cross_trainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Power Clean and "Continental" World Record

Does anyone know what the current world records for the power clean (no dipping) and "Continental" are? This would provide us with a good foundation for comparing lifts from different eras, where the technique was not as advanced.

Walkin'tall machinegunman PrivateBaldrick's Avatar
    PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What do you mean, "no dipping?" It's a power clean if you catch it above parallel. As far as power clean records go, I know top Olympic lifters do some big numbers. Cuban lifter Pablo Lara is known to have done 190 kilos (420 lbs.) at 76 kilos (167.5 lbs), and I know big guys like Alexeyev and Botev have done over 500 lbs. I don't know about the continental clean.

cross_trainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PrivateBaldrick View Post
    What do you mean, "no dipping?" It's a power clean if you catch it above parallel. As far as power clean records go, I know top Olympic lifters do some big numbers. Cuban lifter Pablo Lara is known to have done 190 kilos (420 lbs.) at 76 kilos (167.5 lbs), and I know big guys like Alexeyev and Botev have done over 500 lbs. I don't know about the continental clean.

Substitute "no" for "limited". The problem in comparing clean figures from the late 19th century to this era is that the old-timers used very little dipping at all. Thus, the difficulty in comparing weight lifted in different time periods.

Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've seen video of Dimas powercleaning with very little dip and it was over 350lbs I think. It was in his 92 training video. Very fast lifts. I would imagine the bigger guys doing over 400 with little dip. Pablo Lara's heavy power cleans are fairly deep. Only a little above parallel.

Dummkopf is a name known to all. (+5000) Dummkopf is a name known to all. (+5000) Dummkopf is a name known to all. (+5000) Dummkopf is a name known to all. (+5000) Dummkopf is a name known to all. (+5000) Dummkopf is a name known to all. (+5000) Dummkopf is a name known to all. (+5000) Dummkopf is a name known to all. (+5000) Dummkopf is a name known to all. (+5000) Dummkopf is a name known to all. (+5000) Dummkopf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Someone at my school does 350

PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Marc27Default View Post
    I've seen video of Dimas powercleaning with very little dip and it was over 350lbs I think. It was in his 92 training video. Very fast lifts. I would imagine the bigger guys doing over 400 with little dip. Pablo Lara's heavy power cleans are fairly deep. Only a little above parallel.
    That's true about the Lara video that I've seen, which was from an Ironmind tape. Now that I think about it, in another Ironmind training hall tape, for the '99 Worlds, Yoto Yotov, a lifter in the same weight class as Lara, who wasn't even competing, but rather coaching, does a 182.5 kilo power clean with basically no dip. Hossein Rezazadeh sometimes looks like he could powerclean about 250 if he wanted to.

Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I really don't see the point in having a powerclean world record because the clean will always allow more weight to be used, plus you get into specifics and such.

2001kx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 2001kx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 2001kx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 2001kx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 2001kx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 2001kx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 2001kx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 2001kx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 2001kx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 2001kx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 2001kx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    i dont even do powerclean in the gym and i can do 365

Krollmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krollmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krollmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krollmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krollmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krollmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krollmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krollmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krollmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krollmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krollmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 2001kx View Post
    Good. But you know if you are gonna brag like that, you have to post a vid.
    My journal:
    http://www.fortifiediron.com/invision/inde...t=0#entry552436

SUPER COSMOS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a thai olympic women won the asians games and broke world record this year and her weight is 63kg
    Height/177cm
    Weight/ 143
    want to be very... very... stong and muscular
    gettin stronger every week

XBlasphemyX is a complete loser! (-2000) XBlasphemyX is a complete loser! (-2000) XBlasphemyX is a complete loser! (-2000) XBlasphemyX is a complete loser! (-2000) XBlasphemyX is a complete loser! (-2000) XBlasphemyX is a complete loser! (-2000) XBlasphemyX is a complete loser! (-2000) XBlasphemyX is a complete loser! (-2000) XBlasphemyX is a complete loser! (-2000) XBlasphemyX is a complete loser! (-2000) XBlasphemyX is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Krollmonster View Post
    Good. But you know if you are gonna brag like that, you have to post a vid.
    He won't...because he can't.

BustaReims has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BustaReims has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BustaReims has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BustaReims has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BustaReims has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BustaReims has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BustaReims has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BustaReims has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BustaReims has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BustaReims has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BustaReims has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 2001kx View Post
    Vids or neg
    It's taken me about 10 years to finally 'GET IT'

vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by PrivateBaldrick View Post
    im not big on powercleans but i can do 210@150 ....but ur sayin u have to catch it above parallel??
    Back to build!
    150lbs
    PRS
    Squat 420 2009
    Bench 250 2009
    Deadlift 440 2009
    Total 1100 2009

Originally Posted by Ibanez View Post
    I really don't see the point in having a powerclean world record because the clean will always allow more weight to be used, plus you get into specifics and such.
    Yeah, there really is no official world record. No one keeps track of power cleans, we're just speculating.

5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by vican20 View Post
    im not big on powercleans but i can do 210@150 ....but ur sayin u have to catch it above parallel??
    That's decent. I would expect you to get more though with your higher deadlift just cause.
    And even though I'm still bleedin Im gonna keep comin' at you cause I'm still breathin