was back up to 196. As of today I am 183, down 17lbs from my heaviest and am continuing to lose weight and have joined the APR-JUL fat loss competition to hopefully be in shape for my vacation in July! Just wanted to thank wave_length, th3pwn3r, IDrive for all of their input and knowledge.
    [ ] Bulking [X] Cutting (Forever)

Highest Weight - 200 - 1/1/13
    Lowest Weight - 153 - 3/17/14
    Current Weight - 184.4 - 6/13/17

vlad11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vlad11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vlad11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vlad11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vlad11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vlad11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vlad11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vlad11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vlad11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vlad11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vlad11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by scissrm3timbers View Post
    Hey everyone, been a member for about a month now. Long time lurker when I found Loosing Fat for Noobs II and it changed my life. I was trying P90x and failing miserably. Mostly because of the diet and I couldn't eat the food I wanted to, which then resulted in failing on the workouts as I would be hard on myself because of not hitting the diet and so continued the viscious cycle and me gaining weight. I hit my heaviest weight in September-October 2012 ~200lbs for 5'10" and then found this thread and read the entire thing + the original and it seemed too simple! I got down to 185 in the middle of December and then there was the holidays/vacation early January and I was back up to 196. As of today I am 183, down 17lbs from my heaviest and am continuing to lose weight and have joined the APR-JUL fat loss competition to hopefully be in shape for my vacation in July! Just wanted to thank wave_length, th3pwn3r, IDrive for all of their input and knowledge.
    Hey, don't do these X months challenges. They will not help. You need to make this a new lifestyle and keep doing it until you are satisfied with what you see in the mirror (not on the scale), like th3Pwn3r says above. I personally lost 26lbs this year and currently am at a new low in my weight in 7-8 years, yet I'm gonna do it until i am satisfied with how I look.

Good luck!

FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by vlad11 View Post
    Hey, don't do these X months challenges. They will not help. You need to make this a new lifestyle and keep doing it until you are satisfied with what you see in the mirror (not on the scale), like th3Pwn3r says above. I personally lost 26lbs this year and currently am at a new low in my weight in 7-8 years, yet I'm gonna do it until i am satisfied with how I look.

Good luck!
    What is wrong with a the challenge? Its no magic solution, but surrounding yourself with other people who can teach and motivate you is hardly a BAD idea. The motivation ultimately comes from within of course.
    BLUE TEAM!

April 1st- July 1st cutting progress
    Starting Weight:
    | 3/31: 350 |
    | 4/07: 347.6 | 4/14: 348.2 | 4/21: ___ | 4/28: ___ |LOSS: ___ |
    | 5/05: ___ | 5/12: ___ | 5/19: ___ | 5/26: ___ |LOSS: ___ |
    | 6/02: ___ | 6/09: ___ | 6/16: ___ | 6/23: ___ | 6/30: ___ |
    | TOTAL LOSS: 2.4 |

Originally Posted by scissrm3timbers View Post
    Good work so far. The ability to keep pushing forward is what separates some from others. Many people will slow down or get lazy(for lack of a better word) and that will be that. Those who keep pushing forward and keep working at it with patience will display it with their physique.

Originally Posted by vlad11 View Post

Good luck!
    I don't really think there's anything wrong with doing challenges and such, sometimes competition makes others improve. Most members here do them to help keep themselves accountable.

Originally Posted by FourHundred View Post
    What is wrong with a the challenge? Its no magic solution, but surrounding yourself with other people who can teach and motivate you is hardly a BAD idea. The motivation ultimately comes from within of course.
    Nothing really wrong with them in my opinion BUT if you don't do too great it can be that much more damaging which is a bit of a downside.

scarbz21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What is better for low carb dieting HIIT or LISS? am i doing more damage burning muscle away doing hiit low carb? the only carbs i have are a cup of oatmeal in am, 1/2 cup brown rice pm, 6oz sweet potato 3-4 hours before workout.

Use trial and error. Do what you prefer. Personally I wouldn't worry about doing more damage to my muscles, I've run some serious deficits and my losses in mass don't seem like I'm losing 50% from muscle. From your weight you probably have enough fat to provide you with plenty of energy BUT I'm assuming you're not that lean. Why are you low carb dieting anyways?

Forte3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forte3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forte3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forte3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forte3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forte3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Forte3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread!

I can't wait to start seeing some results. I know I definitely feel so much better now that I'm working out!

isacote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) isacote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) isacote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) isacote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) isacote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) isacote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) isacote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) isacote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) isacote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) isacote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) isacote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Thumbs up Great

It's great the way you broke everything down. There is no reason for someone not to have success if they keep their mind.

scarbz21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    Use trial and error. Do what you prefer. Personally I wouldn't worry about doing more damage to my muscles, I've run some serious deficits and my losses in mass don't seem like I'm losing 50% from muscle. From your weight you probably have enough fat to provide you with plenty of energy BUT I'm assuming you're not that lean. Why are you low carb dieting anyways?
    I do have extra fat for sure. Im cutting to possibly do a show this fall. But honestly to get cut for summer to be in the best shape ive ever been. i workout on 3 day split right now at 5pm and do cardio on off days. i was looking to see how HIIT effects low carb diet and if its ok.

