springbok87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Seen no progress

Hi Everyone,

So for the past couple of months I've been doing the following workout routine:

Monday - Chest/Tris
    off
    off
    Thursday - Back/Core/Shoulders
    off
    Saturday - Legs/Biceps
    off

I started off doing high weight, low reps but then switched to doing low weight, high reps (around 50 reps per set)...usually doing 3 sets.

I've also been watching what I eat, but I have noticed no results whatsoever. Any tips?

Photos are attached. The last photo was taken tonight (about 2 months in)
    Attached Images
    -----
    9/8/10 - 245 lbs

jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by springbok87 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

So for the past couple of months I've been doing the following workout routine:

Monday - Chest/Tris
    off
    off
    Thursday - Back/Core/Shoulders
    off
    Saturday - Legs/Biceps
    off

I started off doing high weight, low reps but then switched to doing low weight, high reps (around 50 reps per set)...usually doing 3 sets.

I've also been watching what I eat, but I have noticed no results whatsoever. Any tips?

Photos are attached. The last photo was taken tonight (about 2 months in)

concentrate 90% of your workout on compound movements for body parts (presses, squats, deadlifts, pullups) and the other 10% on any isolation stuff you feel you must do (see biceps). 50 reps is much to high, shoot for a weight that you can do around 15 reps at and start there. my 2cents

chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you doing any cardio? and pick a 3 day split program and follow it from the stickies and don't just go through the motions when you're at the gym.
    Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but doesn't nobody want to lift no heavy ass weights. --Ronnie Coleman

I haven't been doing a lot of cardio lately...but I'll start increasing my amount of cardio. Thanks for all your help guys, any other tips will be appreciated.
    -----
    9/8/10 - 245 lbs

armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I haven't been doing a lot of cardio lately...but I'll start increasing my amount of cardio. Thanks for all your help guys, any other tips will be appreciated.
    check your diet. if you're trying to lose remember you need a calorie deficit, if you're trying to gain you need a calorie surplus. its pretty simple. also if you are on a strength program your progress might be a little slower if you are on a defecit in terms of strength. you will lose weight that way though.

btw screw that high rep low weight BS. its a waste IMO
    eat, train, sleep, eat, train, sleep, eat, train, sleep

"If you want to be world class you must first act world class." - Travis Ortmayer

elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by armyguy.88 View Post
    check your diet. if you're trying to lose remember you need a calorie deficit, if you're trying to gain you need a calorie surplus. its pretty simple. also if you are on a strength program your progress might be a little slower if you are on a defecit in terms of strength. you will lose weight that way though.

btw screw that high rep low weight BS. its a waste IMO
    well said............
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=655657063&posted=1#post655657063 = first cut back in 2010

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153696761&p=1064656001#post1064656001 = second cut 2013

yeah i think i have the calorie deficit down...i'm also on a meal plan at work and there are carbs almost every night...does it matter if i eat too many carbs?
    -----
    9/8/10 - 245 lbs

emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah i think i have the calorie deficit down...i'm also on a meal plan at work and there are carbs almost every night...does it matter if i eat too many carbs?
    If you do some reading/searching on the forums, and especially look at the stickies at the top, you'll get lots of good advice. Why not do a specific program with established progression, such as the following which is highly recommended on BB.com. Has its own support thread as well.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I (snip) switched to doing low weight, high reps (around 50 reps per set)...usually doing 3 sets.

(snip)
    Any tips?
    Find a routine written by an expert and proven to give results consistent with your goals. Don't design your own routine.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    try to consume less carbs and more portein. Carbs turn into fat if it's not burned off. High protein and low carbs are good if you want to loose weight and add muscle. And make sure you take some type of multivitamins and eat plenty of fruits and veggies.
    Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but doesn't nobody want to lift no heavy ass weights. --Ronnie Coleman

armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chinesemuscle View Post
    try to consume less carbs and more portein. Carbs turn into fat if it's not burned off. High protein and low carbs are good if you want to loose weight and add muscle. And make sure you take some type of multivitamins and eat plenty of fruits and veggies.
    this^^^

damn man you beat me to it haha

repped
    eat, train, sleep, eat, train, sleep, eat, train, sleep

"If you want to be world class you must first act world class." - Travis Ortmayer

james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chinesemuscle View Post
    Carbs turn into fat if it's not burned off.
    unused carbs do cause fat, but so does protein and fat. dont be afraid of carbs.

Wow, thanks for all the help guys! I'll definitely look into a professional program. As for the calories...I'm on a meal plan at school so I'll try and cut out the carbs, or just do more cardio to burn it off.
    My previous workout plan didn't include any cardio, and now I think that may have something to do with it.
    -----
    9/8/10 - 245 lbs