Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

How to make your own pre-workout supplement!

This is reposted from another website, so i'm NOT the author.I just thought this will help cut the costs and give the same effects.

You'd normally pay about $30-40 for a pre workout supplement.

This is a way to get up to a year's supply of a home-made version for just $40!.

We all know that the positive results of a preworkout supplement are a lot,hence why people buy them in the first place. Some of these effects are :

1- More repetitions.
    2- More mental intensity.
    3- More energy during the workout
    4- An increase in body temperature about 15-20 minutes after taking it.

These are not placebo effects ( although some people exaggerate sometimes).

So my next question was,what makes it work?

Obviously these supplement companies are making a killing off of this stuff.Like most other supplements, there had to be 1 or 2 active ingredients and a bunch of useless fillers. So let's have a look ...

Ingredients of a famous preworkout (i will not reveal it's name, but it explodes.Get it? LOL)

- L-arginine AKG
    - L-citrulline
    - L-histidine AKG
    - Betaine
    - Glycocyamine
    - Calcium
    - Potassium
    - Magnesium
    - L-tyrosine
    - Taurine
    - Phosphates of Calcium , Potassium,and Sodium
    - Caffeine

Nitric oxide supplements claim to work by increasing blood flow to working muscles and increasing mental and physical energy during your workout.

From all the above list of ingredients, the only ons that I can see that could have any real effect in this regards are:

- L-Arginine AKG
    - Caffeine

That's it. The great thing is that these ingredients are incredibly cheap.

You can get 100x 200mg pills of caffeine for about $6 - that's enough for 100 workouts!

You can get 500g of AAKG for $30! since I recommend you take 4g of AAKG 30 minutes before a workout, that';s enough for 125 workouts!

Even if you workout 5 times a week,that's 25 weeks.

If you train 3 times per week,that's 42 weeks. With a week off every 10 weeks , that comes to a 6 months-to-almost a year's supply of a nitric oxide supplementation for $36!

You can see how ridiculously cheap is this homemade alternative is - while still being as effective-.

How to take it:

As stated above, take 4 grams of AAKG about 30 minutes before you train. Mix your AAKG with about 200-300ml of water.Take your 200mg caffeine pill while drinking it for a very POTENT pre-workout cocktail!

If you want it to taste better,mix in a little sugar-free cordial to the water to make it taste good ( AAKG is a little nasty on the taste).

Note:

If you find 4 grams of AAKG doesn't have much of an effect, or you weight over 200 lbs, try 5-6 grams.

Hope that helped your muscles and pocket!
    Last edited by saharaman; 11-09-2010 at 12:45 PM.
    My workout log ( I rep posters ):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=569050481#post569050481

**73 pounds away**

أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

AdamBombed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamBombed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamBombed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamBombed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamBombed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamBombed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamBombed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamBombed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamBombed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamBombed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamBombed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    haha nice, i may give it a shot when i run through my jack3d. add alittle creatine in there too

saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) saharaman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah, this will save a lot of money while having the same effects (or so i hope). The Creatine will even make it more powerful.

**73 pounds away**

Markt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Markt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Markt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Markt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Markt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Markt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Markt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Markt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Markt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Markt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Markt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, I've been doing this for a while, works great

Originally Posted by Markt4 View Post
    Yeah, I've been doing this for a while, works great
    It's crazy how marketing a supplement can make it worth more than quadruple it's actual cost. Add that to a fancy packaging and some motto-crap like '' we have it and they don't '' and they will make millions out of it.

**73 pounds away**

BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    were can you get caffine pills from, like vitamin world or target?

Originally Posted by ejb20782 View Post
    were can you get caffine pills from, like vitamin world or target?
    I think so.You can also find them at walmart.

**73 pounds away**

baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I'm in the process of making a batch of my own pre-workout supplement and have a few members on this site that I'm sending some too so that they can try it aswell and I can get results from multiple people, including myself (obviously going to try it myself extensively first).

Your list didn't contain DMAA which is an effective supplement that is comparative to caffeine. I do not respond to caffeine at all, so that is why I wanted to play around and make my own
    "Whether you think you can or can't, you're probably right." -Henry Ford

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    -Socrates

***** R.I.P Timothy J. Mckenny or Frvrmuscle as you know him *****

Originally Posted by baddog671 View Post
    I'm in the process of making a batch of my own pre-workout supplement and have a few members on this site that I'm sending some too so that they can try it aswell and I can get results from multiple people, including myself (obviously going to try it myself extensively first).

Your list didn't contain DMAA which is an effective supplement that is comparative to caffeine. I do not respond to caffeine at all, so that is why I wanted to play around and make my own
    Good luck with that.

As i stated above, this is a repost from another website.

**73 pounds away**

Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Before I get flamed for this, know that i'm simply relaying information. I wonder this also, so i'm hoping someone can give me a real answer instead of bashing me for my ignorance.

I spoke to one of my local guys who runs a supp shop and he mentioned that a lot of pre-workouts contain both caffene, along with arginine. If the arginine expands your cells to hold more volume, and the caffene constricts them, aren't you playing tug-o-war with yourself by mixing both caffene and the arginine as a preworkout?