You're probably better off taking a slower approach and doing a show next year. Of course you can possibly be show ready around fall but if you just bounce back it's not really worth it in my opinion. I would just cut at a decent rate and eat tasty carbs if I were you.

goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wave_length View Post
    You only have to follow three simple rules:

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
    - Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.
    Thank you for sharing. I'm a bit confused. help me understand cause I want to start cutting.

Here is my numbers:
    current weight: 175
    body fat: 16%
    lean body mass: 147lbs
    calorie intake to maintain 175: 2358 calories

goals:
    I want to start cutting to see how i look smaller size and ripped, with abs.
    body fat:8%
    weight: not sure yet, depends on how much i need to lose to get to 8% body fat.
    look: muscles and ripped

I can follow the workout plan to maintain muscles form

here is my questions:

1. To reduce 1lb per week, I need to reduce my daily calorie intake to 1800,correct? I will research the forms for the right foods to eat.

2. Do I need to eat/drink 147g of protein per day and take in 1800 calories per day? Or is the 147g of protein is included in the 1800 calorie diet? In other words should I make sure 147g of protein is included in the 1800 calories I eat per day or is the 147g additional?

3. Can I start doing abs workout now, or wait til body fat god down?

Thank you and I hope I make sense.

Originally Posted by scarbz21 View Post
    What is better for low carb dieting HIIT or LISS? am i doing more damage burning muscle away doing hiit low carb? the only carbs i have are a cup of oatmeal in am, 1/2 cup brown rice pm, 6oz sweet potato 3-4 hours before workout.
    LISS:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...nt-part-1.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...nt-part-2.html

Originally Posted by goodoboy25 View Post
    Thank you for sharing. I'm a bit confused. help me understand cause I want to start cutting.

Here is my numbers:
    current weight: 175
    body fat: 16%
    lean body mass: 147lbs
    calorie intake to maintain 175: 2358 calories

goals:
    I want to start cutting to see how i look smaller size and ripped, with abs.
    body fat:8%
    weight: not sure yet, depends on how much i need to lose to get to 8% body fat.
    look: muscles and ripped

I can follow the workout plan to maintain muscles form

here is my questions:

1. To reduce 1lb per week, I need to reduce my daily calorie intake to 1800,correct? I will research the forms for the right foods to eat.

2. Do I need to eat/drink 147g of protein per day and take in 1800 calories per day? Or is the 147g of protein is included in the 1800 calorie diet? In other words should I make sure 147g of protein is included in the 1800 calories I eat per day or is the 147g additional?

3. Can I start doing abs workout now, or wait til body fat god down?

Thank you and I hope I make sense.
    1. Yes
    2. You need to make sure your 1800 cal diet has a least 147g of protein
    3. Yes do them now.

Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Everyone! I want to let you you know that the three rules are awesome! That is all I have been following and I'm making great progress. I've been cutting for 3 months now, I'm not sure what my starting weight was i think it was around 180-185lbs. I'm also not sure what my bf% but I'm the most shredded i've ever been. I still plan on cutting for one more month Wave I wanna thank you so much, I've been following your logs and yes I actually read every page it was entertaining (love the food porn btw). Wave's rules really work and I have found that the food I eat does not affect my body compostion at all. To those who may doubt, don't over complicate it it really is that simply. Have a great day everyone!

goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goodoboy25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2. You need to make sure your 1800 cal diet has a least 147g of protein
    Thank you for responding.

To include 147g of protein in my 1800 cal diet, what type of food can I add. I am searching, but its tuff to find foods to eat that gives that many protein in one day.

Also, as my weight drop, do I adjust the protein intake according to body fat drop?

Thank you.

Originally Posted by Griffin220x View Post
    Hey Everyone! I want to let you you know that the three rules are awesome! That is all I have been following and I'm making great progress. I've been cutting for 3 months now, I'm not sure what my starting weight was i think it was around 180-185lbs. I'm also not sure what my bf% but I'm the most shredded i've ever been. I still plan on cutting for one more month Wave I wanna thank you so much, I've been following your logs and yes I actually read every page it was entertaining (love the food porn btw). Wave's rules really work and I have found that the food I eat does not affect my body compostion at all. To those who may doubt, don't over complicate it it really is that simply. Have a great day everyone!
    Thanks for sharing your sucess story. I am planning to start on Friday, just getting food preparation and planning.

How did you add all the protein within your cal diet?

Closed Thread