SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Quarter life crisis

Hi guys,

First of all I would like to emphasise that I am not feeling depressed, emo, sad, whatever. If anything, I haven't felt more happer in a long time...

But here goes, I have recently started a graduate/corporate job and have found the work itself to be relatively ok, but the tediousness and slowness of things, as well the backchatting/bitching nature of the environment have slowly worn me down...if I'm honest I was quite upset a few weeks ago, prior going to holiday to India.

But having returned from India my whole perspective of life has changed. I stayed in cities and villages my ancestors were from and couldn't believe how chilled out everybody was. The concept of stress doesn't seem to exist in certain parts of India. On top of this, the locals were so welcoming and full of banter...I loved it. What has kinda changed my view on things the most is that I visited my uncle's farm in a village...it was money making machine..it had solar panels, cattle, huge rice/wheat plantations. He makes approx 5 times his living expenses...and this was on land that my ancestors worked on...it was quite sentimental..

But having returned back to the UK, I can't stop thinking about India and the way people live their lives. What I saw on the farm seemed like the most fulfilling job in the world (obv from my perspective)...I have been seriously contemplating on working or even starting up another farm there...it just seems so much fun compared to the boring 9-5, routine, corporate crap I'm subjected to every day.

But at the same time, I don't know if I'm being rash...is my experience familiar to anybody else? I am seriously thinking of packing in my job in about 3-6 months and living in India for about 6 months and work on the farm...but am I being rash? Don't get me wrong, the corporate job I have offers great benefits in terms of $$$, but to me, it's a chore and the BS I have to deal with...is that what life is REALLY about? Seriously? I have always taken the Western lifestyle as per normal, but having returned from India, my whole aspect on life has changed.

Anyone experienced this kinda **** before?
    BEFORE: 192lbs (~21% BF)
    CURRENT: 184 lbs (~12% BF)
    TARGET: 175 lbs (~7% BF)

5ft11.

*STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SquatUK View Post
    Hi guys,

First of all I would like to emphasise that I am not feeling depressed, emo, sad, whatever. If anything, I haven't felt more happer in a long time...

But here goes, I have recently started a graduate/corporate job and have found the work itself to be relatively ok, but the tediousness and slowness of things, as well the backchatting/bitching nature of the environment have slowly worn me down...if I'm honest I was quite upset a few weeks ago, prior going to holiday to India.

But having returned from India my whole perspective of life has changed. I stayed in cities and villages my ancestors were from and couldn't believe how chilled out everybody was. The concept of stress doesn't seem to exist in certain parts of India. On top of this, the locals were so welcoming and full of banter...I loved it. What has kinda changed my view on things the most is that I visited my uncle's farm in a village...it was money making machine..it had solar panels, cattle, huge rice/wheat plantations. He makes approx 5 times his living expenses...and this was on land that my ancestors worked on...it was quite sentimental..

But having returned back to the UK, I can't stop thinking about India and the way people live their lives. What I saw on the farm seemed like the most fulfilling job in the world (obv from my perspective)...I have been seriously contemplating on working or even starting up another farm there...it just seems so much fun compared to the boring 9-5, routine, corporate crap I'm subjected to every day.

But at the same time, I don't know if I'm being rash...is my experience familiar to anybody else? I am seriously thinking of packing in my job in about 3-6 months and living in India for about 6 months and work on the farm...but am I being rash? Don't get me wrong, the corporate job I have offers great benefits in terms of $$$, but to me, it's a chore and the BS I have to deal with...is that what life is REALLY about? Seriously? I have always taken the Western lifestyle as per normal, but having returned from India, my whole aspect on life has changed.

Anyone experienced this kinda **** before?

SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    Go.

SRS.

Go
    Is there anything you can think that looks rash or silly? To me, this seems so...right...but I have always been an open minded person and enjoy listening to other people's views.

5ft11.

Originally Posted by *STEVE* View Post
    Thanks for your input. Really opened my mind.

5ft11.

*STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SquatUK View Post
    Thanks for your input. Really opened my mind.

immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, I worked in the corp world directly out of college. I am now realizing how much life I missed out on while sitting on my rear in a cubicle. Go life life to its fullest. You are only young once.

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can certainly understand your sentiments and the draw that your homeland has for you. You said for a period of some 6 months? I don't know what the precise job situation is in your neck of the woods as far as finding employment, but you're young with many years ahead of you. Could be that you would completely 'find yourself' working on that farm, although the farm life can be deceptively alluring! LOL It's back-breaking labor to be sure. If you should find that it's not as you had imagined, you can always return to what you've studied and prepared yourself to do professionally. Whatever decision you should make, best of luck to you!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    Can certainly understand your sentiments and the draw that your homeland has for you. You said for a period of some 6 months? I don't know what the precise job situation is in your neck of the woods as far as finding employment, but you're young with many years ahead of you. Could be that you would completely 'find yourself' working on that farm, although the farm life can be deceptively alluring! LOL It's back-breaking labor to be sure. If you should find that it's not as you had imagined, you can always return to what you've studied and prepared yourself to do professionally. Whatever decision you should make, best of luck to you!
    Well I'd pretty much be guaranteed a job as I'd be working with my uncle! Without wanting to sound patronising, the whole concept of living is different. For example, I'd live in his house, food/water/bills all inclusive...all I'd be doing is working and spending time with family/locals/swimming whatever...family and chillout time is big in India...there will be periods during harvest times where work picks up big time, but that something that highly motivates me...because I'll know me and my family will reap the rewards of that hard work.

And regarding the back breaking labour, we already have labourers who work for my uncle in that sense. I will tend to operate machinery more and look after the animals...but to be honest, it's not the physical hard work that frightens me...it's the whole concept of "this is MY land...all the rewards of this land will go to ME and my FAMILY, no managers, no corp boards, no crap...it's that aspect that allures me...running your own business for you and your people..

In the corporate world, you're just a number, no matter how hard you work, you're still on the same structured BS paycheck..what kinda of life is that?

And yeah, who knows? This could end up being a complete fail...but at least I'll know...
    Last edited by SquatUK; 11-12-2010 at 02:51 PM.

5ft11.