Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000)

I believe overtraining is a myth (srs) (pics)

Can't believe people are afraid to lift the same muscles back to back and believing they will die or something. Obviously lifting a bodyparty a day is good but you won't die if you don't follow that kind of program.
    Bodybuilding is different from what I am about to post, but don't go crazy if you want to lift the same bodypart more than once a week.

All of these guys lift the same or do the same EVERY day and looked ripped as ****. They just need to adapt, eat and rest enough.
    Examples:
    (obviously genetics play a role in looks)

Usain Bolt - Olympic Sprinter

Originally Posted by http://www.squidoo.com/usain-bolt-workout
    His workouts have helped him with muscular endurance though. Bolt trains 6 days per week with an hour per day focused on weight work in the gym.
    Here are a few of his strength training exercises:
    Machine squat: 1 set of 10 reps, 1 set of 8 reps to build power in his quads and back
    Seated chest press: 1 set of 10 reps, 1 set of 8 reps to improve his total body strength
    Leg extensions: 1 set of 10 reps, 1 set of 8 reps to develop strength endurance for his quads

Other core exercises to improve 100m and 200m speed include:
    Tyson Gay - Former worlds fastest sprinter

Originally Posted by Tyson Gay interview
    I do the same workout everyday
    ^ Paraphrasing

Ivan Stoitsov - Olympic Weightlifter

Originally Posted by http://stronglifts.com/how-to-get-a-body-like-ivan-stoitsov/
    Olympic weight lifters train 6-8 times per week. Often 2x/day
    Chris Hoy - British Olympic Indoor cyclist

Originally Posted by http://uk.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_300/312_fitness-interview-chris-hoy-training-guide.html
    In terms of actual day-to-day training; a normal training day would begin with a gym session for about two hours, focusing on strength; so heavy weights on the lower body, with the main exercise being free weight squatting, with between one and ten repetitions depending on the time of year and the aim of the session.

er a two hour gym session we go to the track at the velodrome, and that usually lasts three hours. That would involve a number of different kinds of sessions focusing on one different component per session. So we might work on acceleration, and in that session you’re looking to do nothing but work on your change of pace, from standing starts or from low-speed to high-speed, and you’ll do anything from between ten and fourteen efforts in a session for that kind of exercise
    Chinese lifters. Le Maosheng(62kg), Zhan Xugang(77kg) and Shi Zhiyong(69kg).

The other major approach is the Bulgarian approach to training. Bulgarian weightlifters train a number of times (4-6) per day. They do not have a great variety of exercises (usually the competition lifts, a “power” variation of the lifts, squats, and sometimes pulls). They also train at high intensity for most of the year. In some ways it is similar to the training approach in powerlifter where one only benches, squats, and deadlifts in each workout. The training is very rigorous and is an example of specificity of training. Here is an example of a Bulgarian program (preparation of the National Team for the 1980 Olympics):

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
    09:00-10:00 am: Snatch
    10:30-11:30 am: Clean and Jerk
    11:30-12:30 pm: Clean pulls
    05:00-06:00 pm: Clean and Jerk
    06:30-07:30 pm: Snatch
    07:30-08:00 pm: Front Squat
    08:00-08:30 pm: Snatch Pulls
    Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday

09:00-10:00 am: Snatch from the hang
    10:30-11:30 am: Partial Jerks
    11:30-12:00 pm: Back Squat
    12:00-12:30 pm: Power Clean
    12:30-01:30 pm: Snatch and Clean Pulls
    Yang Wei - Olmypic Gymnast

David Haye – Pro boxer

Originally Posted by David Haye himself
    "I work on strength, meaning fewer reps. I do the bench press (145kg), squats (180kg) and chin-ups (with 45kg weights around my waist). Two sessions a day - two days on, one day off."
    "I do a lot of bag work. Then I lie down and my trainer, Adam Booth, smashes a medicine ball on my stomach to train me to take blows."

"Six weeks before a fight I'll do 50-minute runs. As it nears I do shorter runs and intervals."
    TL;DR

- These guys lift weights daily for several hours -usually same bodyparts + all their sprinting, cycling or whatever sport they do.
    - They are strong, atheltic, fit and ripped
    - **** overtraining, eat enough and rest
    Last edited by ViktorM; 11-12-2010 at 07:11 AM.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=533372913#post533372913

Sub my log and I'll return the favour.

skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are stupid if you don't recognize the difference in training style they are using compared to the typical bodybuilding training style. And "training" doesn't always necessarily mean weights.

