SkinnyGuy91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking: Eat more Protein or more Calories?

I'm trying to bulk to 150. Right now I'm at 131. Should I be concentrating on eating more protein or more calories to reach that goal?

Ex. More Whey protein shakes OR more gainer shakes?

Thanks guys.

Jordishonz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordishonz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordishonz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordishonz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordishonz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordishonz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordishonz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordishonz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordishonz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordishonz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordishonz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyGuy91 View Post
    I'm trying to bulk to 150. Right now I'm at 131. Should I be concentrating on eating more protein or more calories to reach that goal?

Thanks guys.
    More gainer shakes, (hopefully it is a weight gainer with little fat).

Try to eat the most calories you can in a day, try to get 3500-4000 calories of healthy foods and you'll see changes in size in no time.

Use your protein shakes after your workout and in the morning, but you can also spread your intake of protein shakes whenever is most convenient for you. Try to get at least 1.5 grams of protein were pound of body weight.

But, yeah, use the weight gainer.
    I REP BACK.

STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thanks guys.
    What's up man.

I use whey protein for a weight gainer shake -

Ingredients:

2 scoops of Whey

Half cup of dry Oats

2 table spoons of peanut butter

2 cups of whole milk

table spoon of honey

that's about 940 calories.

I drink 3 of those a day on top of eating like a mad man.

SkinnyGuy91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any more replies?

bczeller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bczeller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bczeller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bczeller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bczeller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bczeller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bczeller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bczeller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bczeller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bczeller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bczeller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    all the info you need man, i drink about the same type of weight gainer shake as the post above, just only once a day. i eat 3 big meals consisting of a meat, carbs (pasta or potatoe), and a side plus i drink a ton of milk. eat consistent snacks, doesnt always have to be cal heavy, granola bar, or pbj sandwhich whatever. as long as your getting cals in. i gained from 125 to 162 in less than 6 months so i know where your coming from. just gotta start eating man, and stick to a good workout plan

yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yucko22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    your protein intake shouldnt be over 200g since your only 130x1.5. shoot for about 4000 calories with eather 45%carbs 35%protein and 20%fat or however you want to do it.

matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thanks guys.
    the answers ur getting are retarded. whey protein and gainers are not magic and shouldnt be treated as the end all solution of getting calories and protein into your system. u should aim for more real food in ur diet that gives you, to answer your question, more protein AND more calories. whey = protein. gainer = calories. people seem to think these products are necessary to build muscle, but if youre eating enough real food, theyre just an option. in fact, you sound ill informed yourself asking about protein or calories and listing the only examples of each as supplements. lift, eat steak, drink a gallon of milk a day, take a multivitamin and sleep. rinse and repeat.
    "I wish people trained their brains with the same passion they are training their biceps." - Juliacheh

"you dont want a lot of simple carbs because it increases estrogen levels in your body. unless you eat them right after you workout. estrogen will quicken the uptake of protein and it repleneshes glycogen levels in your muscles!" -GOMDpls

katosan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) katosan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) katosan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) katosan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) katosan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) katosan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thanks guys.
    Concentrate on eating in general. Try to get in at least 3,000 cal a day with at least 130 g protein. I wouldn't eat 4,000 cal a day like some people have said, you'll end up putting on unecessary fat (I know you're trying to bulk, but it's good to do so with minimum fat gain). Start with a strict 3k cal a day and check your weight every week, if you gain 1-2 lbs a week you are right on track.

aazidane is on a distinguished road. (+10) aazidane is on a distinguished road. (+10) aazidane is on a distinguished road. (+10) aazidane is on a distinguished road. (+10) aazidane is on a distinguished road. (+10) aazidane is on a distinguished road. (+10) aazidane is on a distinguished road. (+10) aazidane is on a distinguished road. (+10) aazidane is on a distinguished road. (+10) aazidane is on a distinguished road. (+10) aazidane is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Calories are the most important part in bulking.