Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Legs too big?

WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by farley1324 View Post
    kilt ftw
    lol

jv2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

We Must see a pic!!

To be honest, I really happy to hear that you managed to develop your leg to the point that you think they are too big. ++++++Please post a picture of your posing and showing your legs and body in general++++++
    Lets be honest everybody that enjoys going to the gym, have met someone that feels to big. Pleasse we must see your legs so that we maybe judge of them. I feel that even though your legs maybe big. Its pretty hard that you would have them lean, with cuts that separates the hams from the quads. So I feel that your might be exagerating a lil.
    Please if any of the other people reading his post feel the same way. request for a pic of his legs

19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BombDonald View Post
    Almost all of my jeans have a hole right underneath my sack, that is annoying.
    Haha, so do most of mine, I'm proud of my thigh created trouser holes

D_scolman_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I were in your position where I thought my legs were just disproportionate to the rest of my body I would start doing leg workouts using less weight but higher reps, maybe even double or triple the amount of reps you're doing now, I would also throw in some HIIT cardio right after my workouts, I would do this until the rest of my body caught up and I felt I was proportionate. If you just wanna be smaller in general I would either increase the amount of cardio I was doing which will make your whole body have less muscle mass or add more HIIT sessions to my workouts, High Intensity Intervals allow for your body to increase cardio vascular endurance while maintaining most of your present muscle mass. As always your diet plays a huge role in your body composition, if you cut your calories while maintaining the same workout regiment you're going to lose weight.

bodybuilder312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WilWander View Post
    Hey guys,

I've always been more of a bottom heavy body type - my quads and glutes being bigger than the rest of me.

I've developed my back and shoulders okay so far but my quads especially have kind of exploded in line with that, after some pretty intense training the past few months.

The problem is it's kind of out proportion. In fact, the jeans/pants I was wearing are now too small - not around my waist, but around my quads, so I can't even walk properly in them!

I've kind of relaxed the leg workouts lately but what would be your advice? To lay off of them until they can be in better proportion or just take it easy on them?

i love having big legs. its worth all the down sides. Ive ripped alot of underwear working my legs. Just from walking they get pump and my underwear end up at the top of my legs. Also to bring u upper body in balance with your legs. just use less volume for u legs. pretty much build them slower.

Registered User AnxietyCoachJoh's Avatar
    AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnxietyCoachJoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zealot_paul View Post
    This is the first time i heard a guy complaining of having legs that were to big :|. U should be boasting here, not complaining,lol.
    Agree. lol

SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "Legs too big"

>Does not compute

huskey24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sprints, Plyo, and Agility

Could be good to try switching your focus to sprinting, jumping, and longer distance running for a while.

Sprints, if done well and at least 1-2 times a week, will (1) make any fat on your legs and upper body disappear fast, (2) make your legs leaner and more explosive, (3) still noticeably increase your leg strength, and (4) make your whole body look great for competitions (if you compete). And really, who can complain about getting noticeably faster, more agile, and more explosive as side benefits.

In your case, I'd do more of the 100m, 200m, and 400m sprints, which don't increase leg size as much as 20 - 60m sprints do.

Ideally, you'd keep working out legs in the gym pretty seriously as well, but maybe switch to more reps with less weight for a while. The focus of your leg workouts would switch to sprints, jumps, and longer distance running, though.

Adding a good bit of longer distance running (intervals or cardio steady pace) would trim your legs down a bit, while keeping them strong, cutting down fat, and getting you in better cardio shape.

Anyway, that's my take. Hope it helps.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by huskey24 View Post
    Could be good to try switching your focus to sprinting, jumping, and longer distance running for a while.

Sprints, if done well and at least 1-2 times a week, will (1) make any fat on your legs and upper body disappear fast, (2) make your legs leaner and more explosive, (3) still noticeably increase your leg strength, and (4) make your whole body look great for competitions (if you compete). And really, who can complain about getting noticeably faster, more agile, and more explosive as side benefits.

In your case, I'd do more of the 100m, 200m, and 400m sprints, which don't increase leg size as much as 20 - 60m sprints do.

Ideally, you'd keep working out legs in the gym pretty seriously as well, but maybe switch to more reps with less weight for a while. The focus of your leg workouts would switch to sprints, jumps, and longer distance running, though.

