nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50)

New tattoo and working out

So I've scoured google and what not and have seen a split debate on this issue. So I figured I would come here and see what you guys think and maybe get some input from some guys who have gone through this issue.

It was advised to me from my tattoo artist to take it easy for the next couple of weeks. Not to do any strenuous weight lifting to avoid damaging the healing wound. Now, my tattoo is on my outer upper arm and I'm not sure if this exactly would be a problem seeing how there isn't any contraction (joint) so the skin pulling is minimal. But again I've followed the instructions given to me from my tattoo artist and I haven't been to the gym this week.

What you guys think? I haven't been out of the gym any longer then a couple days so a couple weeks off for me sounds frightening. Will it do me some good? Could I maybe workout light the second week? I want to preserve my tattoo and not jeopardize something that will remain with me for the rest of my life but at the same time I don't want to severally lose my gains that I have worked so hard for.

For those interested in seeing the tattoo, here is a pic of it below.

::: Activate Xtreme & Triazole Log :::
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132810753

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What gains brah? Show me dem
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by nathanfajkus View Post
    So I've scoured google and what not and have seen a split debate on this issue. So I figured I would come here and see what you guys think and maybe get some input from some guys who have gone through this issue.

It was advised to me from my tattoo artist to take it easy for the next couple of weeks. Not to do any strenuous weight lifting to avoid damaging the healing wound. Now, my tattoo is on my outer upper arm and I'm not sure if this exactly would be a problem seeing how there isn't any contraction (joint) so the skin pulling is minimal. But again I've followed the instructions given to me from my tattoo artist and I haven't been to the gym this week.

What you guys think? I haven't been out of the gym any longer then a couple days so a couple weeks off for me sounds frightening. Will it do me some good? Could I maybe workout light the second week? I want to preserve my tattoo and not jeopardize something that will remain with me for the rest of my life but at the same time I don't want to severally lose my gains that I have worked so hard for.

For those interested in seeing the tattoo, here is a pic of it below.

Sick tattoo man^

But I have a training partner who got a tattoo about the same size in the same exact spot and he only took about 3 days off I'm pretty sure and he was fine....idk though maybe you should wait for a reply from someone who has experienced this first hand

nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Simmo0508 View Post
    What gains brah? Show me dem
    cutting from 269 down ~165, sorry I wasn't exactly referring to mass muscle gains, though I've noticed considerable lean muscle gains. I started this journey back in February, legit progress I'd say, just don't want to be set back because I want to cut some more fat then I plan on going on a bulking cycle.

Originally Posted by DJK1221 View Post
    Sick tattoo man^

But I have a training partner who got a tattoo about the same size in the same exact spot and he only took about 3 days off I'm pretty sure and he was fine....idk though maybe you should wait for a reply from someone who has experienced this first hand
    Thanks bro, yeah it seems like everyone does it differently, I was told as it healing putting too much strain could result in scarring. Now I'm not too sure on that, I've move my arm in every way possible and I don't see much skin pulling. I think a bigger issue is rubbing the tattoo and potentially pulling the scab versus lifting, but idk this is my first tattoo.

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    cutting from 269 down ~165, sorry I wasn't exactly referring to mass muscle gains, though I've noticed considerable lean muscle gains. I started this journey back in February, legit progress I'd say, just don't want to be set back because I want to cut some more fat then I plan on going on a bulking cycle.
    lol Just fukin with ya bro, it's all good..

A lot of my mates constantly get tats. They just take a few days off and from that point on for a few weeks just try not to get the skin in that area too sweaty.

Like you can do a ton of leg press and things that aren't gonna rub on the shoulder for a while. Just make a list of the things you should and shouldn't do for the time being, in terms of exercises that might affect it.

Tattoo artists do overestimate the time off though.

When gettin tats done, try and time it so it fits in with your time off from the gym anyway. Like a week or 2 off every couple of months is actually pretty good for the body after constantly beating it up the way we do in the gym.
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

Jackson1997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've lifted 3 hours after getting a tattoo (think its the one in my avi), but wasn't really able to do much. I would just take it easy for about a week. You can still go lift just don't go all out.

