Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tall men squats

almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Tall men squats

Anyone else over 6'4" and squat? I cant help but wonder why I cant squat as much as my shorter friends...right now Im at the 200 mark, where my friends are at 300+,and we all mostly started at around the same time squatting. Im 6'7".

Also, any tips on squatting from other tall guys would be great. Thanks.

squizzlewizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squizzlewizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squizzlewizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squizzlewizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squizzlewizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squizzlewizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squizzlewizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squizzlewizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squizzlewizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squizzlewizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squizzlewizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    6 7...damn thats pretty beast

viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    mechanically you're doing more work than a 5' 10 guy squatting 200. not in the mood to explain it now but you're basically moving the weight a greater distance than your short friends. thats why imo #s aren't a great measure of anything in a squat. depth, speed of movement, movement efficiency, and intensity are better variables for personally measuring how a squat workout went.

AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They are lifting more because they are stronger than you.

Longer Levers do offer disadvantages in most lifts but they have simply made better progress going by the numbers you've given.
    Bench: 572lbs (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9RrAfn0TfkY&feature=youtu.be)
    Squat: 924lbs (https://youtu.be/hnvJ0SdCYKw)
    Deadlift: 924lbs (https://youtu.be/KDS6TQ_--eM)
    Bent Over Row: 485lbs (https://youtu.be/dc-t9k3f208)
    Over Head Press: 405lbs (https://youtu.be/h3o4jOBa8IM)

TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've never understood why taller people think squatting is harder. I understand the body mechanics and the physics involved - load over greater distance sure. But its all proportional. Taller = have the muscle to move the load. Not so?
    Proud Latin Rite Catholic Disciple of Jesus Christ

"Lust indulged became habit, and habit unresisted became necessity."
    - St. Augustine

almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I really dont know if its so...I think longer muscle fiber, but not MORE muscle. This actually makes sense to me.

Maybe it really is just physics, and more work needs to be done with longer limbs.

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by AusPower View Post
    They are lifting more because they are stronger than you.

Longer Levers do offer disadvantages in most lifts but they have simply made better progress going by the numbers you've given.
    Not so simple.

Originally Posted by TomEst View Post
    I've never understood why taller people think squatting is harder. I understand the body mechanics and the physics involved - load over greater distance sure. But its all proportional. Taller = have the muscle to move the load. Not so?
    Not exactly.

And it's not just about being tall. Length of limbs plays a great role.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Unless you are doing something other than BODYBUILDING do not worry too much about how much you're lifting compared to your buddies.
    So long as you're progressing week by week, month by month, this is all you need to focus on.

I'm not especially tall - a shade over 6 foot.
    I have heard that taking a wide squatting stance is helpful for tall people.

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wide stance, deep breath, sit back.

zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    my workout buddy is 6'5 and he squats almost 60 lbs more than me. not once has he ever complained about his height..

Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It is probably a little more difficult for tall guys to master squatting technique, but once you have the movement solid, all bets are off. In the period of learning the movement, which takes several years, your shorter friends might outlift you, but when you get secure in the motion and develop a groove, your weights will go up quickly. You will also probably be able to squat more than them when all is said and done because you are so much larger than them.

TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im 6'2 and have trouble squatting. I stopped even trying to squat narrow and now i squat pretty wide, not sumo wide but wide.

Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    6'6 and find it mildly awkward to do back squats so I do front squats instead.

Have no problem getting good depth on them and they don't bother my previously injured knee. Win-win all round.

txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MattyG View Post
    Unless you are doing something other than BODYBUILDING do not worry too much about how much you're lifting compared to your buddies.
    So long as you're progressing week by week, month by month, this is all you need to focus on.

