Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: From Y to X

hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000)

Keep on truckin'

Because Rich told me about my shoulder form I am going to spend some time doing SLDL at lower weight to get that straightened out. My flexibility sucks on these!

Push ups 10
    SLDL - 3 x 4 @ 100, 3 x 6 @ 40
    King dead lift - 3 x 8 per leg (and my balance sucks on these)

Machine chest fly - 2 x 8 @ 60
    DB chest press - 3 x 6 @ 35

Leg lifts 1 x 10
    Knees up ski leg lifts - 14

Alternating wall step downs - 2 x 12

WG pull up with 90lbs assist - 3

15 minutes stepper at level 7 - Book reading: The revenge of the radioactive lady - Elizabeth Stuckey-French

Jan 16 - 1970

Rich wants me to watch him play hockey -so tomorrow night I am going to do cardio at the rec centre (I still think I have a few times left on my pass) while he waits for his time and then watch him score some goals.

Only a few weeks left until Feb 5 - which marks the end of the Persephone season - aka the dark time. At our latitude we will have over 10 hours of light a day after Feb 5.
    Love others well, but love thyself the most

kannonshot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kannonshot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kannonshot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kannonshot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kannonshot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kannonshot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kannonshot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kannonshot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kannonshot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kannonshot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kannonshot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks like a solid work out to me Magz!! And your form on the SLDL was spot on from my vantage point!! Keep it up!! ;-)
    "Patience, young grasshopper"......"F**K that s**t!! I'm doing it now!!"

hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000)
    Watched Rich play hockey at the rec centre. It was pretty cool because I did 30 minutes walking at 4mph reading "The Omnivore's Dilemma"-Michael Pollan (book for school) and was gonna stop since I thought they shut at 9 and he started playing at 9. Well, the didn't shut till 10 and the cardio machines faced onto the ice so I rode the bike for 20 minutes and watched him from up there until I changed and sat in the bleachers. He got two goals and I think he was happy with that. Was nice to see him on the ice.

Jan 17 - 2095

Just a quick pop-in to note my calories.

Jan 18 - 2060
    Jan 19 - 2490 - yay, extra calories no binge - that's the way to do it
    Jan 20 - 2007
    ^We are driving to Haliburton tonight to spend the weekend with one of my friends for her birthday. This is the projected cal intake. We are getting Quizno's for supper - so if I eat half after work and half when we get to her place it should work out.

This weekend I know she will want to drink. I want to keep the beer to 4. Will just eat 2000 calories and have the beer on top. Sunday should be fine since we will leave at around noon. We are bringing tilapia to fry in coconut oil and this gluten-free breading she has for her daughter that is allergic to a ton of stuff and sweet potato fries for tomorrow for brunch. Yum.

It looks like we are going to the Bahamas this time next year with a bunch of my old friends. Some of us have lost touch in the past few years due to babies and whatnot so it will be nice to be together for a week. I hated the humidity in Cuba - they agreed to the Bahamas - it's still humid but not as humid! Plus, it's not a poor country. I know that sounds snobby but I prefer to travel to places where I am not 'richer' than the majority of the population.

I talked to my Mum about England and it looks like we will be going in July. I totally forgot about the Olympics going on! We will be there before but we may skip London and visit the seaside and maybe another random day trip. My Grandma lives in Leicester which is in the Midlands.

Was going to go to the gym yesterday but I sprained my right knee doing those one leg deadlifts. My balance is bad and I guess all the wobbling took its toll. I think I tried to progress more quickly than I should. I am going to keep on with these since I want my knees to be strong.

Had a great weekend! Lots of fun. We went to bed at 11:30 but everyone else went to the bar and then 3 diehards (including the birthday girl) went sledding in -21C weather until 5 in the morning! I do not have that in me anymore but I am glad she had fun!

Yesterday I did a home pregnancy test and it was positive. Craziness! I have an IUD and the strings are still there so it is quite a fluke. I have an appointment with the doctor Feb 1 for blood work to confirm and to get the IUD taken out. Apparently IUD pregnancies have high miscarriage rates in the 2nd and 3rd trimester if the IUD is left in. 50% high. You can lose the embryo when the IUD is pulled out but I would much rather lose it at the beginning stages than at 5 or 6 months, that is for sure. I did not really want kids but since it happened if it goes through - then that is what was supposed to happen. It is pretty weird since my bro and his wife are expecting their first July 5. Ours would be due in August some time.