MaxKnuckles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxKnuckles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxKnuckles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxKnuckles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxKnuckles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxKnuckles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxKnuckles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxKnuckles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxKnuckles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxKnuckles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxKnuckles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hate to break it to ya brah but if thats your family coat of amrs you have been fooled. The only people who actually have coats of arms are direct decedents on Knights which is very very very few people. That is most likely something some one drew up in there basement. Hope i did not ruin your day
    I REP BACK.....IF I REP YOU AND YOU DON'T REP ME BACK PREPARE YOUR ANUS FOR A NEG ON RECHARGE (srs)

drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i was told by my artist that just right afterwards take a shower or at least wash the tattoo area and then reapply the cream
    Misc Zombie Survival Squad: Alpha Squad

*United States Air Force*

Originally Posted by MaxKnuckles View Post
    hate to break it to ya brah but if thats your family coat of amrs you have been fooled. The only people who actually have coats of arms are direct decedents on Knights which is very very very few people. That is most likely something some one drew up in there basement. Hope i did not ruin your day
    It is the Bohemian Coat of Arms for the Kingdom of Bohemia (now czech republic) in which my ancestors haled from , not a "family" coat of arms. Day = not ruined

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    i took about a week off then did some push ups while i was on super mario mushrooms.

i don't think that was as big a deal as leaving the wrap on too long. according to the aftercare card they gave me at the shop i was supposed to keep it wrapped for 24 hours... which i think was a typo for 2-4 hours. i sweat out a lot of ink in my sleep but hey, at least i didn't get stuck to the sheets?
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

Originally Posted by Jack_Lupino View Post
    i took about a week off then did some push ups while i was on super mario mushrooms.

i don't think that was as big a deal as leaving the wrap on too long. according to the aftercare card they gave me at the shop i was supposed to keep it wrapped for 24 hours... which i think was a typo for 2-4 hours. i sweat out a lot of ink in my sleep but hey, at least i didn't get stuck to the sheets?
    The aftercare instructions my tattoo artist gave me states to keep the bandage on for at least 7 hours and no more then 24 hours, but if you google it everyone has a different idea of what to do. I got my tattoo at night so I went home and took a whore bath (in the sink) and slept with the bandage and took a shower when I awoke. I had the bandage on for about 10-11 hours or so, didn't notice any ink loss from sweat, just the plasma/lymph.

Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My advice would be to apply a healthy layer of lotion/ointment before going to the gym. This will minimize the amount of stretching the skin will do. Just make sure you wash it as soon as you can afterwards as having too much lotion on for too long will actually draw the ink out and that sucks.
    3D072 - Cyber Systems Operations

OIF/OEFx2

retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice ink bro. Take a mini-deload and let it heal properly.

I've got plenty of space to finish up myself and I'll be doing a full deload when I get to it

partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just make sure to wear a sleeveless shirt or a wifebeater so the material doesn't rub and u will be fine. I worked out every day starting the day after I got my last one and had no issues at all. And I sweat a LOT!

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    The aftercare instructions my tattoo artist gave me states to keep the bandage on for at least 7 hours and no more then 24 hours, but if you google it everyone has a different idea of what to do. I got my tattoo at night so I went home and took a whore bath (in the sink) and slept with the bandage and took a shower when I awoke. I had the bandage on for about 10-11 hours or so, didn't notice any ink loss from sweat, just the plasma/lymph.
    guess the problem in my case is they didn't give me a bandage save wrapping it in plastic...

the same card said no heavy/strenuous lifting for 2 weeks. i didn't consider pushups to be heavy or strenuous though about a week and half after i was back to heavy shoulder pressing and that didn't seem to cause any problems.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

JayHen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JayHen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JayHen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JayHen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JayHen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JayHen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JayHen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JayHen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JayHen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JayHen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JayHen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    all the advice here is pretty much correct. the main thing to remember is that the more exposure to dirt, sweat, soaking water, dyes, and fragrances from soaps and lotions will delay the healing, possibly fade the ink, could even cause infection.
    if you have taken a week off already and you are a quick healer then you are probably fine.
    it's basically a wound. the more you baby it, the better it will heal.

TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHulk305 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have alot of tattoos including a sleeve. I usually just took the day that i got the tattoo off then the next day lifted. Just make sure you dont touch it to any equipment and whatever you do DO NOT wrap it up !! It will make it worse, it wont heal right, and your skin will probably break out and be annoying.

Just keep lotion on it but not to much as thats not good for it also ! Have fun getting more lol, they are addicting

Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Half sleeve and various other tattoos here. Keep the area covered with a bandage and an ointment of some sort on it. What you don't want is the tattoo getting dry scabs on it which may crack open while you are lifting/bending your arms because this will cause those areas to lose a bit of color where the scabs pulled prematurely. So keep it soft and supple as possible. The temporary bandage worn while training can also protect it from getting scraped by accident, something we don't even notice when the skin isn't so new and tender. Wash it after your training gently with water and a mild liquid soap to keep the funk away and reapply a light layer of lotion so that it can breathe. Other than that, go ahead and lift.
    Use the tools of the trade to help you. I use devices such as chalk for grip strength, gloves, wrist straps, lifting belts - if it helps you lift more, it's all good. - Ronnie Coleman, Hardcore, 2007 Triumph Books

