Registered Cinephile HydroShake's Avatar
    HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000)

carb cycling vs traditional diet

I'm sure this has been brought up before.

I've been following the traditional (high protein low carb moderate fat) diet for 5 months and it's been working so far, slowly. Went from 206 to 185. But I always hear people rave about how carb cycling is the greatest and how it is superior to every other diet out there for fat loss, mostly the people who say this are super lean dudes with a decent amount of muscle mass, so I became very interested.

I'm at 2000-2100 clean calories a day. I rarely go over 75g of starchy carbs a day. Haven't had a cheat meal for the past 2 months. I've added the EC stack this past month since I was stuck at 185 and now I'm at 182 at around 18% body fat. I lift 6 days a week and do low intensity cardio for 30-40 minutes 5 days a week. I really doubt that I gained muscle mass on this diet so the scale is a good indicator of fat loss for me.

I'm an endomorph. From what I've read, endomorphs are usually more carb sensitive and EC stack is best used in conjunction with a low carb diet.
    Not sure if these statements are true.

Should I just follow the traditional calories in/calories out method and wait it out or switch to a carb cycle plan of 5 days low carb and a 2 day refeed, also in a calorie deficit?

Any opinions or personal experiences would be appreciated.
    Pointing me to any articles or other threads with good information would also be great.
    Thanks.
    "If I hit my mom back I'd be dead" - Ronnie Coleman

R.I.P.
    Michael Jackson "King of Pop"
    Whitney Houston "GOAT"
    Donna Summer "Queen of Disco"
    Luther Vandross "The Real R&B King"

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think it's more personal preference than either working better than the other.

Some people just feel better carb cycling, others feel like total crap on it.

You also tend to see large fluctuations in weight on carb cycling due to water weight, which can be discouraging if you don't expect it.

Both work, but neither more than the other. They both accomplish the same thing, a deficit.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****