liquidchic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Can I still lose weight on the Depo shot?

Have been on the depo provera shot almost 3 weeks now. I don't know if its my imagination or am I actually gaining weight already. And my energy level has plummeted. I am currently 8 weeks postpartum. I so want to lose this weight. Is there a better method of birth control? Any tips or advice?

Registered User franmacieiski63's Avatar
    franmacieiski63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been on a variety of birth control pills/shots.... The only one I found to actually cause a weight gain was the Depo shot. I am currently on ortho tri-cyclen, and have had no issues whatsoever with it. I would recommend either that or ortho tri-cyclen lo.
    Complacency is a word not found in my dictionary. Once one becomes complacent, their ability to improve is lost.

Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When I was on Depo I gained 40 lbs and I only had 2 shots total, it made me very hungry and since for years I had been maintaining a natural healthy weight eating when hungry, I did that and gained quickly. Once I got off of it I lost 30 lbs, I never had a weight problem till I got on Depo, it started me down the path of yo yo dieting. With Ortho tricyclen I didn't gain weight, that was the only birth control that did not cause weight gain and I've been on several different kinds including the iud. I'm not on birth control anymore and I feel way better and have more energy, I'm doing the natural family planning. Me and my husband have been married 7 years and we have 2 kids and would welcome a 3rd but right now this method is working and this is way better for my health.

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was able to lose weight on it. I however hated the shot and only did 6 months of it.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Registered User sweetiebear0408's Avatar
    sweetiebear0408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sweetiebear0408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sweetiebear0408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sweetiebear0408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sweetiebear0408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sweetiebear0408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sweetiebear0408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sweetiebear0408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sweetiebear0408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sweetiebear0408 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sweetiebear0408 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Careful on the Depo

I feel like I have to warn you about the Depo-shot. I was on it for about 18 months, and it was HORRIBLE. I went for 140lbs to 230lbs with the last 30lbs from bad eating habits. I also had a lot of other reactions from it as well:
    -heart rate problems (which continued after I got off of it)
    - migraines (went away after)
    - lethargic (eventually went away)

I really don't reccomend the Depo to ANYONE. The problem is that if you are having a reaction, you cannot get it out of your system, whereas with the pill you can at least stop it and your body immediately starts recovering. 95% of the women I have asked gained weight on the Depo and yes it starts almost immediately - which is usually the water weight. My advice is stop taking it and switch to the pill or another form your body can get off of easily and in the meantime, drink lots of water and really watch your salt intake - that will be the initial weight gain from it!

Hope that helps!
    "Keep your chins up and heads high!" - (This is going to be a wild ride!)

MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MafiaPrincess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been on depo for 10ish years. I've contemplated if I can't lose weight due to it these days. I get bone scanned and am not having bone loss issues, do not want children and it's really a toss up between the possible inability to lose weight and bleeding. After 10 years of none, I really don't want it back.

Though in the 10ish years on it.. This is the only time I've made an attempt to change my habits and stick to it. I've joined gyms in past, not really pushed myself that hard, gotten bored so I'm not entirely sure that I am unable to lose weight.

4ish years ago during the ski season I managed to hit 146 pounds, but I was eating inappropriately little for 40 hours a week of ski instructing.

I think I either intake way too few calories for my BMR and exercise or I overeat. My bodymedia is on its way from Maine and I'll go back to food journaling so I can try to pinpoint if I actually have an issue, or if I just don't eat appropriately for daily exercise and normal requirements.