Adding a good bit of longer distance running (intervals or cardio steady pace) would trim your legs down a bit, while keeping them strong, cutting down fat, and getting you in better cardio shape.

Anyway, that's my take. Hope it helps.

Don't think so

Brian22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by grumble1 View Post
    Sngo, you type English about as well as many native speakers. That says good things about your English and bad things about the English of many native speakers.

OP: you'll need to buy new pants because you are too awesome for your current ones. Really? You want to become less awesome so you can fit into not-awesome person pants?
    "you'll need to buy new pants because you are too awesome for your current ones."

--> This is the best response in this thread! lol

JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Darn the bad luck...

I'm working against exactly the opposite situation, trying to bring my upper legs up to par. Meet you somewhere in the middle?

Hey guys,

I've always been more of a bottom heavy body type - my quads and glutes being bigger than the rest of me.

I've developed my back and shoulders okay so far but my quads especially have kind of exploded in line with that, after some pretty intense training the past few months.

The problem is it's kind of out proportion. In fact, the jeans/pants I was wearing are now too small - not around my waist, but around my quads, so I can't even walk properly in them!

I've kind of relaxed the leg workouts lately but what would be your advice? To lay off of them until they can be in better proportion or just take it easy on them?

Marduk74 is just really nice. (+1000) Marduk74 is just really nice. (+1000) Marduk74 is just really nice. (+1000) Marduk74 is just really nice. (+1000) Marduk74 is just really nice. (+1000) Marduk74 is just really nice. (+1000) Marduk74 is just really nice. (+1000) Marduk74 is just really nice. (+1000) Marduk74 is just really nice. (+1000) Marduk74 is just really nice. (+1000) Marduk74 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're big in the pants you should consider that a good thing

ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I squateted and no longer fit into skinny jeans. Cry. I'm no longer in.

Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have the same dilemma and it's significantly reduced the number of jeans that I can wear out of my collection, so I've decided to start dieting down until I can fit into them. I have about 20-25 pairs of jeans I can't fit into because of this, and it gets old cycling through a small number of ones left that I can fit into.
    --- Nick ---

Lollyponch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, what i would give to experience the cultural phenomenon that is... skinny jeans.

n1k0l1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) n1k0l1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) n1k0l1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) n1k0l1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) n1k0l1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) n1k0l1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) n1k0l1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) n1k0l1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) n1k0l1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) n1k0l1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) n1k0l1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

no pics = negs by morning

imeantit
    1 rep max
    Bench 315
    Deadlift 550
    Squat 495... effin 5 lbs away

I rep back

Alpha Beard Crew

jakdguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys,

do some walking on a treadmill or try doing less weight and more reps when you work your lower body

try 50-60% weight with 20-30 reps

Swatti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

keep training em

just work on catching your upperbody and hams up to your quads. If you have a sensational bodypart the last thing you ought to do is reduce it. I also have legs that over-power my upperbody, but im catching up. My legs are the reason I place better than many competitors. Yeah it sucks buying pants that are way too large around the waist, but deal with it. Take Trey Brewer as an example. He placed well at the national levels, then backed off his leg training and fell. If you've got good legs, use em to put others to shame in comparisons.
    Bending Bars and Limits.

chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by n1k0l1 View Post
    imeantit
    definitely. Post pics of said legs. OP is fraudin with his "big" legs

PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jv2 View Post
    request for a pic of his legs
    Originally Posted by chrisboudreaux View Post
    definitely. Post pics of said legs. OP is fraudin with his "big" legs
    Originally Posted by n1k0l1 View Post
    imeantit
    i can't believe this thread is still going.

there are plenty of places to go if you want pics of big legs. you don't need to pester the op about it, you can go right now.

do you know the op? do you care about his opinion (be honest, now). do you think he'll care about yours enough to go and take some photos and upload them?

move along, people.
    quit resurrecting the dead thread.

Crede quod habes, et habes.
    Believe that you have it, and you have it.

deathpoint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deathpoint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deathpoint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deathpoint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deathpoint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deathpoint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deathpoint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deathpoint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deathpoint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deathpoint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deathpoint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I envy your quads. Don't be mad that they are big, you should be rubbing it in everyone's face. If there is anything I want, it's massive legs and a massive squat.
    Go hard or go home.

