Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Johnny_D_09 View Post
    Thats exactly what I was trying to get at. your right in that there are more tall pitchers that throw harder but that doesn't neccassarily mean they will get recruited harder because they are taller. in baseball, throwing 90 is the same from a 6'3" guy as a 5'9" guy. The only reason taller guys could be better is because they have more frame to fill out in order to generate more power/throw harder. Not sure if that is true though.

Thanks bro, just trying to give knowledge out that I wish I had at your guys age.

I ran that program in high school when i first started getting into lifting. I think it is a great routine for hitters, it might not be ideal for pitchers due to somewhat heavy stress on shoulders. It really helped me put on some great mass, which I had struggled with all through high school. Also, there is no perfect way to incorporate speed training into your workout regime. I do it twice a week, once on a leg day of mine and the four days after that. I really don't do a lot of speed training because it really isn't a big part of my game.

you will love this article though
    http://www.defrancotraining.com/articles.html

it is a great template for ws4sb3 and even has a section on how to incorporate speed training into the workout.
    haha yeh im running ws4sb3 right now. i can't wait to get back to it after i recover. i have a mind set of setting new PR's on lifts more, which will help. I love how he includes dynamic lower body! thats one of my favorite days now haha. anyways kind of off topic but in college are they making you follow any sort of special diet? Or are you kind of just doing your own thing?

Ate Paint Chips As Kid Johnny_D_09's Avatar
    Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by yucko22 View Post
    haha yeh im running ws4sb3 right now. i can't wait to get back to it after i recover. i have a mind set of setting new PR's on lifts more, which will help. I love how he includes dynamic lower body! thats one of my favorite days now haha. anyways kind of off topic but in college are they making you follow any sort of special diet? Or are you kind of just doing your own thing?
    well good luck with the gains bro and dynamic lower body day is a great change of pace! They do not have us on a special diet but at the beginning of each school year, our team has a mandatory meeting which is mostly about drug tests but also talks a good amount about a proper diet. So, basically i am on my own LOL
    AVI FROM DECEMBER 2008...yea i know, i really need a new one

Current Lifts
    Bench:315x1
    Squat(90):405x1
    Deadlift: 475x1
    Hang Clean: 255x1, 240x3

djcrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) djcrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) djcrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) djcrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) djcrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) djcrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) djcrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) djcrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) djcrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) djcrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) djcrix is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Hi, Im dominican i need some tips
    I should lift fast and light for improve CNS or lift heavy?
    BTW I play catcher , IM 5´11´´ and 196 lbs 12 porcent of fat..

champion w8lifter in prog boykid28's Avatar
    boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by djcrix View Post
    Hi, Im dominican i need some tips
    I should lift fast and light for improve CNS or lift heavy?
    BTW I play catcher , IM 5´11´´ and 196 lbs 12 porcent of fat..
    both will help. u could try doing (in the off season) 1month heavy 1 month light and keep changing every month. ur most important thing is keeping ur squat (legs also) flexible since u are in the squat position for most of the game. just follow the guidline i posted earlier:

-keep the real heavy weight (squats & deads) in the 3~5 rep range.
    -Keep the isolation exercises (leg curl & extension) in the 8~15 rep range.
    -30 min or less of (easy) steady running/biking/swiming etc (can b done on any day of the week, to get the blood flowing).
    -sprints with more than 2+min rest inbtween sprints. no more than 30 min.
    -intervals. no more than 30 min.
    - leg days, sprints, and intervals should be followed by 1 day of resting (except for upper body exercises and/or easy cardio).
    -we are what we repeatedly do. therefore, excellence is not an act but a habit.
    -sollevatore di pesi campione in corso
    -"that guy is running in shorts"Dr.House
    "he's not running, he's trolling"Dr.Wilson

gym PR's:

snatch:90kg
    clean & jerk:117.5kg
    total:202.3kg

oly squat:179.5kg

journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130985093

ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by boykid28 View Post
    both will help. u could try doing (in the off season) 1month heavy 1 month light and keep changing every month. ur most important thing is keeping ur squat (legs also) flexible since u are in the squat position for most of the game. just follow the guidline i posted earlier:

-keep the real heavy weight (squats & deads) in the 3~5 rep range.
    -Keep the isolation exercises (leg curl & extension) in the 8~15 rep range.
    -30 min or less of (easy) steady running/biking/swiming etc (can b done on any day of the week, to get the blood flowing).
    -sprints with more than 2+min rest inbtween sprints. no more than 30 min.
    -intervals. no more than 30 min.
    - leg days, sprints, and intervals should be followed by 1 day of resting (except for upper body exercises and/or easy cardio).
    As already stated from the above replies....it's all about doing both. Solid combo of sprint work and distance work is what's needed.

