Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

"Diluting" a bulk powder

Couldn't find an answer to this with the search. I have 5-htp bulk powder and I'm aiming to take around 100mg per serving. The bottle reads that 1/4 tsp is 460mg, and at best I have a 1/8tsp which would give ~230mg a serving, which is still too much. I could eyeball half of the 1/8th (giving ~115mg, perfect), but I'm wondering if there's a simpler way.

So how can I dilute a bulk powder? If the total powder weight is 20 grams, and I want to cut that concentration down to half, do I just add 20 grams of another powder like dextrose or creatine?

I don't have a scale and I'm not looking to cap.
    Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
    Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

Lo, there do I see my Father.
    Lo, there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers.
    Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
    They do bid me to take my place among them
    In the Halls of Valhalla,
    Where the Brave may live forever.
    -13th Warrior

ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You cannot use the theory of adding 20g dextrose to your current powder to "dilute" your concentration. There is absolutely no way to guarantee one scoop would not contain 75% dextrose and 25% 5-htp. The next scoop could be 90% 5-htp and 10% dextrose. Use your smallest measuring unit possible.

If you say that is your 1/8 tsp, just eyeball half. It cannot be that difficult to just eyeball half a scoop. If you go under/over by a small amount it should not have a significant impact

Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not even with shaking it up? Would the inhomogeneity be really that bad?

Yeah, i'm most likely going the half an 1/8 teaspoon route, just wanted to know for future reference for other powders.
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

-13th Warrior

Bump

-13th Warrior

BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mnx4 View Post
    I could eyeball half of the 1/8th (giving ~115mg, perfect), but I'm wondering if there's a simpler way.
    That is the simple way!
    Please support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital... www.stjude.org/give.html