NuPierre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up MASSIVE motivation - can I work out twice a day?

Hey guys!
    This will be my virigin post, just found this website a few days ago. Looks awesome!
    Anyway, I'm woking out 9 am every morning, and I've got such massive amounts of both energy and motivation, I feel I want to do another workout in the afternoo/evening. Will this make me gain more muscle mass, no difference or even reduce?

I'm eating ridiculous amounts every day, every 2,5-3 hrs, rich on both proteins and carbs, and of course fat as well. I'm also sleeping 7-8 hrs every night, and a stress free life over all.

Thx in advance, Pierre, Sweden

joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Although not generally recommended (especially if you are brand new to lifting), it is certainly possible given you are really in tune with what your body is capable of doing. How long have you been working out? What kind of lifting have you been doing in the past? Any specific goals in mind?

MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MR_HESS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you lift the right way and go hard enough, you shouldn't (wouldn't be able to) work out more than 5 times a week. Unless one session is strictly cardio, but at 163, you should think food.

rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MR_HESS View Post
    If you lift the right way and go hard enough, you shouldn't (wouldn't be able to) work out more than 5 times a week. Unless one session is strictly cardio, but at 163, you should think food.
    ^^^ this, food to 180-200

Thrazher is not very well liked. (-100) Thrazher is not very well liked. (-100) Thrazher is not very well liked. (-100) Thrazher is not very well liked. (-100) Thrazher is not very well liked. (-100) Thrazher is not very well liked. (-100) Thrazher is not very well liked. (-100) Thrazher is not very well liked. (-100) Thrazher is not very well liked. (-100) Thrazher is not very well liked. (-100) Thrazher is not very well liked. (-100)
    any support for that assertion? Or is that just what "someone" told you?

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you split up the volume you would use and divide it over the two sessions you could do it. If that wasn't your plan then it will hurt your gains more than it helps anything.
    Last edited by SwiftyX; 11-12-2010 at 11:20 AM.
    "Worrying about GI is a waste of time & energy." - Alan Aragon.

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Or you are wrong. One of the two. These's ways to do it right. You should build up it because most don't have the work capacity to even think about it. Stop with the macho posturing bull.
    "Worrying about GI is a waste of time & energy." - Alan Aragon.

nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nvranka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SwiftyX View Post
    If you split up the volume you would use and divide it over the two sessions you could it. If that wasn't your plan then it will hurt your gaims more than it helps anything.
    This. 2-a-days are really only effective when the workloads are split, or if one session is cardio. I haven't really ever heard of someone who does 2 equally intense and volume oriented sessions in one day...but it sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

The fact that you are even asking the question says you aren't a veteran/advanced lifter. I'd say by that fact alone...you should not be doing 2-a-days.

Pick up a sport/hobby to put your energy into, and continue with one workout session a day, I think that will be better for you.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by NuPierre View Post
    Anyway, I'm woking out 9 am every morning, and I've got such massive amounts of both energy and motivation, I feel I want to do another workout in the afternoo/evening. Will this make me gain more muscle mass, no difference or even reduce?
    Many pro bodybuilders use/have used double-splits. Worked great for them. No reason at all why it won't work for you.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

NuPierre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thx for all the answers guys, all feedback apreciated!
    I won't be doing it twice a day after thinking about it, I'm not a veteran in lifting obviously, 20 years old and only 165 lb, yeah, 5 days/week is probably enough. Just gonna have to put my extra energy into something else then, like studies