If you do a typical bodybuilding style of training with multiple sets and exercises for each body part on a ful body split training to failure every day. You will over train.

You are comparing two totally different things.

Oh and,

Age: thinks he knows everything d but doesn't know ****.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    PTS Certified

I'm a little tea pot.

White Knight in training BanWagon's Avatar
    BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ViktorM View Post
    - **** overtraining, eat enough and rest
    and rest? Isn't your whole argument that you don't need rest? Will try and will sue if i injure myself.
    I rep back all Heavenly Blessed Beauties. Rep me to find out if you are the most gorgeous thing that I have ever set my eyes on. My life has now changed and I am now a better person because of you. I look forward to waking up every morning so I can bask in your everlasting glow. Love is an understatement and all words are too vague to express the love I have for you. Your genuine innocence and love is an inspiration to us all!

foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) foXs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by skarotum View Post

^^^
    ♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind

MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think over eating is a myth

ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000) ViktorM is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by skarotum View Post
    You are stupid if you don't recognize the difference in training style they are using compared to the typical bodybuilding training style. And "training" doesn't always necessarily mean weights.

If you do a typical bodybuilding style of training with multiple sets and exercises for each body part on a ful body split training to failure every day. You will over train.

You are comparing two totally different things.

Oh and,

Pretty sure I just made it clear that these guys lift every day + their cardio and bodyweight and as you can see from their pics, they are doing good.
    And I don't think I know everything, I just think people are too paranoid about overtraining and that the word gets thrown around alot.

Originally Posted by BanWagon View Post
    and rest? Isn't your whole argument that you don't need rest? Will try and will sue if i injure myself.
    Sleep = Rest
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=533372913#post533372913

Sub my log and I'll return the favour.

TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeeR4v_Gainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    these guys are not training like a bodybuilder. they are training like an athlete. they are two very different things. go to the gym, do 4 sets of 8-12 squats, 4 sets of lunges, leg extensions, sldl, and hamstring curls. wake up the next day and do it again, tell me how it works out for u
    We are all a sum total of our experiences. As you grow and gain more experiences, those new experiences help shape and refine your perspective.

"Gov't doesn't fix problems, it subsidizes them." Ronald Reagan

Grey Knights Unite

LaughingBuddha is just really nice. (+1000) LaughingBuddha is just really nice. (+1000) LaughingBuddha is just really nice. (+1000) LaughingBuddha is just really nice. (+1000) LaughingBuddha is just really nice. (+1000) LaughingBuddha is just really nice. (+1000) LaughingBuddha is just really nice. (+1000) LaughingBuddha is just really nice. (+1000) LaughingBuddha is just really nice. (+1000) LaughingBuddha is just really nice. (+1000) LaughingBuddha is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also all those guys you posted are on a tremendous amount of performance-enhancing substances, which also speed up muscle recovery.

Registered User captain_natural's Avatar
    captain_natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) captain_natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) captain_natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) captain_natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) captain_natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) captain_natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) captain_natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) captain_natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) captain_natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) captain_natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) captain_natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    this isnt gonna end well.
    1k+

Old avi and stats are old.

MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BanWagon View Post
    He obviously means sleep at night stupid phuck

skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TeeR4v_Gainer View Post
    these guys are not training like a bodybuilder. they are training like an athlete. they are two very different things. go to the gym, do 4 sets of 8-12 squats, 4 sets of lunges, leg extensions, sldl, and hamstring curls. wake up the next day and do it again, tell me how it works out for u
    Exactly. But, you'd have to do a whole body and train everything everyday.

OP, powerlifters also train every day. Heavy ass squats, bench and deads etc. But the style of training is totally different and taxes teh body in a totally different way than BBing style. You CAN NOT do a full body bodybuilding style workout every day. You WILL over train. Plus, you'd be a complete idiot.
    PTS Certified

I'm a little tea pot.

frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think there is something to be said for the crossfit schedule 2-on-1-off/ 3-on-2-off

I find I get the best results from 2-on-1 off. One day heavy compounds for strength one day lighter higher rep compounds for conditioning.

Also most of those training schedules are principally training the CNS ie teaching the body to sprint, snatch, box, whatever. Bulgarian method works because the cns component of the lift is by far the biggest component. A 110lb girl pro could probably out snatch and c+j an ifbb pro if he had never done either of the movements

CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOL @ the OP posting known juicers to prove his point. What a tool.

