shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Inner Shoulder Pain from Tricep Exercises

Whenever I do isolated tricep exercises I get a very sharp pain in both of my inner shoulders. This can be felt at the end of a set of tricep pulldowns (with separation at the end of each rep), dips, and many chest exercises that also work my triceps. Any advice would be great because it has really been slowing me down.
    Hold up. Wait a minute. Put a little LOVE in it.

“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you may be using too much weight. The extra weight is making your shoulders do a lot of the work. Lowere the weight and use strict form.

This was a problem I had many year ago also.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    you may be using too much weight. The extra weight is making your shoulders do a lot of the work. Lowere the weight and use strict form.

This was a problem I had many year ago also.
    I feel the pain even with very low weight.

“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by shawkner View Post
    I feel the pain even with very low weight.
    If it hurts when you bench then it's probablt a rotator cuff strain. You'll need to take time off and rest it. There is no way to train around it if this is the problem. Some people say you can but it just prolongs the healing and can actually cause more problems depending on the severity of the injury. When I had RC issues the only thing that worked was doing zero upper body work and no squats because of the position of your shoulders on the bar.

You have to be very careful when shoulder problems or discomfort arise.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

My mesomorph has awakened GreaseMark's Avatar
    GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    If it hurts when you bench then it's probablt a rotator cuff strain. You'll need to take time off and rest it. There is no way to train around it if this is the problem. Some people say you can but it just prolongs the healing and can actually cause more problems depending on the severity of the injury. When I had RC issues the only thing that worked was doing zero upper body work and no squats because of the position of your shoulders on the bar.

You have to be very careful when shoulder problems or discomfort arise.
    Excellent advice, beginning to end! The only thing I would add is to ice it for a few days to reduce any inflamation that may be in there.

Originally Posted by GreaseMark View Post
    Excellent advice, beginning to end! The only thing I would add is to ice it for a few days to reduce any inflamation that may be in there.
    It's been bothering me for a couple of years now. I had an x-ray done a couple of months ago and the doctor said there wasn't anything wrong with it.

My mesomorph has awakened GreaseMark's Avatar
    GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shawkner View Post
    It's been bothering me for a couple of years now. I had an x-ray done a couple of months ago and the doctor said there wasn't anything wrong with it.
    X-rays don't always show everything, especially w/shoulders. MRI's show much more. If it's been going on this long, whatever it is that's wrong isn't going to just go away. If it's stopping you from working out the way you want to, and keeping you from doing other things you want to, it's time to see an orthopiedic surgeon who specializes in shoulders.

michaely90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry for the massive bump but I didnt want to start a new thread on this as I have the exactly the same issue with only certain tricep/shoulder excercies.

I used to be fine doing tricep pull downs years ago. I hadnt been to a gym for about 3 years and joined again and now I get this pain when doing them so not sure rest seems to be the answer. The most pain is when you let go at the end off the set and takes a few seconds to go away.

Just wondered if there was ever a conclusion to this and you found out what it was as it would help me out trying to work out what it is and how recover from it.

MrBananaHead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Old thread, but hey just what i was looking for..
    I get d same pains but only from my right shoulder ( front part ). I can do chest exercises with bit of pain but no pain at all most of the times when I press my traps together as i do it. Shoulder exercises are no bother at all, no pain.. the only thing that triggers it is when my arm is like hanging down in a certain position or when doing triceps pushdowns and chest exercises when i don't press the traps together. ( ill say again, chest exercises are 90% fine most of the times unless i forget to squeeze the traps )..

MrBananaHead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bumpy lol