I am not taking it for real until after the IUD is out. Only told my Mum, Rich and my friend Christina who we were visiting.

In any case, I am going to train a little differently just in case. No BB squats or deadlifts for now.

Hack squats (I figure that is OK for now since it is a machine) - 3 x 10 @ 95

Jump pull ups - 2 x 3

Over under - 10 per leg

Gator walk- 20 feet (I am doing them upstairs in the ladies section now that it is so busy on the floor so it is shorter)
    Bear crawl - 20 feet

Bench dips - 2 x 8

20 minutes stepper at 5.

So I finally lost a pound. Down to 183. I think I will just keep eating the lower calorie rate until I know for sure what is up. They say you do not really need any extra calories until the 3rd trimester anyhow.

Jan 20 - 2222 (had a coffee and 1 beer)
    Jan 21 - 4000 yummy lasagne, chips and dips and beer - not a binge - a party
    Jan 22 - 2130
    Jan 23 - 2275

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hieronymous View Post
    Just a quick pop-in to note my calories.

Jan 18 - 2060
    Jan 19 - 2490 - yay, extra calories no binge - that's the way to do it
    Jan 20 - 2007
    ^We are driving to Haliburton tonight to spend the weekend with one of my friends for her birthday. This is the projected cal intake. We are getting Quizno's for supper - so if I eat half after work and half when we get to her place it should work out.

This weekend I know she will want to drink. I want to keep the beer to 4. Will just eat 2000 calories and have the beer on top. Sunday should be fine since we will leave at around noon. We are bringing tilapia to fry in coconut oil and this gluten-free breading she has for her daughter that is allergic to a ton of stuff and sweet potato fries for tomorrow for brunch. Yum.

It looks like we are going to the Bahamas this time next year with a bunch of my old friends. Some of us have lost touch in the past few years due to babies and whatnot so it will be nice to be together for a week. I hated the humidity in Cuba - they agreed to the Bahamas - it's still humid but not as humid! Plus, it's not a poor country. I know that sounds snobby but I prefer to travel to places where I am not 'richer' than the majority of the population.

I talked to my Mum about England and it looks like we will be going in July. I totally forgot about the Olympics going on! We will be there before but we may skip London and visit the seaside and maybe another random day trip. My Grandma lives in Leicester which is in the Midlands.

Was going to go to the gym yesterday but I sprained my right knee doing those one leg deadlifts. My balance is bad and I guess all the wobbling took its toll. I think I tried to progress more quickly than I should. I am going to keep on with these since I want my knees to be strong.
    Oh I miss Quiznos so much, they used to be all over the place here, prime rib sammich nom nom nom. Guess I'll have to drive to Canada to get it! That's awesome about the upcoming trips, ooooo the Bahamas, never been but I imagine it'd be warm and fun with palm trees and colorful beach drinks, and no snow. Ouch on the knee! One legged DL sounds a bit hazardous, I'm still trying to get the two legged DL down! lol

Had a great weekend! Lots of fun. We went to bed at 11:30 but everyone else went to the bar and then 3 diehards (including the birthday girl) went sledding in -21C weather until 5 in the morning! I do not have that in me anymore but I am glad she had fun!

Yesterday I did a home pregnancy test and it was positive. Craziness! I have an IUD and the strings are still there so it is quite a fluke. I have an appointment with the doctor Feb 1 for blood work to confirm and to get the IUD taken out. Apparently IUD pregnancies have high miscarriage rates in the 2nd and 3rd trimester if the IUD is left in. 50% high. You can lose the embryo when the IUD is pulled out but I would much rather lose it at the beginning stages than at 5 or 6 months, that is for sure. I did not really want kids but since it happened if it goes through - then that is what was supposed to happen. It is pretty weird since my bro and his wife are expecting their first July 5. Ours would be due in August some time.

