Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

AC Joint pain, what exercise to avoid?

Everytime I do chest/shoulders, I get pain on my ac joint.
    What exercises should be avoided when you have ac joint pain?
    I dont want to completely stop working the chest and shoulders...

My mesomorph has awakened GreaseMark's Avatar
    GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
    Madevliz, First the bad news. If you are lifting with shoulder pain, you are in dangerous territory, my friend. Shoulders are unique joints, very complex with tight spaces and tolerances. Pain from that area has to be taken very seriously. Never lift with shoulder pain. Try rest and ice, if you cannot lift pain free, see a doctor.

Now, the not so bad news. There are some exercises you can do that may help. Most shoulder routines do not include exercise band or cable sets for internal and external rotation exercises. These help strengthen most of the smaller muscles that help stabilize the shoulder and lessen the chance for injury. These may lessen or possibily eliminate your AC joint pain. Do them before every workout as part of your warmup.

These videos demonstrate how:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23s4w6OfhuQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pY7S...eature=channel

Good Luck!

Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GreaseMark View Post
    Madevliz, First the bad news. If you are lifting with shoulder pain, you are in dangerous territory, my friend. Shoulders are unique joints, very complex with tight spaces and tolerances. Pain from that area has to be taken very seriously. Never lift with shoulder pain. Try rest and ice, if you cannot lift pain free, see a doctor.

Now, the not so bad news. There are some exercises you can do that may help. Most shoulder routines do not include exercise band or cable sets for internal and external rotation exercises. These help strengthen most of the smaller muscles that help stabilize the shoulder and lessen the chance for injury. These may lessen or possibily eliminate your AC joint pain. Do them before every workout as part of your warmup.

These videos demonstrate how:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23s4w6OfhuQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pY7S...eature=channel

Good Luck!
    thank you for the videos

ill go see a doctor for sure, but they'll prolly just tell me to stop lifting...

My mesomorph has awakened GreaseMark's Avatar
    GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

thank you for the videos

ill go see a doctor for sure, but they'll prolly just tell me to stop lifting...
    They may at first, but I think this can be resolved. It may take some time, patience is the key!

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    really simple heuristic
    never move into pain.
    reduce
    -load
    -speed
    -range of motion
    -torque

if none of that helps, change the movement

if you're serious about getting this fixed and your doc says there's just some inflamation or low grade tendinopathy and to see a PT, go see someone who knows movement and can help you. You're in montreal. THere's a coach there i'd recommend you see; tell him mc recommended you. He can assess your movement and help you recover your shoulder pain free. PM me if you go to see him, ok?

Hugo Le Bire
    514-234-6936
    Email:
    hugo@labatcave.com

best
    mc

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Unhappy

With my AC joint problems, I was told to STOP doing any overhead exercises. This includes bench press, shoulder press, some pulldowns. If it hurts, don't do it. I'm in pre-op PT right now, doing lots of isometrics, stretching and band exercises, also doing exercises with those embarrassing pink dumbells.

BG
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

Originally Posted by beachguy498 View Post
    With my AC joint problems, I was told to STOP doing any overhead exercises. This includes bench press, shoulder press, some pulldowns. If it hurts, don't do it. I'm in pre-op PT right now, doing lots of isometrics, stretching and band exercises, also doing exercises with those embarrassing pink dumbells.

BG
    that's weird, Shoulder press doesn't hurt me. I can also do lateral raises without any pain. I can slightly feel it on db bench, but not that much. Id say the dips hurts the most.

Funny thing is, when I DB curl, I feel it a bit too, what does that say?

The Physique Enthusiast Rasc170's Avatar
    Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    that's weird, Shoulder press doesn't hurt me. I can also do lateral raises without any pain. I can slightly feel it on db bench, but not that much. Id say the dips hurts the most.

db curls put strain on your tendons and ligaments because it is what stabalizes your arm. If it hurts dont do em
    4k+ my friends call me Ras

Being strong and fat is like being skinny with abs. Neither of them count

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

as said, we can't say "well when i did a shoulder thing i was told not to do blah"

- this is HIGHLY INDIVIDUAL

and if you care about yourself, you'll see a pro who will assess YOU rather than focus on what you supposedly have, and work from there.

example:
    http://www.begin2dig.com/2010/10/unp...lder-pain.html

mc

Originally Posted by mc- View Post

if you're serious about getting this fixed and your doc says there's just some inflamation or low grade tendinopathy and to see a PT, go see someone who knows movement and can help you. You're in montreal. THere's a coach there i'd recommend you see; tell him mc recommended you. He can assess your movement and help you recover your shoulder pain free. PM me if you go to see him, ok?
    Im considering seeing a physio to fix this problem.
    What kind of services does Hugo offer? What kind of money does he charge? (Im on a tight budget right now)

SnakeE117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakeE117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakeE117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakeE117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakeE117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakeE117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakeE117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakeE117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakeE117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakeE117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnakeE117 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Shoulders Hurt

Madevilz:

As recommended, go see a Sports/Ortho. Doctor, someone there will specialize in "shoulders" and evaluate your current complaints. In my case, a lot of my shoulder tendinitis, came from "weak" rotator cuffs and improver lifting techniques, and quite frankly, terrible form - whereas certain lifts places your shoulders at a vulnerable, high-risk positions. I'm currently rehabbing "shoulder tendinitis." It sucks. Remember to NOT WORK THROUGH PAIN. In my case, I'm glad that I took that advice, possibly avoiding rips/tears, impingements of the shoulder complex (just to name a few what if(s). Lift smart and listen to your body. If it hurts DON'T DO IT, work around...perhaps another excercise. - The Snake E117.

Im considering seeing a physio to fix this problem.
    What kind of services does Hugo offer? What kind of money does he charge? (Im on a tight budget right now)
    why not just call him and have a chat?

mc

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Shoulders are complex and often you can have 2 or more problems that make diagnosis difficult without a thorough exam and or an MRI. I can't do any "push" exercises or what I can do I'm very limited.

I wasn't told specifically to stop lifting, just to stop what can making my existing damage worse.

BG
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

brianscott2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've had an AC sprain since September...Barbell Bench is out...so is medium to wide grip barbell curls....and the worst one of all is the incline dumbbell curls...forget it....use dumbbells for Presses and go light 15-25 reps...A good intense excercise you can do that is not that heavy is the barbell pullover and press....they say if it is just a sprain it will eventually heal...mine has come a LONG way but not quite back yet...I woud say its 70 percent now.....The videos here are alwyas good for the shoulder...even if healthy..I use the shoulderhorn painlessly for external rotators...I'm am going to try the cable excercise here for internal rotators and hopefully it will help me....just looking at it here, I know that this one might cause some pain for me...I hope to start it very light and try to work up on it..BTW.....I have little to no pain eithjer on the overhead presses...even with a barbell!
    Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more. ~Edward H. Harriman