knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100)

too much creatine?

i only take 5-10 grams of creatine a day but i work out almost everyday(5-6 days a week) so i take it almost everyday....do i need to cycle off it so my body learns to produce creatine on its own?
    My name is Jason Marshall. Here is my stack:

Opti-Men
    Krea-Alkyln
    MTI Protein powder.

Registered User Proposturalized's Avatar
    Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Some people will argue that cycling creatine is beneficial. Some people will argue that it does nothing.

Personally, I cycle creatine every 6 weeks or so.

THE HEAVY IRON SQUAD,CUZZ ygbodybuilder10's Avatar
    ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Proposturalized View Post
    Some people will argue that cycling creatine is beneficial. Some people will argue that it does nothing.

Personally, I cycle creatine every 6 weeks or so.
    i myself do believe that creatine doesn't have to be cycled off, but i'm now giving my body a break from it for a while, so when i do go back on it i will see better gains

Registered User Proposturalized's Avatar
    Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ygbodybuilder10 View Post
    i myself do believe that creatine doesn't have to be cycled off, but i'm now giving my body a break from it for a while, so when i do go back on it i will see better gains
    Contradictory statement is contradictory

tjcliner is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjcliner is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjcliner is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjcliner is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjcliner is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjcliner is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjcliner is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjcliner is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjcliner is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjcliner is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjcliner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by knicks226 View Post
    i only take 5-10 grams of creatine a day but i work out almost everyday(5-6 days a week) so i take it almost everyday....do i need to cycle off it so my body learns to produce creatine on its own?
    take it post workout the 4-6 days a week u lift. therefore cycling off isnt needed. Take creatine with an Insulin spike therefore u absorb more of it

THE HEAVY IRON SQUAD,CUZZ ygbodybuilder10's Avatar
    ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Contradictory statement is contradictory
    actually no, because i have went a whole year on it, if i wanted to i could keep on staying on it, i just feels as thou i dont want to take it anymore for a while

NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ygbodybuilder10 View Post
    just feels as thou i dont want to take it anymore for a while
    Based on the research that I have viewed, allowing for an occasional washout period would be a wise choice [especially if you're taking creatine everyday].

Originally Posted by NO HYPE
    There is absolutely no need to take creatine on the off days [unless you like pissing money down the toilet]. Research has demonstrated the fact that intramuscular PCr concentrations will remain at near maximal saturation for extended periods of time. Unless it's prolonged/exhaustive exercise [such as to the extent of running a marathon], ingesting creatine on workout days only, is more than sufficient to maintain the saturation point. Additionally, numerous peer-reviewed studies have demonstrated the fact that the downregulation of the creatine transporter [CreaT] and/or arginine:glycine amidinotransferase [AGAT] as a result of excessive creatine supplementation, has indeed been proven to be an evident fact.

Additionally [aside from dietary intake], one has to take into consideration, the sufficient amount of [endogenous] creatine that is synthesized on a daily basis. Excluding dietary and/or supplemental intake, the daily synthesis of creatine via the methylation of guanadinoacetic acid within the liver is sufficient enough to maintain the body pool at 120-160 grams.

Originally Posted by tjcliner View Post
    Take creatine with an Insulin spike therefore u absorb more of it
    Won't do much for you [unless you just started taking creatine].

An insulin spike elicited from dextrose will merely assist the rates in which creatine is transported into the muscles [prior] to intramuscular PCr saturation. Once saturation has been achieved, the addition of dextrose does nothing to enhance the maintenence of the saturation point, nor does it enhance the cell's capacity to store PCr.
    Inducing a hyperinsulinemic response in an effort to increase creatine accumulation, would merely be of benefit to individuals who have not yet reached the saturation point [the upper limit of which is 160 mmol/kg dm]. In addition, once intramuscular PCr concentrations have reached the saturation point, they remain elevated at near maximal capacity for extended periods of time [even in the absence of daily creatine supplementation].
    ~

Wherever progression lacks.... regress can be found in abundance.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by NO HYPE View Post
    allowing for an occasional washout period would be a wise choice.
    Just wanted to add for the bros, you will not achieve bringing levels back to baseline unless you go "off" creatine for 4-6 weeks. You will still have plenty in your system if you go off for a couple days. Basically it takes weeks for levels to drop back to baseline.

NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    Just wanted to add for the bros, you will not achieve bringing levels back to baseline unless you go "off" creatine for 4-6 weeks. You will still have plenty in your system if you go off for a couple days. Basically it takes weeks for levels to drop back to baseline.
    Exactly.
    ~

davidearle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidearle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidearle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidearle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidearle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidearle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidearle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidearle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidearle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidearle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidearle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by knicks226 View Post
    your body can only use so much creatine before it just makes you pee out the rest... i'd say anything more than 5g a day is a waste.
    in terms of cycling i'd say go on for 2 weeks, off for 2 weeks. your body will respond better to it this way rather than just staying on non-stop

the best creatine out there is Magnum's Big C... it has a blend of several kinds of creatine and Magnum's the only company out there that guarantees it's products are made with exactly what it says on the bottle
    Stronger than gravity.

http://www.daveearleeliteperformance.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/de1987

Originally Posted by davidearle View Post
    the best creatine out there is Magnum's Big C.
    Not true.

Originally Posted by davidearle View Post
    Magnum's the only company out there that guarantees it's products are made with exactly what it says on the bottle
    Not true.
    ~