I am not taking it for real until after the IUD is out. Only told my Mum, Rich and my friend Christina who we were visiting.

In any case, I am going to train a little differently just in case. No BB squats or deadlifts for now.

Hack squats (I figure that is OK for now since it is a machine) - 3 x 10 @ 95

Jump pull ups - 2 x 3

Over under - 10 per leg

Gator walk- 20 feet (I am doing them upstairs in the ladies section now that it is so busy on the floor so it is shorter)
    Bear crawl - 20 feet

Bench dips - 2 x 8

20 minutes stepper at 5.

So I finally lost a pound. Down to 183. I think I will just keep eating the lower calorie rate until I know for sure what is up. They say you do not really need any extra calories until the 3rd trimester anyhow.

Jan 20 - 2222 (had a coffee and 1 beer)
    Jan 21 - 4000 yummy lasagne, chips and dips and beer - not a binge - a party
    Jan 22 - 2130
    Jan 23 - 2275
    Oh wow, congrats on the big news!!! I hope everything turns out well for you with that! Everythinghappensforareason.jpg
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Oh wow, congrats on the big news!!! I hope everything turns out well for you with that! Everythinghappensforareason.jpg
    Can't remember if I wrote in your journal but the video of you pushing the 75s was mighty impressive and motivating.

Thanks, hobbes. We will know for sure after Wednesday and then can really start making plans. We already picked names though. Mallory Ursula Kannon or Shane Francis Kannon. Middle names are my Mum's and his Dad's first name. I really want to tell people!

If it goes through we have to go to England in March, get married in May, and make $10,000 from the market garden in 2 months so we aren't super poor while I am on mat leave (lol).

Calories of late:
    Jan 24 - 2200
    Jan 25 - 2075
    Jan 26 - 2230

We are going to the gym after work today - we are getting quite a bit of snow so I will get the added bonus of shovelling exercise.

AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can't remember if I wrote in your journal but the video of you pushing the 75s was mighty impressive and motivating.

Thanks, hobbes. We will know for sure after Wednesday and then can really start making plans. We already picked names though. Mallory Ursula Kannon or Shane Francis Kannon. Middle names are my Mum's and his Dad's first name. I really want to tell people!

If it goes through we have to go to England in March, get married in May, and make $10,000 from the market garden in 2 months so we aren't super poor while I am on mat leave (lol).

Calories of late:
    Jan 24 - 2200
    Jan 25 - 2075
    Jan 26 - 2230

We are going to the gym after work today - we are getting quite a bit of snow so I will get the added bonus of shovelling exercise.
    Congrats on the news!! Your about to busy in the upcoming months.

@the bolded, I didn't know you could make that much money from gardening. You must have a big yard. I'm thinking about starting my patio garden soon. We haven't had that money really cold days down here. As a matter of fact, last week it got up to the 70s for a day or two.

Originally Posted by AprilShowers13 View Post
    I didn't know you could make that much money from gardening. You must have a big yard.
    Thanks April!

It was a joke. I would be extremely happy if we could get 1000 or 1500 in two months. I am still going to plant everything because if I can, freeze and maybe dry a lot of food that will help.

There are people who do make livable money off small plots of land. We have about 1/5 an acre in garden so we could feasibly make 9,500 to 14,500 over a season (May-October). But you really need to plan and have markets to hit thatt. We are just in the second year so I don't expect anything incredible but it will be better than last year.

That's nice that you can start gardening early. We still have lots of snow. I have heard people in the Southern states do best with having their gardens in early spring and fall since it gets so hot in the summer.

Considering I didn't want a baby I am being pretty cool about this. I am getting into it.
    Last edited by hieronymous; 01-27-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Today's final calories: 2315

Gym stuff:

Push ups - 3 x 6
    RDL w 20 kg - 3 x 10 - can do heavier

Traveling plank - 20 ft

Hyperextensions - 3 x 10

Standing leg curl - 2 x 10 @ 30 - This machine is not for me - you can't adjust the bottom lever and it cuts into my calf.
    DB Shoulder press - 3 x 6 @ 25
    DB Chest press - 3 x 5 @ 35

Machine chest fly - 3 x 10 @ 60
    2 jump pull ups

15 minutes stepper at 5 - reading 'Irma Voth' another Miriam Toews novel.

