thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

TruNutrition Science Isology Reviews

Okay guys, I have the following samples:

3 Choco-PB Isology
    3 Vanilla Isology
    2 Milk Chocolate Isology
    2 Jamocha Isology

I've tried thir Choco-PB, Milk, and Vanilla Trutein, WPI, and Casein before. I ordered vanilla WPI & Casein this summer, and tried to the Trutein samples.

Here's how it goes:

Overall Taste:
    Overall Mixability:
    Overall Profile:
    Negative Effects:
    Comparisions(versus other Brand's flavors).

Choco PB Cup will be versus XF, Thermolife, and Tru-e- Protein
    Milk Chocolate will be versus Scivation, Gaspari, NutraPro, ON, Myoplex
    Vanilla will be against ON
    Jamocha will be standalone. I hate coffee flavors, but I'll try it out.

nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Subbed. Tried the chocolate ISO-ology this past weekend, and it was tasty! Reminded me of the premixed chocolate milk you get at the grocery store. I've tried all the trutein flavors, and liked them all, with vanilla, chocoPB being tops at this point. Still waiting to crack the choco-banana as I hear it's awesome!
    "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior from violent men you save me. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies." 2 Samuel 22: 2-4

GO TIGERS!!!
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!

lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000)
    also subbed. loving the comparisons you plan on doing!
    Keep getting bigger and stronger without messing up my joints (already pretty screwed)

Box Squat- 300lb
    Deadlift- 345lbs

Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118838601&page=30

Review thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118660261

I want to squat 2x my bodyweight

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    how long does trunutrition take to ship? I ordered samples of every trutein and isology flavor exactly 1 week ago and still no samples. I was gonna have a big review thread

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    how long does trunutrition take to ship? I ordered samples of every trutein and isology flavor exactly 1 week ago and still no samples. I was gonna have a big review thread
    Email Greg and he will let you know.
    "the wheyology and iso-ology samples were indeed shipped late because of the sudden inflow of them and they're very time-consuming to do. We prioritize full orders over samples. 95% of full orders we ship either the same day or next day. Samples sometimes take a little longer, unfortunately"
    Last edited by The Solution; 11-16-2010 at 08:11 PM.

thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUP

Overall Taste: 2/10
    Overall Mixability: 3/10
    Overall Profile: 9/10
    Comments: Truth be told--this tastes like peanuts mixed with dark chocolate. If you like that, go for it. Very dominant nut flavor and dark chocolate flavor. Kind of tart and a more mature taste to say the least. I love SWEET protein so that was the problem with this. Mixability has always been poor on thier behalf, but you just got to mix it as you drink it and it's fine. The profile is strong--28g protein? Can't be beat.

As a shake, I won't be buying it.
    In oatmeal, it wasn't very good.
    As sludge, it was alright.

Regardless, it's a STRONG peanut-dark choco flavor. Protein taste is subjective, this is my opinion.

Comparisions(versus other Brand's flavors):
    Thermolife Vasolate's KILLS it. That ranks #1. Among sludge, Tru-e Protein is #1 in Choco PB cup but #3 in shake flavor. XF is 2nd in both regards. Thermolife takes the cake. I also tried LG Lipotropic Choco PB protein, that was the worst among all. I'd take TruNutrition's over it in a heartbeat.

But against it's very own Trutein, this is remarkably stronger and rougher in taste compared to the samples I got back about 5-6 months ago.

He took the criticism well to CHANGE the flavor, but I think the only feedback was for (constructive) criticism, and not to keep it as is. No one says anything when they want it to stay that way, they just assume it will.

OVERALL: 3.5/10

Top tier profile, poor mixability, poor taste in just about all ways...even in pro-oatmeal.

Last edited by thedrivenone; 11-17-2010 at 08:41 AM.

nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50) nwkimbrough will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face

Funny, but that review actually made me wanna crack my tub of choco PB right now. I love dark chocolate, and the addition of peanut flavor sounds pretty awesome! Thanks for the update, and look forward to your other reviews.
    "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior from violent men you save me. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies." 2 Samuel 22: 2-4

GO TIGERS!!!
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!

Originally Posted by nwkimbrough View Post
    Funny, but that review actually made me wanna crack my tub of choco PB right now. I love dark chocolate, and the addition of peanut flavor sounds pretty awesome! Thanks for the update, and look forward to your other reviews.
    That's the whole basis of subjectivity. If you like dark chocolate, and you like nuts, you'll love this. It's a strong flavor.

