midton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Con-cret and Protein Question

I use ON Gold 100% protein. I take it 4 times a day (morning, post-training, early evening and just before bed). I am thinking of getting con-cret and am not sure how to use it in conjunction with the protein.

Do I take it with the protein?
    Do I take it instead of one of the protein?
    When should I take it?
    Can I mix it with the protein?

Dumb questions I'm sure and I am doing my research (thisis part of it) but I get the best information from this site.

Cheers

BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most studies show that creatine is best absorbed with simple carbs. There's no reason you can't mix it with protein, but it's best consumed post workout with carbs. Why are you having 4 protein shakes per day? Are you not eating plenty of protein as well?

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by midton View Post
    I use ON Gold 100% protein. I take it 4 times a day (morning, post-training, early evening and just before bed). I am thinking of getting con-cret and am not sure how to use it in conjunction with the protein.

Do I take it with the protein?
    Do I take it instead of one of the protein?
    When should I take it?
    Can I mix it with the protein?

Dumb questions I'm sure and I am doing my research (thisis part of it) but I get the best information from this site.

Cheers
    Go to the Sponsored Supplement thread. There are several logs being kept by members (myself included) sponsored by Con-cret. Also, BB.com store has a good information piece about it. Gives all you need to know.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

glsfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glsfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glsfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glsfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glsfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glsfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glsfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glsfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glsfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glsfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glsfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When I used this product I just popped it straight into my mouth and swigged a little grape/apple juice.
    The scoop is really small.
    I rarely say anything about supp. cost as I use whats considered (on this forum) expensive supps. However for myself, its high for the way it worked for me.

P.S. When a supp. works, do not let cost be a hinderence. Usually quaility costs. That does'nt mean expensive is always quaility.
    The Steel Never Lies

Originally Posted by BankWalker View Post
    Most studies show that creatine is best absorbed with simple carbs. There's no reason you can't mix it with protein, but it's best consumed post workout with carbs. Why are you having 4 protein shakes per day? Are you not eating plenty of protein as well?
    I've only recently started taking protein (last 6 months) and believed that in general you take 1 gram per pound. I'm 176 pound and one scoop is 24 grams. So I take basically 100 grams of whey protein a day. The rest I hopefully get from food. Is my thinking wrong? I actually thought I wasn't taking enough based on my weight but can't really afford any more.

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've only recently started taking protein (last 6 months) and believed that in general you take 1 gram per pound. I'm 176 pound and one scoop is 24 grams. So I take basically 100 grams of whey protein a day. The rest I hopefully get from food. Is my thinking wrong? I actually thought I wasn't taking enough based on my weight but can't really afford any more.
    protein 1-2 grams per pound yes, but not counted all from protein powder you have to add in the other protein you eat throughout the day i.e. FOOD. As far as how much powder a day? I like a scoop in the a.m. with some goodies like fruit or oatmeal and made with 2% milk. And then one scoop right after my workout with just water. Just sayin

I eat 2 tins of mackeral (20 grams a tin) at lunch and quite a of fruit/veg every day. Maybe I can cut back. In saying that my body is developing quite well.

I'm just a pretty confused beginner trying to figure out what works for his body, but I'm enjoying the experimenting.

Thanks for the replies.

BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It really doesn't matter. But you could replace a couple of those scoops with some lean protein and feel more satisfied. I typically have a scoop in skim milk when I wake up in the morning and a couple of scoops post workout.