Biggest question in bodybuilding: Whaddaya bench? As I've said before, it doesn't matter how much you bench; it matters how much you [i]look[/i] like you bench... There's no round on stage that's the benchpress round. - Bob Chicherillo, World Class Physique, CMG

Thanks for the input guys, It is day 7 now and my tattoo is at the shiny/winkled phase. From what I've read this is the final phase of skin regeneration as far as the outer layer goes, and the rest of the time will be the inside layer healing. I've seen a time frame of 7-10 for initial healing to be complete so I'm right on schedule. ALSO, I read up on deload and taking a week off and I'm long overdue, so I'm going to enjoy and finish out the rest of my week off and start back hard at it on Monday.

hockeyho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyho has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It is the Bohemian Coat of Arms for the Kingdom of Bohemia (now czech republic) in which my ancestors haled from , not a "family" coat of arms. Day = not ruined

dig the coat! i've contemplated getting the same (but smaller )
    i still have some family in the czech republic too, do you know where in bohemia they were from or if you still have some over there?

Originally Posted by hockeyho View Post
    dig the coat! i've contemplated getting the same (but smaller )
    i still have some family in the czech republic too, do you know where in bohemia they were from or if you still have some over there?

Thanks, would love to see it! Most of my family migrated to United States in the late 1800's and early 1900's settling in Texas. I would be very interested in finding relatives in the Czech Republic as I am sure there are some. The problem with my family is we have unfortunately split, there is a rich side and a middle class side. I've been to one family reunion and that's it, at the time I was really young so I don't remember much but I do know my grandparents and parents said they would never return, for whatever reason, I never asked. So as far as getting information on where exactly my family is from, if there are any living there today etc, I really don't know because of the split and not being able to find out. I was told by my grandfather that our family is from Bohemia, that's why I chose the Bohemian Coat of Arms. I've contemplated on using a genealogy service to help me out.

hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    okay this might be late but you dont need to keep your bandage on for more than three hours warmer/hot showers on your arm when you wash its also good to run cold water back over your tattoo to close the pores. As far as lifting and all that goes it really just depends on the person and how you heal. color always takes longer but after you get done peeling there really isnt any way you can mess it up. since its in the area its in it really shouldn't keep you away from lifting at all as long as you're careful with it but its up to you. yes srs. I manage Ryan Hadley Studio. look up our work and let me know what you think

Originally Posted by hilyardk View Post
    okay this might be late but you dont need to keep your bandage on for more than three hours warmer/hot showers on your arm when you wash its also good to run cold water back over your tattoo to close the pores. As far as lifting and all that goes it really just depends on the person and how you heal. color always takes longer but after you get done peeling there really isnt any way you can mess it up. since its in the area its in it really shouldn't keep you away from lifting at all as long as you're careful with it but its up to you. yes srs. I manage Ryan Hadley Studio. look up our work and let me know what you think
    Thanks for the advice, awesome work! Too bad you guys aren't in Texas

hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10) hilyardk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the advice, awesome work! Too bad you guys aren't in Texas
    man we have people fly in from around the world, australia and germany being the most recent place

rickvick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickvick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickvick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickvick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickvick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickvick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickvick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickvick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickvick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickvick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickvick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    tattoo is sick man... loving the emblem...
    shid i was in the gym a day after i got mines, 7 hours total (tat work)..
    no issues

man we have people fly in from around the world, australia and germany being the most recent place
    Well If I am ever in Indiana I will check you guys out lol

Originally Posted by rickvick View Post
    tattoo is sick man... loving the emblem...
    shid i was in the gym a day after i got mines, 7 hours total (tat work)..
    no issues
    Thanks man, I'm hearing this from alot of guys and no adverse effects. I just like being on the safe side

stuff looks good man, i think i may pay you a visit if; i ever figure out what exactly i want on my other shoulder and more importantly can afford it

Originally Posted by Jack_Lupino View Post
    stuff looks good man, i think i may pay you a visit if; i ever figure out what exactly i want on my other shoulder and more importantly can afford it
    We're actually pretty affordable for the work that we do man and all you really need is a concept or an idea most of the work that you see from ryan was done on the spot

I didn't hear no bell! Rap_Rocky's Avatar
    Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personally, I asked my tat artist this a while ago and he said it was cool - it's just matter of not getting it dirty during the time I lift, which can easily happen at a gym. I've been to 3 different tattoo artists for 3 different tattoos and I've never been told to keep a bandage on for longer than 4hrs, so it can breathe. Afterward, it's all about caring for it, greasing it, washing it, lotion it, etc...

Just to cover your ass, I would do what the artist says...it can't hurt your lift/progress THAT MUCH, if it all....
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.