Baked, not fried ;)

brucegeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Adamisseyegh View Post
    Just wanted to say that the ladies appreciate big (nonfat) legs...Also dude don't lay it off but like a true body-builder you have to sculpture you body to what you feel comfortble with , if that means using a maintenance weight in your leg work outs then why not? this is perfectly ok and actually important if you truly are trying to achieve proportionality.. I don't think you are worried like everyone says about having legs to big, its all about proportion, cuz they wouldn't be to big if they were in proportion right?
    Fully agree
    The Iron Never Lies!

arose13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cheers guys.

I suppose it's more a self-image thing, wanting it to be in line with my expectations.

The pants issue is more annoyance - not being able to wear my favourite jeans I bought only a few months earlier!
    I know precisely what you mean I feel like these guys arent being understanding what you're actually talking about. What I did and it worked very very well is that I ran in the morning or sometime in the night and didnt take any kind of protein. I also avoided taking protein as a meal replacement (I do alot of walking and I actually built muscle and tone just from talking syntha 6 and walking!) and finally I wouldnt do any leg work out and I made sure my protein shake was with me on work out days and I drank it after my workout and didnt more for atleast 45minutes. I hope this helps

Rdubbed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same problem. Quads are so thick that they always rub and tear my pants cause they're so tight.
    I've spent all summer running, performing HIIT and doing sport squats occasionally.
    I haven't had a dedicated leg workout in months and my quads have only shrunk a little bit. Just enough atrophy to save some pants.
    Do something, anything. Just don't sit there.

Mass Quantities Consumer theGuy045's Avatar
    theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by arose13 View Post
    I do alot of walking and I actually built muscle and tone just from talking syntha 6 ands

bahahahaha

My legs are actually too big and what I did was squat and deadlift more because there is no going back. If it wasn't for under armor I would light as fire every time I walked anywhere, and I wouldn't want it any other way.
    '.'
    ',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',
    stickies + search button = teaching a man to fish
    ',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',','
    .'.________________

TR0LLF4CE is on a distinguished road. (+10) TR0LLF4CE is on a distinguished road. (+10) TR0LLF4CE is on a distinguished road. (+10) TR0LLF4CE is on a distinguished road. (+10) TR0LLF4CE is on a distinguished road. (+10) TR0LLF4CE is on a distinguished road. (+10) TR0LLF4CE is on a distinguished road. (+10) TR0LLF4CE is on a distinguished road. (+10) TR0LLF4CE is on a distinguished road. (+10) TR0LLF4CE is on a distinguished road. (+10) TR0LLF4CE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Better to have legs that are too big than too small. Keep training them hard, and consider it your insurance against chicken legs.

jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by arose13 View Post
    I know precisely what you mean I feel like these guys arent being understanding what you're actually talking about. What I did and it worked very very well is that I ran in the morning or sometime in the night and didnt take any kind of protein. I also avoided taking protein as a meal replacement (I do alot of walking and I actually built muscle and tone just from talking syntha 6 and walking!) and finally I wouldnt do any leg work out and I made sure my protein shake was with me on work out days and I drank it after my workout and didnt more for atleast 45minutes. I hope this helps

Also, if the OP ever comes back, I want to point out that if you're going to limit your leg training because of concern that you won't fit into your jeans, then this sport is not for you. Try stamp collecting.

chiefgreybeard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chiefgreybeard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chiefgreybeard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chiefgreybeard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chiefgreybeard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey guys,

The best legs and glutes that I ever saw were Eric Heiden ( 5 gold medals in speed skating) and Walter Payton (running back for the Chicago Bears). Eric did a lot of interval training on a bike, Walter did a lot of wind sprints.

Oletimer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys,

I wish I had your problem. My legs are the opposite. don't seem to respond to heavy leg workouts. You can't reduce your legs, so concentrate on the upper body and just keep the legs conditioned with cardio and low weight and high reps...oletimer
    Proverbs 27:1-2

getbigger85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys,

If you are 6' 182lbs I highly doubt your legs are "too big" whatever that means!!!
    Train. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!