Originally Posted by Kylehero View Post
    Before I get flamed for this, know that i'm simply relaying information. I wonder this also, so i'm hoping someone can give me a real answer instead of bashing me for my ignorance.

I spoke to one of my local guys who runs a supp shop and he mentioned that a lot of pre-workouts contain both caffene, along with arginine. If the arginine expands your cells to hold more volume, and the caffene constricts them, aren't you playing tug-o-war with yourself by mixing both caffene and the arginine as a preworkout?
    Actually, caffeine helps the L-Arginine. The caffeine is important because it helps arginine transport and uptake into your body. Without a transport agent like caffeine, l-arginine isn’t nearly as effective. Pre workout supplements will also contain a few other ingredients in their formula that allow arginine to uptake (l-norvaline and l-ornathine are two of them).

**73 pounds away**

baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Arginine is a vaso-dialator which expands the blood vessels. This, as they say, increases 02% capacity and nutrient delivery. Recently I took 6.4g of L-Arginine before a workout and noticed my veins were standing out a bit more, and maybe alittle more "pump". Could be placebo, hard to say.

Caffeine is a stimulant and is more CNS related than bloodstream. It constricts to a point, but I believe not much. It makes me piss, as in a diuretic, thats the only thing caffeine does to me. No energy

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    -Socrates

Arginine is a vaso-dialator which expands the blood vessels. This, as they say, increases 02% capacity and nutrient delivery. Recently I took 6.4g of L-Arginine before a workout and noticed my veins were standing out a bit more, and maybe alittle more "pump". Could be placebo, hard to say.

Caffeine is a stimulant and is more CNS related than bloodstream. It constricts to a point, but I believe not much. It makes me piss, as in a diuretic, thats the only thing caffeine does to me. No energy
    Did caffeine ever give you energy? like did you build a tolerance to it , or it never worked for you?

**73 pounds away**

Katanator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katanator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katanator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katanator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katanator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katanator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katanator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katanator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katanator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katanator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katanator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have also experimented with my own pre workout but you left out some key ingredients like
    Beta allaline
    Citruline malate
    creatine
    bcaas
    and then the vitamins they put in there for instances niacin(vit b) etc so if you like to make your own preworkout try using the same ingredints as jacked its 3 more ingredients but wil defnitly make a good difference
    God's intension for us is to be the best in all we do
    www.muscledevelopment.co.za

WIDGE_uk is just really nice. (+1000) WIDGE_uk is just really nice. (+1000) WIDGE_uk is just really nice. (+1000) WIDGE_uk is just really nice. (+1000) WIDGE_uk is just really nice. (+1000) WIDGE_uk is just really nice. (+1000) WIDGE_uk is just really nice. (+1000) WIDGE_uk is just really nice. (+1000) WIDGE_uk is just really nice. (+1000) WIDGE_uk is just really nice. (+1000) WIDGE_uk is just really nice. (+1000)
    caffeine is so ftw in every way
    I do it because i can, i can because i want to, i want to because you sed i couldent.

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

i rep uk brah's on site.

MrBearGrylls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBearGrylls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBearGrylls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBearGrylls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBearGrylls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBearGrylls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBearGrylls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Put 1,3 dimeth in it and you'll be good. That's the stuff that makes jack3d so good.

Originally Posted by Katanator View Post
    I have also experimented with my own pre workout but you left out some key ingredients like
    Beta allaline
    Citruline malate
    creatine
    bcaas
    and then the vitamins they put in there for instances niacin(vit b) etc so if you like to make your own preworkout try using the same ingredints as jacked its 3 more ingredients but wil defnitly make a good difference
    Those are definitely some good suggestions.

Where do you get your supplements in the cape ?. Most imported brands are expensive. The only decent priced brand is USN and i'm not even sure if that's imported or not.
    Last edited by saharaman; 11-09-2010 at 12:31 PM.

**73 pounds away**

Originally Posted by saharaman View Post
    Did caffeine ever give you energy? like did you build a tolerance to it , or it never worked for you?
    As long as I can remember, caffeine has never did anything to me. Last year I took a 400mg dose while I was cram-studying just to see what it would do. My heartrate never increased from it's 60-62bpm range, and I actually fell asleep an hour later :/

-Socrates

As long as I can remember, caffeine has never did anything to me. Last year I took a 400mg dose while I was cram-studying just to see what it would do. My heartrate never increased from it's 60-62bpm range, and I actually fell asleep an hour later :/
    I used to respond to a 60mg dose perfectly. Now 200 mg barely does the trick for me :/.

**73 pounds away**

Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hmm, good deal boys. Thanks for the insight, while not soaking my head in flamorade.

tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Because this kid thinks he found the end all...

This is what I used to do, while on a budget... a

Training Day

Morning
    500 mg Arginine x3
    50-100 mg Pcynogenol or 100-200 mg Standardized american genseng
    1-3 g Citrulline

Pre
    500 mg Arginine x 3
    500-1000 mg vitamin C
    10-100 mg rutaecarpine
    1-3 g Citrulline

10-100 mg rutaecarpine
    1-3 g Citrulline

Arginine -> Morning, Pre, Post. 30-60 minutes away from food.
    Rutaecarpine -> Take with each dose of arginine -> maximize bloodflow
    Vitamin C -> Protects NO degredation from free radicals.
    Citrulline -> Promotes energy and blood levels of arginine.