Registered User trojanbaseball2's Avatar
    trojanbaseball2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I have seen that there has been alot of threads on asking about college football recruiting and questions, so i decided to give baseball players some help.

I would rather not reveal where I play but regardless I do have a lot of friends/teammates/family members that have played D1 baseball all over the country and have been drafted/played in the pros. So I can answer almost any questions baseball players have about recruiting, student-athlete life, etc.

SO ASK AWAY
    I'm new here and could use some advice.

I'ma a junior this year, 5'9 158 lbs and am shortstop. I started varsity last year as a sophmore. How much bigger do i need to be? I'm not super fast, what will help me gain speed? What do you think is the most important tools colleges are looking for in a middle infielder? When did you start getting recruited?

I know I am asking alot of questions but I am real curious haha. I'm eager to pick someones brain with this kind of experience

ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by trojanbaseball2 View Post
    I'm new here and could use some advice.

I'ma a junior this year, 5'9 158 lbs and am shortstop. I started varsity last year as a sophmore. How much bigger do i need to be? I'm not super fast, what will help me gain speed? What do you think is the most important tools colleges are looking for in a middle infielder? When did you start getting recruited?

I know I am asking alot of questions but I am real curious haha. I'm eager to pick someones brain with this kind of experience
    College middle infielder recruiting...alright lets break it down.

Agility, quickness, strong arm, soft hands, quick hands, and range. Without these, you probably wont be starting.

I personally didn't start talking to colleges till my Senior year in HS.

Registered User trojanbaseball2's Avatar
    trojanbaseball2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ven33 View Post

Agility, quickness, strong arm, soft hands, quick hands, and range. Without these, you probably wont be starting.

Alright thanks.

The only thing is a groin pull/strain I can't seem to get rid of. I've had it since last spring and can really hurt my movement

Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000) Johnny_D_09 is just really nice. (+1000)

This. I have noticed that during the recruiting process, shortstops seem to be more heavily recruited for their athleticism because you guys are usually the best athlete on the field...so, great athlete+good bat=Can play anywhere on the field

During our fall ball we always start with a ton of shortstops and they scatter them to different positions where depth is needed

Current Lifts

This. I have noticed that during the recruiting process, shortstops seem to be more heavily recruited for their athleticism because you guys are usually the best athlete on the field...so, great athlete+good bat=Can play anywhere on the field

During our fall ball we always start with a ton of shortstops and they scatter them to different positions where depth is needed
    Honestly I see so many skinny shortstops in college now a days that I've come to realize its more about their defensive abilities, and when it comes to hitting they just look for them to get on rather than worry bout dropping head every AB.

mattyDrhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyDrhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyDrhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyDrhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyDrhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyDrhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyDrhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyDrhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyDrhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyDrhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyDrhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Johnny, what supplements do you take? I want to find a good supplement not made by CytoSport that is NCAA legal.

Also, since we have our 4 week break till Spring ball practice starts after fall workouts; I want to focus on high rep chest exercises. Do you have any good chest exercises that allow the scaps to stay free besides medicine ball push ups?

Originally Posted by mattyDrhp View Post
    Johnny, what supplements do you take? I want to find a good supplement not made by CytoSport that is NCAA legal.

Also, since we have our 4 week break till Spring ball practice starts after fall workouts; I want to focus on high rep chest exercises. Do you have any good chest exercises that allow the scaps to stay free besides medicine ball push ups?
    Whats up matty? the supplements I take are listed below:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/flood.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ch...nohydrate.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/dym/elite.html

I also take a multi-vitamin, fish oil, and flax seed oil...I have never been really into using a lot of supplements, I get probably 85% percent of my protein intake from food. If you want more help with supps, just let me know.

a good chest exercises that keep stress off your scapula is 1 arm alternating dumbbell bench press. This is good for baseball players arms because it frees up some of the scapula movement that regular bench press and even the dumbbell bench press can’t. This exercise is done with the you leaving one arm up as he bench presses the other arm down and then back up again. The pitcher then leaves that arm up and bench presses the other arm down and up.
    You can also do this same exercise on a physio ball, it adds extra core stability to the work out and frees up the scaps even more. This exercise can also be done wit the incline bench press, just make sure to only go down to 90 degrees to protect the shoulder. also light DB Flyes would be a good idea as well.