I'm not especially tall - a shade over 6 foot.
    I have heard that taking a wide squatting stance is helpful for tall people.
    ^^^this!

simply focus on the contraction and not the weight! once you start to feel the muscle stretch and contract ur doing the exercises right! over time the muscle will get stronger and bigger and you will start lifting more and more!

i dont know how many people i meet and train that do squats and never feel the contractions and just simply move the weight up and down!

it is a little more difficult for taller people to squat but usually it depends on the ratio between lower body to upper body that makes the most difference...besides the fact ur moving the weight a longer distance!

but just keep ur mind on ur overall goals and focus on the reason ur doing the exercise...

is it... to lift large amount of plates

-or-

is it... gain muscle size and strength
    -------------------------------www.Texas-AP.com--------------------------------------
    --------------------- join us on face book: txapn and txapn stefan ---------------------
    --------------------- HOWS THIS GAME GOING TO REMEMBER YOU? ---------------------

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TomEst View Post
    Supposedly taller people have more potential to squat more b/c they have more muscular potential... The thing is the longer limbs makes squatting "harder" for them. I guess in the long run is where the height can pay off though.

There used to be a member of these boards who was like 6'7 and squatted over 400lbs. Dono if he's still around.

hlydon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hlydon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hlydon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hlydon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hlydon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hlydon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hlydon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hlydon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hlydon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hlydon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hlydon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    After finishing my squats one day, a guy about 6'2" came over to the squat rack and lowered the stops from where I had them. I'm 5'7". I told him that was one seriously low squat he was going to do. He said he was going to do rows, not squats. Then, he told me he was to tall to do squats. He was serious. Seriously. I think it was his thin legs, not his height that kept him from doing squats. He was the typical gym guy - pump those arms.

jstrat235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstrat235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstrat235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstrat235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstrat235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstrat235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstrat235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstrat235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstrat235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstrat235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstrat235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hlydon View Post
    After finishing my squats one day, a guy about 6'2" came over to the squat rack and lowered the stops from where I had them. I'm 5'7". I told him that was one seriously low squat he was going to do. He said he was going to do rows, not squats. Then, he told me he was to tall to do squats. He was serious. Seriously. I think it was his thin legs, not his height that kept him from doing squats. He was the typical gym guy - pump those arms.
    not too tall to do leg press/hack squat.

Daniel Larson 2024 RainingBlood's Avatar
    RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm "6'3. A lot of my shorter buddies can squat much more than me too. I believe it's because we have to travel a longer distance with the same load, making it more difficult. But a 100 pound difference is too great, I think somewhere you went wrong.

NIUBearFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIUBearFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIUBearFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIUBearFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIUBearFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIUBearFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIUBearFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIUBearFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIUBearFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIUBearFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) NIUBearFan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am 6'5" and my workout partner is around 5'8". At first he progressed faster than me on squats. But after about a year I started progressing faster than him and I am now doing slightly more than him. My biggest problem was my lower back, core, and hip abductors\flexors lagged behind. Once those were stronger I was able to really add the weight.

MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Look at it like this, a guy who is 6'5" and jacked looks a lot tougher and better than a dude who's 5'6" and jacked. You can always work on building muscle, but he can't ever change his height. You'll have to work harder to fight against your natural build, but once you get there you will look better. Ladies don't like short men, be happy you're tall.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    One thing that is confusing about this 'moving the mass a longer distance' thing is that we want principles that should apply to all strength training, including isometric holds.

Since distance is not a factor with isometric contraction, what is the principal limiting tall people here?

Perhaps it is more to do with levers?

joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Muckle_Ewe View Post
    6'6 and find it mildly awkward to do back squats so I do front squats instead.

