HoeOn24z has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about the Dave Palumbo cut diet

Hey everyone,

I recently started the Palumbo diet hoping to get under 10% bf for personal vanity, with an overall goal of 175-180 lbs . Started the diet Exactly 2 weeks ago, at 203.5 lbs not positive but in the neighborhood of 16-18% bf right now, and weighed in this morning at 198 lbs. Everything is going great so far, but had a couple questions if anyone could help.

1. I have been following the outline Dave has for a 200 lb man, is it advised to stay on this exact outline until you reach desired bf? I am confused cause when dieting in the past I have ate for lbm, not just bodyweight. Daves layout can be found all over the place I cant post links yet though fyi.

2. The lean protein meal I consume 8 oz chicken and 1/2 cup raw almonds as he says, my only concern is that 1/2 cup almonds is roughly 3 oz, and according to the nutrional data for almonds (16g fat, 160 cal per 1 oz) isnt that a lot for one meal? About 480 cals, 48 g fat in addition to the chicken. Not to mention 12 g net carbs per 3 oz/half cup. Seems high?

3. Finally, I have been purchasing a cytosport whey mixture from costco as opposed to isolate. one scoop has 27g pro, 2g fat, 3g carbs and 1g fiber. If i mix 2 scoops with 1 tbsp natty pb that brings me to 12g fat, and 6 g net carbs. Is this ok or could it be throwing me off ketosis?

Sorry for the lengthy questions, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    it's 1/3c....1/2c for 250+ lber

surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HoeOn24z View Post
    Hey everyone,

I recently started the Palumbo diet hoping to get under 10% bf for personal vanity, with an overall goal of 175-180 lbs . Started the diet Exactly 2 weeks ago, at 203.5 lbs not positive but in the neighborhood of 16-18% bf right now, and weighed in this morning at 198 lbs. Everything is going great so far, but had a couple questions if anyone could help.

1. I have been following the outline Dave has for a 200 lb man, is it advised to stay on this exact outline until you reach desired bf? I am confused cause when dieting in the past I have ate for lbm, not just bodyweight. Daves layout can be found all over the place I cant post links yet though fyi.

2. The lean protein meal I consume 8 oz chicken and 1/2 cup raw almonds as he says, my only concern is that 1/2 cup almonds is roughly 3 oz, and according to the nutrional data for almonds (16g fat, 160 cal per 1 oz) isnt that a lot for one meal? About 480 cals, 48 g fat in addition to the chicken. Not to mention 12 g net carbs per 3 oz/half cup. Seems high?

3. Finally, I have been purchasing a cytosport whey mixture from costco as opposed to isolate. one scoop has 27g pro, 2g fat, 3g carbs and 1g fiber. If i mix 2 scoops with 1 tbsp natty pb that brings me to 12g fat, and 6 g net carbs. Is this ok or could it be throwing me off ketosis?

I've done this diet before and had to use a shake with 2g or under of carbs. I'm not sure if those extra 2 gs of carbs would upset things.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HoeOn24z View Post
    Hey everyone,

Not to rain on your parade but this is anything but an ideal diet. You can get lean as hell by using measured carbs and keeping blood sugar slightly on the low side... It's ok if you kind of drift in and out of Ketosis. Ketosis for longer periods needs to be avoided if muscle preservation is on your list of goals. The carb ups on these diets will run damage control but will not eliminate the problem.

Polumbo knows his stuff but if you look into this you're going to find that the guys who have the most success with his diets are also running some fairly high doses of HGH, which, of course, changes things in a pretty big way.

Just my two cents. If you're going to do this diet though, buy Whey protein that has no carbs. You're getting enough carbs without even knowing it so at least don't start getting them from things like protein powder. NECTAR makes a great zero carb isolate that is inexpensive (at least relative to other similar products).

Good luck.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"