And that is very, very minimal. There is more then arginine and caffeine involved, sorry.

BigSkip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigSkip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigSkip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigSkip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigSkip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigSkip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigSkip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigSkip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigSkip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigSkip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigSkip has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    BLUE LOW CARB MONSTER
    100kj energy
    Caffiene 145mg
    Vitamin B6 4.2mg
    Vitamin B12
    Taurine 2000mg
    Ginseng 407mg

cost me about 2 dollars at the deli near my house.. taste is wicked too

tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpaq will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
    BLUE LOW CARB MONSTER
    100kj energy
    Caffiene 145mg
    Vitamin B6 4.2mg
    Vitamin B12
    Taurine 2000mg
    Ginseng 407mg

cost me about 2 dollars at the deli near my house.. taste is wicked too
    Missing arginine, beta alanine and sometimes creatine. Everything else is supplementary to those.

Originally Posted by tpaq View Post
    Because this kid thinks he found the end all...

This is what I used to do, while on a budget... a

Training Day

Morning
    500 mg Arginine x3
    50-100 mg Pcynogenol or 100-200 mg Standardized american genseng
    1-3 g Citrulline

Pre
    500 mg Arginine x 3
    500-1000 mg vitamin C
    10-100 mg rutaecarpine
    1-3 g Citrulline

10-100 mg rutaecarpine
    1-3 g Citrulline

Arginine -> Morning, Pre, Post. 30-60 minutes away from food.
    Rutaecarpine -> Take with each dose of arginine -> maximize bloodflow
    Vitamin C -> Protects NO degredation from free radicals.
    Citrulline -> Promotes energy and blood levels of arginine.

And that is very, very minimal. There is more then arginine and caffeine involved, sorry.
    5 grams Arginine with a 200mg pill of caffeine is more than enough pre-workout.

**73 pounds away**

Originally Posted by saharaman View Post
    5 grams Arginine with a 200mg pill of caffeine is more than enough pre-workout.
    If you didnt read the foot notes, yes you may recieve benefits from the arginine, but the caffiene is everything but beneficial. Well, in disregards to any rush you may get.

But everything else stimulates the active ingredients more. Wouldn't you want a more optimal workout experience? Thats what your paying for. Also, after mixing so many powders, every day, I actually wished I could pay some one to put it into a pill for me. Keep that in mind..although it is drastically cheaper, I still opt for a good retail product if I can afford it.

Sure many of the ingredients are fillers, or found in such miniscule amounts that they are ineffective, but its not impossible to find which ones are which.

Originally Posted by tpaq View Post
    If you didnt read the foot notes, yes you may recieve benefits from the arginine, but the caffiene is everything but beneficial. Well, in disregards to any rush you may get.

But everything else stimulates the active ingredients more. Wouldn't you want a more optimal workout experience? Thats what your paying for. Also, after mixing so many powders, every day, I actually wished I could pay some one to put it into a pill for me. Keep that in mind..although it is drastically cheaper, I still opt for a good retail product if I can afford it.

Sure many of the ingredients are fillers, or found in such miniscule amounts that they are ineffective, but its not impossible to find which ones are which.
    If you want to save $$ and get close to or the same results, do what's above.

You'll be saving a lot of cash that can go into buying solid food / protein powders , which is much better than improving a home made preworkout when you don't have to.

**73 pounds away**

monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i thought this should be bumped

xNYG is just really nice. (+1000) xNYG is just really nice. (+1000) xNYG is just really nice. (+1000) xNYG is just really nice. (+1000) xNYG is just really nice. (+1000) xNYG is just really nice. (+1000) xNYG is just really nice. (+1000) xNYG is just really nice. (+1000) xNYG is just really nice. (+1000) xNYG is just really nice. (+1000) xNYG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by monkeyfrogO.O View Post
    i thought this should be bumped
    I agree, in for discussion with smart people. Most of the 1k+ rep, and Ddon.
    2013 is the end of the beginning of my life, while it is also the beginning of the end of my life.

"Positive thinking sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and can achieve the impossible."

"Don’t be pushed by your problems; be led by your dreams."

Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Caffeine and AAKG would definitely be cheaper. But as tolerant as me. I guess I'll be chipping in the following:

1. 1,3 dimethylamylamine
    2. L-Arginine
    3. Creatine
    4. Beta-Alanine
    5. Citruline Malate
    6. Glutamine

4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Retrotiger View Post
    Caffeine and AAKG would definitely be cheaper. But as tolerant as me. I guess I'll be chipping in the following:

1. 1,3 dimethylamylamine
    2. L-Arginine
    3. Creatine
    4. Beta-Alanine
    5. Citruline Malate
    6. Glutamine
    this. we could go on forever about hundreds of different aminos, herbs, even minerals that would help you pwo, but this mix right here is all easily available and forms the backbone of pretty much every pwo product on the market
    Will you still rep me when I'm no longer age:20 and aesthetic?