ChesterWyatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First Thread, Need Some Guidance

Alright guys, seeing as this is my first thread I'm going to go ahead and say hey. I've been browsing the forum today pre-register and saw a lot of talk that I did not understand at all, so I'm going to have to ask you guys to be as explanatory as possible.

Anyway, on topic. I'm a 6 foot 4 inch 130 pound 16 year old. Freakishly skinny. And it's terrible. I haven't ever officially tried to gain weight, but throughout the years I have picked up and dropped weight lifting and protein shake drinking. I did those two for a couple of months, gained no weight and stopped. I was 14 at the time, and pretty immature seeing as I wasn't happy that I hadn't gained weight and didn't realized that I was most likely doing it wrong.

The weight bench is gone (it broke), and I have no weights at my house and no gym membership. Every penny I earn is going to my college fund, so I can't shell out too much on weights/supplements.

I'm committed to gaining weight, but I don't have loads of free time to hit up a gym due to my school courseload and extra curriculars.

I'm mostly interested in gaining weight, but hey, gaining muscle is never something to turn away from, right?

So, BBF members, what do I do? Give me some guidance. It's most appreciated.

Registered User Betweentwoferns's Avatar
    Betweentwoferns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Betweentwoferns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Betweentwoferns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Betweentwoferns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Betweentwoferns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Betweentwoferns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Betweentwoferns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Betweentwoferns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Betweentwoferns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Betweentwoferns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Betweentwoferns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need to get money. You need to buy ALOT of food, then, you need to consume all of it.

If you can't get money to buy this food, you need to get a job to buy the food to eat the food
    Bench: 195
    Squat: 245
    Deadlift: 315
    Military press: 140

Thanks for the specifics.

startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    tons tons tons of food. make ur own shakes with whey, whole milk, peanut butter, berries.

eat calorie dense foods.

push ups, dips. put cans in a trash bag and use for curls, military press, squats.

food u want:

eggs, peanut butter, choc milk, whole milk, oats, berries, whole grain bread.

choc milk is a easy easy way to get calories. its also delicious. 2 cups(16oz of it which really isnt much) has 16g protein, 52 carb, 10 fat, drink a ton of it. if u dont like choc milk drink plain whole milk.

eat lots of scrambled eggs with cheese, very high calorie. put olive oil on ur foods to add easy calories

Originally Posted by startingtotrain View Post
    tons tons tons of food. make ur own shakes with whey, whole milk, peanut butter, berries.

eat calorie dense foods.

push ups, dips. put cans in a trash bag and use for curls, military press, squats.

food u want:

eggs, peanut butter, choc milk, whole milk, oats, berries, whole grain bread.

choc milk is a easy easy way to get calories. its also delicious. 2 cups(16oz of it which really isnt much) has 16g protein, 52 carb, 10 fat, drink a ton of it. if u dont like choc milk drink plain whole milk.

eat lots of scrambled eggs with cheese, very high calorie. put olive oil on ur foods to add easy calories
    Eggs, peanut butter, and chocolate milk are all in my refrigerator/pantry, so that should be easy. Also we have 12 grain bread, so I guess that could work?

startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ChesterWyatt View Post
    Eggs, peanut butter, and chocolate milk are all in my refrigerator/pantry, so that should be easy. Also we have 12 grain bread, so I guess that could work?
    yeah. only thing is make sure u get 200+ grams of protein a day. after that eat as much as u can get in.

Jesus that's a high number. I go to high school and I usually skip breakfast, but that needs to change regardless of me wanting to gain weight. I'm thinking eggs every morning, but that'd require less sleep. Is it worth the trade off?

Jesus that's a high number. I go to high school and I usually skip breakfast, but that needs to change regardless of me wanting to gain weight. I'm thinking eggs every morning, but that'd require less sleep. Is it worth the trade off?
    sleep is very important for a number of reasons, along with muscle growth. try to get a solid 8 hours if possible. and 200 isnt as bad as it seems. if u eat 5 meals its 40grams a meal... 2 cup choc milk, 3 eggs, 2 tablespoon pb and ur there

That's all per meal, right? That's kind of a stretch to have all that at school.