Current Lifts

Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whats up matty? the supplements I take are listed below:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/flood.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ch...nohydrate.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/dym/elite.html

I also take a multi-vitamin, fish oil, and flax seed oil...I have never been really into using a lot of supplements, I get probably 85% percent of my protein intake from food. If you want more help with supps, just let me know.

a good chest exercises that keep stress off your scapula is 1 arm alternating dumbbell bench press. This is good for baseball players arms because it frees up some of the scapula movement that regular bench press and even the dumbbell bench press can’t. This exercise is done with the you leaving one arm up as he bench presses the other arm down and then back up again. The pitcher then leaves that arm up and bench presses the other arm down and up.
    You can also do this same exercise on a physio ball, it adds extra core stability to the work out and frees up the scaps even more. This exercise can also be done wit the incline bench press, just make sure to only go down to 90 degrees to protect the shoulder. also light DB Flyes would be a good idea as well.
    Hows white flood been, just ordered some yesterday along with another tub of serious mass for only 40$..love these prices.

Originally Posted by Handcannon7 View Post
    Hows white flood been, just ordered some yesterday along with another tub of serious mass for only 40$..love these prices.
    you will get a lot of mixed reviews about white flood but i love it. I have tried just about every preworkout there is and i always go back to it.

Current Lifts

adarqui is not very well liked. (-100) adarqui is not very well liked. (-100) adarqui is not very well liked. (-100) adarqui is not very well liked. (-100) adarqui is not very well liked. (-100) adarqui is not very well liked. (-100) adarqui is not very well liked. (-100) adarqui is not very well liked. (-100) adarqui is not very well liked. (-100) adarqui is not very well liked. (-100) adarqui is not very well liked. (-100)
    So I have seen that there has been alot of threads on asking about college football recruiting and questions, so i decided to give baseball players some help.

I would rather not reveal where I play but regardless I do have a lot of friends/teammates/family members that have played D1 baseball all over the country and have been drafted/played in the pros. So I can answer almost any questions baseball players have about recruiting, student-athlete life, etc.

SO ASK AWAY
    reveal where you play, you could be an unathletic loser for all we know.

just sayin.
    GO.GET.IT! http://youtube.com/adarqui & http://adarq.org

~Misc Jumpers Crew~

Certified Imam of Vertslam.

my training journal: http://www.adarq.org/forum/progress-journals-experimental-routines/adarq%27s-journal/msg41642/#msg41642

Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just got asked by St Johns to come down to see more of me
    Got to work hard as **** now

Originally Posted by adarqui View Post

just sayin.
    You are retarded. Be gone.

Originally Posted by Handcannon7 View Post
    Just got asked by St Johns to come down to see more of me
    Got to work hard as **** now
    Remember, most college coaches care about two things; work ethic and heart. Show them you can be coached, show them you are willing to sell out for their team, and you sir will be just fine.

Originally Posted by adarqui View Post

just sayin.
    lol trust me i am not an unathletic loser and i do play college baseball. I don't want this whole site knowing my name.

Now STFU and GTFO unless you need advice or have feedback...thank you and good luck with you baseball career

Current Lifts

Adarqui Johnny and I are simply here to help the younger generation of baseball players figure out college ball and such. Please just leave.

As for everyone else, Johnny and I have told you all you need to know about us. We've been there, done that, and now we just want to help you guys figure out the system.

Ask away.

Adarqui Johnny and I are simply here to help the younger generation of baseball players figure out college ball and such. Please just leave.

As for everyone else, Johnny and I have told you all you need to know about us. We've been there, done that, and now we just want to help you guys figure out the system.

Ask away.
    this right here. thanks ven33

now more questions please

EDIT: congrats hardcannon on being asked to go visit st. johns.

have a good time with your recruiting process. It is a very stressful time but also an opportunity not many people get the chance to experience. Visit every place you possibly can so that you know you are making the right decision when you choose.

Also don't let the pressure get to ya, go out and play the game you love and let the rest take care of itself

Current Lifts

boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000) boykid28 is just really nice. (+1000)
    To ven and johnny: do college bball programs have tangible physical skill requirements. What i mean is this. I know in america they like position players to b proficient in these 5 areas: hit 4 power, hit 4 avg, running speed, defensive abilities, and strong throwing arm. In european sport school system (what i came through) u had to b exceptional in 2 of 4 tangible areas ( size, running speed, arm strength/throwing velocity, release time) & exceptional in 1 of 3 intangible areas (hitting consistency, fielding consistency, and mental ability/stability) in order to get signed. For example i was signed bcause i was exceptional in running speed, release time(basestealing 4 position players/ pitcher&catcher in throwing out base stealer) and mental ability. Running speed: 60yard= -6.5sec. Home to 1st= -4.0sec. 1st to 3rd= -6.5sec. Home to 3rd= -10.5sec. Home to home= -14.0sec. Had 2 beat all running times in order 2 b exceptional. Release time: consistently -3.0sec stealing time. Mental ability: score on a test.

yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey johnny i just wanted to know if it was ok to pm you asking some more private questions related to how i can get physically better and a question about my diet because thats all wack. just post down here if its all good to pm you .
    *edit: congrats handcannon go out there and really prove yourself worthy.!

Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello.

I am here to find a good diet. What should i eat before and after my workouts? I am also hoping to get to the next level in baseball.

Here are my stats: Junior in HS, 16 years old, 6'0, 185lbs, Positioin 1B,3B,C.

I am looking to cut to around 175 and be solid before season starts. Any tips?

Originally Posted by boykid28 View Post
    To ven and johnny: do college bball programs have tangible physical skill requirements. What i mean is this. I know in america they like position players to b proficient in these 5 areas: hit 4 power, hit 4 avg, running speed, defensive abilities, and strong throwing arm. In european sport school system (what i came through) u had to b exceptional in 2 of 4 tangible areas ( size, running speed, arm strength/throwing velocity, release time) & exceptional in 1 of 3 intangible areas (hitting consistency, fielding consistency, and mental ability/stability) in order to get signed. For example i was signed bcause i was exceptional in running speed, release time(basestealing 4 position players/ pitcher&catcher in throwing out base stealer) and mental ability. Running speed: 60yard= -6.5sec. Home to 1st= -4.0sec. 1st to 3rd= -6.5sec. Home to 3rd= -10.5sec. Home to home= -14.0sec. Had 2 beat all running times in order 2 b exceptional. Release time: consistently -3.0sec stealing time. Mental ability: score on a test.
    When it comes to physical strength, no. Colleges tend to not care about numerical strength. I think the main thing coaches care about is can you help the club and can you get on base.

For outfielders...they wanna see speed. Sub 7.0 60's .... for the most part sub 6.8's.

For pitchers...I came to college throwing 80...left throwing 90-92. Honestly..its about having getting people out and commanding your pitches.

Originally Posted by Iriart View Post
    Hello.

I am here to find a good diet. What should i eat before and after my workouts? I am also hoping to get to the next level in baseball.

You're 16. Don't "cut". Just keep eating and get out and run more. Distance and sprint work. The more you run the more athletic you will get.

Also, start long tossing. Every other day.

Originally Posted by yucko22 View Post
    hey johnny i just wanted to know if it was ok to pm you asking some more private questions related to how i can get physically better and a question about my diet because thats all wack. just post down here if its all good to pm you .
    *edit: congrats handcannon go out there and really prove yourself worthy.!
    Yea man of course...shoot me a PM

Hello.

I agree with Ven33 on this one and say don't cut. do what he said and remember you are still young and will grow into you body eventually.

You should eat complex carbs and proteins before you workouts, for example, I have 1 cup of oatmeal and a protein shake.

After workouts, you should take in protein and carbs (simple and complex). I drink a protein shake in gatorade (simple carb) and usually eat pasta(complex carb) and a couple chicken breasts.

Current Lifts

For outfielders...they wanna see speed. Sub 7.0 60's .... for the most part sub 6.8's.

For pitchers...I came to college throwing 80...left throwing 90-92. Honestly..its about having getting people out and commanding your pitches.
    standards over there(here, since i live here now) r very low. Even pitchers, catchers, and 1st basemen had to run -7.0sec 60 in order to stay in the academy. I guess i have to consider that the biggest guy at the academy was 6'2 210lbs & in america that may b average size. Plus the academy was run by mlb scout/team, where as colleges r not. Pitchers had very tough standards in order to stay in. Fastball=85mph+. Slider=-5to10mph of fastball. Curve=-10to15mph of fastball.changeup= same as curve. Pitch to home with baserunner on = (i think) -1.5sec. All the academy cared about was #. I guess they thought that its harder teach athletics than skill.now that i reflect back i think the most important thing in bball is consistency, then skill and athletics.

sent. take your time

Hello.

how the hell r u cutting at 6 feet 185lbs. and ur 16. @ 6 feet u should be 206lbs. i know what if feels like to wanna cut at an already small size but trust me it will help u. an ideal weight 4 u would be between 206lbs and 231lbs at the minimum.
    -we are what we repeatedly do. therefore, excellence is not an act but a habit.
    -sollevatore di pesi campione in corso
    -"that guy is running in shorts"Dr.House
    "he's not running, he's trolling"Dr.Wilson

gym PR's:

snatch:90kg
    clean & jerk:117.5kg
    total:202.3kg

oly squat:179.5kg

journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130985093