Closed Thread
    onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1st Phorm and Supplement Superstores

Ive been doing some reading and i can tell that the Supplement Superstores Push real hard for 1st Phorm products.

Ive heard that they are linked together.

Does anyone have any facts on this.

Thanks
    Trying to get huge...

Current Lifts
    Bench - 335 : 1
    Squat - 365 : 6
    Deadlift - 315 : 14

askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Huh?
    #******* Crew#
    -******* mod

onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebadyfz450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by onebadyfz450 View Post

Whats hard about this question?
    Trying to get huge...

Current Lifts
    Bench - 335 : 1
    Squat - 365 : 6
    Deadlift - 315 : 14

klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whats hard about this question?
    I'd like to know this as well. Each time I'm in the store, I can tell there's a link between the two.

Great products though!

klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by askem View Post
    Huh?
    1st Phorm is a St. Louis, MO based company that is sold at a regional supplement store called Supplement Superstores.

cbh81390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I shop at S2 (supplement superstore) and noticed that from the first day I walked in... At first it pissed me off, but then I tried the stuff and it worked. I used 1st Phorm's Phormula 1 protein with Ignition and it did wonders for strength gains and overall physique. So then I just said **** it, if there is a connection why do I care the stuff works. As well, both of the companies are based out of St. Louis, which is where I live... Why not support a local company or two?

Non-Famous Non-Scientist koard31's Avatar
    koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes they are "together" meaning that they have common ties in ownership.

I won't comment on the products themselves as I have only tried 1 or 2 and had no negative or overly positive results.

The prices at S2 are what keep me going there. It's nice to see a local store have comparable prices to online sites, and I like to support local business where I can.
    A fan of not overthinking.

KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by cbh81390 View Post
    I shop at S2 (supplement superstore) and noticed that from the first day I walked in... At first it pissed me off, but then I tried the stuff and it worked. I used 1st Phorm's Phormula 1 protein with Ignition and it did wonders for strength gains and overall physique. So then I just said **** it, if there is a connection why do I care the stuff works. As well, both of the companies are based out of St. Louis, which is where I live... Why not support a local company or two?
    This. Even if they have the same owner like the guy below said they make great products. S2 honestly just tries to give you the best stuff they can give whether it be 1st phorm or anything else that is good. Also how i heard about Muscle Fortress which is also a great company

MondayNgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a fan of both SS and 1st Phorm, the second especially as they seem to care about what they do and I like supporting local business anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if they had a working agreement, though it's interesting how much more expensive 1st Phorm products are on their website than at SS. Anyway, it's not that much more expensive than crap like Muscle Milk at regular stores, so the price isn't a big deal to me.

lilstevey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1st phorm and s2

I used to shop at S2 religiously. The firs time I walked in I was blown away by the knowledge the guy had, and the products he recommended all seemed great. I guess this past summer they kicked off a big advertising campaign here in STL, which is cool for them and their business, and I'm seeing a bunch of guys walking around with 1st Phorm shirts and ****, but more and more I started realizing that they really just push 1st phorm (because it is their ow brand developed by the company's owner), and God forbid you wanna check out something from Optimum, or BSN, etc... I mean, 1st Phorm is ok, I've used a lot of their products, but it is kinda pricey, speically for the serving sizes (notably the Phormula-1), and I will say that personally it is far from the best protein supplement I've tried. Not to sound like a douche but I'm no beginner in the strength training world, and I would like to think I know some stuff about it, but I have for sure been told some bull **** from some of the salesman. Again, not to be asswhole, and really who cares what some guy like me thinks, but overall I had been shoping at S2 for a couple years before they started getting popular, and thought they were a no bull **** place and just wanted to help you achieve YOUR personal goals, but it seems like they just push their own product line, which are expensive.

Originally Posted by MondayNgt View Post
    I'm a fan of both SS and 1st Phorm, the second especially as they seem to care about what they do and I like supporting local business anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if they had a working agreement, though it's interesting how much more expensive 1st Phorm products are on their website than at SS. Anyway, it's not that much more expensive than crap like Muscle Milk at regular stores, so the price isn't a big deal to me.

KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMac636 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by lilstevey View Post
    I used to shop at S2 religiously. The firs time I walked in I was blown away by the knowledge the guy had, and the products he recommended all seemed great. I guess this past summer they kicked off a big advertising campaign here in STL, which is cool for them and their business, and I'm seeing a bunch of guys walking around with 1st Phorm shirts and ****, but more and more I started realizing that they really just push 1st phorm (because it is their ow brand developed by the company's owner), and God forbid you wanna check out something from Optimum, or BSN, etc... I mean, 1st Phorm is ok, I've used a lot of their products, but it is kinda pricey, speically for the serving sizes (notably the Phormula-1), and I will say that personally it is far from the best protein supplement I've tried. Not to sound like a douche but I'm no beginner in the strength training world, and I would like to think I know some stuff about it, but I have for sure been told some bull **** from some of the salesman. Again, not to be asswhole, and really who cares what some guy like me thinks, but overall I had been shoping at S2 for a couple years before they started getting popular, and thought they were a no bull **** place and just wanted to help you achieve YOUR personal goals, but it seems like they just push their own product line, which are expensive.
    Funny because while yes they do sell 1st phorm alot i have been told many other products are good. Ast vp2 beverly and others. You have one post and got here to talk crap obviously. Great company none the less i have had great gains from their products

