Thread: coachable

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)

coachable

Trainers: what would the phrase "must be coachable" mean to you? What type of client would you consider non-coachable?

I didn't hear no bell! Rap_Rocky's Avatar
    Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A client that is coachable to me, is someone that is open minded, willing to give it a try, listens, and is critical of themselves.

Uncoachable? Procrastinator, stubborn.
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.

FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rap_Rocky View Post
    A client that is coachable to me, is someone that is open minded, willing to give it a try, listens, and is critical of themselves.

Uncoachable? Procrastinator, stubborn.
    I'd like to add "quitter" to that list. I'm not a PT yet (I'm taking my exam in a few weeks), but if people quit before they even start getting trained, they're not worth anyone's time, I say.
    550/385/655, 285 overhead press, 330 push jerk, 250 weighted dip, 190 weighted pull-up, 413.8 max weighted pull-up, 450 front squat, 365 RFESS, 305 x 2 log press, 400 (per arm) farmer's carry, 370 atlas stone, 31 pull-ups at 247.

www.youtube.com/user/JoeyTheMilitant/videos
    Next competition date(s): November 9th & 10th, 2019.
    Instagram: @hiphopstrongman_reloaded

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks, guys. These answers are more benign that what I was imagining.

Anyone else?

jessen.brett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessen.brett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessen.brett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessen.brett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessen.brett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessen.brett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessen.brett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessen.brett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessen.brett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessen.brett is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessen.brett is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To me I think it would be someone who thinks you can get your dream body with just a personal trainer, meaning they expect the PERSONAL TRAINER to get them the perfect body and don't think that they have to do anything, I'm making sense in my head, hopefully everyone gets what I'm saying haha

kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by FLChamp View Post
    I'd like to add "quitter" to that list. I'm not a PT yet (I'm taking my exam in a few weeks), but if people quit before they even start getting trained, they're not worth anyone's time, I say.
    Some people shut down because they are nervous or afraid. It isn't alway quitting because they won't do it...sometimes anxiety makes it so they physically can't. Your job as a trainer is to work them through this and build their confidence slowly.

Anyone is coachable if you are capable of being their coach. Anyone can work out and be taught to succeed. Not every coach can figure out how to inspire that. It is very easy to blame the client when the solution may lie in you changing your approach.
    The mind leads the body...get your head right and the body will follow

ACE CPT
    NFPT CPT
    NCSF CPT