Have no problem getting good depth on them and they don't bother my previously injured knee. Win-win all round.
    So odd request, would you care to put up a vid of your squat? I have a buddy that is legit 6'9" and I think it would help give him an idea of the groove better than me showing him. First time I saw him squat it looked like he was bringing the bar down from orbit.

iDOit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by joelash302 View Post
    First time I saw him squat it looked like he was bringing the bar down from orbit.
    hahaha thats pretty funny, but i agree completely with this post. squats has to be one of my worse lifts. being a defensive linemen thats 6'5, longer limbs always give me way more leverage on people but leg presses can only get you so far. i plan on working hard before my first college spring ball session to get that lift up

DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm just under 6'3 and have realized this last month that I really need to work on my core/midsection because my full squats are horrible at the moment. Half squats are cake but we all know you use mostly legs at that point but once you dip in deeper where your back and mid section come into play its game over for more until I strengthen it.
    As for weight... who cares? Personally I like to be able to lift heavy, but I'll never over do it just because. It's better to start low and gain technique first to prevent injury later.
    Plays frisbee with 45's.

★US Air Force Veterans Crew★

iDOit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DHFX View Post
    It's better to start low and gain technique first to prevent injury later.
    wish i had that advise back in my junior year of high school, we rarely did squats til my junior year so i jus jumped in with like 270 warming up knowing i hadn't squatted in years. all bad

ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    did my first set of squats after a month out injured yesterday, and christ am i feeling it today!! but i love the burning pain in my legs over any muscle!!

my tip is just focus on your range of motion and form, nail every single one as deep as you can SAFELY. you'll know when you can add more weight or do more reps, listening to your body is no.1 for this exercise ive found, you rush anything and you WILL get injured.

for me, as soon as i finish my last set and rep for that day, i immediately think about next weeks squats and what my realistic aim is based on the performance of what i just done.

i was squatting 150kgs at one point thinking i was doing well, but then i really focused on my form and realised i wasn't going deep enough, so i needed to strip back the weight and work my way up again slowly. theres nothing to be embarrassed about in lifting i think, its a marathon not a sprint. **** what others are lifting

130kgs is the best ive done with proper deep squats, but now i'm back at 115kg because ive had a month out and i want to progress back to where i was safely.

ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000) ctg23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    also OP how much you weigh? and are you nailing your diet?

being tall i know i had to eat truck load to grow my twiglet legs anywhere near decent

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)
    my question is, how long have you been squatting? the difference between 200lbs and 300+ is pretty huge, and it leads me to believe that there is more wrong here than just your height. also, how tall are your friends? are they short like me or are they 6'3"?
    i'm hungry

nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Height is not really an excuse for not being able to squat, you have naturally longer larger muscles because of your height, you will also have a much greater stretch reflex response because of the larger distance travelled, you will also most likely have bigger bones.

You may be built in a manner that is not conducive to squating the same way a 5'10" slender nerdy built 120 pound guy cant squat. Bodies come in all shapes and sizes and not everyone is built for everything but it is not dependant on one factor so you cant just say TALL GUYS CANT SQUAT. No tall skinny weak guys cant squat well, but Im pretty sure almost every Worlds Strongest Man competitor is about 6' 5" or better and they are squating trucks!

abitkt7raid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abitkt7raid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abitkt7raid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abitkt7raid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abitkt7raid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abitkt7raid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abitkt7raid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abitkt7raid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abitkt7raid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abitkt7raid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abitkt7raid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have seen this thread a few times and read it because I am tall and squat. A couple of things always come up on these threads.

A bunch of people attack the OP / Tall posters saying things like "excuses" "you have more potential" "worlds strongest men are tall" etc..

I don't know why everyone brings up world strongest men or world class strength athletes, that's like saying.. Donald trump is a millionaire why aren't you? You have the same potential as him so no excuses.

Tall people shouldn't complain or make excuses, but I believe it's a fact that it's harder to learn to squat, and to make gains early on for a tall person. You have the basic physics which I can't explain well.. but has to do with length of limbs, longer movement, more "work" as in energy.

Also for most taller people, the limbs get longer, the muscles don't scale the same. You don't get an equal amount of strength/muscle mass to your height as you scale up.

I enjoy the squat, took me awhile to get the form down, and I can't lift a lot but I love doing them. Like others I had to get my core strengthened and work on flexibility for awhile.