BoulderJD10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I run into the same thing each time. I went in today to buy some protein after finishing a 5lb container of Dymatize. Since I'm determined to lean out, I'm open to suggestions and walked out with a container of Level-1. If i get better results (and I was satisfied with the results from Dymatize for the record), then I'll buy more plus some Ignition. I asked them if they are told to pitch the products. The guy, who is generally a cool guy, didn't answer the question directly. He responded, instead, with saying that he wanted me to walk out with the best product possible. If that turns out to be the case with the Level-1, then I'll be happy to buy some each time I go there. I'll let you know what I think and post a better picture with the results.

BoulderJD10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BoulderJD10 View Post
    I run into the same thing each time. I went in today to buy some protein after finishing a 5lb container of Dymatize. Since I'm determined to lean out, I'm open to suggestions and walked out with a container of Level-1. If i get better results (and I was satisfied with the results from Dymatize for the record), then I'll buy more plus some Ignition. I asked them if they are told to pitch the products. The guy, who is generally a cool guy, didn't answer the question directly. He responded, instead, with saying that he wanted me to walk out with the best product possible. If that turns out to be the case with the Level-1, then I'll be happy to buy some each time I go there. I'll let you know what I think and post a better picture with the results.
    Just did some research on the Missouri Secretary of State web site. Two out of the three owners of 1st Phorm are also the owners of Supplement Superstore. Their products may be the best they sell, but IMO, it's more likely that they use the store to sell primarily their products. Discovering this makes me think less of their sales pitch for Level-1 and their criticism of other proteins like ON Gold Standard.

Originally Posted by BoulderJD10 View Post
    Just did some research on the Missouri Secretary of State web site. Two out of the three owners of 1st Phorm are also the owners of Supplement Superstore. Their products may be the best they sell, but IMO, it's more likely that they use the store to sell primarily their products. Discovering this makes me think less of their sales pitch for Level-1 and their criticism of other proteins like ON Gold Standard.
    I've known this for awhile. They are very open about this in fact i have acrually asked them personally they won't lie about it. They own but but they are seperate companies. 1st phorm is sold in other small shops also. I just love their products honestly could care a less if it's the same owners i have seen great results from them.

elite3847 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    went into s2 yesterday about to buy some oxyelite pro and the guy started to push some 1-db overdrive on me. he gave me a 2 day free sample, which i will start tomorrow. but he wasnt overly pushy. he even told me if i dont like it, i can always come back and buy the oxyelite.

but if the free samples work, then i will have no problem buying it. even tho im from KC and the company is based just outside of st. louis lol.

rgeorge9260 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah. I went to S2 to buy some Gold Standard Whey in the 5.5lb size. Great price at $38. The sales guy there, while seemingly knowledgable, immediately began bad mouthing GS Whey, and pushing PHORM-1 products. He kept telling me how you don't know the quality in the GS Whey, and what temperature they treat the whey to evaporate liquid, though GS will tell you it's "low temp treated". The guy also said "Look, PHORM-1 products are FDA approved. You KNOW what goes into them, and that they are not BS, and they are top quality. Sure, it costs more ($39.99 for a 2 lb tub!), but it's worth it". I got the pitch that it is also "pre-digested", and is easier and faster for your body to assimilate. I walked out with a tub of the stuff, but have yet to open it. I immediately came home and began researching. From what I can tell, MOST think the hype on PHORM-1 is bull, and that GS Whey is perfectly good stuff. I know I have used GS Whey, and I have been really happen with my gains since starting on it (just finishing my first 5.5 tub). The guy at S2 tells me I'm only getting like 12g of protein from each serving / scoop of GS whey, as it's not pure, but the tub says I get 24g of protein in a serving. He also tells me the PHORM-1 protein (it's like sustained action, or something) gives me like 90% protein, so if I'm supposed to be getting 24g in a serving, that is what I'm getting. So, can anyone tell me if this is total BS? I live in Saint Louis, and personally, I could give a rip about supporting a local company or not. What I care about is buying a good quality product at a reasonable price. If PHORM-1 protein is truly worth it, and makes me feel better, or gives me more gains, then I'm willing to spend more on it, but from what I seem to be reading here, most who have tried it say it is no better / makes no difference in the way they feel, or the gains they have gotten. I'm contemplating returning the stuff, and just buying my GS Whey instead. Thoughts? Thanks, all.

pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pigpen75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by rgeorge9260 View Post
    Yeah. I went to S2 to buy some Gold Standard Whey in the 5.5lb size. Great price at $38. The sales guy there, while seemingly knowledgable, immediately began bad mouthing GS Whey, and pushing PHORM-1 products. He kept telling me how you don't know the quality in the GS Whey, and what temperature they treat the whey to evaporate liquid, though GS will tell you it's "low temp treated". The guy also said "Look, PHORM-1 products are FDA approved. You KNOW what goes into them, and that they are not BS, and they are top quality. Sure, it costs more ($39.99 for a 2 lb tub!), but it's worth it". I got the pitch that it is also "pre-digested", and is easier and faster for your body to assimilate. I walked out with a tub of the stuff, but have yet to open it. I immediately came home and began researching. From what I can tell, MOST think the hype on PHORM-1 is bull, and that GS Whey is perfectly good stuff. I know I have used GS Whey, and I have been really happen with my gains since starting on it (just finishing my first 5.5 tub). The guy at S2 tells me I'm only getting like 12g of protein from each serving / scoop of GS whey, as it's not pure, but the tub says I get 24g of protein in a serving. He also tells me the PHORM-1 protein (it's like sustained action, or something) gives me like 90% protein, so if I'm supposed to be getting 24g in a serving, that is what I'm getting. So, can anyone tell me if this is total BS? I live in Saint Louis, and personally, I could give a rip about supporting a local company or not. What I care about is buying a good quality product at a reasonable price. If PHORM-1 protein is truly worth it, and makes me feel better, or gives me more gains, then I'm willing to spend more on it, but from what I seem to be reading here, most who have tried it say it is no better / makes no difference in the way they feel, or the gains they have gotten. I'm contemplating returning the stuff, and just buying my GS Whey instead. Thoughts? Thanks, all.
    Its great stuff and tastes great. Theres a million different oppions on here. Since you already have a tub of it in your house, then why not use it til its gone and formulate your own oppinion?
    Couture
    Wanderlai
    BJ
    Faber
    Hendo

Originally Posted by rgeorge9260 View Post
    Just give it a try man. I have used it for years now and trust me i notice a difference man. I even use their ignition with it makes me way less sore and i feel better overall using the stuff. I used to also use Gold standard. I'd say atleast give it a try see what you think

JamesJNewton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just went to S2 for the first time today. The guy seemed to be a cool guy. But I was intending on buying a different whey protein and he talked me into trying this one. I won't bad mouth till I know if it works for me or not. But he definitely pushed that product and the ignition really hard and kept claiming that everyone that worked there was certified in this or that and that he didn't make commission on what he sold so he just wanted me to get the best product. He was a cool dude and let me try the product before hand and stuff, but until I try this and it fails, I'll take his word.

SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JamesJNewton View Post
    Just went to S2 for the first time today. The guy seemed to be a cool guy. But I was intending on buying a different whey protein and he talked me into trying this one. I won't bad mouth till I know if it works for me or not. But he definitely pushed that product and the ignition really hard and kept claiming that everyone that worked there was certified in this or that and that he didn't make commission on what he sold so he just wanted me to get the best product. He was a cool dude and let me try the product before hand and stuff, but until I try this and it fails, I'll take his word.
    They probably have quotas they need to meet...heard horror stories how pushy they can be. Saw product online didn't really scream wow for me

Both lean AND charming Bliptrip's Avatar
    Bliptrip is just really nice. (+1000) Bliptrip is just really nice. (+1000) Bliptrip is just really nice. (+1000) Bliptrip is just really nice. (+1000) Bliptrip is just really nice. (+1000) Bliptrip is just really nice. (+1000) Bliptrip is just really nice. (+1000) Bliptrip is just really nice. (+1000) Bliptrip is just really nice. (+1000) Bliptrip is just really nice. (+1000) Bliptrip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pretty standard for any smaller supplement store chain or franchise going over a certain number of stores, usually 4-5+, to develop their own private label product. Sometimes it is named after the chain itself, like Max Muscle products, sometimes it is developed as a brand separate from the chain, like Supplement Superstores, Nutrishop and Nutrition Zone stores do.

Often the products are actually pretty good, 1st Phorm for the most part is. Often they are not so good, some Max Muscle products fall into that category. If the products are good, the salesperson should be able to explain to you why in an honest and straightforward way, maybe even give you a sample or two to judge for yourself. If the products are not good, the salesperson will usually have to rely on snake oil tactics and down talking the competing brands to get your sale.

Woahjacqueline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive been doing some reading and i can tell that the Supplement Superstores Push real hard for 1st Phorm products.

Thanks
    Yes, this is because Andy (ceo of 1st phorm) started opening supplement superstore shops. He then decided he wanted to create products that tasted amazing and had ingredients that are efficaciously dosed allowing you to get the results you need. No labels lie and you pay for the quality and results. He then created 1st phorm