DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Popped my Knee Out

This Saturday I was in my basement and tripped over something and my leg like bent sideways and I felt my knee pop out and back in as I fell over. A few hours later it swelled up immensely. and I could not bend it or walk at all. Went to a physiotherapist on monday and they gave me some exercises to do, they said i "probably" didnt tear my acl and they didnt give me xrays saying it doesnt seem important and its too swollen. Its now thursday and the swelling has barely gone down, I can hobbil around without crutches now but I still cannot sleep or get comfortable because of the constant pain. Anyone else have or know about stuff like this, its been almost a full week and I still cant sleep or workout.

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ JDkeystone's Avatar
    JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's gonna take awhile. I did the same thing mid-July (gym accident), and had the exact same symptoms as you described. Had to do a few months of physio and pretty much no working out while it was healing (and was in CONSTANT pain the whole time). In total, it took about 3 months before most of the residual swelling disappeared and I could finally start walking pain-free and without that feeling of instability. I also just recently was able to start squatting and doing lunges again, and am now trying to do light jogging in very short intervals (so as not to over-stress my knee).

Just rest your knee for the time being and do lots of icing. Also be sure to stay on top of your physio exercises (they definitely sped up my recovery a lot). But yeah, just be prepared for it to take up to several months before your knee starts to feel anywhere close to normal again; it's a brutal injury to come back from. Good luck!
    RIP Slash_ aka Tim- 06/28/1989 - 02/08/2013 <3

~Forever On Spread Because I don't Use My 5 a Day Like I Used To crew~

PieWheatley is just really nice. (+1000) PieWheatley is just really nice. (+1000) PieWheatley is just really nice. (+1000) PieWheatley is just really nice. (+1000) PieWheatley is just really nice. (+1000) PieWheatley is just really nice. (+1000) PieWheatley is just really nice. (+1000) PieWheatley is just really nice. (+1000) PieWheatley is just really nice. (+1000) PieWheatley is just really nice. (+1000) PieWheatley is just really nice. (+1000)
    You sound like you have definitely dislocated your patella (knee cap).

What you need to do it continue physio, you need to regain your range of motion and gradually regain your strength. Get on an exercise bike (if you have the knee flexion range), and continue with PT.

Take some anti inflammatories for the knee and ice it after ex's.

Initially you want to be doing static quads exercises, straight leg raises and quads over fulcrum, as well as side lying hip abdiction.

Once you have pretty good range you want to start doing things such as ex bike, half squats (bodyweight), gentle leg press, single leg calf raises, single leg bridging etc.

take it slowly..

DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also no matter how hard I try I cannot flex my quad muscle