24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

stevedyk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Cutting Progress

I clearly posted this in the wrong forum earlier, wow...

I'm going to start with my disclaimer that I am not a competition bodybuilder, but just trying to be healthy and look as good as I can :-)

After a few year "break" I got back to lifting and bulking in January. I am 6' 4", and over the past 9 months, I went from 195 lbs to 230 lbs. I am naturally a thin guy, and I found CytoGainer to be a great supplement. I was also using Jack3D pre and CellTech creatine post.

I know I'm in the wrong season, but I decided about 4 weeks ago to start cutting, which I've never tried doing before. I ditched the gainer for straight protein, and have cut out most carbs. I also mostly stopped the CellTech. I'm down about 1k calories per day from when I was bulking, and have added some very light cardio. I am also taking Lipo 6 as a thermo and still eating 5-6 smaller meals per day.

In the past 4 weeks, I have dropped about 5 pounds, and 1 inch on my waste. I'm actually very excited about that! My question is around body fat %. My gym has one of the handheld electro deals, and it has not shown much for a drop in % at all. It can also swing by 2% depending on how hydrated I am. It shows me around 20% if I take an average. Is this something to be concerned about? My waisteline and abs say I'm going the right direction, I don't my any means have a 6-pack, but you can see the "V" and the the "bumps". I'm guessing some of my weight loss and lack of body fat % reduction (according to the electro process) is due to loosing water weight, especially from coming off the creatine?

I really just want to make sure I'm on track since I need to work so hard to build muscule. My plan is to transition back to bulking next week. Thanks for your advice!