If you're like me, and don't. Then, I guess you'll hate it. Up next will be Vanilla probably today or tommorow.

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Email Greg and he will let you know.
    "the wheyology and iso-ology samples were indeed shipped late because of the sudden inflow of them and they're very time-consuming to do. We prioritize full orders over samples. 95% of full orders we ship either the same day or next day. Samples sometimes take a little longer, unfortunately"
    Weird. I ordered mine Thursday night and got them Monday morning.

I wouldn't worry about it, Greg is top notch and A+. I've exchanged emails with him and he's a great professional.

Talking about that...I love the packaging of it, I love the notes, and the set up. Very welcoming, professional, classy, and simple.

VANILLA

Overall Taste: 9/10
    Overall Mixability: 9/10
    Overall Profile: 10/10
    Comments: His Vanilla still cannot be beat. I used it solely as a shake, because I got the thickness wrong the first time. I love a creamy, thick shake so I did it again and I did it right. 5-6oz per scoop as opposed to 8oz. It's a less sweet than the original WPI Vanilla they have which I assume is from the L-Leucine, but it's great. 30g protein per scoop. I'm going to ask Greg if he lessened the sweetness of it.

As a shake,I will be buying it in the near future. Next semester actually.

As pro-oatmeal/pudding: Didn't try.

I'd rank it above Thermolife's Vasolate Vanilla protein, and above ON's Vanilla protein. Just about the only one's I've tried, also Myoplex too. To me, it's the best overall Vanilla on the market. If it can be as sweet as the original that'd be better.

OVERALL: 9.5/10

Probably the best profile of any protein on the market too; 30g protein, 1g carb, enhanced with more L-Leucine, relatively low cal. Up next is Milk Chocolate...

Last edited by thedrivenone; 11-21-2010 at 06:05 AM.

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The vanilla sweetness was reduced a bit from what I've heard.

But their whey or whey iso if you want the old vanilla, should still be the old flavoring.
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Xtreme Formulations UP2 Multi-Flavor Review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129562583

Originally Posted by shadar View Post
    The vanilla sweetness was reduced a bit from what I've heard.

But their whey or whey iso if you want the old vanilla, should still be the old flavoring.
    Yeah, I may opt for that instead. I don't know. That tasted good and profile was nearly as good. I always thought about adding 2.5 grams of L-Leucine prior to 2-3 meals a day, and this would've solved it.

I also like the new Protocol Genoymx is coming out. That may be of good use. Nutrient partitioning is where it's at.

MILK CHOCOLATE

Overall Taste: 10/10
    Overall Mixability: 7.5/10
    Overall Profile: 8.5/10
    Comments: Milk Chocolate was fantastic. I had one shake, one pudding and one bit of pro-oatmeal, each time the taste was staying in my mouth and I was definitely craving some more. The 3g of carbs per scoop is a little excess, thus profile points deducted. Per 50g of protein we're looking at right a little above 5g of carbs.

As a shake: This will probably take it over Vanilla, to be honest. Unless I opt to go with the original WPI of Vanilla.
    As a pudding: Fantastic, a little clumpiness but nonetheless great.
    As oatmeal: It's a relatively richer milk chocolate. Still sweet though, cause satisfied my sweet tooth.

Thermolife Vasolate Chocolate Creme is still the BEST Chocolate on the market. I'd rate this right above Myofusion, above Nutra Pro, ON, and Scivation, too. 2nd best on the market IMO and looking like my new go-to Chocolate. Among Whey Protein sources though, not MRP's, this is #1. I've tried just about all chocolate's, syntha-6, etc. but this one was the best post-WO protein source.

OVERALL: 9.5/10

Bottom line. Will I buy it with my own cash? Definitely. I'm thinking this and/or Vanilla, really depends. This one left a taste that I still want to get...so that's a craving I may have to satisfy. Up Next Jamocha...

Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by thedrivenone View Post

MILK CHOCOLATE

The 3g of carbs per scoop is a little excess, thus profile points deducted.

Per 50g of protein we're looking at right a little above 5g of carbs.
    1. Seriously...? What do you think of Myofusion and XF whey then? They're all at least 3g carbs per scoop.

2. Oh nooooooooo

Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    1. Seriously...? What do you think of Myofusion and XF whey then? They're all at least 3g carbs per scoop.

2. Oh nooooooooo

I put them in the same category in regards to profiling. But give TruNutrition the edge cause of higher protein.

No need to go all ape ****, man. My trainer says the lower the carbs the better, fat too, in protein sources. So was just making a remark on that.

