BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)

Frozen vegetables for juicing?

Ok, so I'm really trying to up my vegetable intake. I really don't like cooked vegetables and actually love them raw. But my jaw starts to hurt eating the amount that I want to. Would frozen vegetables be an acceptable substitute for juicing as means to get my vegetables for the day?
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000)
    You have to defrost them first of course or else some of the juice will be frozen while juicing, it won't make it to your cup.

Juicing is not as healthy as you might think. When you juice carrots or apple, for example, you're separating the fiber from the juice. The end product is high in sugar. It's like drinking orange juice compared to eating an orange.

The most convenient and less expensive way is to buy a 2 lbs jug of Now Foods Barley powder. It taste like sh*t but 1 tablespoon of it equals to one serving of leafy vegetables.

anna-maro will become famous soon enough. (+50) anna-maro will become famous soon enough. (+50) anna-maro will become famous soon enough. (+50) anna-maro will become famous soon enough. (+50) anna-maro will become famous soon enough. (+50) anna-maro will become famous soon enough. (+50) anna-maro will become famous soon enough. (+50) anna-maro will become famous soon enough. (+50) anna-maro will become famous soon enough. (+50) anna-maro will become famous soon enough. (+50) anna-maro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have u ever eaten raw thawed carrots??? They taste funky lol

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    To me, juice is much like soda with a vitamin pill.

I'm being a bit facetious, but you have to ask yourself if you really want to consume a relatively high calorie, carb loaded beverage that doesn't even have much fiber. And if you believe that juice is very healthy, then you probably believe fiber is too.

More directly to your question, after thawing frozen vegetables, I'm sure you can juice them. The yield might be lower as they may have partly dehydrated or the yield might be higher if they absorbed ambiant fluids. But either way, I'm sure you'll live.

After all, you survived your marinating issue ;-)

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry, I didn't mean to say that I was using a juicing machine. I intend on using a simple kitchen blender. I figure just blending it down to a juice still keeps the same nutrients. Also, I'm a vegetable fiend, and tend not to be huge on carbs. Don't get me wrong, I love pasta and rice, but have a hard time getting myself to eat them everyday like I used to. But this isn't something I will be doing on a daily basis, probably just weekly. I once made a large pitcher of veggie juice (via blending) and found I had a hard time finishing it by the time it went bad. So I'm thinking smaller scale and less frequent.

And yes, the overmarinated steak was fantastic.

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If I were you, I'd try making sangria...

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    If I were you, I'd try making sangria...
    Oh man...the last time I had sangria was that night in the hot tub with some friends. On the plus side, I got the girl. On the minus side, the hangover the next morning was hideous.

Word to the wise: The hot tub makes you feel less drunk than you actually are...

Originally Posted by BookMonkey View Post
    Oh man...the last time I had sangria was that night in the hot tub with some friends. On the plus side, I got the girl. On the minus side, the hangover the next morning was hideous.

Word to the wise: The hot tub makes you feel less drunk than you actually are...
    In this case, correlation does equal causation ;-)