Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Not sore = not good workout?

So I know this isn't true and that you can get a good workout and not be sore. But I only feel as if I'm getting results if I get sore. It gives me the reassurance of building muscle for sure. Is anyone else this way? I Always make my goal to get sore. The sorer, the better in my eyes

Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to be like this until I tried a well set up program. Not one I made on my own. This program has me doing far less exercises, I'm nearly never sore. I have seen WAY better results from not being sore, than I ever have from the ones where I was sore.

Not saying sore is bad, just saying it's not always good.
    "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing you will be successful."

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I usually consider it a good workout when my muscles are just incredibly tired when I am finished. I know I had a good workout when I am showering afterward and struggle lifting my arms over my head.

VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by KarD786 View Post
    So I know this isn't true and that you can get a good workout and not be sore. But I only feel as if I'm getting results if I get sore. It gives me the reassurance of building muscle for sure. Is anyone else this way? I Always make my goal to get sore. The sorer, the better in my eyes
    Soreness and or tightness in the muscle indicates you've done a good job and broken down the tissue necessary for repair. With adequate rest between workouts, if you're not at the very least tight in your bodypart 8 to 24 hours after you've trained it then you need to kick up the intensity, volume, or poundages.

zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by VIsland View Post
    Soreness and or tightness in the muscle indicates you've done a good job and broken down the tissue necessary for repair. With adequate rest between workouts, if you're not at the very least tight in your bodypart 8 to 24 hours after you've trained it then you need to kick up the intensity, volume, or poundages.
    what?no.

VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by zildjian_4 View Post
    what?no.
    Let me reiterate. You train a particular body part like biceps for instance. You have a good hard session with good intensity. 12 hours or so later you get up in the morning and think to yourself "hmm I don't remember what bodypart that was that I trained yesterday" so you proceed to straighten your arms, squat down, trying to find something on your body that has soreness, tightness, or at the very least a little fullness in the muscle belly. Negative. Well guess what? That training session you had the night before? A waste of your time. If you think not, you're fooling yourself and you need to take a hard look at how you're training and exactly what you're doing in the gym.

adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    2+2=5?

So I know this isn't true and that 2+2 actually equals 4. But I only feel as if I'm doing good math if I get 5 when I add 2+2. It gives me the reassurance of getting good results for sure. Is anyone else this way? I always make my goal to add 2 and 2 and get 5. The fiver, the better in my eyes.

Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by adimare View Post
    2+2=5?

So I know this isn't true and that 2+2 actually equals 4. But I only feel as if I'm doing good math if I get 5 when I add 2+2. It gives me the reassurance of getting good results for sure. Is anyone else this way? I always make my goal to add 2 and 2 and get 5. The fiver, the better in my eyes.
    wat
    "The brain does much more than just recollect. It inter-compares, it synthesizes, it analyzes -- it generates abstractions.

The simplest thought like the concept of the number one, has an elaborate logical underpinning. The brain has its own language for testing the structure and consistency of the world." - Carl Sagan

do i have brotential BartPimpson's Avatar
    BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Muscle pain always means a good workout, but I believe it's possible to have a good workout without muscle pain.

It's like how you don't always get rain when you have clouds, but you never get rain without them.
    We're dodging more ninjitsu attacks than Flex Wheeler. We're ducking more bullets than George Farah. We're facing more death than a kid leg pressing at Branch Warren's gym.

You can't stop us. You can't hold us back.

IFBB brahs über alles.

jubbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jubbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jubbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jubbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jubbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jubbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jubbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jubbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jubbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jubbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jubbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my shoulders grow quite well but never get sore... my chest is always extremely sore after a workout but is lagging compared to the rest of my body. So to me it doesnt always seem that pain is a sign of progress. I think because my chest lags, i go extra hard and probably overtrain it.. lol i dunno
    I tell a guy that he's never looked better, that he looks brilliant, fantastic. "Your deltoids! And how did you get the tan and the proportion? I'm positive that you'll place; you'll beat Frank; I think you'll even beat Corney. You can easily beat this guy and that guy. I'm certain you'll go all the way—to second place." ARNOLD

