ProxyPan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unpinching shoulders

Hey

I have looked back when benching I seem to have a problem my shoulders gets unpinned, I have looked up, and people say to use your lats but the problem with the gym I am currently at the bench is too angled to use your lats if you get me. I have only started benching recently, So far this is the number 1 problem form wise! Should I try and use the bench in the rack? Any advice, only gym near me for miles cant change for awhile!

cheers.

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you using a decline or incline bench? What you stated doesn't really make sense for a flat bench. I would recommend taking a vid and sharing.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

Originally Posted by Get-n-fit View Post
    Are you using a decline or incline bench? What you stated doesn't really make sense for a flat bench. I would recommend taking a vid and sharing.
    Hey,

Sorry for not making sense I'll try to explain, The gyms bench presses hooks are to much of an angle to use my lats if you get me, They dont have any j hooks at all. I was wondering would the rack be better for benching where I could use my lats and still keep the arch

cheers.

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ProxyPan View Post
    Hey,

Sorry for not making sense I'll try to explain, The gyms bench presses hooks are to much of an angle to use my lats if you get me, They dont have any j hooks at all. I was wondering would the rack be better for benching where I could use my lats and still keep the arch

cheers.
    Are you saying the safety hooks your gym has prohibits you from keeping your upper back and shoulders packed onto the bench? So when you go to unrack you lose tightness? It's kind of hard to make out what you're saying without assuming.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    Are you saying the safety hooks your gym has prohibits you from keeping your upper back and shoulders packed onto the bench? So when you go to unrack you lose tightness? It's kind of hard to make out what you're saying without assuming.
    Yes that’s what I am trying to say sorry for the misunderstanding!

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes that’s what I am trying to say sorry for the misunderstanding!
    If you can ask for a liftoff to maintain your upper back tightness. If you can't get a lift off you just gotta do the best you can with what you have.

If you lose tightness unracking on your own before you hit your first rep reset your scapula then press.

Cheers

I don’t have any friends with me or anything so I think a spotter is out of the question,

Just the last one do you mean after lifting off try to bring the shoulders back down ? Pining again? That correct ?

Cheers

Cheers

I don’t have any friends with me or anything so I think a spotter is out of the question,

Just the last one do you mean after lifting off try to bring the shoulders back down ? Pining again? That correct ?

Cheers
    Yes that would be correct. If your upper back becomes loose on the unrack try to retighten your scapula then press.

Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    Yes that would be correct. If your upper back becomes loose on the unrack try to retighten your scapula then press.
    ah sounds good,
    Have you done this before yourself just wondering. I am not lifting massive weight at all either so I should be a little easier, I'll have to get used to doing that!
    cheers

ah sounds good,
    Have you done this before yourself just wondering. I am not lifting massive weight at all either so I should be a little easier, I'll have to get used to doing that!
    cheers
    I train by myself so I am always having to deal with no lift off. I do this everytime as it helps to keep your upper back tight. It's not the same as getting a proper lift off but it does the trick for those that train by themselves.

It's also worth noting that you don't want to punch the weight out. This will lead to you loosing your positioning. You want to treat it like a lat pull down. Slightly clear the safeties then use your lats to bring the weight out.