brooklyn718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brooklyn718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brooklyn718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brooklyn718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brooklyn718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brooklyn718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brooklyn718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brooklyn718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brooklyn718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brooklyn718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brooklyn718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Increasing pull ups?

i struggle to do 6 chin ups,and only can do 2-3 pull ups

how to increase the amount i can do

plus i can do 30 push ups if that matter but i never really did pull ups so its hard for me

Registered User MuscleMessiah86's Avatar
    MuscleMessiah86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You just have to keep working at them and do them in sets just as any other exercise. Try different grip variations. You need to strenthen your lats. Doing a pull up is very similar to lat pulldowns. Also, you can use wrist straps to concentrate on working your back without worrying about grip.

Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My suggestion would be to so several sets of chinups until you can only do one then do a bunch of lat pulldowns at a higher rep range once per week.

My mesomorph has awakened GreaseMark's Avatar
    GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GreaseMark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rasputin4 View Post
    My suggestion would be to so several sets of chinups until you can only do one then do a bunch of lat pulldowns at a higher rep range once per week.
    higher rep range?

kingpiccolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingpiccolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingpiccolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingpiccolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingpiccolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingpiccolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingpiccolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingpiccolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingpiccolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingpiccolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingpiccolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    shoot for a certain number say 15 pullups and do as many sets as it takes

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    slow negs. cheat your way up there when you need to. drop back down as slow as possible.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by brooklyn718 View Post

plus i can do 30 push ups if that matter but i never really did pull ups so its hard for me

"Greasing the groove." I've taught it to the kids I teach for awhile and it's essentially how I built up my pullup endurance.

Key with this technique is to not train to failure. However, every time you walk past the pullup bar, do 1/2 of your max number of reps. Ideally this would be during a 2-3 hour gym session, so if you have a pullup bar at home, do it every time you leave the room etc. If you can only do them at the gym, then aim to do 10-11 sets of 1/2 of whatever your max is. You can do this once or twice a week, and then the next week, bump your number of reps up by 1. Soon you'll be repping what your max used to be, and your max will grow exponentially.

See link for way more detail:

http://humanmachine.wordpress.com/20...-for-strength/

Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Andrewmc has it right. If you can only do 2-3 pullups "fresh" then do as many sets of 1-2 as you can every other day and you will see amazing increases in the number of reps you can achieve. After you get up to a respectable number, lets say 6-10, then get a dip belt and add weight, 5-10 lbs at a time and start all over. It's awesome to see how easy pullups are after doing weighted ones.
    3D072 - Cyber Systems Operations

OIF/OEFx2

drkknight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkknight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkknight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkknight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkknight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkknight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkknight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkknight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkknight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkknight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkknight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by brooklyn718 View Post

Try this: you can do 6 pullups so do 2 wait 10 seconds do 2 more, continue until you struggle to get the second one increase rest to 15 seconds same routine when you struggle add 5 seconds more rest do this for 15 minutes. I guarantee in 6 weeks you will be doing 10-12 pullups no prob.

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You increase pullups.... By doing pullups. Here's one good program:
    Attached Files

I didn't hear no bell! Rap_Rocky's Avatar
    Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jack_Lupino View Post
    slow negs. cheat your way up there when you need to. drop back down as slow as possible.
    this.
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Grease the groove is good. Also look into Pavel's ladders.
    "Worrying about GI is a waste of time & energy." - Alan Aragon.

alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do as much as you can, as long as your diet is decent you will see perfect results in couple of months..
    Think you can, think you can't; either way you are right!

I have a bellybutton The Shoeless Wonder's Avatar
    The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ive heard the ladder technique is good for this. you would do something like this:

1 PU, then 2 PUs, 3 PU, 4 PUs, ect.

take a rest between each set. when you hit your desired mark, test how many you can do in a row, then reset the number.