Chill.

JAMOCHA

Overall Taste: 7/10
    Overall Mixability: 9/10
    Overall Profile: 9/10
    Comments: Not a coffee fan by any means, never drank a single cup. However, this isn't too strong. It was actually very good in oatmeal, very good in pudding, but quite bad as a standalone shake. Very good profile.

As for protein shake purposes? Won't touch,won't buy.
    As for pudding and pro-oatmeal? Sure, great profile, a nice taste and it isn't "dominant" at all.

Never tried a single coffee flavored protein so I cannot compare.

OVERALL: 7.5/10

Strong profile and strong intangible protein source for cooking needs(to me), but not really shake worthy. I'd buy it on the basis I alerady have a go-to drinking protein source and this can be used for like pancakes, pudding, oatmeal, etc.

Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000)
    I put them in the same category in regards to profiling. But give TruNutrition the edge cause of higher protein.

No need to go all ape ****, man. My trainer says the lower the carbs the better, fat too, in protein sources. So was just making a remark on that.

Chill.
    Curious as to what you consider to be the top in terms of profile then. MGN? Lol...

Curious as to what you consider to be the top in terms of profile then. MGN? Lol...
    Yeah if you wanna be blind-sided. MGN tastes great, but we know it cannot be real. They sell their stuff cheaper than they get it. No sense in that, so it's something we aren't aware of.

Top profile would probably be their Vanilla Isology(30g protein, 1g carbs) or get it where a majority of companies source there whey/protein from...TP(25g protein, .25-.75g fat, .25-.5g carbs)

Yeah if you wanna be blind-sided. MGN tastes great, but we know it cannot be real. They sell their stuff cheaper than they get it. No sense in that, so it's something we aren't aware of.

Top profile would probably be their Vanilla Isology(30g protein, 1g carbs) or get it where a majority of companies source there whey/protein from...TP(25g protein, .25-.75g fat, .25-.5g carbs)
    Has it occurred to you that 30 grams of protein, 0.5 grams of fat, and 1 gram of carb doesn't add up to 120 calories as the label states?

GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Has it occurred to you that 30 grams of protein, 0.5 grams of fat, and 1 gram of carb doesn't add up to 120 calories as the label states?
    Saintly, it's nice to see that you read the labels since most people decidedly do NOT read labels, which is not a good habit to fall into. In answer to your question, the nutrient values were calculated based upon measurements taken with calorimeter, rather than using the less precise "4/4/9 cal per gram" rule of thumb.

Additionally, the values will never be exact because the FDA has established rounding rules, which - since they are rules - must be followed. In one instance of the rounding rule, all products with >50g of calories must be rounded to the nearest 10cal increment. So if a product is 104 cal, it is rounded down to 100 cal, and if it is 106 cal it is rounded up to 110 cal. The complete rules may be found at fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/GuidanceDocuments/FoodLabelingNutrition/ucm063113.htm

If you disagree with these rules, you can write a letter of recommendation to the FDA to change their policies, but the bottom line is all companies are bound by them.

Originally Posted by GregW1 View Post
    Saintly, it's nice to see that you read the labels since most people decidedly do NOT read labels, which is not a good habit to fall into. In answer to your question, the nutrient values were calculated based upon measurements taken with calorimeter, rather than using the less precise "4/4/9 cal per gram" rule of thumb.

Additionally, the values will never be exact because the FDA has established rounding rules, which - since they are rules - must be followed. In one instance of the rounding rule, all products with >50g of calories must be rounded to the nearest 10cal increment. So if a product is 104 cal, it is rounded down to 100 cal, and if it is 106 cal it is rounded up to 110 cal. The complete rules may be found at fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/GuidanceDocuments/FoodLabelingNutrition/ucm063113.htm

If you disagree with these rules, you can write a letter of recommendation to the FDA to change their policies, but the bottom line is all companies are bound by them.
    Thanks for the clarification. It would be interesting if Greg himself made an account just now with the sole intent of answering this question... unlikely though.

Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GregW1 View Post

Yep, and i read something a while back that if they're +/- %10 of what they're stating than it's fine.
    PROCCOR

Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i've been using trunutrition sciences' micellar casein and whey ISOs for the past 2.5 months and i can vouch for both of these products' quality. having tracked my macros and weighed out the portion sizes on both products, trust me, the company's products do what they're labeled as. they seem to be able to afford such high quality with reasonable prices because they have minimalistic tactics when it comes to marketing and distribution.