Here's the chain of events that lead to a crash from overtraining:

1) Muscle Fatigue
    2) The adrenal glands secrete extra adrenaline to aid with pain and boost energy in fatigued muscles
    3) The thymus gland steps in once the adrenal glands can't handle the full workload.
    4) After the adrenals AND thymus are overstressed, the heart plays its role by bumping up your heartrate, the idea being that if oxygen can get to the muscles quicker, recovery will be boosted (hence elevated blood pressure, elevated resting heart rate, etc)
    5) If THAT'S not enough, the heart, in one last desperate move, actually shifts its position in the body to press up against the sternum. It is drawn to energy; it feeds off the skeleton's energetic field as a last gasp to for energy.

When all of these resources are tapped, the body crashes as a defense mechanism. It can only reduce stress at that point by forcing you to stop working out. Of course, shooting steroids circumvents all these problems by saturating the body with testosterone and allowing the body to synthesize way more protein, so adrenaline spikes aren't needed in the first place. Too many natty people get suckered into routines from juicers and destroy themselves.

No wait... its a myth. Just because.

AliensAreHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AliensAreHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AliensAreHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AliensAreHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AliensAreHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AliensAreHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AliensAreHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AliensAreHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AliensAreHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AliensAreHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AliensAreHere is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    They're all on gear (srs)

_Nomad_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Nomad_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Nomad_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Nomad_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Nomad_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Nomad_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Nomad_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Nomad_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Nomad_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Nomad_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Nomad_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    All of those guys juice madly...
    R.I.P Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich 24/03/1989 - 06/08/2011

There is no limit, you are the limit.

Treme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Treme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Treme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Treme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Treme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Treme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Treme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Treme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Treme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Treme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Treme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yeah, no such thing as over training if you are on the juicy juice... dumb****
    U mad cause I'm stylin' on you?
    ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄Official Misc Snowboard Crew❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

VasDeferens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VasDeferens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VasDeferens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VasDeferens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VasDeferens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VasDeferens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VasDeferens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VasDeferens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VasDeferens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VasDeferens is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VasDeferens is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Clive does biceps every day /thread

PowerFe2479 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFe2479 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFe2479 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFe2479 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFe2479 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFe2479 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFe2479 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFe2479 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFe2479 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFe2479 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFe2479 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    BTW Usain Bolt was so juiced up before the olympics. He was a nobody came on strong right before olympics, broke insane records set a PR ever sprint. After olympics records die back down

imhyoge will become famous soon enough. (+50) imhyoge will become famous soon enough. (+50) imhyoge will become famous soon enough. (+50) imhyoge will become famous soon enough. (+50) imhyoge will become famous soon enough. (+50) imhyoge will become famous soon enough. (+50) imhyoge will become famous soon enough. (+50) imhyoge will become famous soon enough. (+50) imhyoge will become famous soon enough. (+50) imhyoge will become famous soon enough. (+50) imhyoge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how does everyone know these guys juice ?
    aussie/malaysiaaa reppp

*Misc Aussie Crew*
    *DeadLift Junkies*
    *Official SNSD Crew*
    *Nissan Skyline Crew*

Learning chinese brah!

CaseinPoint is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseinPoint is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseinPoint is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseinPoint is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseinPoint is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseinPoint is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseinPoint is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseinPoint is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseinPoint is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseinPoint is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseinPoint is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I actually thought this was a good thread.
    These guys dont train for size, but maybe it comes with the years they've been training?

ibanez1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ibanez1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ibanez1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ibanez1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ibanez1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ibanez1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ibanez1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ibanez1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ibanez1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ibanez1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ibanez1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    some times i dont have a rest day for like 6 days and then my performance drops so i have to takes rest days to recover so i can be ready to train at my peak again.

also i dont juice so naturaly have to rest.

these guys have already got the body they want so they train sport specific not like bbs
    we are trying to get the body we want once we have it just a bit of maintanace and we could train sports specific

Get ripped or die mirin' BetaPhaggot's Avatar
    BetaPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) BetaPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) BetaPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) BetaPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) BetaPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) BetaPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) BetaPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) BetaPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) BetaPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) BetaPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) BetaPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000)
    █ █ Ele Shirt Crew (Red and Grey) █ █

RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian 1989 - 2011

Redminator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redminator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redminator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redminator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redminator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redminator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redminator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redminator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redminator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redminator will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redminator will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ViktorM View Post
    Tyson Gay - Former worlds fastest sprinter
    Photochop potential

Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I happen to agree with you

I don't believe in overtraining -- My philosophy is "I'll keep on going until my joints break" and that's what I've been doing; I work out 3-4 hours a day in the gym and have been doing so since January this year; now mind, I'm cutting and I haven't made bulking progress AT ALL but I HAVE made tremendous progress when it comes to not being a fat phuk anymore

Have yet to overtrain and I always go 100% Max/Max on my sets/reps, every day, every week, every month
    Achieving Zangief Mode log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124053701

Down 122 pounds since January 2010!