Back into the gym on Sunday.

Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow, thats big news! Im happy for you,
    Train hard, expect success!

Thanks Dutchie. After Wednesday I will know if I can start making plans to buy stuff!

As I mentioned above I buggered up my knee a bit a week or so ago. I had Wednesday off and painted some of the trim in the living room. Was on my knees a fair bit. I started off today's session with a 35 foot reverse bear crawl. Knee did not like it. Therefore, I wasn't able to do any quad work. Rich has agreed to tape the rest of the trim tomorrow and hopefully my knee will be ok to do some quad stuff on Tuesday. Then I am painting again on Wednesday.

So, after the bear walk this is what I did:

Bench dips 3 x 8
    Jump pull ups - 3 x 1

Single arm lateral pull down - 3 x 8 @ 25
    Seated one arm lat pull down cable pulled from centre - 2 x 10 @ 20 I love this for the antirotation work I have to do to keep the cable in the centre.

30 minutes walking at 3.5 - 10 minutes each at incline 3, 3.5, 4 reading 'Keeping the House' by Ellen Baker. So far it's only OK.

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ya know I lurk in here from time to time to see what you are lifting but read some rather interesting news today. Will this be your first baby? I had my last one(son number two) around your age. Congratulations...your body is about to do some major changing!

This would be the first. So far it's just my chest that's changing and am losing a bit of bladder control!!! I haven't had any morning sickness, was just really moody and tired the first month which I had figured was winter depression.

OK, so I got into the doc this week, had the blood test, it showed 5-6 weeks. Doc was really concerned it might be ectopic so he got me an ultrasound yesterday straight away. The radiology doc said it was about 12 weeks (which is what we thought) looks good and that the IUD is lower in the cervix so not in the way of the baby. I have an appointment to get it out next Wednesday. So, I am still not totally out of the woods but he didn't even mention the chance of miscarrying so the IUD must be pretty far away from the babe. The low HCG levels are probably why I didn't get morning sickness, talked to my Mum and she never really had it either for any of her 4 pregnancies.

I am getting really hungry and low blood sugars so I will be upping my cals to 2300. I go over all of the time but it is important for me to have a goal number to not pass so that I don't get out of control and gain too much.

NEW GOAL: Gain healthy amount of weight during pregnancy and maintain a decent level of fitness.

I still am at 183 so I haven't gained in the first trimester and now my body is telling my it needs more energy.

Cals of late:

Jan 28 - 2110
    Jan 29 - 2415
    Jan 30 - 2105
    Jan 31 - 2800 (had a blizzard was super emotional)
    Feb 1 - 2235
    Feb 2 - 2565
    Feb 3 - 2575

My knee was feeling better so I was able to squat and I had a great session today.

Hack squat - 3 x 12 @ 95
    Push ups - 3 x 6

WG inverted rows knees bent - 3 x 6
    High step ups - 2 x 8/leg

Lateral raise machine - 3 x 12 @ 30
    Reverse fly machine - 3 x 10 @ 30

15 minutes stepper at 5 reading 'Keeping the House' by Ellen Baker - it actually turned out to be pretty good - I am almost finished it.

I also walked OUTSIDE for 2.5 km on Wednesday since I walked from the clinic to the blood lab and back since the weather was so mild. Man, I miss walking. I used to walk everywhere. It feels so good.

Another great day at the gym.

Gator walk 2 x 20 ft

Jump pull ups - 2 x 3

Reverse bear crawl - 1 x 35 ft

RDL - 4 x 6 @ 70 - I hope it doesn't take forever for my hams to get more flexible.

DB shoulder press - 1 x 6 @ 25

DB chest press - 2 x 6 @ 35

Rich-assisted GHR's - 3 x 8

20 minutes stepper @ 5 reading 'Commencement' by J. Courtney Sullivan.

I am so happy I remembered glute ham raises. It's a great alternative for my hams while I am not doing conventional dead lifts. The possibility of improvement is extensive. I am pretty much fast down but I get a good challenge on the way up. Rich liked them too. I told him about this guy:

He sees the potential for improvement!