do i have brotential BartPimpson's Avatar
    BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jubbrah View Post
    my shoulders grow quite well but never get sore... my chest is always extremely sore after a workout but is lagging compared to the rest of my body. So to me it doesnt always seem that pain is a sign of progress. I think because my chest lags, i go extra hard and probably overtrain it.. lol i dunno
    That's exactly my experience, some muscles never seem to get sore but they still grow. I think soreness is only a superficial indicator of muscle trauma.
    We're dodging more ninjitsu attacks than Flex Wheeler. We're ducking more bullets than George Farah. We're facing more death than a kid leg pressing at Branch Warren's gym.

You can't stop us. You can't hold us back.

IFBB brahs über alles.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP: you look emaciated....I believe you are beating yourself to death.....

get over this "soreness" obsession.....

this is a wonderful time for you to get basically stronger and build a good foundation...

don't waste it by chasing soreness....

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    OP: you look emaciated....I believe you are beating yourself to death.....

get over this "soreness" obsession.....

this is a wonderful time for you to get basically stronger and build a good foundation...

don't waste it by chasing soreness....
    Very solid advice John ^
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I'm not gonna chase my soreness nor am I gonna chase my pumps. However I will embrace them wholeheartedly like I have been for 25 plus years of lifting. BTW you'll never see me post a topic "progress stalled what's wrong?"

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I Always make my goal to get sore. The sorer, the better in my eyes
    If you feel "getting sore" is so beneficial to muscle growth, just throw yourself down a flight of stairs after each workout. By your logic, you'll be huge in no time at all.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's not an obsession but more of something that makes me feel better about my workout. It's like a reassurance that you worked hard enough. Some days I just won't get sore or tight but I am still fine with it. I just feel a lot better when I do get sore. That's just me though..

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I just feel a lot better when I do get sore. That's just me though..
    That's not just you. Many people like ending up sore. But you ARE making it an obsession, and there is no need for it really.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

Well I'd rather have it an obsession to know I'm making results. Cas some days I wake up not tired or dead at all o the previously worked out muscle. Sometimes I'm like I know I worked out hard so I should be good and sometimes I worked out just as hard but I'm like FUUCKK!

rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i get sore after every workout.

those who dont are IMO:

a) not in tune with their bodies (dont know how to stimulate muscles enough)
    b) not using enough weight (i BET these people who dont get sore do 10+ rep schemes)
    - i do 3-4 sets of 8 per exercise, 70-80% of 1RM
    c) not good enough ROM

my chest days for example i get through my 3 sets of each exercise.....its the final 4th set that does the tearing (they are always failure sets that are like 4-6 reps) but i focus on the stretch, the ROM, activating every muscle fiber throughout ROM (i also go much slower on my 4th set of everything to help focus on "tearing the muscle fiber"). i finish with DB flys which really stretch and tear the muscle.

JUNKH34D is on a distinguished road. (+10) JUNKH34D is on a distinguished road. (+10) JUNKH34D is on a distinguished road. (+10) JUNKH34D is on a distinguished road. (+10) JUNKH34D is on a distinguished road. (+10) JUNKH34D is on a distinguished road. (+10) JUNKH34D is on a distinguished road. (+10) JUNKH34D is on a distinguished road. (+10) JUNKH34D is on a distinguished road. (+10) JUNKH34D is on a distinguished road. (+10) JUNKH34D is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I feel the same way as the OP about being sore. Like I just didnt push hard enough in the gym if I'm not sore. I think part of it for me is that the soreness gives me motivation...I look in the mirror and see moobs (man-boobs) but when I hit chest good and hard I know i have Pecs underneath 2 days later when I can't steer my car without crying lol. Obviously thats an exaggeration but you get the point. Its a mental thing. Also, I agree with the guy about being so spent afterward you cant reach places on your body when you try to take a shower, thats a good sign of getting work done for me too.

Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "If i'm not carried out of the gym on a stretcher after each workout, it was a waste"

/nextplz

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by VIsland View Post
    Let me reiterate. You train a particular body part like biceps for instance. You have a good hard session with good intensity. 12 hours or so later you get up in the morning and think to yourself "hmm I don't remember what bodypart that was that I trained yesterday" so you proceed to straighten your arms, squat down, trying to find something on your body that has soreness, tightness, or at the very least a little fullness in the muscle belly. Negative. Well guess what? That training session you had the night before? A waste of your time. If you think not, you're fooling yourself and you need to take a hard look at how you're training and exactly what you're doing in the gym.
    He has a point though, depending on your goals. Soreness is not an indicator of growth or strength gain. If your goal is to get large and the first few weeks you are really sore but then you aren't really getting all that sore anymore but are still putting on size, you are reaching your goal.

A lot of the time I was making great gains in strength in high school I was not sore, but I was getting bigger and all my lifts were increasing rapidly, so how could that training have been a waste?

Even right now, I can do a day of heavy singles on squats and not get sore from them, but I could also throw 95 lbs on the bar and just rep it out for an overhead press for a few sets and probably be very sore the next day, that doesn't mean it was an effective workout, and it doesn't mean my squat work was a wasted training day.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well I'd rather have it an obsession to know I'm making results. Cas some days I wake up not tired or dead at all o the previously worked out muscle. Sometimes I'm like I know I worked out hard so I should be good and sometimes I worked out just as hard but I'm like FUUCKK!
    If you are gaining weight/getting stronger you are improving.

A good example of soreness not being the be all end all of progress is someone's first time trying out the 5x5 program. The first 2-4 weeks might suck if you have never squatted or benched 3x a week. By the 9th week you have significantly increased your 5RM and (if you were eating to support it) your overall size but you will most likely be much more sore/tight the first few weeks of the program then the last 3.

joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    for me soreness is useful to gage where on a muscle a particular exercise hit....

tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rayr2010 View Post

those who dont are IMO:

b) not using enough weight (i BET these people who dont get sore do 10+ rep schemes)
    c) not good enough ROM

my chest days for example i get through my 3 sets of each exercise.....its the final 4th set that does the tearing (they are always failure sets that are like 4-6 reps) but i focus on the stretch, the ROM, activating every muscle fiber throughout ROM (i also go much slower on my 4th set of everything to help focus on "tearing the muscle fiber"). i finish with DB flys which really stretch and tear the muscle.
    at a still out of shape 230 lbs i pretty much die trying to get out 40 chinups mondays,weds, and fridays.i did it friday and this morning.no soreness, just tired.im pretty in tune with my body,i do full range of motion, and i think 230 lbs is enough.i do 5 to 6 sets of leg press once a week,and i can barely walk for a couple of days.
    so i think it probably has something to do with how many days between lifts that dictates some soreness.just my opinion tho.

tom

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rayr2010 View Post

those who dont are IMO:

c) not good enough ROM

enlightenment from the red zone.....

utter nonsense! it is, like the last poster said, more a factor of time between workouts and other various things....

I can have mind numbingly intense workouts without soreness, but , I have also been doing this for almost 40 years.....

when I am sore, I am...I don't sweat it.....

rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=JOHN GARGANI;574305471]enlightenment from the red zone.....[QUOTE]

dont knock the red zone bro, no good reason for me to be neg, i cld just as easily make a new id and get green....

honestly though, soreness is 90% of the time a good indication of a good workout, and a good thing to shoot for imo....

ya 40 years is a bit much to be expecting sore....i imagine your more maintenance then you are building at this point?

45pounder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PeterGibbons316 View Post
    I usually consider it a good workout when my muscles are just incredibly tired when I am finished. I know I had a good workout when I am showering afterward and struggle lifting my arms over my head.
    i definitely feel ya on that!!!
    train hard or dont train at all

45pounder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by joenj07087 View Post
    for me soreness is useful to gage where on a muscle a particular exercise hit....
    exacly!!good point. i actually use soreness to feel and make sure i hit the muscle groups i intended on working
    train hard or dont train at all

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by 45pounder View Post
    exacly!!good point. i actually use soreness to feel and make sure i hit the muscle groups i intended on working
    How long have you been working out?
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.