I can make myself 2-3 eggs for breakfast in the morning if I wake up 10 minutes earlier, that shouldn't be a problem.

We have a "snack" at school period where I could fit in a peanut butter sandwich on 12 grain bread, maybe something else if I piled it all down.

Then there's lunch. Home packed is better than cafeteria food I'm guessing?

At home I can eat whatever, but I'm not always home by a certain hour. Sometimes I'm not home til 9 or so, what would you recommend then?

Thanks for all the help by the way, much apreeshed.

That's all per meal, right? That's kind of a stretch to have all that at school.

I can make myself 2-3 eggs for breakfast in the morning if I wake up 10 minutes earlier, that shouldn't be a problem.

We have a "snack" at school period where I could fit in a peanut butter sandwich on 12 grain bread, maybe something else if I piled it all down.

Then there's lunch. Home packed is better than cafeteria food I'm guessing?

At home I can eat whatever, but I'm not always home by a certain hour. Sometimes I'm not home til 9 or so, what would you recommend then?

Thanks for all the help by the way, much apreeshed.
    its per meal yes. 2-3 eggs isnt a meal. a good meal for breakfast would be 2-3 eggs, piece of toast with 2+ tablespoons natty pb, and a huge glass of whole milk.

depends on what type of food they have. being 6'4'' 130 lbs u really just need to pack the food down. id say look for a good source of protein, chicken, beef, whatever theyre serving. get a big portion of pasta or ravilolli (not sure what kind of food ur cafeteria has) and a big glass of milk.

another good tip is calories per meal dont really matter... if u know ur going to be busy from 3-8for example, ur 2oclock meal needs to be pretty huge, like 2k+ calories. i u have a whole day to sit around u can spread it out more, 5 or 6 700calorie or so meals. a good way to eat on the run is nuts. 1oz, which is tiny tiny, of nuts, has about 170 calories... u can eat that many nuts in like 2-3 mouthfuls. also, get a good protein bar. the met-rx bars have around 400 calories, and 30 g protein. but yeah when ur going to be doing something for an extended period of time snack on nuts, but eat massive meals before and after.

Alright, so without buying anything mentioned in previous post, I think today was a good start.

Cals 2,406
    Fat (g) 77.1
    Carbs (g) 234.0
    Prot (g) 184.6

Protein is close to 200, I blame that on lack of time this afternoon, but it'll change tomorrow. How are the other numbers looking? Didn't have breakfast today, but got two meals in after lunch and before dinner.

Alright, so without buying anything mentioned in previous post, I think today was a good start.

Cals 2,406
    Fat (g) 77.1
    Carbs (g) 234.0
    Prot (g) 184.6

Protein is close to 200, I blame that on lack of time this afternoon, but it'll change tomorrow. How are the other numbers looking? Didn't have breakfast today, but got two meals in after lunch and before dinner.
    more calories

So that'd be just piling in more food? The night's not over yet, so I could fit in some more.

Dan828 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan828 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan828 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan828 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan828 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan828 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan828 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan828 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan828 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan828 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan828 is just really nice. (+1000)

Cals 2,406
    Fat (g) 77.1
    Carbs (g) 234.0
    Prot (g) 184.6

you dont need 200grams of protein haha. stick to around 130grams for your size.

JustBogart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Check if your school offers an after school gym and bus. Our school offers an after school gym and a 4 O'clock Gym, or you can walk home. I started lifting today too, I used to lift on and off every few weeks at home and just realized that our school offers a gym. Anyways, this is my first post too and I will be sure to update my profile and I will keep on going. Glad to see someone is trying!

Height: 5'9
    Weight: around 140 (I blame the scale that has a mind of its own)

Suggestion: Might want to look up 8 Min Abs on youtube I personally think its a good quick workout for the abs.

Is it really good idea to pack on weight? I am not sure since I don't really want to gain fat.

Registered User bodybuilding0724's Avatar
    bodybuilding0724 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilding0724 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilding0724 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilding0724 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilding0724 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilding0724 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilding0724 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilding0724 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilding0724 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilding0724 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilding0724 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Also you need to read other threads that other people have made to gain knowledge to know what foods to buy to eat the foods