So, we pretty much have our wedding figured out. Just have to firm up dates, I am gunning for May 12.

I picked an officiant with an amazing voice and we will have a civil ceremony in a local park which is really pretty and has covered areas in case there is rain.

I have a skein of alpaca yarn left from when I taught myself to spin and will make a little rope so that he can tie our hands together since we aren't doing rings. My bro and his wife did a Ukrainian version of this with a scarf at their wedding.

Then we are going to have lunch at a local restaurant that overlooks the bay - it is in an old Victorian house and is very picturesque. We may have spinach and mache from the garden ready that I would like to include in the menu. We stopped there today and spoke with the owner and he said to call his wife with regard to the menu and she would most likely be willing to use our produce if available.

Then we will have the reception at Rich's Mum's house - she has a really pretty backyard with an arbour and a fish pond and stuff. We will just buy a few cases of beer and some wine and hang out for the afternoon. Plus have snacks.

It'll just be our immediate family and one friend each so it will be about 20 people in all.

My mum has agreed to pay for the meal and the cake as our gift. That takes a huge burden off since we are by no means rich and with England, wedding, and baby we will be stretched.

Oh, the cake is going to be a croquembouche. It's basically a pyramid of creampuffs held together with some sort of sugar glue. I was at a reception once and they had one of those and I though it was the coolest thing ever.

For my dress I would ideally like to look like a 50s housewife - hopefully I will be able to source something. I don't want to spend more than $75.

Anyway, I am pretty excited.

Cals-
    Feb 4 - 2280
    Feb 5 - on track for 2285 Edit: Rich cut up a pineapple - will end up as 2335.
    Last edited by hieronymous; 02-05-2012 at 03:22 PM.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your wedding plans sound lovely. The best wedding I've ever attended was an old friend's second that she held in her own garden, with wine, beer, and catered Thai food brought in I've seen pictures of a croquembouche, but never in real life. Sounds awesome.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

The coolest wedding I was ever at was held at Casa Loma in Toronto. My cousin married an Armenian man whose father is a jeweller and she was in the service industry at the time and managed to get a good deal - it was a Friday wedding. We did have to sit through a traditional Armenian Catholic wedding ceremony which at some points was a bit scary (pointed cap on the priest and all) but the reception was great. It was absolutely beautiful and fancy and amazing.

But I think our little wedding will be very nice.

My Mum was telling me about hers and how poor they were at the time. It ws my Mum, my Dad, and 4 other people. They had dinner at a golf course. Then they went to Niagara Falls for the honeymoon. On the way back to London they almost ran out of gas because they were so broke - I think they just made it to St. Thomas where they were able to borrow money from a friend.

I have her wedding dress but she left it crumpled in some corner and it has a water stain on it. I was hoping to getting it cleaned and wear it for mine when 'the day' was in the future, but it was tight on me at about 170 lb so it won't be fitting 3 months from now. It's too bad it's quite pretty - very 70s.

All right there is little to do at work today and I can't work 2 weeks ahead of everyone in my on-line class so I ran some numbers.

I added up all my calories from my log book and divided by the number of days. Since I only really lost one pound during this time I will assume that number is my maintenance. The number is 2325.

I hopped online and for my BMI a 15-25 lb weight gain is considered fine over the course of pregnancy.

There are about 27 weeks left so that would be .62lb per week if I were to gain 17 lb.

So, after tomorrow, if there are no problems I will increase calories to 2500-2600 as needed which will have me gaining at about .5 lb a week. I am sure I will up it again in the last trimester!

On Feb 5 I ended up at 2385 calories
    Feb 6 - 2580

AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    NEW GOAL: Gain healthy amount of weight during pregnancy and maintain a decent level of fitness.
    Good goal.

I wish I had stuck with my fitness goals during my pregnancy. I fell off the wagon around the fifth month, which was around the time I really started feeling tired and needed naps.

Your wedding plans sound lovely. I would love to see a pic of your dress when you find one.

I fell off the wagon around the fifth month, which was around the time I really started feeling tired and needed naps.