Latino26 is not very well liked. (-100) Latino26 is not very well liked. (-100) Latino26 is not very well liked. (-100) Latino26 is not very well liked. (-100) Latino26 is not very well liked. (-100) Latino26 is not very well liked. (-100) Latino26 is not very well liked. (-100) Latino26 is not very well liked. (-100) Latino26 is not very well liked. (-100) Latino26 is not very well liked. (-100) Latino26 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by CaseinPoint View Post
    I actually thought this was a good thread.
    These guys dont train for size, but maybe it comes with the years they've been training?
    genetics + juice + years of athlete training = dat dere body

Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malakaibeats is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CCAurora View Post
    Here's the chain of events that lead to a crash from overtraining:

1) Muscle Fatigue
    2) The adrenal glands secrete extra adrenaline to aid with pain and boost energy in fatigued muscles
    3) The thymus gland steps in once the adrenal glands can't handle the full workload.
    4) After the adrenals AND thymus are overstressed, the heart plays its role by bumping up your heartrate, the idea being that if oxygen can get to the muscles quicker, recovery will be boosted (hence elevated blood pressure, elevated resting heart rate, etc)
    5) If THAT'S not enough, the heart, in one last desperate move, actually shifts its position in the body to press up against the sternum. It is drawn to energy; it feeds off the skeleton's energetic field as a last gasp to for energy.
    mind=vaporized
    ITALIAN CREW
    PUREBLOOD CREW

AK911PSU is a name known to all. (+5000) AK911PSU is a name known to all. (+5000) AK911PSU is a name known to all. (+5000) AK911PSU is a name known to all. (+5000) AK911PSU is a name known to all. (+5000) AK911PSU is a name known to all. (+5000) AK911PSU is a name known to all. (+5000) AK911PSU is a name known to all. (+5000) AK911PSU is a name known to all. (+5000) AK911PSU is a name known to all. (+5000) AK911PSU is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Kind of have to agree with OP, though he is using World Class athletes as an example.

I remember when I had a legit schedule, I was doing 7 exercises for Back, Chest, Shoulders, Legs.

And I would do 4 for biceps and triceps.

People online would tell me that "it's way too much" but it worked fine for me. I never got hurt and I kept gaining weight and getting stronger.

Imagine my weight and height, 14 inch arms, deadlifting 325, benching more than 200.

I was doing great, and I will go back to that. BUT I always took at least 3 days off before I hit the same muscle group again.
    RIP Zyzz

Misc Muslim

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you oversimplify the OPs message I can agree with him. The human body can take a lot of stress and create remarkable results if dedicated. I think some people do fear overtraining and never push themselves to the limits to get the results they want. They have never felt what overtraining was.

With that said for a bodybuilder the emphasis is hypertrophy. I'll mention powerlifters too because they train similar to bodybuilders. If you train too much you WILL lose strength and mass. No question. If a bodybuilder trains a certain body part too much and not give it ample time to recover the person will not see growth. Powerlifters are the same with the exception when you are talking about the Central Nervous System you need to allow it more time to recover. If you deadlift every week 90% of your 1RM you will start losing strength.

Also as someone said those are athletes you mentioned. Training != resistance training.
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "Here are a few of his strength training exercises:
    Machine squat: 1 set of 10 reps, 1 set of 8 reps to build power in his quads and back
    Seated chest press: 1 set of 10 reps, 1 set of 8 reps to improve his total body strength
    Leg extensions: 1 set of 10 reps, 1 set of 8 reps to develop strength endurance for his quads"

lulz. Anyone could do that everyday. You're not going to overtraing doing 1 set of 10.
    They couldn't go back to the Greasers
    All they could do was pick up the pieces
    Surely Brenda and Eddie would always find a way to survive

slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    most of those guys are probably on juice (stoitsov got busted for it)

also, their full time job is training and recovery. Every minute of the day not training is spent recovering: pool, sauna, massage, hot tub, etc.
    Misc Strength Crew
    Russian Program Weightlifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=707588271