Your wedding plans sound lovely. I would love to see a pic of your dress when you find one.
    Ah, don't scare me. Yeah, I know it will go down but I will keep on trying as long as I manage. I am pretty sure in July all I will be doing is bobbing around the lake as my 'cardio' trying to stay cool. lol I had the IUD out Wednesday and the baby hasn't gone anywhere so I think I am good to go.

I already bought two dresses - I got them big since I have no idea what size I will be 3 months from now. I attached the pics - the Lucy one is the one it will end up being I think. I have a crinoline so I can get that nice shape in the bottom.

I got the second since Rich and I both thought it was cool and I would actually wear that to work as well. It cost me $65 for the two of them shipping included. Now I just need some accessories. I don't want to look like I am in costume or anything just a few subtle things like hairstyle and maybe gloves or a hat but not both. In the past 10 years May 12 has been between 10 degrees Celsius and 20 degrees Celsius. Fingers crossed for over 16 at least!

Gym was tiring but good today.

Hack squats - 3 x 12 @ 95 narrow, regular and wide stance

Over unders - 12 per leg

High steps ups - 2 x 8 per leg

Push ups 3 x 7

Jump pull ups 1 x 3

Bear crawl forward 35 feet

Crab walk forward 35 feet

Was pooched after this so I walked for 20 minutes at 3.2 with 3.0 incline. Still reading 'Commencement'.

Showed Richard thehobbes 220 x 1 squat PR and he was impressed. He wants doing a reenactment video - he really liked the pacing but they don't allow cameras in our gym.

I ate DQ today and screwed up a bit on the cals but am still coming in OK. Also had Caesar salad - I have been craving lettuce and cukes like mad. I think I am just tired of winter vegetables.

Cals past few days:

Feb 7 - 2440
    Feb 8 - 2370
    Feb 9 - 2455
    Feb 10 - 2600
    Attached Images
    Last edited by hieronymous; 02-10-2012 at 06:20 PM.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Very pretty dresses! The first one would definitely look awesome with a crinoline.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Thanks drea.

We were going to go the gym today but it snowed about a foot and a half so I spent an hour shoveling. I'm calling it good for today and we will go to the gym tomorrow.

I am so moody it's not even funny.

I've been researching more on training while pregnant and I think I am good to do conventional DL at a low weight for another while. I miss doing them.

Gym joys:

Bench dips - 3 x 8
    Gator walk - 2 x 20 feet

Conventional dead lift - 3 x 6 @ 135 - feels good man!
    DB shoulder press - 2 x 8 @ 25

Machine pec fly - 3 x 8 @ 60

I spent about 10 minutes stretching, especially my lower back since it's been sore for the past several weeks. Feels a lot better after the stretching.

20 minutes stepper at 5 reading - The Omnivore's Dilemma

It would seem you aren't supposed to be flat on your back much during second and third trimester so DB chest press are out now. Plus, I am scared I would drop a DB on my belly. Not that I have ever done that before but I do have a tendency to rest them on my belly!

So during my life I have been quite fat 3 times. I was about 215 when I was 16 which I lost to 160 by the time I was 18. Kept it off for a while but over the first years at university I managed to get up to 235 - my very highest. By the time I was 23ish I was back down to 165. Kept that off for a while and then was up to 218 by the time I was about 29 or 30. Lost that and I was 160-170 for about a year and then this past year I gained up to 183. The good thing is that 183 was my stopping point this time and not over 200. However, because of this history I know it's going to be awkward for me to gain weight over this pregnancy - I know I will not get out of control but I think it will bother me until I pop and it's evident that it is baby that I am gaining and not fat. I carry extra weight in my belly as it is and I want to look pregnant - not fat.

It's just a mental thing that I am sure I will get over it. I will weigh on Wednesday - I imagine it will have gone up since I have been eating more now.

On a positive note I wore a smaller t-shirt to the gym than I have in a long while and was really happy to see that I can still see my muscles well even with the extra weight - especially when I was doing my dips.

Recent calories:

Feb 11 - 2400
    Feb 12 - 2405
    Feb 13 - 2600

Due date August 15

Here is what occurred today at the gymmy-gym:

Hack squats - 3 x 10 @ 105 So, I checked my depth in the mirror and holy my upper legs are long! It always takes me aback when I see them. lol

Abductor - 3 x 6 @ 120
    I will be adding more machines as time goes by. I did these today though because all the Smith machines were busy so I couldn't do over unders and was not interested in high step ups.

Push ups - 8,7,7

Jump pull ups - 2 x 3

roll to stand up - 10
    star jumps - 10
    mountain climbers - 20

20 minutes walking at 3.5 incline, 3.5 speed. Didn't push super hard today but was a good session.

So, went for my first normal prenatal doctor's appointment yesterday. We got an estimated due date of August 15th which was my paternal Grandpa's birthday.

Rich was in the room and we got to hear the heartbeat. That makes it more real for us. I am also pretty sure I felt it fluttering around 2 days ago.

I weighed myself and I am at 184.6. So, I think I am pretty much on track for 14 weeks.

Somewhat O/T

OK, I just don't understand a lot of 'average' women. WTF. I am checking out some pregnancy forums to read how other poeple are dealing, etc. I was also hoping to find other fitness weightlifting minded mothers. I guess mothers who lift weights do not post on pregnancy forums because I haven't come across many.

What I have come across are ladies who are scared to exercise or just do pregnancy DVDs/classes or walk. I am feeling like a total weirdo since I do not relate.

Some of them believe you cannot lift more than 20-30 lbs. Trying not to be hypocritical, I know I was worried and stopped dead lifts but 135 is a bit more than 30. If you are used to doing it before being pregnant you can keep doing it. My OB-GYN told me the only things I shouldn't do are bunjee-jumping and puddle-jumping!

And a lot of these laides actually kept the pregnancy test stick! WTF?

/rant

Back into the gym on Monday.

I used to frequent a pregnancy forum awhile back. It provided lots of entertainment while I was on bedrest and maternity leave, lol. There was very little talk about lifting and lots of talk about being "crunchy", and nursing, hormones. It would probably be in your best interest to seek out some pregnant women on this forum or another fitness forum.

I used to frequent a pregnancy forum awhile back. It provided lots of entertainment while I was on bedrest and maternity leave, lol. There was very little talk about lifting and lots of talk about being "crunchy", and nursing, hormones. It would probably be in your best interest to seek out some pregnant women on this forum or another fitness forum.
    What in the world is being 'crunchy'? lol

I found a sub-forum on one of the sites I checked out and even though they aren't into lifting they are passionate about the exercise that they do participate in - so I can roll with that.

Calorie updates:

Feb 14 - 2680
    Feb 15 - 2495
    Feb 16 - 2600
    Feb 17 - 2485
    Feb 18 - 3670 - featuring fried pierogies and maple candy from the farmer's market, Arby's, and pizza
    Feb 19 - 2485

We went to one of Rich's friend's cottage for Friday and Saturday night of the long weekend. It was a really nice cottage and we had a good time. We drove out to a city we are thinking we should move to in 5 years or so and we really liked it. Not too big, and lots of cool people/shops due to there being a university there.

Work out:

Bench dips - 3 x 8
    Gator walk - 2 x 20 ft

DL - 1 x 8 @ 135
    GHR - 2 x 8

Straight arm flat hand cable pull down - 3 x 10 @ 55
    Lat raises with 5lb plates - 3 x 10

Bridge push ups - 2 x 6

20 minutes stepper level 6 reading 'The Help' - I loved the movie and the book is awesome so far.

Crunchy is a term for doing things the natural way and chemical-free. I found a group a few years ago and they offered some great tips on breastfeeding and making baby food, which is super easy. From reading you posts, you probably would fall in that category. I'm not sure why they call it crunchy, lol.

^^^^Ah, crunchy like granola, man.

Today was mostly cardio work.

8 push ups

12 star jumps
    12 burpees
    12 roll-to-stand up

8 push ups

12 wall handstand alternating toe to floor
    12 mountain climber
    35 ft bear crawl

WG inverted rows 3 x 5

20 minutes stepper at 5 - still reading 'The Help'.

Weight 188.0

Cals:

Feb 20 - 2435
    Feb 21 - 2675